Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2012, 08:15 PM   #91
SL30
Earning My Ears

I told her the code soooo many times and she just kept saying uhhuh uhhuh...then after the 20th time she said "what code do you have" and I tell her and then the price drops another $300...wierd!
Old 10-04-2012, 08:57 PM   #92
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SL30 View Post
2 Adults, 2 Children(one will be 3) Don't know original at POP but we were in LM for around $2675 so I am assuming it would be about the same.
Sounds about right - the top you'd get at a value would be $600 and you're right about there.

aaarcher86 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-04-2012, 08:58 PM   #93
Catrin
Taking my Kids - one kid at a time!

Well, an hour and ten minutes later and one very patient Cast Member.... I have finally made up my mind.

We cancelled our POFQ room only and booked POP.

The difference was $400 for five nights....

So.. 2 adults, 1 child.
5 Nights POP Preferred Room
4 Day Basic Park Passes - No Park Hopper
Dining Plan (Upgraded from QS).
$1956.18

I am still trying to decide if this is a good deal for us. I was quoted ROOM ONLY at $508.00. Park tickets are a little over $800. So... not quite sure if we will eat $600 worth of food. We do have CRT booked.. so that is $150 right there. This does allow us to have more of an "experience" for my Daughter's 8th Birthday - whereas we would normally just eat at QS places.

I did not think the POFQ deal was great at all. The room only offer I was given was more than our original AAA discount.

They did have a good POR rate - but not a preferred room. We learned our lesson here as one time we were placed in the furthest building from the center of action and did not enjoy our stay.

Now.. I just have to let my daughter know we will no longer be staying at POFQ.... I don't think this will go over too well, but she is getting dinner in Norway instead!

Catrin
All Star Sports 03
PORT ORLEANS JUNE 05! One on One Trip with Oldest Son
Polynesian - 40th Bday.... 9/06!
Wilderness Lodge - Nov 07
Pop Century - January '10 - One on One Trip with Middle Son
Port Orleans - August '11 - Three days with all three kids before our cruise!
Pop Century- February '13 - Girls Only Birthday Trip with Daughter!
Catrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:16 PM   #94
dtr_angel
You're really cute, but I have no idea what you are saying

I must be the only one not saving with this...

4 adults for 6 nights with park hopper at AOA suite 31xx.xx no dining is what we had

The t64 was $99 more to add QSDP that doesn't make sense how are you all saving?

I called back today ( almost a 2 hr wait) to switch to 2 pop rooms and it was going to be $1500 per room so still not saving anything.

Am I missing something?

Any idea how 4 adults and 1 infant can do this cheaper?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
May 2011 AKL CL Pixie Dust, Pineapples & Plummits - complete
May 2013 AoA Suite We're Late For a Very Important Date - in progress
2014 off site
dtr_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:30 PM   #95
wishing4PA
Wants to be in Pennsylvania or WDW or PA or WDW or ... and stuck smack dab in the middle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtr_angel View Post
4 adults for 6 nights with park hopper at AOA suite 31xx.xx no dining is what we had

The t64 was $99 more to add QSDP that doesn't make sense how are you all saving?
6 nights worth of food for 4 adults for $99 doesn't save anything?

This has been one of my slow days - every time I type on here, my brain catches up about 30 minutes later.
So I'll add the new information from my brain (based on misc. reading the last 24 hours or so...)
I think what is throwing you is that now you are (if I recall) essentially adding on the cost of 6 nights of child-priced QSDP for 4 people. For that you are getting 6 nights of adult QSDP food. That's a lot of meals. (2 meals per night x 4 people x 6 nights.)
This is mostly offset by the % off your room rate (and possibly a tiny bit cheaper ticket - at a child's rate). But AoA's discount is only 15% so you aren't saving as much per night as what you are seeing people save who are getting, for example 30% discounts. Hope that helps.
* 7/2013 (YC with DD), 1/2012 (Poly - me, DD, DN, DN, DSis, thanks! ), 7/2010 (FW - the Poly5+Mom), 2/2009 (DD4 & DH's 1st visit! ASMo), Day trip ~1990, Overnight "Jazz Night" with HS band (1978?), ~10 Day trips in 1970's-80's (E tickets!)
* Disney World Preview Center (1970?) An amusement park here, in the middle of nowhere, far from the beaches, nowhere near anything, even dinky little Orlando? That'll never fly!

Last edited by wishing4PA; 10-05-2012 at 02:01 PM.
wishing4PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:59 PM   #96
dtr_angel

I think I figured it out... I saw all these posts with how much everyone was saving and was confused how I was paying MORE... But you all were including how much the dining plan would cost so I get it now... Sorry new mommy brain. Turns out I'm saving $800 lol

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
2014 off site
Old 10-05-2012, 02:18 PM   #97
dtr_angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishing4PA View Post
6 nights worth of food for 4 adults for $99 doesn't save anything?

This has been one of my slow days - every time I type on here, my brain catches up about 30 minutes later.
So I'll add the new information from my brain (based on misc. reading the last 24 hours or so...)
I think what is throwing you is that now you are (if I recall) essentially adding on the cost of 6 nights of child-priced QSDP for 4 people. For that you are getting 6 nights of adult QSDP food. That's a lot of meals. (2 meals per night x 4 people x 6 nights.)
This is mostly offset by the % off your room rate (and possibly a tiny bit cheaper ticket - at a child's rate). But AoA's discount is only 15% so you aren't saving as much per night as what you are seeing people save who are getting, for example 30% discounts. Hope that helps.
It does, thank you. I was seeing everyone post about how much they were saving and I called and have to pay more? haha. But I didn't already have any dining already added. I just tried to book online what we are getting to see what we are saving and without the discount it would be 4088.88 so we're saving about $800. I wish it was more, but the suite is expensive! We could save a ton and stay in one value room but I think it would be cramped for 4 adults and an infant for 6 days.
2014 off site
Old 10-08-2012, 06:09 PM   #98
ctl
Mouseketeer

Yeah 4 adults in 1 value room is rough

We have put our 2 teens into a value room with us for the last several years. They are very patient, but finally they are like, no we really can't share beds with Mom and Dad any more. So we will not be going as frequently because we just can't afford 2 rooms at the same time. If you can afford the AoA you'll enjoy your vacation so much more. The AoA suites gives you 2 bathrooms and privacy.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:55 AM   #99
mamapajama
Mouseketeer

I just called and the agent told me that there were no Visa discounts available at this time ?????
Poly 1972--Disneyland 1979--ASMu May 1995--ASMu January 1996--CBR May 1997-CBR September1997--CBR April 1998--POFQ July 1999--CSR April 2002 (no kids!)--ASMo November 2003--CBR/ASMo August 2004--Pop October 2004--May 2005 Pop (Star Wars Wknd)--POFQ August 2005--SSR December 2005 (MVMCP)--BWV/BCV August 2006 OKW November 2006--OKW August 2007--SSR October 2007--OKW September 2008 (MNSSHP again!) SSR 8/30-9/8 MNSSHP 3rd time! On Deck:Kidani Village August 2012
mamapajama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:14 AM   #100
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamapajama View Post
I just called and the agent told me that there were no Visa discounts available at this time ?????
That's because this thread is over a month old. It was only a "Visa" offer for a few days. It is now a public offer.
smitch425 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:15 AM   #101
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamapajama View Post
All the Visa pre-release discounts have been released to the general public. Just ask to put one of the broad offers on your reservation if you're looking to add something.

ETA: NINJA'D! lol

aaarcher86 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: