Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2012, 12:28 PM   #31
rachaelk101
Earning My Ears

Just joining in here! I'm loving your pics so far, your colors and inspiration pictures are really nice! I'm having my wedding just two months before you, so I'm looking forward to following your posts to see how the planning comes along!
Old 12-11-2012, 05:26 PM   #32
charliegirl76
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleKittyMarie View Post
The wedding binder is a great idea, and pretty fun to put together. I found this link online a few months ago when I decided I wanted to make a binder for myself and it really helped make everything feel all organized (http://justlovelykatherine.blogspot....r-wedding.html).

The room block is a... hmm... special process. We went with blocking rooms for the people we knew were coming and made our best guess for which hotels they were going to stay in, aside from parents/bridal party who we outright demanded an answer from, haha! For us, this did end up being more than the minimum we needed. That probably doesn't really help that much, but it feels like the room block is just one of those unfortunate hurdles you have to get over in order to really get down to wedding business.
Thank you for the link! That is a great help. I didn't have a chance to do anything this weekend. I got sick and had to leave work on Friday and was out for the rest of the weekend. I just got back to work today. I even missed two Christmas parties. But I will get it done this weekend for sure!

As for the room block, we did basically the same thing. I got an email from Diane saying she'd gotten the room block and other information and that we should recieve our LOA in 10-14 days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachaelk101 View Post
Just joining in here! I'm loving your pics so far, your colors and inspiration pictures are really nice! I'm having my wedding just two months before you, so I'm looking forward to following your posts to see how the planning comes along!
Thank you and welcome!! I'm really excited about the color palette. Just trying to keep it from looking too much like a child's party. LOL
Register to remove

Old 12-12-2012, 09:42 AM   #33
disneyamy4
Mouseketeer

hey! just jumping on your planning journal!
all your plans look great and your engagement pictures are beautiful! you are a stunning couple!

looking forward to hearing more of your plans!
Old 12-12-2012, 05:52 PM   #34
charliegirl76
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyamy4 View Post
hey! just jumping on your planning journal!
all your plans look great and your engagement pictures are beautiful! you are a stunning couple!

looking forward to hearing more of your plans!
Thank you so much, what a sweet thing to say!

So, we ordered Save the Dates, BUT the proofs haven't been approved and now I'm rethinking them because of the size. I measured and cut out a piece of paper to see what they would look like and they're SO small! I know, I should have done that before placing the order, but I thought it would be ok. Now I'm thinking I may want to change to something bigger...just not sure how DF will feel about it. If he says to stick with the smaller ones, then I guess we will....it's not the end of the world (I mean, at least it's not the invitations, right?!).
Old 12-19-2012, 06:27 PM   #35
Summer Daydream
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliegirl76

Thank you so much, what a sweet thing to say!

So, we ordered Save the Dates, BUT the proofs haven't been approved and now I'm rethinking them because of the size. I measured and cut out a piece of paper to see what they would look like and they're SO small! I know, I should have done that before placing the order, but I thought it would be ok. Now I'm thinking I may want to change to something bigger...just not sure how DF will feel about it. If he says to stick with the smaller ones, then I guess we will....it's not the end of the world (I mean, at least it's not the invitations, right?!).
I don't think it's too big of a deal...like you said, it's not the invitations. If we did a save the date we were going to go with a small magnet, nothing too big. Can't wait to see them
Old 12-19-2012, 10:08 PM   #36
Ltl Mermaid
Spreading Disney Magic with the push of a button

LOVE the ephotos!! Gorgeous setting-plus I love your dress and heels!!! Congrats on getting your date....Can't wait to hear more!
Old 12-20-2012, 04:46 AM   #37
bradleyjess
Mouseketeer

Just joining! I love your engagement story-- it reminds me of mine lol I was sick, lying on the couch eating ice cream when my fiancé proposed! I was a little disappointed that I looked like crap at first, but now I think it's sweet

Love your engagement photos!

My resort history: BoardWalk Villas, Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo and Kidani, Saratoga Springs, Port Orleans Riverside, WDW Dolphin, Yacht Club, Contemporary and Coronado Springs.
bradleyjess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:00 PM   #38
charliegirl76
Mouseketeer

Hi Ladies!!

Hope you all had a wonderful holiday! Today is the anniversary of Shane and I becoming a couple. He is taking me somewhere, all I know is that it will be outside and we will be taking pictures (behind the camera, not in front of it, thank goodness!) and then to dinner.

Anyway, I have a small update, we sent in the LOA, deposit and room block. We have already been assigned a planner....Jamie, and today we got the planning kit and all the other stuff that came in the email. We will be working on the kit for many days, I'm sure.

I have heard from Lisa who has custom designed a crystal transfer for me. She will be putting the transfer on hoodies for myself and my MsOH. I am super excited about this! I already can't wait to give them to the girls.

Everything seems to be moving along. I was looking at the menu lists they emailed and, whoa, there are a lot of options. But also, I didn't see some of the stuff that some of you have talked about, like the Parmesan crusted chicken breast. We are doing a plated meal, duel plate. I was thinking chicken and beef, with exception of two vegetarian meals for DF's parents. And the appetizers....yeah, I don't know...it all looks so fancy.

Well, anyway, I'm off to see what the DF has in store for me tonight! Opinions on the food are welcome! Please, let me know your experiences with the menus....
Old 01-04-2013, 09:12 PM   #39
tinydancr06
Mouseketeer

Hi! Just letting you know I'll be following along. I loooove all of your plans so far! Your engagement photos were really beautiful and what an awesome location! I love your multi-color palette and you definitely seem to have the good taste you need to pull it off! I'm excited to see the rest of your plans!

Check Out My Planning Journal!!!

tinydancr06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:13 PM   #40
tinydancr06
Mouseketeer

Oh, and have fun doing your secrety thing tonight!

Check Out My Planning Journal!!!

tinydancr06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:49 AM   #41
tashka87
Mouseketeer

Just caught up with your PJ... You Engagement photos are so romantic.. I absolutely love the Carriage shot!
Old 01-16-2013, 12:22 PM   #42
Summer Daydream
Mouseketeer

Hope you had fun on your secret date! Where did you guys go?
Old 01-17-2013, 05:36 PM   #43
charliegirl76
Mouseketeer

Hi everyone! Whew! I finally caught up with everyone's PJs!! I tell you, the holidays really got me behind. I will be updating with wedding stuff a little later tonight. But since I was on right now, and I was commenting on other PJs, I figured I'd respond to some of the comments on mine too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltl Mermaid View Post
LOVE the ephotos!! Gorgeous setting-plus I love your dress and heels!!! Congrats on getting your date....Can't wait to hear more!
Thank you! We went to the Dallas Arboretum earlier in the year and they had the Chihuly glass exhibit up. After DF proposed, we knew we had to take our photos there! I love Chihuly glass, it's so beautiful! That's one of my favorite dresses and, even though it can register "Americana" or "Nautical", I love pairing the red shoes and cardigan with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleyjess View Post
Just joining! I love your engagement story-- it reminds me of mine lol I was sick, lying on the couch eating ice cream when my fiancé proposed! I was a little disappointed that I looked like crap at first, but now I think it's sweet

Love your engagement photos!
Thank you! Ya know, at first I was a little embarassed that I was in my PJs, but now I think it's just a funny little thing that is very telling of who I am, and it makes for a tad bit more interesting story....makes it ours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinydancr06 View Post
Hi! Just letting you know I'll be following along. I loooove all of your plans so far! Your engagement photos were really beautiful and what an awesome location! I love your multi-color palette and you definitely seem to have the good taste you need to pull it off! I'm excited to see the rest of your plans!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinydancr06 View Post
Oh, and have fun doing your secrety thing tonight!
Thank you! I'm really looking forward to our planning session and getting to have fun with all the color. When it came right down to it, I just couldn't pick one color....I had to have them all! Another telling aspect of my personality. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by tashka87 View Post
Just caught up with your PJ... You Engagement photos are so romantic.. I absolutely love the Carriage shot!
The carriage shot was an m.u.s.t. We had a very small window of opportunity to get our photos taken while the Chihuly glass exhibit and the Fall Pumpkin and Gourd Festival were both there....or we thought we only had a small window. They ended up keeping the Chihuly exhibit for several more weeks. Had I known, I would have waited for a cooler day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Daydream View Post
Hope you had fun on your secret date! Where did you guys go?
We did!! DF took me to the Chinese Lantern Festival. It was amazing! I posted several pictures on my Facebook page (if you'd like to look me up, feel free, just search my first name), but I will post a few of my favorites here too.
Old 01-17-2013, 08:07 PM   #44
ShanaMouse
Mouseketeer

Ugh, I feel like I havent been on the dis in a while and totally out of touch with PJs!
Anywho, I am so glad you got some save the dates and, honestly, i wouldnt worry about the size too much. I would say to redo them if you didnt like the size if it were the actual invite!
Also, i am glad you got you date and were assigned a planner now. That means that time will start flying now because you have to make some concrete decisions

cant wait to read more!
Happy planning!
ShanaMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:10 PM   #45
charliegirl76
Mouseketeer

Ok, I'm back to do a wedding update and post some pictures from the Chinese Lantern Festival.

First up, wedding stuff.... Ok, well, we're still working on the planning kit, so no news there.

I cancelled the first order for the Save the Dates and ordered from a different company altogether. I just couldn't stand all the older people in my family trying to read the tiny little print on a small magnet. So, I found some that were bigger. I was slightly worried because when I was personalizing them the pictures looked blurry. I emailed customer support and was assured they would come out crisp.

Well, we got them yesterday!! Which was a surprise considering I just ordered them (less than 2 weeks). Soooo, here they are.....

I also bought labels with our address on them, so I don't have to hand write them. FSIL is creating custom address labels, my design, AND she's going to type in all the addresses for me! All I have to do is print them and stick them on!! How did I get so lucky!?!

I have ordered the custom hoodies for my MsOH. I heard from Lisa today, she brought my hoodie design to life. She is a vendor on Etsy, here is a link to her shop......http://www.etsy.com/shop/Lisascrysta...ef=seller_info She does fabulous work! I'll post a picture of the hoodies when I get them, she said sometime next week!!

I will also be ordering personalized hangers for them, probably at the end of the month.

Oh! The big news is we scheduled our Planning Session! We're going to do things a little differently than most. This will be DF's first time to go, not just to WDW, but to the east coast entirely. He is so cute and wants to wait until after our wedding to actually go to the parks. So, we will fly in early, drive to the beach, probably Cocoa Beach. DF must put at least his toe in the ocean and since he's never been to the east coast, well....and then to the NASA Space Museum. We'll drive to WDW and stay for one night.

We'll have the planning session the morning of May 24th and then we will drive back to Orlando, check into another hotel, and then we're off to Universal Studios. That is where we will spend the rest of the weekend. We'll fly back on Monday, Memorial Day. I'm really excited!!

I think that's pretty much all for now....Oh, I do have one more update. I'm not sure if I mentioned this before, but I'm two classes away from my Bachelor's degree in Fashion Merchandising. Well, I signed up for Accounting 2, class starts on Monday! Hopefully, I'll pass with at least a C this time around. My next goal, after I complete this degree, will be to look into a second Bachelor's in Art History. I just love it!

Up next, pictures of the Chinese Lantern Festival.

This dragon is over 300ft, and is made from 15,000 dishes, all tied together by hand:

Close up of the dragon so you can see the dishes:

Well, the camera battery died after that....but, like I said, there are more on my Facebook page. So, that's it! Hope you all enjoy!

Last edited by charliegirl76; 04-10-2013 at 12:48 PM. Reason: Fixing photo links....may have used different photos. LOL
charliegirl76 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: