Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 12-28-2012, 05:05 PM   #571
Native NYer
DIS Veteran
 
Native NYer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: New York City
Posts: 7,954

No changes yet!
AKV-Jambo in July and GCV in August. It will be the summer of Disney parks!

When is your next family vacay to WDW/DL?
__________________
Jennifer

Native NYer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 07:36 PM   #572
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 24,077

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native NYer View Post
No changes yet!
AKV-Jambo in July and GCV in August. It will be the summer of Disney parks!

When is your next family vacay to WDW/DL?


Yet being the operative word. Wanna place a wager? I'm so jealous. I think that should be their new promo: A Summer of Disney Parks. Not bad really? better than that memories thing they had.

I don't know when our next Disney family vacation will be. I tried like hell to plan August but with our 20th in August and Michael wanting to go international....plus we've got Joshua's bar mitzvah in October and 2 kids going to camp at a pretty penny or 20,000 each. I need a money tree.
__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS12 Riley Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751




rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 12-28-2012, 07:52 PM   #573
eandesmom
I'm with Beast
 
eandesmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 13,409

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Yet being the operative word. Wanna place a wager? I'm so jealous. I think that should be their new promo: A Summer of Disney Parks. Not bad really? better than that memories thing they had.

I don't know when our next Disney family vacation will be. I tried like hell to plan August but with our 20th in August and Michael wanting to go international....plus we've got Joshua's bar mitzvah in October and 2 kids going to camp at a pretty penny or 20,000 each. I need a money tree.
Camp is 20K each??????????? each kid, each summer??????????
eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 07:56 PM   #574
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 24,077

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Camp is 20K each??????????? each kid, each summer??????????

20,000 pennies or $2,000 each summer. I know I shouldn't talk money but it gives some perspective as to why Disney is 99% impossible this summer along with everything else that's going on. That's tuition, it doesn't include flights.
__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS12 Riley Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751




rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:12 PM   #575
Goofyluver
Knock Knock
edited to make myself look better!rrrrrrrooooooowwwwwwwrrrrr
...pssst pssst...
toilet paper is dangerous
 
Goofyluver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 19,046

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
I'm so so happy for you all! What a special year you're all going to have. Planning snacks? Men after my own heart. Will you adopt me?
Yes. Bring booze.
__________________
'Tis the gift to be simple,
'tis the gift to be free,
'tis the gift to come down where you ought to be,
And when we find ourselves in the place just right,
It will be in the valley of love and delight.
Goofyluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:20 PM   #576
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet
 
kaoden39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fairfield, CA
Posts: 30,129






I have always wanted a chance to use that smiley. Now seemed appropriate.

Hello and how are you?
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:51 PM   #577
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran
 
franandaj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Long Beach, CA, VWL, BCV, SSR & VGC
Posts: 22,691

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
We were thinking of getting all gussied up for NYE but we've got some friends coming into town who wouldn't enjoy it so we're skipping that. We're going to a cool little place in SLC called The Copper Onion for an early dinner sans kids and then taking all of the the kids to the movies. What are you and Fran doing?

Speaking of doctors, how's Fran healing?
We have no idea what we're doing other than I asked if we could go to dinner. Not a place with multiple forks, but not the Prospector (don't know if you know the place), somewhere inbetween. I said I would like to be in bed when all the mayhem goes on watching it on TV.

Our NYE morning tradition is to make sure we have the Rose parade on all the TIVOs and watch it once we wake up (which is usually close to 8AM when it starts). I did say that this year I would like to play the Handicapped Card and go out and see the floats in person. We have always talked about it, but never actually gone out there, at least together.

Her healing has been slow, she has now received two infusions of the arthritis drug which inhibits her il6. The doctors know it is a trade off between wounds healing and being able to get around and actually have a life. Her big wound is healing, but at the last appointment she had another open up that was tunneling into another opening. They changed her treatment and put her on MediHoney. It requires a dressing change every day, but she seems to be responding.

We were supposed to see the Doctor today, but we were too tired to drive home yesterday so we got an appointment on Monday and will drive home tomorrow. Monday they will take measurements and find out if the wounds are smaller.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Camp is 20K each??????????? each kid, each summer??????????
Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
20,000 pennies or $2,000 each summer. I know I shouldn't talk money but it gives some perspective as to why Disney is 99% impossible this summer along with everything else that's going on. That's tuition, it doesn't include flights.
I know, I was thinking 20K for camp? Yours and the kids from Beverly Hills! I hope that you guys can pull it together and find it in the funds for a Disney trip. No one should go too long without one.
__________________
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!


franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:13 PM   #578
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 24,077

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofyluver View Post
Yes. Bring booze.

I have booze new mommy. Not to worry.




Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post





I have always wanted a chance to use that smiley. Now seemed appropriate.

Hello and how are you?

Hi lady, how are you? Thank you for the Hyatt recommendation. PIO reminded me that you suggested it too. It was perfect for the boys in SF.





Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
We have no idea what we're doing other than I asked if we could go to dinner. Not a place with multiple forks, but not the Prospector (don't know if you know the place), somewhere inbetween. I said I would like to be in bed when all the mayhem goes on watching it on TV.

Our NYE morning tradition is to make sure we have the Rose parade on all the TIVOs and watch it once we wake up (which is usually close to 8AM when it starts). I did say that this year I would like to play the Handicapped Card and go out and see the floats in person. We have always talked about it, but never actually gone out there, at least together.

Her healing has been slow, she has now received two infusions of the arthritis drug which inhibits her il6. The doctors know it is a trade off between wounds healing and being able to get around and actually have a life. Her big wound is healing, but at the last appointment she had another open up that was tunneling into another opening. They changed her treatment and put her on MediHoney. It requires a dressing change every day, but she seems to be responding.

We were supposed to see the Doctor today, but we were too tired to drive home yesterday so we got an appointment on Monday and will drive home tomorrow. Monday they will take measurements and find out if the wounds are smaller.





I know, I was thinking 20K for camp? Yours and the kids from Beverly Hills! I hope that you guys can pull it together and find it in the funds for a Disney trip. No one should go too long without one.

I do remember the Prospector. I like to watch the ball drop. Joshua, 11, makes multiple ball dropping jokes all night too. I am trying to choose a movie. This is 40 looks hilarious but its R. I don't know if its language R or nudity R. last summer my friend and I (Kayla's mom) took the kids to see 21 Jump Street. Bad bad move. The kids said it stole their innocence. Creeps. There are a ton of good places to eat. Where are you thinking about going? Have you been to McKenna's on the Bay?

No way $20,000 for camp. I think $2,000 is bad enough but I hear its not expensive for a 2 week Jewish summer camp. Our friend sends her daughter to one in CA and it's closer to 4k for two weeks.

You should go to the Rose Parade. Play whatever card you've got! I went once when I was very very young. I don't remember it at all but saw photos years ago.

What is il6? Are you changing her dressings or do you have home health come in? I hope you are taking care of you and your needs too. Being a caregiver is so hard especially to those we love. Do they give her something for pain?
__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS12 Riley Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751




rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:37 PM   #579
eandesmom
I'm with Beast
 
eandesmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 13,409

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta

20,000 pennies or $2,000 each summer. I know I shouldn't talk money but it gives some perspective as to why Disney is 99% impossible this summer along with everything else that's going on. That's tuition, it doesn't include flights.
Whew you scared me. Which is not negating 4k in tuition plus flights. Yep that is a full family vacation right there.

I feel your pain, Kendall's soccer stuff alone is there @ the both kids level, add the E's camps and it currently equals no summer trip at all. I want to go to Denver to visit Jeff's mom but we'd still need to come up with flights and I'm not sure that's doable with college tuition as well.

Seriously though I was thinking 40k for camp? No wonder Michael works so much. LOL!
eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:38 PM   #580
MEK
DIS Veteran
 
MEK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Middletown, DE
Posts: 18,527

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post


Thank you! It really was a super fun morning. I just love AK, we all do. Well except for Dinoland which aside from Dinosaur, is total crap. Its campy carnival which I guess is the point but it detracts from the beauty and vive of AK.

I've got to agree with you on that, so I just try to forget its there. The rest of the park is stunning and I don't think I'll ever get tired of taking pictures of it.
__________________

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:50 PM   #581
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 24,077

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Whew you scared me. Which is not negating 4k in tuition plus flights. Yep that is a full family vacation right there.

I feel your pain, Kendall's soccer stuff alone is there @ the both kids level, add the E's camps and it currently equals no summer trip at all. I want to go to Denver to visit Jeff's mom but we'd still need to come up with flights and I'm not sure that's doable with college tuition as well.

Seriously though I was thinking 40k for camp? No wonder Michael works so much. LOL!

I didn't even add in two kids and their comp soccer. I can't imagine how many fabulous vacations we'd be taking if not for extra curricular activities. Plus Chloe's dance/tumbling. Our anniversary trip should be quite the vacation though. We're thinking Croatia or Montenegro. I hear they've got the best beaches anywhere. Ecuador is on the table too. Hawaii and Mexico are off as well as anywhere in the US. I want beach tropical, he wants beach historic....he's planning. We'll see if we make it to anniversary #21.

He does work a lot but he's home a lot too if that makes sense. He works 10-11 days a month at the FD and that's all he's worked since October. Once Jan starts he's back to a lot of travel. Miami for Land's End in Jan and then back to Africa in Feb I believe. Starting a business at our age is quite the venture. He retires from the FD in just over 3 years and we're really wanting that to happen so that's why we've got so much going on now. We're crazy for sure. he has worked some extra days come to think of it to pay back and pay forward shift trades. he tries to trade vs using leave when he travels.

College tuition for who? Are you going back to school? Have you checked Frontier for flights to Denver? I think CO is their major hub.




Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I've got to agree with you on that, so I just try to forget its there. The rest of the park is stunning and I don't think I'll ever get tired of taking pictures of it.

It is so beautiful. I have so many photos from that day. They make me so happy. Its so brilliant. What is your favorite part?


Here's some fun side news: my friend and I are going to So Cal for our birthdays in March. It's not a Disney trip per say. We may sneak in.... The kids would be so sad if I went to Carsland without them but we'll see.....we'll only do Disney for a day though. We're planning some other really fun stuff and of course we'll stay with one of my dearest friends. Details to come soon. What I do have are our flights. JetBlue baby!
__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS12 Riley Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751




rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:51 PM   #582
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country
 
jedijill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 5,279

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Whew you scared me. Which is not negating 4k in tuition plus flights. Yep that is a full family vacation right there.

I feel your pain, Kendall's soccer stuff alone is there @ the both kids level, add the E's camps and it currently equals no summer trip at all. I want to go to Denver to visit Jeff's mom but we'd still need to come up with flights and I'm not sure that's doable with college tuition as well.

Seriously though I was thinking 40k for camp? No wonder Michael works so much. LOL!
I could off my spare bedroom here in Denver if you need a place to stay.

Holy carp! $2k for camp! That's a lot of dough!

Jill in CO
__________________
jedijill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:00 PM   #583
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 24,077

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
I could off my spare bedroom here in Denver if you need a place to stay.

Holy carp! $2k for camp! That's a lot of dough!

Jill in CO


It is a lot I agree but well worth it. Being Jews in Utah and the kids being literally the only ones in their schools doesn't give them much Jewish life during the summers. During the school year, Gab helps teach at religious school and Joshua is still in RS until next year when he'll have his bar mitzvah. If we were in Salt Lake we'd attend the synagogue down there but its too far. Our little synagogue is 15 minutes away but we're the only one for many counties so spending time with the other school aged kids is hard to coordinate. We're also so small that we don't have a full time rabbi; our rabbi comes just once a month. Camp sort of makes up/adds to their Jewish identity. The kids' camp is just outside Denver, Camp Shwayder, have you heard of it?
__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS12 Riley Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751





Last edited by rentayenta; 12-28-2012 at 10:13 PM.
rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:13 PM   #584
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country
 
jedijill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 5,279

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
It is a lot I agree but well worth it. Being Jews in Utah and the kids being literally the only ones in their schools doesn't give them much Jewish life during the summers. During the school year, Gab helps teach at religious school and Joshua is still in RS until next year when he'll have his bar mitzvah. If we were in Salt lake we'd attend the synagogue down there but its too far. Our synagogue is 15 minutes away but we're the only one for many counties so spending time with the other school aged kids is hard to coordinate. We're also so small that we don't have a full time rabbi; our rabbi comes just once a month. Camp sort of makes up/adds to their Jewish identity. The kids' camp is just outside Denver, Camp Shwayder, have you heard of it?
No, I have not but if its outside Denver I bet its really nice! It's great that you are giving your kids the opportunity (despite the cost) to go. I'm pretty uninformed about the Jewish faith but learning more as I go. Much different than my (now lapsed) Southern Baptist upbringing.

I did enjoy lunch on Christmas at The Bagel Deli near my house (was on Diners Drive ins and Dives) and had some awesome matzo ball soup.

Jill in CO
__________________
jedijill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:16 PM   #585
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran
 
mvf-m11c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 6,511

I caught up with your latest post at AK. Very nice pictures from AK that day. That is nice that your family got to ride EE three times that morning. EE doesn't have that long wait when it opened back in 2006 and now it is a walk-on in the morning which is a great time to take advantage of that ride. Those hats that your kids bought are very neat.

Very nice update.
mvf-m11c is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:49 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: