Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2012, 02:08 PM   #16
TIME2DISNEY
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymagicgirl View Post
22.5% off the package price? In what resort category?
Deluxe.
Old 10-04-2012, 02:10 PM   #17
Princess Serendipity
If It's Not Baroque

I'm curious to see how a discount works out with the Deluxe dining plan, although your report is giving me hope, Sherrkel. We'll be two adults staying 9 nights at POR: Royal Room Garden View Jan 12-21st with 10 day hopper tickets...and your package in a more expensive room with another adult came out to be $400 cheaper than our undiscounted package (though we have deluxe dining).
Princess Serendipity is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-04-2012, 02:10 PM   #18
Jennifer_W
Mouseketeer

Are there any other room restrictions besides the AofA LM rooms? My TA @ Dreams Unlimited said it wouldn't apply to the preferred rooms, but I don't see it mentioned on the OP.
Old 10-04-2012, 02:13 PM   #19
Ted in Halifax
Over a 2,000 mile drive from Disney!

For the package it excludes AoA rooms (don't know about RO) .... see the small print in the graphic that CanadianGuy posted
May 2007 Fort Wilderness Cabins, Feb 2009 Pop Century, Nov 2009 Port Orleans Riverside, March 2010 Pop Century AP, May 2010 All Star Music AP, Nov 2010 POP Century AP, Feb 2011 Port Orleans Riverside AP, March 2012 AKV, March 2012 Disney Dream, March 2012 BWV, Feb 2013 POP AP, March 2013 AKL AP, July 2013 AKL AP, Dec 2013 Coronado Springs AP, Dec 2013 Saratoga Springs AP, and Dec 2013 POR French Quarter AP, JAN 2015 AKL JAMBO HOUSE Watching the SuperBowl at AKL ....
Ted in Halifax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:13 PM   #20
Sherrkel
Disney World Dreamer . . . Wish I Could Be At My Home Away From Home . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Serendipity View Post
I'm curious to see how a discount works out with the Deluxe dining plan, although your report is giving me hope, Sherrkel. We'll be two adults staying 9 nights at POR: Royal Room Garden View Jan 12-21st with 10 day hopper tickets...and your package in a more expensive room with another adult came out to be $400 cheaper than our undiscounted package (though we have deluxe dining).
I was surprised at the savings; and keeping fingers crossed I was quoted correctly by the CM. Hopefully when it comes out to the GP next week my AAA agent can confirm it.

POR Grand Gathering Feb. 2013 **CSR Grand Gathering 2011, 2009 & 2007 ** CBR 1995 **Disneymoon 1989

Sherrkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:22 PM   #21
CanadianGuy

Me and My Posse doing our New Kids on the Block moves at PI

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer_W View Post
Are there any other room restrictions besides the AofA LM rooms? My TA @ Dreams Unlimited said it wouldn't apply to the preferred rooms, but I don't see it mentioned on the OP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted in Halifax View Post
For the package it excludes AoA rooms (don't know about RO) .... see the small print in the graphic that CanadianGuy posted
The rooms offered on the discount can vary by resort etc.. And yes, sometimes preferred or other in demand features (views, king bed etc) are not available on a given offer.

AoA LM rooms are excluded from the package discount offer... those are ROOM ONLY discount of just 15%.

AoA suites ARE included in the package discount offer.

PS> Good to see ya Ted!

06/1995 - All Star Music | 11/1998 - Wilderness Lodge | 10/1999 - Disneyland
06/2006 - Pop Century | 03/2007 - Pop Century | 06/2007 - Coronado Springs
12/2007 - All Star Sports | 06/2008 - Pop Century | 09/2008 - All Star Sports
06/2010 - Swan | 06/2012 - Dolphin | 01/2013 - All Star Sports

CanadianGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:32 PM   #22
artemis908
EPCOTnaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIME2DISNEY View Post
Hm... We are only staying 4 nights. Maybe because I have 4 Disney adults and I upgraded to park hopper tickets?
I have to say this the most mysterious discount Disney has offered. I mean Free dining is easy to calculate! This discount comes out about a 22.5% discount!
I know! I wish I could see a breakdown on what you're saving on, I mean the e-mail mentions the dining plan but I don't see it mentioned other places? So are we saving on ALL parts of a magic your way package?
artemis908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:33 PM   #23
smitch425
DIS Veteran

From what I've heard by someone getting this offer in Latin America, adults are getting the dining plan and tickets at the child's price. I can't confirm because I won't be booking this deal, but that is why the discount seems a bit random. Also, the headline mentions kids of all ages, so it makes since that that is what the deal is.

Last edited by smitch425; 10-04-2012 at 02:41 PM.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:38 PM   #24
artemis908
EPCOTnaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
From what I've heard by someone getting this offer in Latin America, adults are getting the dining plan and tickets at the child's price. I can't confirm because I won't be booking this deal, but that is why the discount seems a bit random. Also, the headline mention kids of all ages, so it makes since that that is what the deal is.
I have the deluxe dining plan, I wonder if that means I got the deluxe dining plan as a child, which might not be too bad since I wouldn't get absolute free dining anyway with deluxe (just would have to pay to "upgrade" my dining plan). Also staying at Boardwalk, which seems to have one of the biggest reductions in price since it's a Deluxe and there's only two of us.

BTW I heard Port Orleans is getting less of a discount because of it's upgraded rooms.
artemis908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:44 PM   #25
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis908 View Post
I have the deluxe dining plan, I wonder if that means I got the deluxe dining plan as a child, which might not be too bad since I wouldn't get absolute free dining anyway with deluxe (just would have to pay to "upgrade" my dining plan). Also staying at Boardwalk, which seems to have one of the biggest reductions in price since it's a Deluxe and there's only two of us.

BTW I heard Port Orleans is getting less of a discount because of it's upgraded rooms.
A poster from Argentina named viajermagico posted this info yesterday (he was using google translate because his English is poor)...

promotions in Latin America always coincide with ones in the U.S. . I understand that promotions in Europe are different, but not those from Latin America.
Im sure because im from Argentina and i went the past 4 years to WDW with the same promotions.
if this rumor is confirmed :
value hotel packages Would Have the quick plan with "adult for a child price"
moderate or higher packages hotels, would have standard plan with "adult for a child price"
All upgrades will require the payment of the real difference in adult costs Between plans (for example, between standard and quick the difference would be approximately U $ S 18, likewise Between Standard and deluxe)
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:59 PM   #26
TIME2DISNEY
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis908 View Post

Interesting, deluxe dining plan for child price. Didn't even think to ask the CM about that.
Looks like I will be calling Disney again! With all the checking and calling and board stalking, I feel like I have earned my discount! Lol!
Old 10-04-2012, 03:07 PM   #27
Life is good
Earning My Ears

i got about 20% off a quick service plan at a value- to upgrade to a regular dining plan i would have had to pay the entire difference.
Old 10-04-2012, 04:03 PM   #28
Kevin_W
Mouseketeer

How much is the stay/play/dine if you have a family of 3 (2 adult, 1 child)? since the $82 per person is based off of 4 people (presumably 2 adult, 2 child), I'm guessing it goes up with only 3.
Kevin_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:10 PM   #29
CanadianGuy

Me and My Posse doing our New Kids on the Block moves at PI

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_W
How much is the stay/play/dine if you have a family of 3 (2 adult, 1 child)? since the $82 per person is based off of 4 people (presumably 2 adult, 2 child), I'm guessing it goes up with only 3.
Well.. it goes up -- because the room is amortized over fewer people.. but then it goes down, cause you don't have a second child ticket.

Remember the 'per day' calculations on those graphics from the Disney Visa site in the first post of this thread ... are based on the sample vacation noted at the top.. those numbers totally change not only based on people in the room and tickets required .. but also the length of the vacation.

I swear, you need to know algebra to understand and follow these discounts by times.

06/1995 - All Star Music | 11/1998 - Wilderness Lodge | 10/1999 - Disneyland
06/2006 - Pop Century | 03/2007 - Pop Century | 06/2007 - Coronado Springs
12/2007 - All Star Sports | 06/2008 - Pop Century | 09/2008 - All Star Sports
06/2010 - Swan | 06/2012 - Dolphin | 01/2013 - All Star Sports

CanadianGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:24 PM   #30
2manypets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
From what I've heard by someone getting this offer in Latin America, adults are getting the dining plan and tickets at the child's price. I can't confirm because I won't be booking this deal, but that is why the discount seems a bit random. Also, the headline mentions kids of all ages, so it makes since that that is what the deal is.
I just calculated my savings and your statement make sense. total vacation if $2343ish. (give or take a few dollars as I'm relying on memory) This is for 5nts at CSR for 2 adults.

Rack rate at CSR = 1107ish
child DDP = 171.60
childs tix = 634
upgrade to deluxe = around 425

So it make sense!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: