Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-09-2012, 02:03 PM   #16
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate
 
TDC Nala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Not far enough outside the Beltway
Posts: 59,175
DISboards Moderator

Just for Food & Wine Festival, which is sponsored by Chase this year.
__________________
TDC Nala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 06:04 AM   #17
SamR

DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 586

Quote:
They also give out wristbands for preferred seating to Eat to the Beat and Illuminations. They are limited so get there early if you want them.
I've heard this in other references to the lounge. Anyone with anecdotes on when the wristbands were available/not available? That is, something like "I was there at 11:30 and got one" or "I asked at 2:00 and they were all out".

The Festival Center is in Future World which opens at 9:00, but I'm guessing the Center doesn't open until 11:00 when the rest of F&W starts? And I assume that the Chase lounge opens when the Festival Center opens?
__________________
Sam
SamR is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-11-2012, 06:41 AM   #18
travelin' tigger

I've finally met Tigger and I'm doin' the "Super Duper Alley Ooper Loop-de-Looper Bounce"!
 
travelin' tigger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Millis, MA & OKW
Posts: 3,731

Festival Center opening

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamR View Post
The Festival Center is in Future World which opens at 9:00, but I'm guessing the Center doesn't open until 11:00 when the rest of F&W starts? And I assume that the Chase lounge opens when the Festival Center opens?
According to Disney's website, the Festival Center opens at 9:00am so I would assume the Chase Lounge would also open at that time.
__________________

2014: BWV Mar • GFV/BLT Jul ~ 2013: BWV Mar • BWV Jul • OKW Nov ~ 2012: BWV Feb • BCV Aug • OKW Nov ~ 2011: OKW May • AKV Jan ~ 2010: OKW Nov • HR/BCV Aug • ASMu/BCV May • AKV Jan ~ 2009: BWV Dec • OKW Oct • ASMu Sep • Pop July • BWV May • Pop Feb ~ 2008: OKW Nov • BCV Aug • BWV Jun/Jul • BWV Mar ~ 2007: BWV Dec • ASSp/BWV Nov • ASSp/BWV Sep • ASMu May•BWV Mar ~ 2006: BWV Dec • Dolphin Sep/BWV Oct • ASMu Aug • Pop/BCV May • Dolphin/BWV Jan ~ 2005: Swan/HR/OKW Dec • ASMo Sep/BWV Oct • Pop Feb ~ 2004: Swan/RPR Dec • Pop/WL Oct • Safari May • Pop Jan ~ 2003: Dolphin/RPR Nov/Dec • CSR Jun • CBR Jan ~ 2002: POFQ/ASMu Dec • ASSp Jun • ASMu Feb ~ 2001: ASMu Nov


travelin' tigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:00 AM   #19
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate
 
TDC Nala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Not far enough outside the Beltway
Posts: 59,175
DISboards Moderator

The center and the lounge open at 9. They do not wait until the World Showcase opens.

On weekends they have been running out of wristbands before noon.

There was one report that there were some concert wristbands available at 1 PM yesterday (Wednesday).
__________________
TDC Nala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:26 AM   #20
Jiminy'sGirl
DIS Veteran
 
Jiminy'sGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 951

Does anyone know where the preferred Illuminations viewing area is located?
__________________

Etsy ID: ALPhandmade
Jiminy'sGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:33 AM   #21
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate
 
TDC Nala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Not far enough outside the Beltway
Posts: 59,175
DISboards Moderator

Between the 2 stores on the Future World side of the lagoon.
__________________
TDC Nala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:35 AM   #22
Jiminy'sGirl
DIS Veteran
 
Jiminy'sGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 951

Thanks!!! We like that spot a lot. Have watched from there a few times.... It would be nice not to have to stake it out.
__________________

Etsy ID: ALPhandmade
Jiminy'sGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:54 AM   #23
raraavis
Mouseketeer
 
raraavis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: East Coast
Posts: 336

so i've heard about the preferred viewing area for illuminations, but i am not interested in getting a wristband for that. can someone tell me what the preferred seating area is for the concert wristband? thanks!
__________________
me (30)
DH (32)
raraavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:01 AM   #24
budafam
DIS Veteran
 
budafam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 3,277

We were first ones in the door at the center at 9am to get wristbands for the Boyz II Men concert on Tuesday. We got the 5:30 show and the seats were the 2nd row on the left side looking at the stage after the covered area. There are about 5 rows under the cover and then a path for walking. The seats are great but you have to be there at least an hour before the show or you may not get a good seat... it was nice not having to wait longer than that!
__________________
Trip Reports:1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th
5th 6th *IN PROGRESS*
Dining Reports: DxDP 10/30/11-11/4/11, TIW Food Report, DxDP 10/2/12-10/10/12
DxDP 12/3/13-12/10/13
Upcoming Trips: 9/21-9/29 POR & 10/25-10/31 BWV 10/31-11/3 DREAM



budafam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:51 AM   #25
raraavis
Mouseketeer
 
raraavis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: East Coast
Posts: 336

Quote:
Originally Posted by budafam View Post
We were first ones in the door at the center at 9am to get wristbands for the Boyz II Men concert on Tuesday. We got the 5:30 show and the seats were the 2nd row on the left side looking at the stage after the covered area. There are about 5 rows under the cover and then a path for walking. The seats are great but you have to be there at least an hour before the show or you may not get a good seat... it was nice not having to wait longer than that!
thanks for the info! we are planning for the 5:30 show as well. but we are going to do character spot and soarin' first before we head to the chase lounge. i expect to be there around 10am. hopefully, there will still be some wristbands left!

when you say "the seats are great but you have to be there at least an hour before", you are saying that in regards to if you don't have the wristbands correct?
__________________
me (30)
DH (32)
raraavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 12:02 PM   #26
budafam
DIS Veteran
 
budafam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 3,277

Quote:
Originally Posted by raraavis View Post
thanks for the info! we are planning for the 5:30 show as well. but we are going to do character spot and soarin' first before we head to the chase lounge. i expect to be there around 10am. hopefully, there will still be some wristbands left!

when you say "the seats are great but you have to be there at least an hour before", you are saying that in regards to if you don't have the wristbands correct?
No, when you get the wristbands they tell you to arrive at least 45 minutes beforehand. We did the American Adventure thing which is right across from the concert and we were done at 4:15... when we walked outside, they were letting everyone in for the concert already so actually an hour and 15 minutes before. If you want the best seats, get there at least by then and you will be able to move towards the center where the front row ends a bit shorter so you'll have no one in front of you. If you don't mind having one row in front of you then you could probably show up whenever but right around 15 minutes before the show they started to let everyone sit in that row even if they didn't have a wristband... just to fill up seats.
__________________
Trip Reports:1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th
5th 6th *IN PROGRESS*
Dining Reports: DxDP 10/30/11-11/4/11, TIW Food Report, DxDP 10/2/12-10/10/12
DxDP 12/3/13-12/10/13
Upcoming Trips: 9/21-9/29 POR & 10/25-10/31 BWV 10/31-11/3 DREAM



budafam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 06:00 PM   #27
That'sNotVeryMagical
Mouseketeer
 
That'sNotVeryMagical's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: New Albany, IN
Posts: 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by budafam View Post
We got the 5:30 show and the seats were the 2nd row on the left side looking at the stage after the covered area. There are about 5 rows under the cover and then a path for walking.
So the seats aren't right up by the stage, correct? There are five rows under the covered area, then the path, then the reserved area for wristbands?
__________________
Katy

√WDW √TDR √HKDR √DLR DLRP
That'sNotVeryMagical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 07:27 PM   #28
Illinistifler
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Celebration, FL
Posts: 106

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherPrincess View Post
They also give out wristbands for preferred seating to Eat to the Beat and Illuminations. They are limited so get there early if you want them. I can't comment on where the seats are though because our show was cancelled due to weather. It was our last night. We really enjoyed the lounge. They also had iPads to play with. The lounge is in the back of the Chocolate Experience, which is worth seeing in and of itself.
They rope off the 1st three rows (not under the canopy) on the far left as you face the stage
Illinistifler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:09 PM   #29
raraavis
Mouseketeer
 
raraavis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: East Coast
Posts: 336

Quote:
Originally Posted by budafam View Post
No, when you get the wristbands they tell you to arrive at least 45 minutes beforehand. We did the American Adventure thing which is right across from the concert and we were done at 4:15... when we walked outside, they were letting everyone in for the concert already so actually an hour and 15 minutes before. If you want the best seats, get there at least by then and you will be able to move towards the center where the front row ends a bit shorter so you'll have no one in front of you. If you don't mind having one row in front of you then you could probably show up whenever but right around 15 minutes before the show they started to let everyone sit in that row even if they didn't have a wristband... just to fill up seats.
oh wow, i didn't realize. thanks for the clarification!
__________________
me (30)
DH (32)
raraavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 04:58 PM   #30
That'sNotVeryMagical
Mouseketeer
 
That'sNotVeryMagical's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: New Albany, IN
Posts: 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinistifler View Post
They rope off the 1st three rows (not under the canopy) on the far left as you face the stage
Darn! I was hoping they were closer to the stage; I remembered there being a roped off section near the stage a couple of years ago, and I could never figure out why, I was hoping this would be in the same area.
__________________
Katy

√WDW √TDR √HKDR √DLR DLRP
That'sNotVeryMagical is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:57 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.