Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reservations
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2012, 12:12 PM   #1
Sprocks
Earning My Ears

Thanksgiving Day: WWYD?

Need to firm up our itinerary for thanksgiving week. WWYD? We are spending the morning of T-giving at Epcot. From there which of these dining options would you pick: A) Beirgarten @1:50pm--they have a holiday buffet, B) Crystal Palace @ 3:20 (take monorail to MK) or C) Flying Fish cafe @ 7pm. Kids are 6 and 9, staying at WL.
Old 10-02-2012, 12:22 PM   #2
kaismommie
Mommy of 2 Toddlers

Me and the family are spending the day at MK, with dinner reservations at Be Our Guest

Mommy to Kai (DS6) and Mimi (DD4)

Thanksgiving at Disney! November 21-25, 2012. (AOA: Little Mermaid)
Disney Cruise on the Dream for April 29-May 3, 2012 2012
Disney for Mimi's 3rd Bday, May 10-14, 2011 (Caribbean Beach Resort)
DISNEY Christmas!! December 12-17, 2010. (All Star Movie Resort)
FIRST On-site say June28-July2, 2010 (All Star Movie Resort)
Prior to the dates above, I lost count
kaismommie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-02-2012, 12:33 PM   #3
Sprocks
Earning My Ears

Wow! That is my dream reservation. Enjoy
Old 10-02-2012, 12:51 PM   #4
HFred
Earning My Ears

I think it depends on when you would normally eat your "Thanksgiving" dinner at home and how traditional you want to be! If you are mid-afternoon eaters that day, the buffet could be more like the traditional time at home and then you could go back to your resort for a nap! If you typically eat in the evening, then take the later reservation! We will be at Epcot Thanksgiving morning as well (our check-in day). We are doing Hoop-de-Doo for dinner. We wanted a very different experience than we would normally get at home! I don't think you can go wrong being at Disney though!
HFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:22 PM   #5
ktlm
DIS Veteran

I'd pick Biergarten since you are planning on being at Epcot anyway. It is so festive and fun. We are big fans of it in general. Plus, you could have a glass of wine or a beer (my DH) with your Thanksgiving meal- where at CP that would not be an option. Also, being a 1:50 lunch, it will give you plenty of time to knock out a bunch of things before lunch.
ktlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:36 PM   #6
Joan S.
DIS Veteran
Needs to 'fess up to DH about the next WDW trip!

Hi, If you think your kids would be okay with a 7pm dinner reservation at Flying Fish I say go for that . You could spend your morning at Epcot. Possibly find some turkey sandwiches for lunch Chill out at the pool or DTD for the afternoon. Then dress up for a nice HOLIDAY dinner at the FF. The BW also has some nice performers out at night! Joan
Old 10-03-2012, 12:16 PM   #7
tinkerhon
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaismommie View Post
Me and the family are spending the day at MK, with dinner reservations at Be Our Guest
We are doing the same !!!!

tinkerhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:09 AM   #8
crabbygal902
after a lapu lapu, I'm not so crabby anymore

I would pick C. Flying Fish seems to be the less stressful choice after which will no doubt be a very crowded park day.

1. At FF, a server will bring you your dinner so you don't have to deal with the crowds at the buffet.
2. You won't have to get up and down out of your seat a billion times to help the kids get their food, which never seems to coordinate with your plate being empty or anyone else's at the table for that matter!
3. A quieter setting like FF is going to be more relaxing after all of the stimulation of constant entertainment all day long.
4. Because there isn't any entertainment or any characters at the meal, you would have time to enjoy your family and talk about your day.
5. Renting a surrey bike or strolling the Boardwalk could be a lovely end to your day.

I haven't been to FF yet, but I've been to the other 2. I like them very much, but I am guessing that the food quality at FF is superior.

Having said all that, I should tell you that I will be at WDW for Thanksgiving this year, too. We are going to...the Hollywood Brown Derby for the Fantasmic Package. I know, I know. I'm sure it is going to be wall-to-wall people at DHS that day, but it is a personal mission of mine to see Fantasmic after many failed attempts.

We were at WDW for Thanksgiving 2 years ago and had dinner at Teppan Edo and had a blast. I'm sure you'll have a great time no matter what you choose.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:17 PM   #9
kaismommie
Mommy of 2 Toddlers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprocks View Post
Need to firm up our itinerary for thanksgiving week. WWYD? We are spending the morning of T-giving at Epcot. From there which of these dining options would you pick: A) Beirgarten @1:50pm--they have a holiday buffet, B) Crystal Palace @ 3:20 (take monorail to MK) or C) Flying Fish cafe @ 7pm. Kids are 6 and 9, staying at WL.
Totally forgot to actually respond to the question. Oh me! I've never been to Beirgarten, but the fact that they would be providing a holiday buffet sounds like a great place to enjoy a nice Thanksgiving dinner!

Mommy to Kai (DS6) and Mimi (DD4)

Thanksgiving at Disney! November 21-25, 2012. (AOA: Little Mermaid)
Disney Cruise on the Dream for April 29-May 3, 2012 2012
Disney for Mimi's 3rd Bday, May 10-14, 2011 (Caribbean Beach Resort)
DISNEY Christmas!! December 12-17, 2010. (All Star Movie Resort)
FIRST On-site say June28-July2, 2010 (All Star Movie Resort)
Prior to the dates above, I lost count
kaismommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:40 PM   #10
XGrumpy1
DIS Veteran

A) you are already there! Keep it simple, it will be a crazy day as it is.
XGrumpy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 02:42 PM   #11
ex007
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by XGrumpy1 View Post
A) you are already there! Keep it simple, it will be a crazy day as it is.
Agree with this. Disclosure: Having lived in Germany for four years, I love Biergarten - and I don't even drink! So, the fact that they are doing a Thanksgiving buffet and you can still probably get the pretzel rolls, make this an easy choice. Love CP, but MK will be crazy. And a 7pm ADR doesn't mean you will actually be seated at that time; it may well be after 8 before you are seated if tables aren't available. I just think that's too late for dinner with kids.
ex007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 02:45 PM   #12
snarfblatt
Mouseketeer

All 12 of us will be at Biergarten, so stinkin excited!!
WE LOVE to eat (& drink) there!!!

DS (9) DS (6) Dh ME
2000- All Star Music
2005- Sheraton Vistana
2010- Sheraton Vistana
2012- PORFQ
snarfblatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 03:01 PM   #13
Rafikifan
DIS Veteran

A or C. Mk is crazy crowded on Thanksgiving Day. We did eat lunch at Liberty Tree on T-giving 2 years ago but we left right after we ate.
Rafikifan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:49 PM   #14
Pumbaa7287
I am the great Stone Dragon!
You may ask why someone would want to inflict that kind of pain on themselves

We will be there with our family and another and are doing Biergarten! Eaten there about 10 times now and LOVE LOVE LOVE it everytime. The entertainment and food are incredible there.

Kungaloosh!

Oh the places you'll go:
Animal Kingdom Lodge, Beach Club, Old Key West, Wilderness Lodge, Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs, Port Orleans Resort, Saratoga Springs, All-Star Movies, Pop Century

And miles to go before I sleep:
Boardwalk Inn, Contemporary, Grand Floridian, Polynesian, Yacht Club, All-Star Music, All-Star Sports, Art of Animation

10 down, 8 to go!
Pumbaa7287 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: