Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reservations
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2012, 05:17 AM   #151
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

I have read numerous times that tables are assigned based on when you book the earlier booked ADR the closer up is your table. We attended for the first time on Nov 29th and I did book online shortly after bookings became available. We were in the first row with a dead on center view of the castle. The first row consisted of 4 tables each with a party of 2.

I do have to say the crowd was amazing as they did get up to stand at the rail but did so off to the side so we were able to sit to watch Holiday Wishes!

I only had 2 chocolate strawberries and an ice tea and DH had one chocolate strawberry and a coffee but the cost of the party was totally worth it for the seats and view alone.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 12-07-2012, 10:28 AM   #152
gracer9977
Happiness is Disney

We are not going till Jan 2014 but I wanted to remember this thread. Really hoping to get a reservation for this when we go.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-07-2012, 11:36 AM   #153
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
I have read numerous times that tables are assigned based on when you book the earlier booked ADR the closer up is your table. We attended for the first time on Nov 29th and I did book online shortly after bookings became available. We were in the first row with a dead on center view of the castle. The first row consisted of 4 tables each with a party of 2.

I do have to say the crowd was amazing as they did get up to stand at the rail but did so off to the side so we were able to sit to watch Holiday Wishes!

I only had 2 chocolate strawberries and an ice tea and DH had one chocolate strawberry and a coffee but the cost of the party was totally worth it for the seats and view alone.
I had a similar experience when we went in April 2012. I remember being nervous because I actually didn't get to book until noon and it opened in the morning. But I was so excited when I saw our table! Isn't it nice when the planning actually works? Part of it I think though, is a perk of only being a party of 2!
Old 12-07-2012, 11:31 PM   #154
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post

So glad you enjoyed the party. I've always liked it .... Janet, Jungle Cruiser and I will be doing it in January. I'm always so happy with the way the crowd behaves ... no pushing to get the best spot at the rail. Side note ... we're missing you on the RC thread.
Old 12-09-2012, 02:22 AM   #155
Hunclemarco
DIS Veteran

January 1979 Offsite; January 1992 POR; March 1999Honeymoon ; May 2002 CBR; May 2008 Offsite; November 2008 CBR March 2009 DVC SSR, BCV; August 2009 DVC AKV,BCV; December 2009 DVC SSR; February 2010 DVC BCV; November 2010 DVC BWV; May 2011 POP; March 2012 DCL Dream and POP; May 2012 POP; April 2013 DVC BCV; November 2013 CSR; Yacht Club, DCL Dream and BWV May 2014
Old 12-10-2012, 09:07 AM   #156
jendujka
Earning My Ears

It drives me crazy when I'm obsessively stalking the website for TTFDP reservations to open and the site is down for maintenance. Am I alone in my crazy frustration?

I was convinced that they were going to open February last Friday because last year the opened it on the 1st Friday in December. I should know better than to think that there is ANY method to the madness!
August 2013, POR - Royal Rooms
April 2013, AKV Jambo
February 2013, AKV Jambo
October 2012, AoA LM - Fantasyland Dress Rehearsal!
May 2012, Off-property - Disney trip with girlfriends
December 2011, POFQ - First family vacation to Disney!
Old 12-10-2012, 02:31 PM   #157
MetryMomma
Earning My Ears

Does anyone know when they finally do release a new month (I am waiting for February to open up) do they do it at a certain time of the day or can it happen anytime? I check up to 20 times a day everyday hoping I can get a res for when we go in February
Old 12-10-2012, 03:11 PM   #158
jendujka
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetryMomma View Post
Does anyone know when they finally do release a new month (I am waiting for February to open up) do they do it at a certain time of the day or can it happen anytime? I check up to 20 times a day everyday hoping I can get a res for when we go in February
Unfortunately, it looks like they can and do open it at different times of the day. Could be AM or in the mid-afternoon sometime. The first post in this link shows the history of when the months have opened, and then if you scroll down, it also shows the actual time of day for the first time someone posted about it being open. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2699362

One of them was even opened on the Sunday of Labor Day weekend.

I know that I checked SEVERAL times a day (probably 100 times or so) for October to open, and it didn't actually open until late afternoon. It's SUCH a hassle!
April 2013, AKV Jambo
February 2013, AKV Jambo
Old 12-11-2012, 05:02 PM   #159
PixieNette
Earning My Ears

We are staying 1/3 through 1/8 and I have called but have been unable to book this. Since it's prepaid, is there a chance someone might cancel? Should I constantly be calling to check? or is it a waste of time?
Old 12-11-2012, 06:57 PM   #160
suzzzze
Earning My Ears

Did you try to book on the Disney site? I just looked for a ressie for Jan 7 for 4 people and it was available.
Old 12-11-2012, 09:01 PM   #161
quietgirll
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzzzze
Did you try to book on the Disney site? I just looked for a ressie for Jan 7 for 4 people and it was available.
Strange- I've been trying to book that time frame for the last week- 2 people aren't available, but 4 is?? I've seen that issue in regular dining ressies before, but I wasn't expecting it with this....is there any way around that??
Old 12-12-2012, 10:08 AM   #162
librarygeek
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietgirll View Post
Strange- I've been trying to book that time frame for the last week- 2 people aren't available, but 4 is?? I've seen that issue in regular dining ressies before, but I wasn't expecting it with this....is there any way around that??
For some reason it seems to happen a lot for the dessert party. One solution I've heard is to book for three people (add a child under 3 because I believe they're free), and then you can just call up to remove the third "Phantom baby."
Old 12-12-2012, 10:20 AM   #163
danimaroo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by librarygeek View Post
For some reason it seems to happen a lot for the dessert party. One solution I've heard is to book for three people (add a child under 3 because I believe they're free), and then you can just call up to remove the third "Phantom baby."
This is very good advice! I just now went to see on the night that we booked ours (January 23rd), and for 2 people it says no availability, but then you try for 3 and suddenly there's availability. Oh this online system just never seems to work right.. you can always call though!

What's kind of hilarious is that out of all the reservations I made for our trip (somehwere around 12-13 total), THIS was the only one I was able to book online!
Old 12-12-2012, 04:59 PM   #164
PrinceAdam
Earning My Ears

Where would I go on the Disney website to book an ADR for this. Not going until April but I want to be prepared to pounce.
Old 12-12-2012, 05:03 PM   #165
jendujka
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceAdam View Post
Where would I go on the Disney website to book an ADR for this. Not going until April but I want to be prepared to pounce.
I just go to the Disney World site and type into the search: Tomorrowland Terrace Fireworks Dessert

The party is the first thing thy pops up!
April 2013, AKV Jambo
February 2013, AKV Jambo
Closed Thread

Tags
adr, dessert, party, tommorland, wishes

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: