Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-19-2012, 06:01 AM   #76
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Great update. That's a nice afternoon at AK and the PP pictures are fantastic.
Your meal at Yak and Yeti looks delicious.

But that is a "bum-mer" about the whistling toilet. That would have annoyed the ...er....well....that brown stuff....out of me!

(And you can tell Jared that I appreciated the Dung doo-doo poster!! )

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
Old 10-19-2012, 07:15 PM   #77
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

What great pictures of the meerkats! We didn't see them, they stayed hidden. We did get to see a great deal of the gorillas!

I like the hall rug, anything beachy gets my attention!
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-20-2012, 05:14 PM   #78
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Good for bus mojo. BC can be hit or miss that way.

A nice quick dip into AK for a nice afternoon and dinner.

Yak & Yeti still on the list for next time.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL
Can't wait to go back
Old 10-21-2012, 07:30 AM   #79
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Great update, Michelle.

Love your afternoon at AK--I really love that park. How was your meal at Yak & Yeti? I've read some really bad reviews lately, but really want to go back becasue we so thoroughly enjoyed in four years ago.

The photopass pictures are great (Jared is just so darn cute).

The photos around the Beach Club are wonderful (that is my dream resort to try). Love the hidden mickeys in the carpet.
We enjoyed Yak & Yeti, the appy and dessert are worth going for all on their own, but my entree was good and while Jared said he had had better bourbon chicken, he still liked it and cleaned his plate!

Thanks, I think Jared is pretty cute myself, but I'm biased

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren_elizabeth View Post
Loving your trip report so far! The Beach Club is gorgeous and yall had an awesome view! That stinks that balcony wasn't huge, but who cares when you're in Disney, right?

Those fried green beans at Yak & Yeti look delicious! Tell Jared that I like his picture of the chocolate cake!
Thank you! We didn't spend a ton of time in the room anyway, so the tiny balcony really wasn't that big of a deal

They were delicious! The green beans tasted fresh and the batter was very light, I could have just eaten those and the wontons and been a happy camper!

Other than being off center, Jared's picture of the cake wasn't terrible, he some later in the week that left a lot to be desired. I'm afraid I deleted them all though and I wish I hadn't - would have been funny to share with you all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
What a great way to start my Friday - Animal Kingdom and Beach Club! I am hoping to get into Yak & Yeti as a walk-up at some point during the March trip. I think my friend, Kay, will like it, and Jill doesn't really care anything about that restaurant, so I wouldn't be 'cheating' on her by doing something new without her. I want to try the green beans and cream cheese wontons I have heard so much about, but I am undecided about the entree. I am a grazer and not a big meal eater, so those two things alone would be enough for a meal, I think.

I'm with your mom on Everest. I felt like I took a beating, too. I do want to go through the regular queue sometime to get pictures. When I rode, I did FP and walked on with no pictures.

Thanks for the nice update!
I would bet you could get in Y&Y as a walk up. They were not very busy when we went. The green beans & the wontons probably would've been enough for me if I hadn't shared them

I wanted to get some pictures of the Everest queue this time, but when we went through the regular line on our next time at AK there was never a wait and Jared wouldn't let me stop for photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Great update. That's a nice afternoon at AK and the PP pictures are fantastic.
Your meal at Yak and Yeti looks delicious.

But that is a "bum-mer" about the whistling toilet. That would have annoyed the ...er....well....that brown stuff....out of me!

(And you can tell Jared that I appreciated the Dung doo-doo poster!! )
AK was a nice way to start the trip, just a few hours to get that Disney fix but since they close early there wasn't the pull to stay late so we were able to get back to the resort at a good time, unpack and get a good night's sleep before hitting the parks hard the next day!

The toilet was very irritating! We told them about it before we checked out, I sure hope it was something that could be fixed before the next guest arrived and had to deal with it too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
What great pictures of the meerkats! We didn't see them, they stayed hidden. We did get to see a great deal of the gorillas!

I like the hall rug, anything beachy gets my attention!
We saw the meerkats on both our trips to AK this time, and thankfully were able to see the gorillas later in the week.

I like 'beachy' things too, just makes me feel like I'm on vacation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Good for bus mojo. BC can be hit or miss that way.

A nice quick dip into AK for a nice afternoon and dinner.

Yak & Yeti still on the list for next time.
I had read some bad things about the BC bus service, but I have to say, we had the best service of any trip I've ever taken.

Yep, a quick stop just for a meal a little Disney fix, it was perfect for our first day

Funny how no matter how many trips we take, we still have that list for 'next time'. My brother just went to Disney for his first trip and he told me that he was on a mission to see it all in one week, I just laughed at him! He called me yesterday when they were on their way home and told me he was pretty sure that they only scratched the surface....
Old 10-21-2012, 09:16 AM   #80
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

A wonderful evening and dinner. As you know, I seem to have a thing about certain objects and take a zillion pictures too. And one usually is the tree of life as well. But really? Can you have too many pictures of it? No you can not!
Old 10-21-2012, 10:04 AM   #81
hmmr308
Earning My Ears

I loved the beach club when I stayed there! The pool is amazing!!
Old 10-21-2012, 11:14 AM   #82
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

AK is always a great choice for first park.

I'm sure Jared was thrilled that you pre-purchased the PP CD and had to get an exorbitant amount of photos taken. Most of the guys on my trips are too.

Hey, that's my favorite sign at ITTBAB too.....

Oh no....you're never too old for pictures with characters!

You are correct, there is no such thing as too many pictures of Everest.

Next time I go to Yak and Yeti I want to try the fried green beans too! They look great.

Other than the fried green beans, you guys basically duplicated my BFF's and my meal there in January.
Old 10-21-2012, 07:52 PM   #83
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

I think the Animal Kingdom is such an underrated park... I really love it there and I think it has so much potential...(non Avatar potential...Your pictures are lovely...

I love Yak and Yeti... I'm such a nerd but I feel like I'm in an Indiana Jones movie in there...

I love that your mom got a cocktail and rode Everest... she's a fun mom!
Old 10-21-2012, 09:10 PM   #84
alwayspooh
Mouseketeer

It sounds like you had a great day at AK. I have never been able to see the hippo up close. The something always happens to me, but I seem to get the back side of the hippo in pics. That was a great up close shot.

Yak and Yeti food pics look good. How was your Tempura Shrimp? The fried wontons look so yummy and so does the chocolate cake. I have heard the fried green beans are good and that is already added to my must try list.

Can't wait to hear more!
2001 - CSR (DD 1st trip)
2003 - PC W/MOM
2004 - CSR
2007 - ASMU (DD #2 first Disney vacation)
2008 - 1 DAY MAGIC KINGDOM FIX

Me DD12 DD7

Old 10-22-2012, 09:04 AM   #85
jeremysdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Great update!!! Great pictures from the AK. Love that place. It is such a well-themed park.

Jared is like Jeremy---pictures are not that fun anymore!!! I already told him that he didn't have to see characters this trip but I was getting pictures with them whether he did or not. I have paid for photopass CD as well and I want to get my money's worth.

Yak & Yeti looks delicious. I keep forgetting about that place. Those wontons look amazing.

So glad your mom liked Expedition Everest.

Old 10-22-2012, 11:46 AM   #86
2Tiggers
DIS Veteran

Sounds fun, Michele!

We have Yak & Yeti on the list for our next trip and I can't wait to try it! I really like AK park as well. We only go for one day when we go but I would never not go. We just make sure we get all our touring done for that park on one day. I happen to love It's tough to be a bug and Dinosaur!! Out of our whole family that is my favorite ride at AK. The rest of them like EE. Oh, and I just love the characters in their safari clothes! It's just so darn adorable!!

Oh and congrats on scoring the AOA resort reservation! Love it when things work out!

Can't wait to read more...
Old 10-23-2012, 02:16 PM   #87
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
A wonderful evening and dinner. As you know, I seem to have a thing about certain objects and take a zillion pictures too. And one usually is the tree of life as well. But really? Can you have too many pictures of it? No you can not!
There are many things at WDW that I can't seem to have enough pictures of......

Glad I am not alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmmr308 View Post
I loved the beach club when I stayed there! The pool is amazing!!
It really is! Like a mini water park!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
AK is always a great choice for first park.

I'm sure Jared was thrilled that you pre-purchased the PP CD and had to get an exorbitant amount of photos taken. Most of the guys on my trips are too.

Hey, that's my favorite sign at ITTBAB too.....

Oh no....you're never too old for pictures with characters!

You are correct, there is no such thing as too many pictures of Everest.

Next time I go to Yak and Yeti I want to try the fried green beans too! They look great.

Other than the fried green beans, you guys basically duplicated my BFF's and my meal there in January.
Yep, he absolutely loves stopping for PP pictures

Too funny about the sign, I normally have to take his picture by the big ball of dung inside too, but I got lucky this time as a show was starting right when we got there

I will go ahead and tell you, he did lighten up on the no pictures with characters thing, which made me very happy!

Yes, try the fried green beans, they are really good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
I think the Animal Kingdom is such an underrated park... I really love it there and I think it has so much potential...(non Avatar potential...Your pictures are lovely...

I love Yak and Yeti... I'm such a nerd but I feel like I'm in an Indiana Jones movie in there...

I love that your mom got a cocktail and rode Everest... she's a fun mom!
Ugggg, don't get me started on Avatarland! My brother, a Disney novice, was asking me about it the other day, telling me how cool he thought it could be. Blech! I hope the 'creative differences' that have the project on hold right now keep it from being built period!

Oh my gosh! I never thought of it, but Y&Y does totally have an Indiana Jones vibe!

Yep, mom is pretty fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwayspooh View Post
It sounds like you had a great day at AK. I have never been able to see the hippo up close. The something always happens to me, but I seem to get the back side of the hippo in pics. That was a great up close shot.

Yak and Yeti food pics look good. How was your Tempura Shrimp? The fried wontons look so yummy and so does the chocolate cake. I have heard the fried green beans are good and that is already added to my must try list.

Can't wait to hear more!
Most of the time I have trouble even finding the hippo the water, let alone have it right up next to the glass, it was pretty cool!

I have an tendancy to get a few back side photos myself....

The Tempura Shrimp was good. This was the second time I've had it and I have no complaints!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremysdisneymom View Post
Great update!!! Great pictures from the AK. Love that place. It is such a well-themed park.

Jared is like Jeremy---pictures are not that fun anymore!!! I already told him that he didn't have to see characters this trip but I was getting pictures with them whether he did or not. I have paid for photopass CD as well and I want to get my money's worth.

Yak & Yeti looks delicious. I keep forgetting about that place. Those wontons look amazing.

So glad your mom liked Expedition Everest.
AK is such an easy park to photograph, so many great things to look at there!

Jared did lighten up with the character photos, he would deny it, but I think he actually got into it towards the end of the trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Tiggers View Post
Sounds fun, Michele!

We have Yak & Yeti on the list for our next trip and I can't wait to try it! I really like AK park as well. We only go for one day when we go but I would never not go. We just make sure we get all our touring done for that park on one day. I happen to love It's tough to be a bug and Dinosaur!! Out of our whole family that is my favorite ride at AK. The rest of them like EE. Oh, and I just love the characters in their safari clothes! It's just so darn adorable!!

Oh and congrats on scoring the AOA resort reservation! Love it when things work out!

Can't wait to read more...
I try and get at least a day and a half at AK each trip. We had to cut it from our plans last year when I went for F&W and I really missed it!

I can take or leave Dinosaur, I rode it for Jared mostly, but I love ITTBAB and EE!

I'm excited to stay at AoA! I'm sure I'll have about a thousand pictures of the resort when I get back!
Old 10-23-2012, 06:00 PM   #88
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Oh I love those green beans! My kids thought that all restaurants should offer then instead of fries. Wouldn't that be great!

Some nice photo pass pics already on day one! Well done. Yuck on the noisy toilet. We had a "whirring" noise in our BWV room that you really only noticed at bedtime but wasn't enough to do anything about.

Jeff made a valid point last night. There was probably a DVD in the player and it kept trying to play it, but the TV was off. Of course I didn't even think to check and see if anything was in there!
Old 10-24-2012, 11:49 AM   #89
reyasmommy
DIS Veteran

Hello!

I remember you and your beautiful family from your Disneyland/California TR years ago. It's so fun to see how past TR/PTR friends have changed and how their families have grown. Since my Disneyland TR back in 2008 I've had a little boy and Reya has HAIR and just started the first grade.

Anyway.... I love your TR thus far... It's making me super excited for our trip in a couple of weeks. I can't wait to read more and too see your lovely pictures.

Last edited by reyasmommy; 10-24-2012 at 12:01 PM.
Old 10-24-2012, 04:49 PM   #90
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Oh I love those green beans! My kids thought that all restaurants should offer then instead of fries. Wouldn't that be great!

Some nice photo pass pics already on day one! Well done. Yuck on the noisy toilet. We had a "whirring" noise in our BWV room that you really only noticed at bedtime but wasn't enough to do anything about.

Jeff made a valid point last night. There was probably a DVD in the player and it kept trying to play it, but the TV was off. Of course I didn't even think to check and see if anything was in there!
We should get a petition going for the fried green beans instead of fries! My kids would be all over that too!

Photopass pics go down hill from here Actually, there are a few good ones, but more not so good, than good.

Hmmm, Jeff might be on to something with the DVD. Would've been nice if he had been along to share that insight though, huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyasmommy View Post
Hello!

I remember you and your beautiful family from your Disneyland/California TR years ago. It's so fun to see how past TR/PTR friends have changed and how their families have grown. Since my Disneyland TR back in 2008 I've had a little boy and Reya has HAIR and just started the first grade.

Anyway.... I love your TR thus far... It's making me super excited for our trip in a couple of weeks. I can't wait to read more and too see your lovely pictures.
Well hey there stranger!

Hard to believe Reya is in the 1st grade already! Time sure does fly.

Yay for trip in 2 weeks I still can't believe I'm leaving for Disney again in just 46 days!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: