Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2012, 08:06 AM   #961
goofy4prez
DIS Dads Club Member #484
I hate the Steelers & Ravens like a mother loves a child!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Today was BEACH day!!!

We drove to Starbucks (yes, Andy, Mark, Tim and anyone else who wants to chime in, we went AGAIN) as I can't start my day without my coffee.

I thought of you yesterday when I heard on the news that Starbucks is now offering a $7 cup of coffee in the Pacific Northwest. It is a Costa Rica Finca Palmiera. Starbucks says it's a very rare bean and traces it's roots back to Ethiopia.

They can call it what they want, I call it insane!

We then drove to the parking area for the beach, parked the car, hit the restroom (as there are none on the beach) and walked the two blocks to the beach. And this is what we saw:

Who needs a restroom at the beach when all you have to do is walk out into the ocean until you are waist level and then just let it go...

(now of course this only works for one of the two bodily functions)

Kathy, I have loved this report and can't wait to read about the surprise you have for Mark in the next few days.

Achieved (6-10-12) and maintaining weight lost goal of 115 LBS.From 267 lbs to 152 lbs
Old 11-30-2012, 10:09 AM   #962
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4prez View Post
Kathy, I have loved this report and can't wait to read about the surprise you have for Mark in the next few days.

Aug 14 TR: Go with the flow dudeJungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-30-2012, 11:25 AM   #963
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
Sunday we slept in a little and then took a ride to Starbucks for coffee for the two of us.
Quote:
We drove to Starbucks (yes, Andy, Mark, Tim and anyone else who wants to chime in, we went AGAIN) as I can't start my day without my coffee.
Quote:
Gee, I wonder how this day started off? If you guessed going to Starbucks, you win a gold star.
You might as well just stop mentioning the Starbucks part. I mean you don't tell us the sun rose in the east every morning.

Quote:
I got no other pictures of dinner (yes, I know&bad DISer), but I did get desserts.
Ok, I could just skip the meal and go for some of those desserts. They look amazing.

Quote:
I think in all of the years we have been together, I have beaten him ONCE! He cheats at mini-golf, just like he cheats at TSM and Buzz. In mini-golf he cheats by using a little kids golf club. Seriously, you are almost 60 years old, use the right kind of golf club.
No, no, no. Clearly you haven't tried to play with a club that is way too short. That is definitely a competitive disadvantage. If anything, he's trying to let you win.

The zoo looks nice for not being great. I guess some are better than others, but it looks like they at least had a nice selection of animals there to see. Who needs a zoo though when you can see giant man eating jellyfish any time?
Old 11-30-2012, 12:27 PM   #964
WDisneyMom
DIS Veteran

Another fun update! Always love the hat pictures!! So Kathy, who has your favorite pizza here in Chicago?
Old 11-30-2012, 12:58 PM   #965
marvali
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
You might as well just stop mentioning the Starbucks part. I mean you don't tell us the sun rose in the east every morning.
Glad I wasn't when I read this!!!

AKV - since 2007 DIS Dad's Club Member #174
Me DW DS24 DS21 DS17
Link to 2011 AP Trips: Rides, Slides, Eats & Meets...It's an ANNUAL Pass after all!
Link to Dec 2010 Trip Report: Snow to 80 in 8 days–A spoonful of Holiday Cheer
Link to OKW Trip Report: OKW Trip Report
Old 12-01-2012, 07:09 AM   #966
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
Yes, Brook, I did get them all on and still have room (and there is NOTHING but Disney ornaments an two little ones for my puppy on the tree):

It looks beautiful!!!!

I LOVE your beach pictures....ah!!!! Soooo nice. I would love a little escape to the beach right about now, it's starting to get really pretty chilly here and I'm already ready for it to be over!

Quote:
We were meeting Nicki and Todd at the Sand Bar, the Marco Island sports bar. In ALL of the years that Nicki and Todd have lived in Naples and Nicki has worked on the Island, Todd had NEVER been to the Sand Bar.
Oh that stinks that his food was awful then! Hopefully he gives it another shot.

Great zoo pictures! Looks like a pretty decent zoo with the added animals.
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 12-01-2012, 06:02 PM   #967
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Now I'm caught up here too! Fun times with food, mini golf, zoos, more dining, friends... and of course the adorable dump shop headgear!! You two certainly know how to enjoy life!
Old 12-01-2012, 07:12 PM   #968
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

I am all caught up to !! Was the giraffe's name CAROL!!!?Loved the Zoo Hats !! Way to go Mark!!! That garlic bread did look good !! We have VERY good Pizza here in WNY too and also Italian food !! Hard to beat it !!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 12-01-2012, 09:34 PM   #969
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Sorry for the lack of replies. I've been sick since Sunday and trying to fight it and get rid of it before we leave in four days (I'm not counting today as it is almost over). I'm feeling better and hope to do responses tomorrow after I go for my massage and pedicure. I'll finish the TR up from work on Monday and/or Tuesday.

Thanks for hanging in there.
Old 12-01-2012, 09:37 PM   #970
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

Quote:
Sorry for the lack of replies. I've been sick since Sunday and trying to fight it and get rid of it before we leave in four days (I'm not counting today as it is almost over). I'm feeling better and hope to do responses tomorrow after I go for my massage and pedicure. I'll finish the TR up from work on Monday and/or Tuesday.

oh no Kathy...feel better! you can't be sick on your trip! get lots of rest and fluids too!

Old 12-01-2012, 10:22 PM   #971
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

I hope you feel better tomorrow. You can't be sick on your trip!

Quote:
Nicki’s salad

Salad? That looks like a few pieces of lettuce with a couple croutons thrown on for garnish.

Love your relaxing days.... I need a vacation like that someday. Maybe once my kids are out of the house. I guess I have a long time before I get to do that.
Old 12-02-2012, 05:23 AM   #972
goofy4prez
DIS Dads Club Member #484
I hate the Steelers & Ravens like a mother loves a child!!!!

Quote:

That stinks that you were not feeling well. Glad to hear you are feeling better. I guess looking at it in a positive spin is that you got sick this past week instead of in the next few days.

Achieved (6-10-12) and maintaining weight lost goal of 115 LBS.From 267 lbs to 152 lbs
Old 12-02-2012, 12:19 PM   #973
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Feel better Kathy!!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 12-02-2012, 02:13 PM   #974
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
Don't you just love the Gulf Beaches? They are truly the most beautiful I have ever seen.

Too bad Todd's pizza was bad
We used to go to Daytona Beach; it pales in comparison to the Gulf Beaches!

Todd's pizza was awful, not just bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
so happy you had some great weather to enjoy the beautiful beach! your photos of the flowers are so pretty! wow that looks like it was a big steak, desserts look yummy!
It was a stunning day; the floral is beautiful there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Awww, I love the picture of Mark and Nicki! Not that I don't love the one of you and Todd.

The beach looks absolutely beautiful and not very crowded either.
It is a good picture of them; I talked to Nicki on the phone today and when I told Mark someone was on the phone to say hello to him his face lit up...he loves his Nicki.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
I get real nervous in rain like that. If I am the one driving I just stay focused until I can get out of it and if I am NOT the one driving I just try to distract myself and not look.

If I'm not driving, I close my eyes.

Now for the updates.
A little slice of heaven to be able to hit the pool and the beach and just relax.
The food looks incredible, so hungry right now.
eveything looks great ( well except for Todd's Pizza) and my dessert would have been that Key lime pie I spied. MMMMMMM

What the HECK was Todd drinking ?!?!?!?! Looks like a beer full of pickles.
It was a perfect day for the beach and the pool and the food was outstanding. We've only had one really bad meal in all of our trips there. I was surprised Mark didn't go for the key lime pie...it's his favorite.

Todd was being a goof and pretending to drink it; yes, they give you a full mug of pickles...he was in heaven.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
For you

Kate was in the chair to the left...she wouldn't partake in the pic, WAY to happy with her cookie and the view
They are absolutely adorable; and Kate is a smart girl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
You mean there is worse pizza than Domino's? Is that possible?

OK - I am pictureless, but just chiming in that you San Marco days sound wonderful and I can't wait to see your beach pictures. I love how September is just so dead everywhere. Nothing like having a whole pool to yourself!
Yes, there is worse pizza that Domino's and Little Ceasars and we found it.

September is the perfect month and I'm kind of regretting that we can't do September next year.
Old 12-02-2012, 02:22 PM   #975
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvali View Post
I see you've been hanging around Pat too much..........going for your own Tumble Monkey!!!

Hey, Pat wouldn't share, so I had to find my own Tumble Monkey.

I sincerely hope she had already eaten some.......

Nope that was the size of salad and she shared it with Todd.

Hey, you can't go wrong with dessert pictures! I see about, uh, six things that look really good there...........

I have to learn to NOT order those desserts or I'll never get in a dress for the wedding.

Okay, so where are the pictures of the "borrowed" couple and the "blue" couple???

Good one, Marv.

Great pictures of everyone! You guys always look like you're having the greatest of times when you are all together! Maybe one day I can join in and ruin it for you...........

We do have the best of times when we are together. Rather having known each other only four years, you'd think we grew up together. Well, not quite since Mark is 20 years older than Nicki, but you know what I mean.

Oh wait, would that be a Starbucks cup I see? When did you start going THERE????

Hey, I needed a pick-me-up so that I could go watch the fish with Mark.

Appropriate.....................

after all that food that is how fast I would have been moving!!!

And that's why I needed my coffee.

Like anyone around here would pile on..................

You would be the leader of that group!

Oh great........how did you EVER find a spot to claim as your own.......???

It was really hard fighting off the mine mine birds for our spot.

Somehow I'm guessing she will have a Disney themed Christmas tree one day too!!!

Trust me...if I have anything to do with it, she will.

Nothing better than having your own "fairly" private ocean and pool in the same day!!!

It was perfect.

Some great pictures of the local vegetation!

Thank you.

I see the family resemblance..........

Not much of a resemblance, but unconditional love.

Happy to help wherever I can...........

Thank you, friend

Well, I don't know about Starbucks, but I can usually get my fill of crab legs......
It would be a toss up for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Okay, so I'm caught up! The Stepsisters look like a riot. I've seen them in several TRs, but haven't had the pleasure to meet them in person. They seem like the best characters in all of DisneyWorld. (Sorry Big Guy. ) Plus, you had the Fairy Godmother, dinner at the Plaza, the departing balloon tribute , Nicki and Todd, and lots and lots of coffee (and a couple of resulting bathroom breaks). And I think I saw that you're planning on posting 2 or 3 more updates in the next couple of days!
Glenn, we had so much fun with the Stepsisters and hope to see them again. It was a perfect last day at the MK. Yes, I posted four more and hope to finish it up at work tomorrow.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: