Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2012, 11:50 PM   #1
ashleyasiegel
Mouseketeer

Pop Century - Standard Room Request

We are staying at Pop in December in a standard room. Just wondering what would be a good building to request if any? The shortest walk to the bus stop for a standard room would be nice. I have already requested a first floor as that is most important to us with a stroller.

Thanks for any insight you can give!
Ashley

April/May 2014: Pop Century l Dec 2012: Pop Century l Jan/Feb 2012: DD2 1st trip ASMovies l Sept 2010: All Star Music l Nov 2009: Pop Century/All Star Music l Nov 2009: Disneyland l Jan 2009: DD1 1st trip All Star Sports l May 2007: Off Site l April 2006: Off Site Herm's First Disney Trip
ashleyasiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:56 PM   #2
smidgy
dimples

well, almost everyone has a stroller except us.

I think the 1st floor though is a good request cause if you dont' get it you at least would get 2nd floor..

I am guessing you also booked standard view. I would ask for 50's bldg. 1 1st floor. you would face the parking lot, but it is really a view of the landscaping and very convenient.

if you want a better view, request 50's , bldg 3.. lake view. you will still be enar the pool, just not facing it, and have a lake view. a littel longer walk to the bus stop, foodcourt.

IF,howeer, you are wanting to walk over to AOA, then ask for 60's, 1st floor. you won't get the preferred or pool view, but probably lake view. not far from the food court, etc. and also close to the bridge to walk over to AOA to check it out, eat maybe at their food court.
smidgy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-10-2012, 04:16 AM   #3
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Originally Posted by smidgy View Post
well, almost everyone has a stroller except us.

I think the 1st floor though is a good request cause if you dont' get it you at least would get 2nd floor..
Not sure why you would think that. I always request first floor at any Value or Moderate. In multiple stays at POP I've never been on the first or second floor. Every single time we've been assigned a room on the third or fourth floor. At CSR my request is always for first floor somewhere in the Cabanas. My first trip there I was assigned to the top floor of Casitas 2, which is no where even close to my request and have also been assigned a third floor in the Ranchos (again no where close to my first floor Cabanas request). I've also been placed on the third floor at POFQ, after requesting first floor.

I agree with you though about loving the 50's sections. However if the OP, wants closer to the buses, I'd recommend requesting 70's building (0101-0472) or 80's building (9101-9471)--- (really 0101-0172 or 9101-9171 if she wants first floor).

Last edited by aubriee; 10-10-2012 at 04:23 AM.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:10 AM   #4
ashleyasiegel
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the ideas on the buildings as I really didn't know which were standard since Pop had so many different levels of preferred. I guess we have been lucky in the past as we have always gotten the first floor or the one time we didn't get it originally we were able to be switched. We haven't gotten the building that we have requested before but its always worth a shot putting it on there.

April/May 2014: Pop Century l Dec 2012: Pop Century l Jan/Feb 2012: DD2 1st trip ASMovies l Sept 2010: All Star Music l Nov 2009: Pop Century/All Star Music l Nov 2009: Disneyland l Jan 2009: DD1 1st trip All Star Sports l May 2007: Off Site l April 2006: Off Site Herm's First Disney Trip
ashleyasiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:32 AM   #5
3boys4me
DIS Veteran

Every trip I request ground floor and we have had it every trip. I am sure I just jinxed us for our upcomming trip . I'm not sure of the building numbers, but we ask to be by the big Mickey phone. Great location.

11/2004 All Star Movies
11/2005 POFQ
11/2008 Coronado Springs
11/2009 Coronado Springs
11/2010 Caribbean Beach Resort
03/2011 POP, 11/2011 POP
11/2012 AoA, 11/2013 POP
11/2014 ASSP
3boys4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:58 AM   #6
lanejudy

DISboards Moderator

We were actually in the furthest 50s building, past the bowling pin pool, on the backside facing the "parking lot" (more like the courtyard with parking beyond). About the furthest away we could get in that direction. However, it was only a couple of minutes walk to the food court, and from there it's maybe another minute through the building to the bus stops. So while it may look like a long distance, it really isn't.

Closest to the buses will be the 70s or 80s buildings - personally I don't find the theming as "interesting" for a younger child as the 50s and 60s buildings, who can recognize a bowling pin and yo-yo much better than 8-track cassettes or Rubiks cubes.
lanejudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:26 AM   #7
raraavis
Mouseketeer

i would read up on the POP Century thread. tons of information and lots of friendly people. on the first page, janet has maps of the property (which include room/building numbers). i personally requested 80s (building 9) by the 90s parking lot because it looked like an easy walk to the buses. but many people suggest requesting 50s and 60s buildings to be close to classic hall. good luck!
Old 10-10-2012, 08:13 PM   #8
smidgy
dimples

I just meant they seem to try to give you close to your request if they don't give you your exact request. that has been our experience. but aubriee, you're right, your rooms couldn't be farther away from your requests!!!

don't forget, you ususally don't have to take the first room they assign you. I say"um, what else ya got?" I'll take a room we like better and wait for ti rather than take one we don't like just cause it's ready. what's a few hours wait by the pool (o rin a park) compared to a whoel week in a better room? (course, I dn't have little kids with me)
smidgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:26 PM   #9
serene56
DIS Veteran

for our first trip i booked 4 rooms i requested 60s low floor close to elevators we had 2 wheelchairs and a stroller in our party.

we did online check in when we arrived we found we were all over the resort 50, yp, 70 and 90 took over an hour and half to fix that at least put us in the same building.

we wound up in the 50s on the highest floor so far from the elevator.

but at least we were together

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: