Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Orlando Resorts & Hotels
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2014, 05:26 PM   #1
Voldy
Earning My Ears

Any Changes to Express Pass for On Site Guests?

I just booked one night at Hard Rock for July 10-11. My pre-booking understanding was that we would have early admission and express passes on both our check-in and check-out days. But my confirmation states that we get early admin and express passes on July 10 only.

Does anyone know if Universal has changed its policy regarding the express passes? Or is this what confirmations always look like?

If I only get one day, I would prefer it be on the 11th, not the 10th. Early admin seems like a hassle on check-in day.

TIA for any info!
Voldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 06:56 PM   #2
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voldy View Post
I just booked one night at Hard Rock for July 10-11. My pre-booking understanding was that we would have early admission and express passes on both our check-in and check-out days. But my confirmation states that we get early admin and express passes on July 10 only.

Does anyone know if Universal has changed its policy regarding the express passes? Or is this what confirmations always look like?

If I only get one day, I would prefer it be on the 11th, not the 10th. Early admin seems like a hassle on check-in day.

TIA for any info!
Can you type out exactly what your confirmation says? It makes no sense to have early admission and express passes on a day when you would only be checking in at 4 pm.

This is what the website says:

Q: I realize check-in does not begin until 4:00 PM, but I wanted to use the Universal ExpressSM Unlimited pass to skip the regular lines before that.
A: Please arrive as early as you like the day of check-in and our front desk agent will be happy to pre-register you and assist you with your Universal ExpressSM Unlimited pass. The bellman will hold your luggage while you enjoy the parks.

Q: What days is the FREE Universal ExpressSM Unlimited pass that serve as Express Access to skip the regular lines valid throughout my stay?
A: Your Universal ExpressSM Unlimited pass is valid for Express Access (at participating attractions) from the time issued by the front desk until the Universal Orlando theme parks close, the day of your departure.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-28-2014, 08:15 PM   #3
Voldy
Earning My Ears

Thanks damo!

Here's what the confirmation says:

Quote:
Activities - for 7/10/2014 to 7/11/2014
2-Day Park to Park Ticket

Date - July 10
Price - 2 Adults 3 Juniors

CityWalk Party Pass

Date - July 10
Price - Included with hotel

Early Park Admission

Date - July 10

FREE Universal Express Unlimited ride access

Date - July 10
Now that I read it again, it also lists only July 10 for the 2-day ticket, so maybe I'm being overly paranoid. I looked several places on the website and didn't find a clear answer, but I think the second point you posted clears it up.
Old 03-28-2014, 08:36 PM   #4
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voldy View Post
Thanks damo!

Here's what the confirmation says:

Now that I read it again, it also lists only July 10 for the 2-day ticket, so maybe I'm being overly paranoid. I looked several places on the website and didn't find a clear answer, but I think the second point you posted clears it up.
Did you buy a package? That isn't confirmation directly from the hotel. That looks more like a travel agency itinerary. If you actually go to the Loews website, it is stated very clearly that you get both days.
Old 03-29-2014, 12:38 PM   #5
cschaaf
Earning My Ears

Voldy's itinerary list looks exactly like mine and that is the confirmation directly from Universal.

I asked when I booked and they said the Express Pass was good from day of arrival through day of departure.

Activities - for 6/26/2014 to 6/28/2014
2-Day Park to Park Ticket
Date - June 26
Price - 2 Adults

CityWalk Party Pass CityWalk Party Pass

Date - June 26

Early Park Admission Early Park Admission

Date - June 26

Early Park Admission Early Park Admission

Date - June 26
cschaaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 01:30 PM   #6
johnnyr
DIS Veteran

Now you have me thinking too. I booked my reservation at HRH through Cheaptickets. On the Cheaptickets site it doesn't say anything about early entry or Express Pass. I'm not too concerned about early entry but don't want to get there and find out I only have Express Pass for a portion of my stay. Is there any way to Check a Cheaptickets.com reservation on the Universal site?
johnnyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 02:10 PM   #7
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

You get the EP from the hotel (RPR, HRH, PBH). You check in you get your room keycard and use that to get the EP. It has nothing to do with tickets or how you book. The package info is generic and is not telling the full story. Please don't worry about this.

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently maintaining 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 03:13 PM   #8
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok

Those of you who have booked through Universal with tickets are actually booking through a travel agency and that is just how they are wording their itinerary. There's nothing to worry about. Nothing has changed. It doesn't matter where you book, like bumbershoot said.
Old 03-29-2014, 05:20 PM   #9
Voldy
Earning My Ears

Thanks y'all, I appreciate the reassurance!
Old 03-29-2014, 05:27 PM   #10
johnnyr
DIS Veteran

Thanks! Big sigh of relief.
johnnyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 02:05 AM   #11
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

(I was on my cellphone before and couldn't do my normal links)

And if you guys want to see it in writing...go to loewshotels.com. Find one of the deluxe Universal resorts, go to Hotel Overview and to FAQs in the dropdown.

For example, here for PBH: http://www.loewshotels.com/en/Portof...tel/index/faqs

Quote:
Q: When is Check-in and Check-out?

A: Check-in begins at 4:00 PM and Check-out is at 11:00 AM (There are 3 Check-out options: By Television, Express Check-out or Traditional Check-out available at the Front Desk)

Q: I realize check-in does not begin until 4:00 PM, but I wanted to use the Universal ExpressSM Unlimited pass to skip the regular lines before that.

A: Please arrive as early as you like the day of check-in and our front desk agent will be happy to pre-register you and assist you with your Universal ExpressSM Unlimited pass. The bellman will hold your luggage while you enjoy the parks.

Q: What days is the FREE Universal ExpressSM Unlimited pass that serve as Express Access to skip the regular lines valid throughout my stay?

A: Your Universal ExpressSM Unlimited pass is valid for Express Access (at participating attractions) from the time issued by the front desk until the Universal Orlando theme parks close, the day of your departure.

It says nothing on there about HOW you book.

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently maintaining 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 05:10 AM   #12
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

We just spent one night at RPR this past Friday (March 28th). We had unlimited Express Pass for both Friday and Saturday (check in day and check out day).
aubriee is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: