Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-04-2012, 09:15 PM   #61
ABtwinmommy
Mouseketeer
 
ABtwinmommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 209

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovepete View Post
So excited! We just booked for 8 nights for 2 adults and 2 kids, with regular dining plan at the French Quarter, 1 day park tickets for $2416.08. We did one day tickets because we upgrade them to season passes once we get there.

This is *almost* as good as free dining, so I'll take it!
Is this for a standard view room at POFQ?
__________________
(Me) (DH) (DD 4) (DS 4)
--------------------------------------------------------------
February 1998-WL ~ March 2003-Offsite ~ April 2005-Offsite ~ July 2006-Offsite ~ March 2012-POFQ ~ February 2013-POFQ
Planning next trip to my happy place ~ Jan/Feb 2014-CR/BC
ABtwinmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:37 PM   #62
ilovepete
DIS Veteran
 
ilovepete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Not far above The World
Posts: 1,866

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABtwinmommy View Post
Is this for a standard view room at POFQ?
Yes
__________________
Me, wife to DH and mama to DD5 and DS7
DD's favorite character is Pete, so that is where the screen name comes in!
ilovepete is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-04-2012, 09:37 PM   #63
ilovepete
DIS Veteran
 
ilovepete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Not far above The World
Posts: 1,866

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaW1234 View Post
How is it different?
Different from free dining? I think I'd save a little more with FD, a couple hundred.
__________________
Me, wife to DH and mama to DD5 and DS7
DD's favorite character is Pete, so that is where the screen name comes in!
ilovepete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:38 PM   #64
nanhol
Mouseketeer
 
nanhol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 271

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristallc View Post
someone explain the discount to me
I have a current res at por riverside, 3 adults (my oldest is 19) and 2 children 11 and 9
I have room and tickets (non hop) booked now
what is the discount?
Do I add dining at kid cost?
better than that?
a %?
I have no math skills
I'm going to take a stab at it, but please don't hate me if I'm completely wrong. I'm giving you the calculation on a per night basis, as I'm not sure how long you're staying. I think I understand the deals...but I've been wrong in the past.

There are two possible deals: For the room-only discount you save 30% off room-only rate at POR (about $60/night for late January).

For the "kids of all ages" deal you will save $153 per night (if you want the standard dining plan) plus some savings on the park tickets (that depends on # of days). Here's my reasoning, if anyone wants to pick it apart. You'll be able to add standard dining for all 5 of you at the kid rate--instead of paying $55.59 per night for each of you who are ages 10 and up, you'll pay the kid rate of $17.16 per night for each of the 5 in your group. If you get the standard dining plan that saves you $153 per night of dining (because 4 of you eat at the child price) over the regular dining plan price. Since you don't currently have dining it will add money to your plan, (cost of $85.80 to feed all 5 of you per night), but if you were planning to eat 1 quick service and 1 table service and 1 snack per day then this is a better deal for you than the room-only discount. (If you don't have your ADRs then you will want to jump on that to get the table service meals you want on this plan.) You will save an additional amount of money for the park tickets--but it depends on how many nights you're staying.

For my family of 5 with 4 "adults" we'll save $72 total on the park tickets for 5 day tickets. We're staying 4 nights and have 5-day tickets and we'll save $684 total between the food "deal" and the ticket "deal". It's not as much as I was hoping, but it's better than nothing! Of course, I am Disney-visa-less, so I will be anxiously watching for the update next Wednesday!
__________________

Poly CL in August 2015
Beach Club, Disney Dream & Contemporary, Feb 2013
Contemporary & Polynesian, Feb 2010
nanhol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:50 PM   #65
JessicaW1234
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 143

Can someone help me with this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaW1234 View Post
Right now I have AAA discount on room at POFQ for 1/2-1/7 and tickets from undercover tourist.
Is this visa promotion a better deal? Do I only have to buy one day tix to get this deal? Those tix have no expiration/ can they be upgraded later? Or should I buy park tix w/this deal and save other tix for different trip?
Also, can I still get my park tix one day early if I do a room only the day before my package starts? The CM said no on the phone tonite.
JessicaW1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:57 PM   #66
jodi90
Mouseketeer
 
jodi90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Idaho
Posts: 300

Please help!

The more I read the more confused I am. Is the AoA Nemo Suites part of either offer? Also, are the LM rooms part of either offer?

We have two different families going with two reservations. 3 adults and 3 kids in the AoA Suite and 2 Adults booked in the LM rooms.

I'm just confused

Also, are there any blackout dates? We will check-in on 2/22 and checkout on 2/28.

Thanks!!
__________________
jodi90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:57 PM   #67
ShellieB
Mouseketeer
 
ShellieB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 146

Exsisting Reservation

I already have a trip booked in January and have paid the deposit, but not on our Disney Visa. Can I still call and get this deal if I pay another 200 on the visa??
ShellieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:57 PM   #68
loveshak22
DIS Veteran
 
loveshak22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,185

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanhol View Post
I'm going to take a stab at it, but please don't hate me if I'm completely wrong. I'm giving you the calculation on a per night basis, as I'm not sure how long you're staying. I think I understand the deals...but I've been wrong in the past.

There are two possible deals: For the room-only discount you save 30% off room-only rate at POR (about $60/night for late January).

For the "kids of all ages" deal you will save $153 per night (if you want the standard dining plan) plus some savings on the park tickets (that depends on # of days). Here's my reasoning, if anyone wants to pick it apart. You'll be able to add standard dining for all 5 of you at the kid rate--instead of paying $55.59 per night for each of you who are ages 10 and up, you'll pay the kid rate of $17.16 per night for each of the 5 in your group. If you get the standard dining plan that saves you $153 per night of dining (because 4 of you eat at the child price) over the regular dining plan price. Since you don't currently have dining it will add money to your plan, (cost of $85.80 to feed all 5 of you per night), but if you were planning to eat 1 quick service and 1 table service and 1 snack per day then this is a better deal for you than the room-only discount. (If you don't have your ADRs then you will want to jump on that to get the table service meals you want on this plan.) You will save an additional amount of money for the park tickets--but it depends on how many nights you're staying.

For my family of 5 with 4 "adults" we'll save $72 total on the park tickets for 5 day tickets. We're staying 4 nights and have 5-day tickets and we'll save $684 total between the food "deal" and the ticket "deal". It's not as much as I was hoping, but it's better than nothing! Of course, I am Disney-visa-less, so I will be anxiously watching for the update next Wednesday!
So I think your post finally made me understand what the package discount really is! Assuming it's good for both the dates I'm traveling and the resort I'm staying in (AKL) then I think we'll save $731.30.

Based on the way you explained it here's what I did to get my calculations - we currently have the deluxe DP, which is $99.97 a night. If we get the kids rate it will be $26.84 a night. Since there are 2 of us that's a savings of $146.26 a night. Multiply that by 5 nights = $731.30??

FD would only really save us about $500 for the trip I think so for us with the deluxe DP at a kids rate seems to be a better deal!

If we had the choice to do the RO (I think it's 35% for the AKL Savannah Rooms) instead of the package I think that saves about $700 as well.

Does that make sense??
loveshak22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:59 PM   #69
pobaw81
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 8

I'm confused by this -- I don't have a Disney Visa card, so I'll have to wait until the 10th. Will I be able to have access to both deals on the 10th or just the package deal?
pobaw81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:11 PM   #70
km3jones
Earning My Ears
 
km3jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 71

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellieB
I already have a trip booked in January and have paid the deposit, but not on our Disney Visa. Can I still call and get this deal if I pay another 200 on the visa??
I did the same, booked on a different card a month ago. Called to get promo today they just asked for $200 on the disney visa and it was good to go.
km3jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:12 PM   #71
webbyduck
Earning My Ears
 
webbyduck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveshak22 View Post
So I think your post finally made me understand what the package discount really is! Assuming it's good for both the dates I'm traveling and the resort I'm staying in (AKL) then I think we'll save $731.30.

Based on the way you explained it here's what I did to get my calculations - we currently have the deluxe DP, which is $99.97 a night. If we get the kids rate it will be $26.84 a night. Since there are 2 of us that's a savings of $146.26 a night. Multiply that by 5 nights = $731.30??

FD would only really save us about $500 for the trip I think so for us with the deluxe DP at a kids rate seems to be a better deal!

If we had the choice to do the RO (I think it's 35% for the AKL Savannah Rooms) instead of the package I think that saves about $700 as well.

Does that make sense??
Wait you get Deluxe Dining for the kids price? If so, that is a phenomenal deal! Can anyone confirm?

Last edited by webbyduck; 10-04-2012 at 10:14 PM. Reason: typo
webbyduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:40 PM   #72
DisneyFEB2013
Mouseketeer
 
DisneyFEB2013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 163

When I called, no, I did not get a deal on the deluxe dining. It came out the same if I had upgraded it before discounts came out.
DisneyFEB2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:48 PM   #73
monicab28
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Posts: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellieB View Post
I already have a trip booked in January and have paid the deposit, but not on our Disney Visa. Can I still call and get this deal if I pay another 200 on the visa??
Yes, you can. Even if you've paid your whole trip off, they will credit $200 back to your original charge card, and then charge $200 to your Disney Visa. I just did this today for one of my clients for their trip in February. You only have to make one $200 payment on the Disney Visa to get the promo.
monicab28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:51 PM   #74
loveshak22
DIS Veteran
 
loveshak22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,185

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFEB2013 View Post
When I called, no, I did not get a deal on the deluxe dining. It came out the same if I had upgraded it before discounts came out.
That's lame-o! So how's that work? The DP is $55.59 and the kids DP is $17.16. The deluxe DP is $99.97 and $26.84 for kids. So instead of getting the deluxe for $26.84 they will take the difference between the DP and deluxe DP ($44.38) and add that to the kids DP?

Math:
Kids DP: $17.16 + Difference bet DP and Deluxe: $44.38 = $61.54

As opposed to:
Kids deluxe DP: $26.84
loveshak22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:01 PM   #75
Princess Serendipity
If It's Not Baroque
 
Princess Serendipity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 113

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveshak22 View Post
That's lame-o! So how's that work? The DP is $55.59 and the kids DP is $17.16. The deluxe DP is $99.97 and $26.84 for kids. So instead of getting the deluxe for $26.84 they will take the difference between the DP and deluxe DP ($44.38) and add that to the kids DP?

Math:
Kids DP: $17.16 + Difference bet DP and Deluxe: $44.38 = $61.54

As opposed to:
Kids deluxe DP: $26.84
I'm pretty sure that's what they're going to do. I'd be VERY pleasantly surprised if we could get deluxe dining for kid price. Who wouldn't at that point? All the signature dinners would just cost them too much.

For simplicity's sake, I think the Stay/Play/Dine formula works like this:

(Rack Rate Room cost for entire stay) + X(Child's ticket cost for stay) + X(Child's dining plan for stay), where X is the number of people going.
Princess Serendipity is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:19 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: