Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2012, 12:42 PM   #46
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

You made me tired just reading all that. I understood what you meant about match.com! I would need three days of downtime just to make up for what you have to do before you leave!
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 01:28 PM   #47
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta

I'm on my phone waiting for Joshua....I didn't mean Match was bad in general but bad for me if that's how I'm meeting people since I'm already married- lmao!!!!!

I didn't forget you MissKitty, I just didn't want Cynthia thinking I was slagging those who meet on Match.
I knew what you meant lol. Just teasing you.
eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-07-2012, 02:10 PM   #48
DrMomof3
DIS Veteran

I'm here!
I can't believe you're leaving SO soon!!!

Amanda
Poly 01/2008; SSR 05/2009; CR 12/2009; YC 04/2010; BCV 08/2010; Poly CL 01/2011; BLT 08/2011; Swan 10/2011; GF CL 01/2012; Vero Beach 04/2012; Cabins 06/2012; WBC 08/2012; BCV 09/2012; Poly 1/2013; HGV 02/2013; WL, Kidani, SSR, Boardwalk in 2013; BLT 2014

Half-marathon PTR BCV Trip Report Half Marathon Trip Report Aug 2011 PTR
Aug 2011 TR
Multi-Trip 2012 PTR Running and Europe, 2014-15
Disney Dream
August 2013 PTR Aug 2013 TR
DrMomof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 04:05 PM   #49
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misskitty3 View Post
Why is it that the week before vacation is always packed with so many things??. Glad to know I am not the only one that goes thru this! Ha!

Your fligt to Pensacola sounds interesting! Pensacola is the home of the Blue Angels -- keep an eye out! Growing up, my dad had his private pilot license so have spent a lot of time flying in small planes. It was a lot of fun (and much quicker than driving places) but can understand if you don't like flying, how a bigger plane would feel more secure!

On a side note, we are also planning a late June DLR trip! Although, I keep going back and forth if we should go at spring break. The weather has been unbelievable these last couple of months in Seattle but soon enough, the grey and drizzle will return. I have no sun breaks planned until Disney in June. Yikes!

Please tell me how to prepare myself for a small plane? I'm guessing its a little cooler as far as scenery but more bumpy? The bumpy scares me. That's cool he was a pilot. Did you get to fly all over? Blue Angels? Neat! We have a local air show here and the Angels always open it up; they're unreal.

I don't know but it seems that the stuff hits the fan the week before a trip? Went to the Apple Store and of course they forget to put my screen protector back on the new phone, the old one was not fixable, so now I'm without a protector. I swear I'm not a Negative Nelly but this is frustrating. The Apple Store said I can drive back down and get it or call Apple Support. I called Apple Support. They're sending me out a new protector. It won't be the same as the one I bought from AT&T but it'll be comparable. 26 minutes later. I'm going to need a vacation to recoup from preparing for my vacation.

Does it rain a lot in Seattle in June too? Are the winters harsh? Spring Break is a great time weather wise but it's so hit and miss with crowd levels. Have you stayed at the GCV?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
I'm tired just reading all that!

That makes me not want to download the ios6 update. I haven't had any issues with 5 but Jeff is refusing to update as he will lose google maps when he does.

And hey....Jeff and I met on match. As did my brother and his wife lol!

Don't do it. My phone was not fixable and I had to get a new one which lead to another headache (see above).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native NYer View Post
I'm here!
I need to catch up in between last minute planning and packing.

and Can't wait to meet up at F&W! Jen cubed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
You made me tired just reading all that. I understood what you meant about match.com! I would need three days of downtime just to make up for what you have to do before you leave!
Girl, I'm fried already. I'm trying to talk the kids out of decorating for Halloween. At this point, we'll enjoy it for 10 days and be gone for 13.

Quote:
I knew what you meant lol. Just teasing you.
Whew. I honestly thought I had offended you. Had I had your cell, I would have text you. Lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMomof3 View Post
I'm here!
I can't believe you're leaving SO soon!!!

Amanda

Amanda. Glad you're here. I need to catch on your report.

Are the kids getting excited for Halloween?

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 04:10 PM   #50
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

That's one busy list of last week things to do. Hope you get it all done and yet manage to stay relatively sane.

Not long to go now.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 04:44 PM   #51
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
[CENTER]Went to the Apple Store and of course they forget to put my screen protector back on the new phone, the old one was not fixable, so now I'm without a protector. I swear I'm not a Negative Nelly but this is frustrating. The Apple Store said I can drive back down and get it or call Apple Support. I called Apple Support. They're sending me out a new protector. It won't be the same as the one I bought from AT&T but it'll be comparable. 26 minutes later. I'm going to need a vacation to recoup from preparing for my vacation.

Whew. I honestly thought I had offended you. Had I had your cell, I would have text you. Lol!
Which model do you have? I will definitely hold off on the update, do not have time to deal with that kind of fiasco. Spent the last 2 hours trying to get my laptop to work, it wouldn't open up my email. Spent an hour Friday on the kids mac with other similar issues regarding updates so they could get into their various match and science homework sites and have the videos actually load.

UGH.

I've never had a screen protector on mine, nor has Jeff and they are both fine so I wouldn't worry about that too much.

Which was needed as our appliance warranty info is in there and our fridge is having major issues so I need to call them.

2 hours later, in to the email, got the contract and...

they are only open 8-8 EST.

I'm not sure about Miss Kitty's spring break dates but ours is off peak due to weird testing schedules so we generally miss crowds as a result, if we actually go. Which makes it appealing versus early july. E's aren't even out of school till soemthing like 6/21.

June can be soggy. May is usually lovely to tease us and then June sucks. Summer starts July 4th.

It came a day early last year, she and I celebrated it on my PTR if memory serves.

Fall has been GORGEOUS here, so much so we did a spontaneous getaway to our cabin last night. Indian Summer rocks!

I'll PM or FB email you my cell, we should trade nubmers for coordinating.

SINGLE DIGIT DANCING today for me

Old 10-07-2012, 07:39 PM   #52
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
That's one busy list of last week things to do. Hope you get it all done and yet manage to stay relatively sane.

Not long to go now.

Got quite a bit completed today thank goodness. The only other snafu was DS's Mike Wazowski iron on for his costume. I did it today and its peeling on the edges. Realistically he's only going to wear it at MNSSHP. I emailed the lady making our arrival basket....I'll post some pics of the basket...to see if she could find a Mike W shirt. If not, no biggie.

Packing lists are finished.

Quote:
Which model do you have? I will definitely hold off on the update, do not have time to deal with that kind of fiasco. Spent the last 2 hours trying to get my laptop to work, it wouldn't open up my email. Spent an hour Friday on the kids mac with other similar issues regarding updates so they could get into their various match and science homework sites and have the videos actually load.

UGH.

I've never had a screen protector on mine, nor has Jeff and they are both fine so I wouldn't worry about that too much.

Which was needed as our appliance warranty info is in there and our fridge is having major issues so I need to call them.

2 hours later, in to the email, got the contract and...

they are only open 8-8 EST.

I'm not sure about Miss Kitty's spring break dates but ours is off peak due to weird testing schedules so we generally miss crowds as a result, if we actually go. Which makes it appealing versus early july. E's aren't even out of school till soemthing like 6/21.

June can be soggy. May is usually lovely to tease us and then June sucks. Summer starts July 4th.

It came a day early last year, she and I celebrated it on my PTR if memory serves.

Fall has been GORGEOUS here, so much so we did a spontaneous getaway to our cabin last night. Indian Summer rocks!

I'll PM or FB email you my cell, we should trade nubmers for coordinating.

SINGLE DIGIT DANCING today for me

Single digits baybee!!!

We need to trade cells. I've got Jen's and of course Jenna's. Poor Jenna has been stuck in the woods all weekend. No cell, no internet, no nothing, just family goodness.

I have the 4s. Apple is great and they gave me a new one, no questions asked its just a pita to have do deal with it all. iOS6 is on this one though so they much have done it at the store.

I saw your FB pic. Love a good fire. And wine. Fire and wine are good. Did you got to relax?

I'm sorry you've been having computer issues. Especially when you're trying to accomplish work and the kids are doing school work. We finally got Michael his own iPad as the kids needed the Mac. They need their own computers but it's not in the budget to buy 2 more MacBooks, thats for sure. I refused to jail break my iPad to get Flash etc but it can be done and the iPad can get all of the PC programs too. We've got a dusty PC.

Did you get the fridge warranty? Hows it acting up? Will they be open tomorrow due to the *holiday*?

Do your kids have school tomorrow? Mine do, Jenna's don't. I think Jen is off from teaching. I can't tell if tomorrow is a real holiday or not.

Old 10-07-2012, 08:32 PM   #53
Misskitty3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Please tell me how to prepare myself for a small plane? I'm guessing its a little cooler as far as scenery but more bumpy? The bumpy scares me. That's cool he was a pilot. Did you get to fly all over? Blue Angels? Neat! We have a local air show here and the Angels always open it up; they're unreal.

I don't know but it seems that the stuff hits the fan the week before a trip? Went to the Apple Store and of course they forget to put my screen protector back on the new phone, the old one was not fixable, so now I'm without a protector. I swear I'm not a Negative Nelly but this is frustrating. The Apple Store said I can drive back down and get it or call Apple Support. I called Apple Support. They're sending me out a new protector. It won't be the same as the one I bought from AT&T but it'll be comparable. 26 minutes later. I'm going to need a vacation to recoup from preparing for my vacation.

Does it rain a lot in Seattle in June too? Are the winters harsh? Spring Break is a great time weather wise but it's so hit and miss with crowd levels. Have you stayed at the GCV?
You will have a great flight, I am sure! Back then my dad usually flew Cessna's (usually 4 seats) and the farthest I went with him was Seattle to Southern Oregon/Medford.

A girlfriend and I were flying from Palm Srings to LAX to connect to Seattle about 15 years ago. The plane in Palm Springs was so small that we entered thru the cockpit -- the pilots actually stepped out of the plane onto the tarmac so the passengers could board! No flight attendant on that flight! Lol!

I don't have a screen protector on my iPhone either....I don't like the "feel" of them. DH does have a protector on his but swears the only way to put them on without air bubbles is to have someone at the Apple store take care of it.

The weather in Seattle from November to June is grey....with some rain and lots of drizzle.

Like Cynthia, my kids have spring break in April (starting the second week). With this upcoming trip, we want to try to balance days at Disney with relaxation/beach/pool time. I know about June "gloom" but figure the weather will be a bit warmer of we wait a couple of months.

No, we have not stayed at the GCV -- although I would love to! I have reservations for Hojo's because my kids love the water park there! I checked into the Disneyland Hotel for June and it was around $500(!) a night. Yikes!

Disneyland: June '13 - Hojo's.....May '12 - BWPPI..... May ’09 - Hojo’s….Oct ‘07 – Grand Californian….Nov ‘06 – Paradise Pier.…June ’04 – Disneyland Hotel.…June ‘96 Anaheim Hilton…. July ‘95 - Carousel Inn….Aug ’92 – Carousel Inn…July ’90 - Embassy Suites…July ’89 - Anaheim Hilton…May ’88 - Penny Sleeper…May ’87 - Penny Sleeper…April ’77 (?)…June ’76 - Disneyland Hotel….June ‘73 First trip ever to Disneyland!!!

WDW: July ’94 - Marriott Orlando World Center.…April ’94 - Marriott Orlando World Center….July ’86 - Marriott Orlando World Center….April ’86 - Marriott Orlando World Center
Misskitty3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:10 PM   #54
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Yea! So happy it's almost here! There's a grill by the pool? I never knew that- I thought it was near the basketball. Cool!

And you are going to LOOOOOOOOVE EE at night- please put that at the top of your must dos- it is SUCH a blast AND so different at night!

And I remember that Cabo trip!! Like I was there! It does look gorgeous- have to put it on my someday list....

Back to the countdown!! SO EXCITED for you!! FINALLY!!!!!
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:33 PM   #55
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misskitty3 View Post
You will have a great flight, I am sure! Back then my dad usually flew Cessna's (usually 4 seats) and the farthest I went with him was Seattle to Southern Oregon/Medford.

A girlfriend and I were flying from Palm Srings to LAX to connect to Seattle about 15 years ago. The plane in Palm Springs was so small that we entered thru the cockpit -- the pilots actually stepped out of the plane onto the tarmac so the passengers could board! No flight attendant on that flight! Lol!

I don't have a screen protector on my iPhone either....I don't like the "feel" of them. DH does have a protector on his but swears the only way to put them on without air bubbles is to have someone at the Apple store take care of it.

The weather in Seattle from November to June is grey....with some rain and lots of drizzle.

Like Cynthia, my kids have spring break in April (starting the second week). With this upcoming trip, we want to try to balance days at Disney with relaxation/beach/pool time. I know about June "gloom" but figure the weather will be a bit warmer of we wait a couple of months.

No, we have not stayed at the GCV -- although I would love to! I have reservations for Hojo's because my kids love the water park there! I checked into the Disneyland Hotel for June and it was around $500(!) a night. Yikes!

$500 a night for the Disneyland Hotel? No way Jose! We love the HoJo. Last time we were there the pirate pool wasn't built. I remember their service being stellar. And right next to Mimi's makes it perfect. Lots of folks complain about the walk but I don't think it's far, maybe 7-10 minutes.

The good thing about June gloom is that it burns off. I'm from So Cal, about 15 minutes from the beach. June is beautiful and warmer than April though my nutty kids swim in the Pacific in December. June is nice too because they generally don't close many attractions during the summer.

Your DH is right about the protectors. I had the AT&T guy put mine on and he used what appeared to be a tiny window scraper to get any bubbles out. I'm a spazz with my phone so I need the protector. I'd get an otter box but they're just too bulky. Maybe bubble wrap?

Through the cockpit? And flights with 4 people? Holy! DH said our plane probably won't have a flight attendant. What a neat experience to have with your dad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
Yea! So happy it's almost here! There's a grill by the pool? I never knew that- I thought it was near the basketball. Cool!

And you are going to LOOOOOOOOVE EE at night- please put that at the top of your must dos- it is SUCH a blast AND so different at night!

And I remember that Cabo trip!! Like I was there! It does look gorgeous- have to put it on my someday list....

Back to the countdown!! SO EXCITED for you!! FINALLY!!!!!

cute friend!

We'll eat by the pool but grill by the courts, that's if DH doesn't get eaten by a huge gator or bug of some sort. I'm so excited for Kidani. Hope the 5 mile, I mean minute, walk to Jambo doesn't do us in either. Have you done the night vision goggles or Mix n Mingle? Storytelling? I told Michael after his 3 trips to Africa, AKV might be a little dull but hey, at least he won't need Malaria pills after or shots before.

We're so super excited for AK at night. Like seriously, canceled our date night excited. Haha!

Finally indeed. I'm tenacious if nothing else. I posted my Nantucket pics on FB if you're interested. Wow is all I can say. It's amazing. I can't describe the feeling, it's like nothing else. It's like your heart is full the entire time.

I've been lurking on your Hawaii report. What a beautiful place. One day. Was it as fabulous as it looks? Michael says the sunsets are unreal.

Here are my basket pics. Hope they enjoy it:

Old 10-08-2012, 01:35 AM   #56
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Your baskets are beautiful. If they don't enjoy it, ship it my way.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:40 AM   #57
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz
Your baskets are beautiful. If they don't enjoy it, ship it my way.
Thank you! If they don't enjoy the baskets, I'll keep the baskets and ship the kids your way. Its chock full of goodness too. Personalized blankets for the kids, vinylmation, bracelet for Gab, sketch pads for the girls, coffee mugs for DH and I, Halloween plush....should be a good time. They're getting them when we check into AoA. I thought about not giving them until our first THV villa night but I like giving an arrival gift.

Last edited by rentayenta; 10-08-2012 at 09:00 AM.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:39 AM   #58
ajf1007
DIS Veteran

Hi Jenny! Our trip was great! Everyone had a great time and the look on my nieces faces when they saw the castle was priceless! There was no screaming or yelling - just mouth wide open and eyes as big as saucers! It made me cry! They had a great time at the Bippity Boppity too, then we had lunch right after at the castle. My youngest - Natalie - had her Snow White dress on and when Snow White came to the table, she just about passed out! It was incredibly awesome! Even with the large group we still managed to like each other at the end of the trip

I'm so excited for your trip! I was just catching up on your plans, wow! I can't wait to hear all about it. I'm interested in your thoughts too at the AoA. It looks so cool and I hadn't heard about the underwater sounds in the pool - how cool!! I love the baskets, what a great idea! You have made this a trip of a lifetime with such wonderful memories in the making!

I just booked today our trip for next year. We are going with my other BFF and her family, but they are staying off-site in their RCI share. We aren't planning on being together every day so it will be nice and relaxing. Jay and I are in a 1 bdrm Std View at AKV (which is our home resort) but I'm contemplating moving it at 7 mos to possibly the BCV or BWV's. We'll see. There are two things on our agenda though, for sure - the Backstage Magic 7 hour tour and the Wild Africa Trek.

How are you coming with all of your To Do's?
ajf1007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:18 PM   #59
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Got quite a bit completed today thank goodness. The only other snafu was DS's Mike Wazowski iron on for his costume. I did it today and its peeling on the edges. Realistically he's only going to wear it at MNSSHP. I emailed the lady making our arrival basket....I'll post some pics of the basket...to see if she could find a Mike W shirt. If not, no biggie.

Packing lists are finished.

The baskets are adorable! I have the 4S as well, the ios5 update wasn't an issue but based on your experience, going to hold off on the 6 until after the trip. Can't deal with the phone freezing on me between now and then or worse, there!

Kids have school today however we had bus drama today. Evan only takes the am bus on Monday's and I swear it's something every Monday morning! Today it was a sub bus driver who apparently was lost. Poor kid was having a total melt down.

I PM'd you my number on FB.

It was a spontaneous road trip on Sat. Kind of neat, I had sat out my other girls trip and was a little bummed. Friday my parents had their annual Oktoberfest party which we were thinking about skipping (as we'd be the only ones with kids), ended up going and had a wonderful time. Sat, as we were picking up Evan from his trombone lesson and commenting on the gorgeous day, his teacher mentioned he was going on a road trip with his mom and girlfriend.

Jeff goes

"we should go on a road trip"

And so, we did!

We hadn't been to our cabin in a couple of years and it was really nice to sneak away there for a night, very relaxing.

The computer thing has been a nightmare, had major printing issues last night with kids homework. UGH! That was the printer, not the laptops. I hear you on needing multiple laptops for kids. Ours have to share one MacBook as well and Jeff and I have PC laptops that are barely limping along. An iPdad won't really meet our needs but we are hoping that the Surface, the pro version, when it comes out, will. Question is if we can wait until then.

Fridge is dead. DEAD. They can't come out until tomorrow. Couldn't call to schedule until this morning of course as they were closed yesterday. I did find our extended warranty. If it is fixable, it's covered. If not...we will get some $$ towards a new one but not enough to cover a new one. Pray it's fixable. I think it's the compressor but we will see. Thank goodness we have a backup one in the garage.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:11 PM   #60
rentayenta

5 days until WDW!!!

I'll be back later to respond ladies but didn't want to miss my countdown.

Today's pics are some of my favorites from our first trip to WDW in 2007. As you can see there was a lot of kissing and hugging going on. Love Captain Jack planting one on Gabby.

It was during the YOAMD and we had so many Dreams and Magical Moments. Eileen our main CM gave us a day we couldn't believe from waving in the IASW boats from the podium and announcing our names to watching the fireworks from an empty Astro Orbiter deck, it was unreal. I need to find her picture and post it.

Last edited by rentayenta; 05-10-2014 at 07:09 PM.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: