Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board > Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2012, 12:19 PM   #16
tigger17
DIS Veteran

so pleased you started a trip report elsie has grown up so much cant wait for more xxx
tigger17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:08 PM   #17
figaro2
Mouseketeer

Another great post, shame about cafe mickey though! It's not filling me with hope for our november res! I haven't been in years last time I went was about 6 years ago!
figaro2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-04-2012, 07:24 PM   #18
Laura678
Mouseketeer

I went to cafe Mickey in June and it will be the last time until I have my own kids! The atmosphere is gone and the reduced menu is poor. If rather go to a table service restaurant and enjoy myself in nicer surroundings!
Out of curiosity did you have to pay for the extra garlic bread and pizza?
I love Elsie's Minnie dress! Can't wait to read more!x

DLP Castmember March 2014 - April 2014
Laura678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 02:55 AM   #19
tinkerbells mum
DIS Veteran

Elsie looks so cute dressed as Minnie! Such a shame you didn't have a great time at Cafe Mickey. Looking forward to reading the rest xx
May 1989 WDW, off site April 1998 DLRP, Sequoia LodgeDec 2005 DLRP, Santa Fe Feb 2009, HNY June 2009 DLRP Cheyenne April 2011 WDW, POFQ Feb 2012 DLRP, Cheyenne April 2013 WDW POFQ Aug 2013 DLRP Kyraid, planning Easter 2015 at POFQMe DD (Tigger 17) Mushu

tinkerbells mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 01:08 PM   #20
tinks_1989
need a like button

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
Luvin the updates
Thank you about to upload another one hopefully.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigger17 View Post
so pleased you started a trip report elsie has grown up so much cant wait for more xxx
I know my little girl is a little lady now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by figaro2 View Post
Another great post, shame about cafe mickey though! It's not filling me with hope for our november res! I haven't been in years last time I went was about 6 years ago!
I think we were just really unlucky we have been 3 times before and had wonderful meals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura678 View Post
I went to cafe Mickey in June and it will be the last time until I have my own kids! The atmosphere is gone and the reduced menu is poor. If rather go to a table service restaurant and enjoy myself in nicer surroundings!
Out of curiosity did you have to pay for the extra garlic bread and pizza?
I love Elsie's Minnie dress! Can't wait to read more!x
I agree there are much nicer table service meals in Disneyland Paris.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbells mum View Post
Elsie looks so cute dressed as Minnie! Such a shame you didn't have a great time at Cafe Mickey. Looking forward to reading the rest xx
Hi glad to have you on board
tinks_1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 01:17 PM   #21
tinks_1989
need a like button

Day 3 part 1

Woke about 7.40 again, slept a lot better apparently I was hogging all the duvet yet I got up in the night and put my hoody on so our little madam must of had it all!

The weather was still really poor this morning so we decided we would have a swim or more like splash in the pool instead of hitting the very wet park this morning.

Dont have a single photo from our swim!

We had a great time Elsie loved the water when we led her on her front she kicked her legs and swung her arms around she loved it!

After our swim we popped in the shop for a few bits to eat. It started to rain again so we were glad we did drive the short journey to the pool!

Back at the cabin Dave and Elsie had a nap, I had a shower and mum and dad watched some awful tv Dr Who being one show I remember them watching! (sorry I am not a fan)

Every one was up washed and dressed and ready to head back to Disney at about 2.30

Last edited by tinks_1989; 10-06-2012 at 02:38 PM.
Old 10-06-2012, 02:37 PM   #22
tinks_1989
need a like button

Day 3 part 2

The weather still wasn't great I was praying for it to stop raining as this would be our last chance to see Dreams.

Having not been in the Studios park yet we decided we would have a look round here. There really isn't much for us to do here I mean this shows are great we love Stitch live but having such limited viewing I don't feel like there is anything to keep us in the park!

Elsie just loved the huge Buzz at the entrance to Toy story playland!

and Rex we watch Toy Story every day! All 3! Elsie roars at Rex and she loved roaring at this huge one!

The rides had a 20 minute wait and Elsie just wasnt in the mood for waiting so we carried on to the shops.

We bought the Woody Duffy outfit and Elsie a Buzz hoody for christmas.

After a wander around we made our way in to the main park Elsie was ohhing and ahhing at all the windows but dad was too hungry to stop so Dad and I carried on to Casey's to get something small for us all to eat.

After Casey's we took the short cut through to Frontierland. I love all the Halloween decorations here they were brilliant.

We had a quick ride on Pirates of the Caribbean and I won't go in to it but I do have to say I HATE FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY ON DARK RIDES

It was poring down when we go out but we carried on. We had a look round the Christmas shop under the castle. It surprises me how much non Christmas products are in here as there is Christmas products every where.

The rain had stopped and it was almost time for the parade so we went and got a spot near the entrance to the Rail road as we had to get out for our reservation at 6.

The sun come out whilst we were waiting and it was lovely! Elsie didnt want to wait though.

Look there it is Elsie

And as the first float arrived so did the rain Oh rain go away!

I love the song I know it is repetitive but its so magical!

This was as close as we would get to seeing a princess this trip.

After the parade we made our way over to the Disneyland hotel.
Old 10-07-2012, 04:39 PM   #23
princess_ariel_85
DIS Veteran

Just read and caught up with your TR.

I love Elsie's name for her Grandy. Nana Dad.

Totally sucks about the cabin, not sure it 'being unfair on other guests' is a valid reason not to change you. It's not like you asked them to tell the world is it?

Love the pics of Elsie on Main St, so cute. The Minnie outfit is brilliant.

I agree the hats in World of Disney are good. I can't pull them off either, no matter how many times I try them on.

Awww. I'm sorry Elsie's experience with Minnie wasn't what you hoped for, glad Mickey was better. What crazy service you had tho, all them extra items of food.

Elsie roaring at rex is too cute

Can't wait to read more xx
Old 10-07-2012, 04:43 PM   #24
kizzabel
Eating poisonous apples since '86

Im sorry Im late only catching up now! How gorgeous is Miss Elsie and shes gotten so grown up!

Looking forward to reading more and after reading your Highs and Lows I was so sad to hear it didnt live up to what you expected but I bet going back over it all to do your TR makes it seem better now?

We had a disasterous trip two years ago but once we thought back on it it was still really enjoyable and I had twisted my ankle on Buzz but it meant myself and my best friend spent time soaking in the atmosphere and having a right good natter.
We also had a bad time at Cafe Mickey on our last family trip and it still surprises me how terrible their customer service, food quality and character interaction can be.

Cant wait to read more

Previous Trips:
2010: Santa Fe - March ** Newport - May 2011: Cheyenne - March ** Sequoia Lodge - November 2012: Hotel New York - May - Honeymoon ** Dream Castle - October 2013: Hotel New York - January ** Santa Fe - October 2014: Disneyland Hotel - May

Upcoming Trips:
2014: Disneyland Hotel - November 2015 Kyriad/Newport - March
kizzabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:26 PM   #25
tinks_1989
need a like button

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess_ariel_85 View Post
Just read and caught up with your TR.

I love Elsie's name for her Grandy. Nana Dad.

Totally sucks about the cabin, not sure it 'being unfair on other guests' is a valid reason not to change you. It's not like you asked them to tell the world is it?

Love the pics of Elsie on Main St, so cute. The Minnie outfit is brilliant.

I agree the hats in World of Disney are good. I can't pull them off either, no matter how many times I try them on.

Awww. I'm sorry Elsie's experience with Minnie wasn't what you hoped for, glad Mickey was better. What crazy service you had tho, all them extra items of food.

Elsie roaring at rex is too cute

Can't wait to read more xx
She screams Nana Dad she loves him!

She loves her roraring at Rex we are learning Animal Noises and names at the moment we say to her "what does a monkey do?" and then we ask "what does Rex do?" lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kizzabel View Post
Im sorry Im late only catching up now! How gorgeous is Miss Elsie and shes gotten so grown up!

Looking forward to reading more and after reading your Highs and Lows I was so sad to hear it didnt live up to what you expected but I bet going back over it all to do your TR makes it seem better now?

We had a disasterous trip two years ago but once we thought back on it it was still really enjoyable and I had twisted my ankle on Buzz but it meant myself and my best friend spent time soaking in the atmosphere and having a right good natter.
We also had a bad time at Cafe Mickey on our last family trip and it still surprises me how terrible their customer service, food quality and character interaction can be.

Cant wait to read more
I had to get on to doing a TR I have a note book where I have wrote a diary for Elsie for all her trips so she can read them when she is older so I thought I would write my TR as well!
Old 10-09-2012, 04:08 PM   #26
tinks_1989
need a like button

Day 3 part 3

Where was I?

... Ah yes the parade had just finished and we were on our way to DLH for mum and dads surprise!

First stop Fantasia bar for a cocktail each and a very rare cuddle from Elsie

We had booked a table at Inventions for 6pm so we were waiting for the doors to open from the bar. What time do they open the doors for the line of people waiting with a 6 o'clock reservation? Oh yes 6.05

We are shown to the room on your right I asked for the table in the window and yes we were aloud to sit there

Great view

There was a bit of a theme with the characters tonight

Sheriff of Nottingham

Robin Hood

Friar Tuck

We also saw

Elsie picking her nose

Suzy and Perla

and Goofy but don't have any good photo's with Goofy!

I had seen Mickey in the main room so we waited and waited paid and waited still no Mickey we couldn't wait any longer as we all needed toilet/change before we went and got a spot for Dreams.

So disappointed we didnt see him!

We decided to stay to the side of in case we needed to make a quick get away due to weather or Elsie not liking the noise! Who knows with a one year old! So we were near Plaza Gardens fountain!

It was an OK spot we coudnt see the centre of the castle but it was good enough for us! Oh I did see some one letting their little boy wee on the grass behind the selling cart! Disgusting!

We waited for the majority to file out and soon followed down the arcade!

Such a nightmare on the way out that you have to walk round so far! Sure if you are staying on an onsite hotel and just walking it probably doesn't make much difference but having to walk all the way round then to the car park was quiet a walk with carrying a tired little lady!

Back to lodge for a hot chocolate and ready for bed! Dreaming of better character interaction at our last meal!
Old 10-09-2012, 06:46 PM   #27
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

Why would you let your child wee in the grass in a Disney park. People are so weird!
petals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 01:26 AM   #28
tinks_1989
need a like button

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals
Why would you let your child wee in the grass in a Disney park. People are so weird!
I know it's disgusting in front of all those people waiting for dreams as well :/
Old 10-10-2012, 02:33 PM   #29
tinkerbells mum
DIS Veteran

Oh such a shame you didn't get to meet Mickey. Glad Elsie wasn't scared by the fireworks though so you got to watch them xx
May 1989 WDW, off site April 1998 DLRP, Sequoia LodgeDec 2005 DLRP, Santa Fe Feb 2009, HNY June 2009 DLRP Cheyenne April 2011 WDW, POFQ Feb 2012 DLRP, Cheyenne April 2013 WDW POFQ Aug 2013 DLRP Kyraid, planning Easter 2015 at POFQMe DD (Tigger 17) Mushu

tinkerbells mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:44 PM   #30
Mum to Belle
Thinks she may know someone who has a planner

That photo of Elsie in the ear muffs is just too cute!!

We had a similar Mickeyless visit to Inventions, although he showed up just as we were leaving (3 hours after we arrived!) and with a very observant 5 year old there was no way we were going to make it out without saying hello, so we all took our coats off & sat back down again...!! Very frustrating isn't it?

Hoping the next character meal brings better news....

oh yes, and eeuuuuugggghhhh rain
Mum to Belle is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: