Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-2012, 06:15 PM   #31
luvvwl
Mouseketeer

Well, hey there Cel!

Your plans look great!
Old 10-20-2012, 06:22 PM   #32
Backstage_Gal
Let me rephrase the dog stew remark
I broke more than I used

Location: On my couch with my laptop and a glass of wine in Florida

Great pics, Cel, I am so excited for you!
Register to remove

Old 10-21-2012, 07:50 PM   #33
JBeanBunny
royal purple pigment

I just caught up! I'm pleased that you're up to 3 pages already! I feel like it took an eternity to fill up with posts and spaces in the early stages of planning... BUT you seem to be an expert (and eager!!!) planner

I would LOVE to take credit for cutting out each piece of paper for the background image in my invitations, but that would be wrong! I bought the image from somebody on etsy, then I used tracing paper on craft paper and recreated it in colors I preferred! Then I scanned it and had Kinkos print me about 30 pages (2 per page) We did, however, punch out 8 squares of blue paper for the front of the invitations (and since the edges were white, Michael used a blue marker to make it evenly blue ) they were very labor intensive, but it would've taken me a hundred times longer if I'd handcrafted that background image in every invitation

I love your work with the mini cricut! My fellow bride friend (got married the week before I did) had one and I used hers as much as I could before she moved away! They're so fun- I just used her wedding cartridge to make a whole bunch of labels and tags! She didn't have the Disney cartridge, but one of the gals on my cruise made a door tag for me & Michael from the Cinderella & Charming image! It looked to be very complicated, but at the same time, it's fun to put all of the pieces together!

I la-la-la-LOVE your ring I had the marquise cut on my "wishlist" (I had a desktop folder full of different rings for Michael to peruse whenever he was ready to go ring shopping!) but my mom was sneaky and gave the center stone from her engagement ring (parents divorced) which is a 1/2 carat round diamond. I adore my ring set, but I still love the Marquise! Maybe I'll get one in a gemstone for some right hand candy! (We then reset my mom's ring with a sapphire and gave it back to her!) I totally agree about rhodium plating- I can appreciate yellow gold, but I don't prefer to wear it!! I love white gold, silver, and platinum colors! I have a beautiful ring from my mom that looks like a lacy version of Princess Aurora's crown (I wore it on my wedding day for my 'something borrowed') and I really want to get it rhodium plated because it's yellow gold. Have you rhodium plated it yet? Is it expensive to do?

You mentioned asking me about outside photographers and Disney. From what I understand, as long as your photographer has a ticket into Disney, they can take photos of you. (This is how it was with the cruiseline too! My photographers had been paid for to be there, so they were able to take all the pictures they pleased). NOW, do notice that ESPECIALLY at Magic Kingdom, they don't want brides taking photos unless they'd paid to do so at dawn before the park opens. They WANT the right to have bridal portraits taken with their own photographers so you pay THEM for that. Does that make sense? I'm in food and beverage at DHS (at the moment... I just got a transfer to DAKL concierge!!!) so I'm not certain about in-park wedding photography... But I know that you can take out-of-park (ie, resorts or DTD) photos with your own photographers. I've seen several local photographers with extensive engagement sessions @ Boardwalk and Grand Floridian, etc. I hope that's helpful If you're looking for a local photographer for your wedding, I used www.LoraRodgers.com and she was fantastic!! She cut me a deal because I was her first cruise bride, so I just paid for her and the second shooter's cruise and the photography was free! I even got full printing rights to those unmarked 1065 photos and she's mailing me a DVD with the images!

Oh, you mentioned something about CM's and discounts? I hear that it's miniscule for WDW Fairytale Weddings, but it's NONEXISTENT for DCL weddings! I paid full price for everything IF I was treated any differently because I am a CM, I was going to have DFTW and my wedding coordinator by the throat, but luckily everything was GORGEOUS and better than I'd expected!

I think the idea for a welcome get together at the FW Campgrounds is so much fun! I've only been to FW once or twice, but it's really cool! Also, if your friends bring kids, the marshmallows and movie (and the space to run amok!) would be a great idea! Plus, we're all just grown-up kids at heart, so your friends should love it too! I also think it's very WISE that you and your DF (is it awesome to call him that now?) are taking a planning trip! I went on a research cruise with my DM and DH about 9 months before the wedding, and the experience was INVALUABLE! Michael told me that he wouldn't have enjoyed the cruise AT ALL if he hadn't taken the time ahead of time to acclimate himself to the ship and all of its activities! It's best not to be on sensory overload from the DISNEY essence on your WEDDING trip! There's enough stress involved in weddings as it is- to be as prepared as possible (as I'm sure you will be! ) should take some of that stress away!

Anyways, very excited to hear more from your plans! I know absolutely NOTHING about Swalphin weddings and I'm very curious to learn more! Thrilled to hear that you're considering a DP at Fantasmic! I've seen so many (sometimes they get in my way when they're setting up ) and I've always wanted an excuse to do one! I'm a total Fantasmic nut, though! I've been working at WDW Fant! on and off for over 4 years now, and I got engaged after DL Fantasmic! and I'm NOT even remotely tired of it! I still like to come as a guest to watch it on a day off now and again!! Yay for you!!
JBeanBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 07:52 PM   #34
celerystalker
Look! I'm yankeepenny!
I can't do without air!
I seriously have a Disney addiction

So far, the swalphin experience has been good.
I've heard back from It's tasty too! (baker that several people used - and she's so cheap!) and Randy Chapman.
I really like his pics, so I'm probably going with him - plus he's very reasonable.
(I love a good bargain!)

Jilian - The marquise is beautiful and I love it - but it's dangerous on the hand of a clumsy person!
Wes woke up yesterday with a cut above his eye. Oops. I must have accidentally hit him in my sleep!
And I almost got a 2 year old at church yesterday.
This is after 1 week - can you imagine how many people I'll hurt for the rest of my life!?!?!

Ah! So you photocopied the dancing people! Brilliant!

I mainly would like a photographer during the dessert party.
Hopefully they won't even pay attention if my friend is taking pics.

Sorry you won't be there for my dessert party - I was kind of hoping you'd help stock the mickey bars for us!
I'm sure we'll have plenty of room if you want to come join us!

I haven't had my ring plated yet. I'm going to wait awhile - I can't find a band that fits snug against it! Grr. And I hate jewelers handling it while I'm looking.
Ha.
I told Wes tonight to imagine how possessive I'd be over a newborn if I don't like taking the ring off my finger!

luvvwl - Thanks for following along!

Marita -
celerystalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:59 PM   #35
JBeanBunny
royal purple pigment

Quote:
Originally Posted by celerystalker View Post
Jilian - The marquise is beautiful and I love it - but it's dangerous on the hand of a clumsy person!
Wes woke up yesterday with a cut above his eye. Oops. I must have accidentally hit him in my sleep!
And I almost got a 2 year old at church yesterday.
This is after 1 week - can you imagine how many people I'll hurt for the rest of my life!?!?!

Ah! So you photocopied the dancing people! Brilliant!

I mainly would like a photographer during the dessert party.
Hopefully they won't even pay attention if my friend is taking pics.

Sorry you won't be there for my dessert party - I was kind of hoping you'd help stock the mickey bars for us!
I'm sure we'll have plenty of room if you want to come join us!
haha, although I'm food & beverage, I've got nothing to do with the Fant! DP's! They have a special events crew who run that operation! I do sell 's though!

If your photographer is just taking pictures of your DP, you've got no problem! That'd be totally fine!

Thanks for warning me about the danger of marquise! Though, I found that I cut myself AND Michael the first few weeks of wearing my diamond, and I have a plain 'ol circle! I think it's just something you get used to over time! I had to have mine resized right after my engagement, so I understand your separation anxiety! Michael's ring is currently getting resized I just want it back already!! Good luck in your wedding band search!
JBeanBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 07:15 PM   #36
celerystalker
Look! I'm yankeepenny!
I can't do without air!

We got our date! Wahooooo!
We're going to be married on 11/16/13 at 11 am at the Crescent Terrace!!!!!
WHeee!

Now to go make the save the dates!
Old 10-23-2012, 07:39 PM   #37
ShanaMouse
Mouseketeer

I am sooooo excited or you!! Now the planning can truly begin
ShanaMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:11 AM   #38
CityGirlLost
DIS Veteran

Hey stalker!

LOVE that TARDIS invite you posted with #10 and Madame du Pompadour! It's AMAZING.

I don't know much about the Cricut mini. I have an Expression and a Gypsy (the handheld Cricut thingee that has all of my cartridges loaded into it). With the Gypsy, for each image, you can "hide" a cut. So let's say you select the Arial you used. You click on the hide button and it brings up the image on the screen and highlights one cut in red. You can either include it or hide it, so when you press the cut button, it doesn't make the cuts you chose to hid. It essentially lets you cut the sharper silhouette without the face and folds in the fabric of her dress or whatever.

Another couple little tips-- make sure you're using a new cutting blade and mat for something like your invitations. Textured cardstock sucks for detailed cutting. You'll always get little tears and ugly bits. Lastly, the thinner the paper, the crisper your cut will be.

Congrats on the official engagement!!!!

Juli & Wayne's Fairy Tale Wedding WP/WHP 11/1/2012 ~Planning Journal
CityGirlLost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 10:01 AM   #39
celerystalker
Look! I'm yankeepenny!
I can't do without air!

Shana - I know! At the rate I'm going, I'll have everything done by new years!

City - The TARDIS invite is the work of JBeanBunny - check out her planning journal - she's another crafter extraordinaire!
Thanks for the cricut tips. I'm slowly learning the craft room tricks - show contour lets me take out parts of the detail lines, so I'll be using that. I'll also buy some new blades - this is a used machine and I think it was only used a couple of times, but a new blade won't hurt.
I'm not sure if I'm going too deep or not - should an outline of the cut show up on the mat?
That poor thing has been cut to death!
And it's not that sticky already - I'm using double sided tape in sections that aren't cut to stabilize it.
I hate the way the hands are cutting - just a bunch of tears! I think it'd be cool to stamp a bouquet and put over that part anyway.
It'll give me another excuse to either use a stamp I have or buy a new one!
Old 10-24-2012, 11:12 AM   #40
CityGirlLost
DIS Veteran

Oh, it sounds like you're cutting way too deep if you're leaving deep marks on your mat. For cardstock, I generally use a blade depth of 4 and high pressure. Still, those tiny little pieces, like the hands, are tough and often tear. The bigger you cut a piece, the easier it is to get the finer details. Like, I wouldn't do any of the Cars cartridge at anything less than 5". It just turns into a big mess.

You can also re-stickify (is that a word?) your mats. I use a baby wipe on mine and rub pretty hard to get all of the lint and paper dust off them. It takes a couple minutes to dry after that. I've also heard of people spraying their mats with repositionable spray adhesive.

Juli & Wayne's Fairy Tale Wedding WP/WHP 11/1/2012 ~Planning Journal
CityGirlLost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 06:30 PM   #41
celerystalker
Look! I'm yankeepenny!
I can't do without air!

Updates
So I started typing this yesterday, but photobucket at work wasn't working, so now I'm posting it!

Erin at Just Marry! is drawing up our contract as I type! Eep!

This makes it very real.
What will make it even more real is the money leaving my bank account!

Confession time – Wes lost his job at the end of September. It is soooooo stress free planning a wedding with only one income!
Dave Ramsey meant for the emergency fund to be used for a wedding deposit, right?
Ha.
On the bright side, Wes is selling some of his stuff his dad left him to raise some funds. Currently he’s selling an old gas pump he refinished – a guy has made an offer for $2000, so hopefully that will be completed soon!

Wes has also catalogued his dad’s G.I. Joe collection and I’m sending the info to a specialty shop to see if they want to buy any of the collection.

Save the Date!
Since our contract is being drawn up, I figured it was time to order the Save the Dates!
I created 3 designs on Vistaprint and asked Wes to choose one.
He chose this one:

The wording on the back is borrowed from CityGirlLost (Juli’s) Save the Dates.

Thanks to CMDbuddy’s post, I got the Living Social Vistaprint deal - $50 worth of merchandise for $10! I ordered 80 Save the Dates (more than I’ll need) and still hadn’t met the $50 – so I ordered two t-shirts as well!

I think Wes will look very fetching in his! Just kidding. I’ll probably wear the extra around the house.
All that for $24 bucks! I love a deal!!!!

Update to the update - Erin sent the contract. Eepeepeep! We're not signing it until Wes is back in town next week.

I also heard back from Disney Event Planning - the menus for Hollywood Studios sound sooooo good!
Old 10-26-2012, 07:11 AM   #42
SeaBreezeBride
Mouseketeer

Love your save the dates and tees! so cute! Gotta love vistaprint!
Old 10-26-2012, 05:53 PM   #43
charliegirl76
Mouseketeer

I love your Save the Dates! They're beautiful!
Old 12-08-2012, 07:25 PM   #44
celerystalker
Look! I'm yankeepenny!
I can't do without air!

Sorry I haven't updated in forever! I blame the disbrides group on Facebook! It's so easy to post something quick there and I put off updating the PJ!
I also blame them for my latest obsession - shopping for wedding dresses!
Several of them have posted pics of themselves trying on REAL wedding dresses - so I decided to go try some on.

Here's the result:

(Sorry for the bad pics - my sister is not the best with my phone! She's good with a camera though - she took the engagement pics I posted earlier)

My mom's favorite because of the train:

My two favorites:

Since spending over $1000 on a dress, plus another few hundred on undergarments and a veil isn't in our budget, I've been searching for similar styles on ebay.

It's become quite an obsession!

In fact, I think I've found THE DRESS, but I haven't won it yet. In the meantime, I bid on a dress - only $49 bucks - I didn't think I'd win it, but I did!
Eep.
I have a veil on the way from China - $6.50 (that includes shipping!) - we'll see if it's usable at all.
I have a longline bra coming from a bride for 15 bucks...
I have a crinoline coming from China for 15....
AND!!! I found my shoes this week at TJ Maxx - they were $15 and will be my "something blue!" I love them!
Old 12-08-2012, 08:13 PM   #45
Backstage_Gal
Let me rephrase the dog stew remark
I broke more than I used

Location: On my couch with my laptop and a glass of wine in Florida

Wow, you have quite the international collection. If you need something old, I still have my wedding dress from Germany for 1970. Just saying....

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: