Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2012, 09:50 PM   #1
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Best Burger in The World?

I posed this question on Captain_Oblivious's trip report thread, because he's known to not get past the burger section of just about any menu he's ever read, but Cinderella's Fella suggested that the DIS Dad's forum would be a perfect place for this question too....

So, what Disney restaurants are your favorite places to get a hamburger, and why?

The reason I'm asking is that I'm helping a friend plan his first trip to DisneyWorld. He's a big fan of side-of-the-road, hole-in-the-wall, dive joints and is asking if he should plan a few hours off-property "just to get a burger or something".

On Captain_Oblivious's thread we heard from FreezinRafiki, who gave a to the burgers at Beaches & Cream; and also from FauntleroyFAN07, who likes the burgers and fixin's at the Art of Animation resort. Does anyone else have any recommendations?
glennbo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:35 AM   #2
Cinderella's Fella
DIS Dad #215
Carpe Bacon
And no more candy and caffeine for the rest of you

I like the burger at Sci Fi Theater in DHS, The burger is good and the themeing is Great. I also like the one at Pecos Bill in MK, more for the fixin' bar, it has everything!

Cinderella's Fella is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-10-2012, 07:07 AM   #3
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella's Fella
I like the burger at Sci Fi Theater in DHS, The burger is good and the themeing is Great. I also like the one at Pecos Bill in MK, more for the fixin' bar, it has everything!
Oh yeah, I forgot about that one! Excellent choice.
Old 10-10-2012, 12:32 PM   #4
baseballmickey
DDC #644

I heard Barry's recommendation for the Burger at Beaches and Cream on the Epcot Resort Podcast. We ate there this past trip, and I got the burger (single patty, I believe they also offer a double)... and I was very disappointed. Probably Barry's fault for hyping it up so much. Perhaps he had the double??

The burger was thin and reminded me of a mcdonald's burger.

The "No Way Jose" sundae more than made up for it though!

Numerous Trips as a kid from 1974-1993. WDWCP MK Custodial Spring '94. Off Property, 1995, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001. Land/Sea @ ASMR/Wonder 2002. CBR 2003. POR 2006. Off Property 2007. DVC @ SSR since 2007.. SSR 2008, 2009.. BWV March 2010. SSR December 2010.
BLT/DCL Dream/BCV July/August 2012
DISDad #644
I'm Going Away... FOREVER! Oh, Great! Could You Get Me a Sandwich? A TR In Progress
My First Trip Report - Escape from New York, Dec 26, 2010 - Jan 1, 2011 - COMPLETED!
Our Disney Blog: "Home is Where the Mouse is"

Treguna Mekoides and Trecorum Satis Dee
baseballmickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 01:04 PM   #5
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

I still like the pulled-pork burger at Liberty Tavern.
Captain_Oblivious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 01:04 PM   #6
Cinderella's Fella
DIS Dad #215
Carpe Bacon

The best burger I had at Disney was at, Village Haus Restaurant Fantasyland Disneyland!

Angus 1/3 lb Pastrami Cheeseburger - Angus Chuck Burger with Pastrami, Swiss cheese, caramelized onions and mild creamy horseradish sauce.

I wish I took a picture of it, but it wasn't around for very long.

Old 10-10-2012, 01:05 PM   #7
Cinderella's Fella
DIS Dad #215
Carpe Bacon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Is that your Final Answer?

Old 10-10-2012, 01:09 PM   #8
Cinderella's Fella
DIS Dad #215
Carpe Bacon

Here is what A.J. has over on the Disney Food Blog.

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/0...disney-burger/

I might have to go look up the Kobe beef burger in AK!

Old 10-10-2012, 03:03 PM   #9
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Gotta be honest. I can't say that I've ever had a bad burger at any Disney restaurants. For the most part, I'd say a bacon cheeseburger at Captain Cooks, is the same as a bacon cheeseburger at Cosmic Rays or a bacon cheesburger anywhere else on property.

I will agree with the comment about Sci-Fi. It is a nice place to sit in the AC in the dark in the middle of the hot day and enjoy a milkshake and a burger.

My personal favorite is Pecos Bills. Get a burger and load it up at the toppings bar.

I've never been to Beaches and Cream, but I definitely want to.

I commented about this on Mark's TR, but maybe the ESPN Club at the Boardwalk? I've never tried the burgers there, but I really do like their buffalo chicken sandwich. They seem to do the bar & grill type food very well and it is reasonably priced as far as Disney goes.

Ok, I have a question... I've noticed there is a burger on the menu at Le Cellier. I thought about getting it last year since the main reason we were booking the ADR was just to get the cheese soup. In the end I went with the fillet, but has anyone had the burger there? How does it compare to others on Disney property?
afwdwfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 04:14 PM   #10
BigTikiDaddy
DIS Dad #574
Ya hurt yer what?

I try not to get a lot of burgers at WDW and try new things....that said, while I like the toppings bar at Pecos, the burgers at Sci Fi are just so good. Sci-Fi is one of only two CS restraunts that are must do every trip.

Polynesian April '03 (our belated official Honeymoon) POP Century January '06 (DD's first trip and DW's BDay) POP Century February '08 POP Century October 2010 (DD2's First trip and 10th Anniversary) POP Century August 2011 (Just Because)
POP Century August 2013 (see a trend happening?)

BigTikiDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:27 PM   #11
trennr
DISDad #104
Oh, thee of little faith
Nate....

Dang... I want a Hamburger.
Old 10-11-2012, 11:21 AM   #12
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballmickey View Post
I heard Barry's recommendation for the Burger at Beaches and Cream on the Epcot Resort Podcast. We ate there this past trip, and I got the burger (single patty, I believe they also offer a double)... and I was very disappointed. Probably Barry's fault for hyping it up so much. Perhaps he had the double??

The burger was thin and reminded me of a mcdonald's burger.

The "No Way Jose" sundae more than made up for it though!

That's good advice -- don't hype anything too much. Got it!

Oh my gosh, that No Way Jose looks awesome. Drool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Noted. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella's Fella View Post
The best burger I had at Disney was at, Village Haus Restaurant Fantasyland Disneyland!

Angus 1/3 lb Pastrami Cheeseburger - Angus Chuck Burger with Pastrami, Swiss cheese, caramelized onions and mild creamy horseradish sauce.

I wish I took a picture of it, but it wasn't around for very long.
Wow, I wouldn't a thunk that. Interesting.
Old 10-11-2012, 11:31 AM   #13
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella's Fella View Post
Here is what A.J. has over on the Disney Food Blog.

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/0...disney-burger/

I might have to go look up the Kobe beef burger in AK!
Oh that's awesome. I can send my friend that link. Maybe he'll start to think that he won't be completely wasting his time at WDW. (First-timer, you know.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Gotta be honest. I can't say that I've ever had a bad burger at any Disney restaurants. For the most part, I'd say a bacon cheeseburger at Captain Cooks, is the same as a bacon cheeseburger at Cosmic Rays or a bacon cheesburger anywhere else on property.

I will agree with the comment about Sci-Fi. It is a nice place to sit in the AC in the dark in the middle of the hot day and enjoy a milkshake and a burger.
I think Sci-Fi is a great recommendation and probably what I'll advise them to do on their DHS day.

Quote:
My personal favorite is Pecos Bills. Get a burger and load it up at the toppings bar.
We went to Pecos Bill's on our trip this summer, and while the burger and fixins were okay, we came out.....not fans. It had more to do with the loud and chaotic atmosphere than with the food.

Quote:
I've never been to Beaches and Cream, but I definitely want to.

I commented about this on Mark's TR, but maybe the ESPN Club at the Boardwalk? I've never tried the burgers there, but I really do like their buffalo chicken sandwich. They seem to do the bar & grill type food very well and it is reasonably priced as far as Disney goes.
That's an interesting idea. There will actually be bowl games going on while they're there.

Quote:
Ok, I have a question... I've noticed there is a burger on the menu at Le Cellier. I thought about getting it last year since the main reason we were booking the ADR was just to get the cheese soup. In the end I went with the fillet, but has anyone had the burger there? How does it compare to others on Disney property?
I think Marvali had one there and liked it. I looked through his latest TR and can't find a chapter with it, so maybe it was an older one. But yeah, if/when I get there, I'm going for the filet not the burger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTikiDaddy View Post
I try not to get a lot of burgers at WDW and try new things....that said, while I like the toppings bar at Pecos, the burgers at Sci Fi are just so good. Sci-Fi is one of only two CS restraunts that are must do every trip.
I'm with you, I try new things instead, which is why I don't know much about burgers at Disney! Thanks, I think i will be recommending Sci-Fi to him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trennr View Post
Dang... I want a Hamburger.
Me too. And a No Way Jose!
Old 11-03-2012, 11:38 AM   #14
beer dave
There are 10 kinds of people in the world-- those who understand the binary numbering system, and those who do not.

So how about the kobe at the big river brew pub? It's the best I've had in WDW---
beer dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 02:41 PM   #15
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by beer dave
So how about the kobe at the big river brew pub? It's the best I've had in WDW---
I've never eaten there, but the menu looks great and it might be a good choice for my friend. Thanks for the recommendation.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: