Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reservations
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2013, 03:01 PM   #796
Missy13d69
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarsh View Post
The last few months they have opened about 30 days before. April will not open until March 1 or so
With the ways things have been going, I think all bets are off when it comes to trying to make a guess as to when it will open. It does seem like Disney is trying to create some kind of a system involving the dessert party opening for ADRS, but right now we can only speculate and shouldn't say anything definitive. It may cause someone who hasn't been following along to think something that isn't fact and could cause them to miss the opening.

Old 02-14-2013, 03:12 PM   #797
BurleyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorjus121 View Post
Since these reservations are prepaid, are they refundable in case we needed to cancel? Thanks
From what I've read, there is a 24-hour cancellation provision, but no refund if fireworks are cancelled due to inclement weather...

We've got it reserved for our last night there, 3/16, which being a Saturday, I'm thinking is pretty smart to have the Dessert Party booked! However, we may change our minds on spending the $90 (three of us, peak season!) if we're able to see Wishes in a decent spot one of the other four nights we're in the parks...I mean, $90 is a lot of money for dessert! But, I'm glad to know we'll have a 24-hour window to change our minds...
DLH October '05 for the 50th!
YC December '06--First WDW Christmas!
GF October '08
YC November '14: making up for '13 cancelled trip
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-14-2013, 05:18 PM   #798
BurleyGirl
DIS Veteran

OK, all you smarter-than-the-average-(Disney)bears out there...here's a new one (for me)...this will be our first Spring Break (always gone in slower October)...my plan for my Dessert Party night was to Park Hop throughout the day because MK is definitely a suggested park for that day (Sat, 16th) knowing that I had seats reserved for me for the coveted Wishes...however, some of the crowd calendars are showing "10" on this day (16th). I've read that when it's that crowded, it can sometimes be "shut down" for admittance...would that mean we could not get back into MK (even if we have this Dessert Party reservation)?
GF October '08
Old 02-14-2013, 05:19 PM   #799
BurleyGirl
DIS Veteran

Oops, meant to say NOT a suggested park for that day...
GF October '08
Old 02-14-2013, 05:35 PM   #800
rt2dz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurleyGirl View Post
OK, all you smarter-than-the-average-(Disney)bears out there...here's a new one (for me)...this will be our first Spring Break (always gone in slower October)...my plan for my Dessert Party night was to Park Hop throughout the day because MK is definitely a [not] suggested park for that day (Sat, 16th) knowing that I had seats reserved for me for the coveted Wishes...however, some of the crowd calendars are showing "10" on this day (16th). I've read that when it's that crowded, it can sometimes be "shut down" for admittance...would that mean we could not get back into MK (even if we have this Dessert Party reservation)?
IF it were to get that crowded, yes this is true. However, most of the days it has gotten that crowded have been around major Holidays--July 4, New Years, Christmas, maybe Easter. It doesn't mean it isn't miserably crowded before it gets that far, because it can be--and long before it gets to that point.

My best guest is you'll be fine to get in for the party.
Old 02-14-2013, 05:47 PM   #801
WMorganS
Flapping My Ears

You should be fine. I was at MK last Thanksgiving and with the new capacity they didn't need to shut the gates. But even if they do reach capacity, they'll reopen in the late afternoon once they crowd dies down enough.
Old 02-14-2013, 05:51 PM   #802
Missy13d69
DIS Veteran

Quote:
OK, all you smarter-than-the-average-(Disney)bears out there...here's a new one (for me)...this will be our first Spring Break (always gone in slower October)...my plan for my Dessert Party night was to Park Hop throughout the day because MK is definitely a suggested park for that day (Sat, 16th) knowing that I had seats reserved for me for the coveted Wishes...however, some of the crowd calendars are showing "10" on this day (16th). I've read that when it's that crowded, it can sometimes be "shut down" for admittance...would that mean we could not get back into MK (even if we have this Dessert Party reservation)?
I can't imagine that they would refuse you entrance when you have already paid for the party...This is a very interesting question though. I would like to know what the "official" Disney answer to that would be.

Old 02-14-2013, 05:59 PM   #803
rt2dz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy13d69 View Post
I can't imagine that they would refuse you entrance when you have already paid for the party...This is a very interesting question though. I would like to know what the "official" Disney answer to that would be.
The "official" Disney answer is that when they reach capacity, they reach capacity. It is not up to them, but the FL state laws and the fire marshall. Disney official states it is best to arrive early and stay in the park.
Old 02-14-2013, 06:16 PM   #804
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
From what I've read, there is a 24-hour cancellation provision, but no refund if fireworks are cancelled due to inclement weather...

We've got it reserved for our last night there, 3/16, which being a Saturday, I'm thinking is pretty smart to have the Dessert Party booked! However, we may change our minds on spending the $90 (three of us, peak season!) if we're able to see Wishes in a decent spot one of the other four nights we're in the parks...I mean, $90 is a lot of money for dessert! But, I'm glad to know we'll have a 24-hour window to change our minds...
When we last did the party in June of last year we were literally there during a tropical storm. We asked a CM about them canceling the fireworks, and she said that the fireworks have NEVER been canceled in all the years that the MK has been running them! Granted, you can't always take the word of every CM as fact, but I thought that was pretty awesome, and good news that you don't have to worry about them being canceled.

Tinkerbell, on the other hand, doesn't fly if there's even a little bit too much wind, so prepare any little ones (or big ones )who are really looking forward to that. When we went on July 3, 2009, there was a mom beside us who was PUMPING up her little one for Tinkerbell (who doesn't fly during the July 4th shows, but she didn't know that.) I caught mom at the dessert table and filled her in so she could tone it down a little bit
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
Old 02-15-2013, 04:56 AM   #805
StrwLady
Why did I buy that van?! Now I can't afford a Disney trip!!!

Location: Born and Raised In New Orleans but now lives In Dallas, TX

Quote:
however, some of the crowd calendars are showing "10" on this day (16th). I've read that when it's that crowded, it can sometimes be "shut down" for admittance...would that mean we could not get back into MK (even if we have this Dessert Party reservation)?
We live about an hour from you so we have the same Spring Break. Although it has been a few years since we have gone during spring break, I have never experienced the park being closed to capacity. The one good thing is the DFW area spring break is the 2nd week of March and it is really the start of spring break time. As I understand it as March goes on the more crowded Disney gets culminating Easter week.

We have been on spring breaks that fell the 2nd week and the 3rd week of March. I think we will see moderate crowds that will get heavier as the week progresses. Even with that I am not worried at all that we will see capacity. (maybe just the optimist in me talking but that has been my past experience)

BTW if you see a gal with mid length strawberry blond hair purpleish pink highlights on the right side of her head, wearing glasses and on a scooter (osteoarthritis in both knees) then tell me HI I promise not to run you over.
2/78 Lake Buena Vista Best Western ~ 2/97 All Star Music ~ 3/00 Hawthorn Suites ~ 9/00 All Star Music ~ 3/01 ~ All Star Movies ~ 5/01 Polynesian ~ 10/01 Polynesian ~ 2/02 Contemporary ~ 12/02 Boardwalk Inn ~ 5/03 Contemporary Tower ~ 10/03 Boardwalk Inn ~ 3/04 Contemporary Tower ~ 10/04 Polynesian ~3/05 Wilderness lodge ~ 4/05 Beach Club ~ 9/05 Beach Club ~ 12/05 Beach Club ~ 3/06 DisneyLand Grand Californian ~ 6/06 All Star Music-Contemporary-Beach Club ~ 9/06 Polynesian ~ 12/06 Wilderness Lodge ~ 3/07 Disneyland Hotel ~ 6/07 All Star Sports ~ 8/07 Saratoga Springs/Pop Century ~ 9/07 Beach Club ~ 5/08 Wilderness Lodge ~ 3/09 Pop Century ~ 8/09 Contemporary ~ 7/10 Swan-Pop Century ~ 7/11 Pop Century ~ 6/12 Pop Century ~ 3/13 Pop Century ~ 8/13 Pop Century

Coming soon...
2 weeks in the World! Pop Century 6/14

Old 02-16-2013, 07:43 AM   #806
djmahurin
Earning My Ears

Dumb Question

I am new to the DISboards...can I follow one specific thread? I want to follow the one for openings on the Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party. We are going in Oct. 2013 and I would really love to get reservations here. This is something my family has not done. Thanks!
Old 02-16-2013, 07:45 AM   #807
rt2dz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmahurin View Post
I am new to the DISboards...can I follow one specific thread? I want to follow the one for openings on the Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party. We are going in Oct. 2013 and I would really love to get reservations here. This is something my family has not done. Thanks!

Go up to the top of the posts, click on "thread tools" and then click "subscribe". Set up as you like.
Old 02-16-2013, 11:02 AM   #808
MADnNOLA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmahurin View Post

By making this post, you are now subscribed to this thread!
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails." - Samuel L. Clemens

Old 02-18-2013, 07:05 AM   #809
junebug
Mouseketeer

Patiently waiting for April to open up!
Old 02-18-2013, 07:44 AM   #810
jlundeen
Mickey Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by junebug View Post
Patiently waiting for April to open up!
me too, only I'm not so patient!

I know that by watching this list I'll get the dates I want...I just want to be able to DO IT...

We have a conflicting BOG reservation that I'm hanging on to, until I know for sure I get our Dessert Party reservation....and I'm also holding out hope that I can snag a BOG cancellation some other time during our trip....but if not, I guess we'll have to settle for standing in the line to get a lunch there.

sigh

This has turned into an obsession for me...several times a day, I check this, check the cancelation forum for April, check the Dis reservation site for the TTFDP opening as well as a cancelation for BOG...

but all other plans and reservations are made, so once we get this we'll be good to go.

Tags
adr, dessert, party, tommorland, wishes

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: