Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2013, 03:02 PM   #781
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
You're welcome! That's such fantastic news. Im elated for your family.
Thank you!! It is a huge weight off of our shoulders. After first being told it was definitely cancer or pre cancer to now find out that it is negative is huge.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 04:19 PM   #782
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
Scotty is CANCER FREE!!!!
This is *A*W*E*S*O*M*E* news!
Alison ~~~~ Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Our Disney Dream Home| Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!
franandaj is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-04-2013, 05:46 PM   #783
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
This is *A*W*E*S*O*M*E* news!

Thank you!!
Old 02-05-2013, 03:52 AM   #784
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Quote:
Scotty is CANCER FREE!!!!
Congratulations! So happy for you. You and Scotty must be so relieved.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:05 AM   #785
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Just wanted to check in.....my emotions are all over the place.....today we're putting down our sweet Riley He's been such a wonderful part of the family. It feels like my heart is on the outside of my body. My eyes are so red from crying. Just sitting here with him in my lap until its time to go, giving him lots of last puppy kisses.

I'm also planning the Disney Cruise for Joshua's bar mitzvah gift, just he and I. Got the okay from DH last night. Girls aren't thrilled but they understand. It'll be next January. I want to pet my puppy, read trip reports, and cry.

Bittersweet day for sure.
Not too shabby for a consolation prize: a Dec 2013 Disneyland trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3200081
rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:20 AM   #786
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

Quote:
Just wanted to check in.....my emotions are all over the place.....today we're putting down our sweet Riley He's been such a wonderful part of the family. It feels like my heart is on the outside of my body. My eyes are so red from crying. Just sitting here with him in my lap until its time to go, giving him lots of last puppy kisses.

I'm also planning the Disney Cruise for Joshua's bar mitzvah gift, just he and I. Got the okay from DH last night. Girls aren't thrilled but they understand. It'll be next January. I want to pet my puppy, read trip reports, and cry.

Hugs. Putting a furbaby down is never easy.

Jill in CO
Old 02-05-2013, 11:36 AM   #787
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:

So sorry for you. I kniw how it feels and it's never easy.
Alison ~~~~ Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Our Disney Dream Home| Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!
franandaj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:50 PM   #788
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
Hugs. Putting a furbaby down is never easy.

Jill in CO
Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
So sorry for you. I kniw how it feels and it's never easy.

Thank you. It's so very painful. I'm also flying out to CA this weekend for my cousin's funeral. I'm chalking up Feb 2013 to total crap.

I'm very grateful for the time we've had with Riley. He's been a total joy. I'm going to miss him so much. Joshua and I slept with him all curled up last night. The ground is frozen solid so we're going to cremate, not ideal, and then bury his ashes. There's no way DH could dig a hole.
Old 02-05-2013, 12:52 PM   #789
MomToPrincePhillip
Mouseketeer

Not an easy day for you that's for sure. I'm so sorry.
I had noticed a few questions you had posted on the cruise board, and wonder what was up, now I know. What ship and itinerary are you looking at?
Old 02-05-2013, 02:03 PM   #790
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomToPrincePhillip View Post
Not an easy day for you that's for sure. I'm so sorry.
I had noticed a few questions you had posted on the cruise board, and wonder what was up, now I know. What ship and itinerary are you looking at?

Thank you.

We're looking at the Disney Wonder, 5 nights in the Caribbean next January. It'll be just DS and me. It'll be his bar mitzvah gift. Of course the girls want to go, DH doesn't, and the girls cannot miss school. They each get to choose a trip or a big party. Gabby chose a week in So Cal with me and her best friend. We rented a convertible Mustang and had an amazing time doing the beaches, shopping, and eating. The girls got one day in Disneyland but I didn't go. Chloe chose a mega tip to WDW with all of and got to bring her best friend. Because Disney cruises a so expensive going not peak is a must. We decided it'd be great if I took Joshua. We're buddies and I'm elated. The girls have proven that missing school isn't good for them so that's where we're at. I think I'm going to start a cruise pre trip report. The itinerary is:

Miami, day at sea, Cozumel, day at sea, Castway Cay, Miami. It was the best itinerary for us. I'd love to do a 7 day but 5 will be great with just the two of us.
Old 02-05-2013, 02:39 PM   #791
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Congratulations! So happy for you. You and Scotty must be so relieved.
Thank you. It is as though a weight has been lifted from our shoulders.

Quote:

Oh Jenny, I am so sorry. It is never easy to put a pet down. We put our Shelby down in December of 2011. She had grown up with our kids so I know how you feel. We ended up adopting Annabel Lee not long after because our house was so sad. She rescued us.

I am sorry that you have the funeral too. Such a rough time for you.

Take joy in planning the cruise with Joshua.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:46 PM   #792
rentayenta

Quote:
Thank you. It is as though a weight has been lifted from our shoulders.

Oh Jenny, I am so sorry. It is never easy to put a pet down. We put our Shelby down in December of 2011. She had grown up with our kids so I know how you feel. We ended up adopting Annabel Lee not long after because our house was so sad. She rescued us.

I am sorry that you have the funeral too. Such a rough time for you.

Take joy in planning the cruise with Joshua.

Thank you. It was just so sad today and I feel so sad right now. He literally died peacefully in my arms. He was such a good boy, aren't they all. Thank goodness Guinness is here or I'd be a bigger mess. We listed to Tagled on the way, I don't think anyone was paying attention but me. They all wanted to watch it tonight, so we did, and I bawled during most of it.

I'm so glad you got Annabel.

I'm trying to do anything to occupy my mind so I'm in trip planning mode, guess it's my coping skill. Better than drinking but more expensive.

Yes, the funeral is Saturday. I leave Friday night. Most of my family is batcrap bonkers but I am looking forward to seeing my closest cousins. I can't imagine how my aunt feels right now. Losing my fur baby was hard enough.

Sorry to be such a downer but this is such a safe place to vent and process and I really appreciate the support.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:07 PM   #793
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta

Oh Jenny I am so so sorry. What a hard day.

Trip planning, if nothing else, is a wonderful distraction. Huge hugs coming your way.
eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:22 PM   #794
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Thank you. It was just so sad today and I feel so sad right now. He literally died peacefully in my arms. He was such a good boy, aren't they all. Thank goodness Guinness is here or I'd be a bigger mess. We listed to Tagled on the way, I don't think anyone was paying attention but me. They all wanted to watch it tonight, so we did, and I bawled during most of it.

I'm so glad you got Annabel.

I'm trying to do anything to occupy my mind so I'm in trip planning mode, guess it's my coping skill. Better than drinking but more expensive.

Yes, the funeral is Saturday. I leave Friday night. Most of my family is batcrap bonkers but I am looking forward to seeing my closest cousins. I can't imagine how my aunt feels right now. Losing my fur baby was hard enough.

Sorry to be such a downer but this is such a safe place to vent and process and I really appreciate the support.

Jenny, our four legged family members are a huge part of our family dynamics. I would be more concerned if you weren't mourning him.

I love Tangled, I have cried watching it.

Let planning carry you away. I speak for myself but I am also sure that the others feel the same. Feel free to vent, we are here for you.
Old 02-06-2013, 02:12 AM   #795
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Quote:

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: