Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-13-2012, 05:12 PM   #16
Sweettears
50 years of Disney and counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvptravels View Post
Sorry. That bus driver should be fired. There's no way Fantasmic will be replaced. It's way to popular. WOC is nothing more than an elaborate version of the Fountains At Bellagio in Las Vegas. I like the Downtown Disney idea. Maybe they could put it in the water there. But removing Fantasmic from DHS will only happen when DHS is taken over by Universal.

The Cars Land thing? I don't know about that one either. Perhaps they put the Radiator Springs ride in at DHS, but I'm not sure about an entire land.
I thought WOC was pretty impressive and a nice change of pace from the usual firework show. I could see them adding WOC to DHS. Why not have a WOC show and a Fantasmic show running on the same night instead of two F! shows? It might help to increase night time attendance at DHS.

I certainly wouldn't mind being able to watch WOC sitting down.
Sweettears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 12:03 PM   #17
cupcakefairy2u
Its just me the cupcake fairy

I will be there in under a week I plan to ask the Boat driver if the Bus drivers are pulling shenanigans again
Register to remove

Old 10-15-2012, 03:05 PM   #18
quagmire0
Mouseketeer

Was DHS actually originally designed/engineered by Disney? I'd be surprised if it was. To me, it was just way too cramped. I kind of wish Disney would just shut it down for a while and re-engineer the whole place.
Old 10-15-2012, 06:14 PM   #19
Murron
Murron

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfalcioni View Post
WDW bus drivers seem to enjoy being part of a culture of mis-information. I think they get a kick out of telling tall tales, only to have folks run to their computer and post it on a Disney forum as possible truth because "a CM said it!".

I'm not saying none of these will ever happen, but I'd take anything you hear from CM's, and especially bus drivers, with a grain of salt.
Exactly!
Old 10-24-2012, 01:50 PM   #20
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by quagmire0 View Post
Was DHS actually originally designed/engineered by Disney? I'd be surprised if it was. To me, it was just way too cramped. I kind of wish Disney would just shut it down for a while and re-engineer the whole place.
Yes it was. It was designed as a Working studio with a few attractions at the front part of the property for guests to explore. Over the years, the Guest accesible sections of the park have expanded, and the working studio itself has disappeared.

As for the WoC talk, Personally I'm thinking the WoC type show would be much better fit into the potential Pandora expansion at AK than it would replacing an existing show at another park. Why? The lighting effects would mesh nicely with the evening look of the Pandora planet.... And it would help add the Evening finale which many people feel is missing from AK, while avoiding the Pyrotechnics that has the potential to really mess with the Animal residents of the park.
DCTooTall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 02:07 PM   #21
msdaisy
Mouseketeer

This would be so exciting. That is the one thing that I love about Disney - just when you think you have seen it all.....

And that's the one thing my husband hates $$$

2006 Offsite, 2009 Yacht Club, 2010 Offsite, 2011 Coronado Springs, 2012 Old Key West, 2013 Port Orleans Riverside, 2013 First Trip to Disneyland! Embassy Suites North
Old 10-25-2012, 10:01 AM   #22
lockedoutlogic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfalcioni View Post
WDW bus drivers seem to enjoy being part of a culture of mis-information. I think they get a kick out of telling tall tales, only to have folks run to their computer and post it on a Disney forum as possible truth because "a CM said it!".

I'm not saying none of these will ever happen, but I'd take anything you hear from CM's, and especially bus drivers, with a grain of salt.
This is perhaps the most accurate description of the "busdriver conundrum" i've ever heard.

Well done, sir (or madam)...

This also brings me to my first point "Cast Members know nothing!!!" never did, never will...
because they punch a clock in WDW...that in no way means they are privy to anything. New developments are for the markets and investors first, then they are for the marketing/ sales department next, then they are for the upper management next, then the repeat customers, and on and on...

Somewhere down near #28...after the gators that they fish out of the locks...the entry management and rank and files are told.

there can be exceptions...if they are doing planning/ construction work that they can't hide effectively from all the nametags - they'll mitigate the damage and try to tell who they need to...but that is rare.
That is the way of things...believe no one who works there...

Unless they were an poorly tailored $6,000 suit and walk up to you and say "Hi, my name is Bob and i'm the CEO of the walt disney company"

then...maybe...you give the benefit of the doubt.
But even then i probably wouldn't.
Bought there....(SSR 2006)

Last Trip: Too Long Ago
Next Trip: Can i borrow some money to go?
Gift Shop Quality: When did we get to WalMart?
Food Quality: Only the finest free range roast chicken breast and loch dart salmon in the Kingdom

"May the Space Being bless the Free Market"
lockedoutlogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 07:42 AM   #23
franchescadisney
Earning My Ears

I would be so upset if they replaced Fantasmic with WoC.... Though cars land would be really cool since the Lights Camera Action show is getting old. Though they replaced Herbie with Lightning McQueen so maybe they were testing the crowd reaction to him in the show before they replaced it?
Old 10-29-2012, 04:52 PM   #24
Tink1987
DIS Veteran

Is it just me that thinks Carsland should stay in California? I only say this because the film is set in California so I think it's perfect there and really shouldn't come to Orlando.....
April 2005 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe | June 2006 - Lanzarote | June 2007 - Cyprus | March 2008 - New York | November 2008 - Mexico | June 2009 - Cuba | December 2009 - Orlando - International Drive | April 2010 - Marrakech | August 2011 - Bruges | March 2012 - Paris and Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge | June 2012 - Norway Fjords on the P&O Azura | August 2012 - Amsterdam | September 2012 - Berlin and Budapest | May 2013 - Eastbound Transatlantic on the Disney Magic | August 2013 - Ghent, Antwerp and Bruges | January 2014 - Road Trip from Las Vegas to Los Angeles | May 2014 - Disneyland Paris | September 2014 - Orlando - WDW's Saratoga Springs | December 2014 - Bruges

http://www.flickr.com/photos/markcollettephotos/
Tink1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 05:38 PM   #25
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Ya know....

With today's Lucasfilm announcement, I'm starting to wonder if all the prep work and rumors of SOMETHING replacing the remnants of the Backstage Tour and the Stunt show theater could in fact be from a potential Star Wars expansion within MGM.

Disney has said many times that Carsland is NOT coming to Florida for a number of reasons (Supposed to help pull guests to California to help that resort's efforts to become a Destination resort, Similarities between Test Track and Radiator Springs Racers, etc)....... But people have been asking for a Star Wars Land for awhile now with the primary reason people believed it wasn't happening being Lucas' lack of interest and/or being too demanding. As that's no longer a factor......

DCTooTall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 05:44 PM   #26
CanadianGuy

Me and My Posse doing our New Kids on the Block moves at PI

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall
Ya know....

With today's Lucasfilm announcement, I'm starting to wonder if all the prep work and rumors of SOMETHING replacing the remnants of the Backstage Tour and the Stunt show theater could in fact be from a potential Star Wars expansion within MGM.

Disney has said many times that Carsland is NOT coming to Florida for a number of reasons (Supposed to help pull guests to California to help that resort's efforts to become a Destination resort, Similarities between Test Track and Radiator Springs Racers, etc)....... But people have been asking for a Star Wars Land for awhile now with the primary reason people believed it wasn't happening being Lucas' lack of interest and/or being too demanding. As that's no longer a factor......

I said the exact same thing today.. in fact, I said it in June when I was there.. in a 'wishful but oh well' kinda way. "Disney should build a 'Star Wars land' over in the backlot area.. that'd be a good use of the space.. oh well."

Hmm..

06/1995 - All Star Music | 11/1998 - Wilderness Lodge | 10/1999 - Disneyland
06/2006 - Pop Century | 03/2007 - Pop Century | 06/2007 - Coronado Springs
12/2007 - All Star Sports | 06/2008 - Pop Century | 09/2008 - All Star Sports
06/2010 - Swan | 06/2012 - Dolphin | 01/2013 - All Star Sports

CanadianGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:30 AM   #27
tmoret
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall View Post
Ya know....

That is what I am thinking also. If you keep putting the same things in both states then it opulls from people that go to DL to see it. If you build something diferent in DHS then you have now made to new things people really want to see. Cars land in CA and Star Wars in DHS. To me thats the way to make money.

MY DISigns:
http://s816.photobucket.com/albums/zz82/tmoret/Disigns/
tmoret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:37 AM   #28
gymnastgirlflips
Live, Laugh, Glove <3 VMK

I couldn't really see World of Color working where Fantasmic is. As many of you have probably figured out if you've seen WoC, it's pretty pointless to watch it unless you're on a raised surface or right up against the water. If not, you can't see a thing. The show is spectacular if you ARE right by the water, though. It's amazing... but seeing it from a seat may not be as amazing. It'd be way better than staring at some kid on a dad's shoulders, but it still doesn't seem like a good idea.

Carsland to me is wonderful, but it needs to be exclusively Disneyland. Especially considering Test Track is already at Epcot. It'd be a waste.

Considering Disney bought/is buying Lucasfilms (not sure if the deal is sealed or not, but it seems to be) a Star Wars Land seems to be the best choice.... Star Wars weekends will be way more often, I'm sure.

I'm still not sure if Star Wars could bring in the crowd like Harry Potter does, but maybe Disney knows something I don't. I'd rather them expand on Star Wars than make an Avatar Land. Star Wars seems more Disney.

...And now that I'm thinking about it, what about a Marvel Land??? I mean, they seem to be focusing on buying so many movie franchises lately. Marvel would really bring in guests if you ask me. It's going strong while Star Wars just has it's show "Star Wars the Clone Wars" which is good, but... well, it's not as popular as The Avengers or Iron Man.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: