Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Orlando Resorts & Hotels
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2014, 09:10 AM   #1
ekatiel
DIS Veteran

Worth the $$ Savings to stay 2 different places?

We are planning on a couple of days at Universal the week before Thanksgiving. We have a cruise booked for Thanksgiving week, so we're tacking Universal on to the beginning of the trip. We plan to do 2 days at Universal. I know we can get 2 days of FOTL access and early entry by staying only one night at Royal Pacific. My question is: would it be a complete hassle if we spent our arrival night at a cheap hotel near the park like the Best Western Plus, woke up early and checked in at Royal Pacific before our early entry time, and then went to the parks? Or is it worth the extra $175-$200 to stay at Royal Pacific the night of our arrival and be already checked in and ready to hit the parks the next morning? How does check-in work so early in the AM? And how early would we have to be at Royal Pacific to check in and still make it to the parks before early entry starts? Thanks for any help.
Old 05-22-2014, 09:13 AM   #2
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekatiel View Post
We are planning on a couple of days at Universal the week before Thanksgiving. We have a cruise booked for Thanksgiving week, so we're tacking Universal on to the beginning of the trip. We plan to do 2 days at Universal. I know we can get 2 days of FOTL access and early entry by staying only one night at Royal Pacific. My question is: would it be a complete hassle if we spent our arrival night at a cheap hotel near the park like the Best Western Plus, woke up early and checked in at Royal Pacific before our early entry time, and then went to the parks? Or is it worth the extra $175-$200 to stay at Royal Pacific the night of our arrival and be already checked in and ready to hit the parks the next morning? How does check-in work so early in the AM? And how early would we have to be at Royal Pacific to check in and still make it to the parks before early entry starts? Thanks for any help.
If you are going to do that, I'd stay at Cabana Bay because at least then early admission is included and you can go do it and then come back and check out of Cabana Bay and into Royal Pacific.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 10:08 AM   #3
ekatiel
DIS Veteran

Thinking of buying one AP and then doing the two nights at Royal Pacific. Off to post some APH questions!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: