The Internet's Largest and Friendliest Disney Community WDWinfo.com | DISboards.com | Dreams Unlimited Travel
DISboards
Sheraton Resort Orlando
Beautiful Rooms and Atmosphere

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions > Hotel & Accommodations Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2012, 08:50 AM   #1
kajack
Earning My Ears

Best off property houses?

Last year we stayed at Windsor Hills and loved it. I was wondering if there are any other places we should check into renting a house. I like the gated communities. Maybe something a little less expensive than Windsor Hills?
kajack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:20 AM   #2
4forMe
DIS Veteran

The other gated communities to look at would be Windsor Palms and Emerald Island. They are near Windsor Hills, tend to be older and have less amenities (ie. no pool slide at the main pool). They are definitely less expensive than Windsor Hills.

If you check out Kissimmee homes at vrbo.com, these subdivisions are located in the Kissimmee Central West section (Winsdor Hills is in the Kissimmee West section).

There are other gated communities that use a code rather than having a manned gate. These are Acadia Estates, Formosa Garden Estates and Sunset Lakes. My favorite outside of Windsor Hills is Sunset Lakes. We had friends that stayed there, and I loved it. My DH didn't like it as he thought it was too quiet.
4forMe is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-04-2012, 09:26 AM   #3
EvangelineG
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4forMe View Post
My favorite outside of Windsor Hills is Sunset Lakes. We had friends that stayed there, and I loved it. My DH didn't like it as he thought it was too quiet.
We really loved Sunset Lakes. The quiet was just perfect for us!

Me & DH + DS & DS (both 14)

_
EvangelineG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:31 AM   #4
loveysbydesign
I can pinch a penny so hard you can hear it scream for miles!

We have stayed at WH 3X and also Indian Creek 2X. We really like WH but LOVE Indian Creek(1/2 mile down the road from WH). Love getting a 4 bed./3bath. partially Disney themed pool home with game room for under $1000 for 8 nights!
Here is the guy we rent from, Michel. http://www.houseforrentflorida.net/en/houses.php

We have stayed there twice and will be staying in Dream house in 2 1/2 weeks! http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p169212- listed on homeaway.com
My 5 y.o. always ask to "go home" I tell him "we are home" and he shakes his head and says "No, to our Disney home!" So cute!
Tell him Tracey sent you

May 2006-1st family trip to WDW! Loved Windsor Hills! Total cost including airfare, condo. rental at WH, park tix and rental car =$1800
Nov. 13-22 2007-2nd trip to WDW with Baby Hartley #3-it's a boy!!! Total cost including airfare, condo. rental at WH, park tix and rental car =$2200
May 2009- 3 nights in a 2 bedroom at SSR and then our 1st Disney cruise on the Magic! Total cost for 2 Cat. 12's -upgraded to Cat. 10's=$2900

June 11-20 2010- Our super cheap, surprising the kids, 1st time driving, celebrating Ryan's 3rd birthday trip! Total cost=$950
Nov.12-22, 2010 Took our in-laws along for their 1st trip ever! Stayed at Indian Creek and had a blast!
Oct.10-15, 2011 Crazy Columbus Crowds(did YES program) & cruised on the Dream Oct. 16-20
Oct. 19-29, 2012 Our trip re-do w/the in-laws, swam w/ the manatees & drove home through Sandy!
June 21-30, 2013 Celebrating our 17th anniversary!

Last edited by loveysbydesign; 10-04-2012 at 09:38 AM.
loveysbydesign is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: