Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2012, 04:48 AM   #61
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post

My lamp! I am finally getting to stay at Beach Club in March. If I 'borrow' the lamp, the next people to come can just open the curtains when they need light, right?

Quote:

Nice!!!
Too bad the balcony was not good for sitting. This would have been a nice view to enjoy in the evening.

Best of everything to Justin as he goes through this basketball season!
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 10-15-2012, 11:26 AM   #62
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
All caught up and yes pulling up and having the CM walk you i while you sniff the lobby- ( wait that is me ) is great.

I can't wait to do that on Sunday - Sat will be at POP so I can walk over to AoA
I loved the personal attention you get at the deluxe resorts, but I guess for as much as we are paying to stay there, we should get that kind of attention!

Yes, yes, it was you who sniffed the lobby, but I'm not going to say that I didn't take a little sniff too

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHTeacher View Post
Glad to have finally made it over to your trip report.

Good to hear you loved the Beach Club...I had a feeling you would! Lucky girl for getting a trip again in December-even if it is a working trip!
Hey Michelle!

It's kind of hard not to love the Beach Club, the lobby can be a little congested at times, but outside of that, what's not to love?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
I'm back and caught up!

Jill in CO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDoc5 View Post
To answer you question about PT:

I love being a PT and it's a great career for men and woman. I got into it as a patient myself, I had several knee surgeries as a result of my athletic career in high school and had to have PT. I went into it thinking sports med, but ended up specializing (most PT's are specialized like doctors) in rehab (post spinal cord injury, head injury, prosthetics, stroke rehab), acute care (post surgical, inpatient care, joint replacements), and some home care. I really don't like sports medicine because it seems repetitive to me, another knee, another elbow, but that's what is nice about PT, you can focus on your interests and get a job at the drop of a hat. I have taken the last 3 years off to be a stay at home mom (of course then the Disney TA thing took off and I do better with that then PT at the moment!), but it's been a nice break from medicine after 12 years. I miss patient care and co-workers, I don't miss the health care systems, regulations, administrators, etc. Have your son spend lots of time shadowing PT's to get a real idea of what it is about. You basically get a pre-med degree before grad school that requires strong grades in the sciences. Let me know if you have any other questions, if you were closer I could help with the shadowing, but that's not going to work!
Thank you so much for response! Justin's favorite subject is math, but he has never really taken to science When he first told me he was interested in PT, I told him it would be a lot of science, he just shook his head and said "well I guess I better learn to like science"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytocalliesue View Post
No!! That is one time I've never been....and I'm really thinking of going next October. It won't be as long of a trip as we're used to...but I'm hoping for lower crowds so we'd be able to do as much!! We'd fly out Oct. 12 and come back the 18th...and it would probably just be me and the kids. But Carson will almost be 4...and should be tall enough to do almost everything...hopefully! I'd just have to take my 3 personal days...and pull Callie out of school for 3 days...but I think it would be so worth it!! And we'd probably stay at the new Art of Animation hotel....which I know they'd love!!! Thanks for advice!!
October is more crowded than September, but it's not as bad as the summer months. I'm planning on next October too, can't miss Food & Wine two years in a row!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
My lamp! I am finally getting to stay at Beach Club in March. If I 'borrow' the lamp, the next people to come can just open the curtains when they need light, right?

Nice!!!
Too bad the balcony was not good for sitting. This would have been a nice view to enjoy in the evening.

Best of everything to Justin as he goes through this basketball season!
Hi MeMom! Welcome home!

There are plenty of lamps in the room, I'm sure they wouldn't miss that one

Yeah, would have been nice to sit out there in the evening, but those lounge chairs on the beach are pretty nice for that too
Register to remove

Old 10-15-2012, 06:34 PM   #63
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

Ok, I'm working on an update, not sure if I'll get it up tonight or not, so I had to share this little bit of news!

When I initially made my reservation for the nights prior to the AEP in December I was hoping for a Little Mermaid Room at Art of Animation. None were available, so I just took Pop instead. I've been checking back, and tonight when I punched it in, it came up available! I grabbed the phone right away and called Disney to get my reservation changed over. It's going to cost me an extra $79, but I'm so excited to stay at AoA!!!
Old 10-15-2012, 06:42 PM   #64
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
Ok, I'm working on an update, not sure if I'll get it up tonight or not, so I had to share this little bit of news!

When I initially made my reservation for the nights prior to the AEP in December I was hoping for a Little Mermaid Room at Art of Animation. None were available, so I just took Pop instead. I've been checking back, and tonight when I punched it in, it came up available! I grabbed the phone right away and called Disney to get my reservation changed over. It's going to cost me an extra $79, but I'm so excited to stay at AoA!!!
Glad you were able to switch and get what you wanted.
Old 10-15-2012, 07:37 PM   #65
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

Hey Michelle,

Subbing on! I have a trip coming up the end of November and we'll be staying at the Beach Club too... so I'm excited to see all those pictures...

Similarly to you, my oldest -my daughter is a senior in High School and has a variety of commitments, that she feels she can't miss during our trip...so this will be our first trip without her...but it should be a great experience for my son... no sibling compromising and all the attention...

My DH while not a Dis Grump is probably not quite at my Dis lunacy level...

How lovely to have your mom with you! Now my in laws? They would be my Dis group twins...
Old 10-16-2012, 12:15 PM   #66
jeremysdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Yay for AoA. Can't wait to see your pictures. You are going to have so much fun!!!

Congrats for Justin!!! How exciting.

Never imagined those balconies would be so small. Wow!!!

I think Disney pixie dust is flying around the boards today. You get AoA. I now have 4 nights at the Beach Club in November and got O'hana's for Thanksgiving dinner. Lucky day for us all!!!

Old 10-17-2012, 11:53 AM   #67
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Yay for arrival. I love the balcony...so spacious!

I am so happy you got AoA. I am staying 3 nights in Nov and I can't wait to check it out.
Old 10-17-2012, 12:20 PM   #68
xDisneyAngelx
"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, Your party from Saturn has arrived please give them a ring"

Wow!! Such an amazing room. I really love the decor and the view from the balcony. I never stayed there before but by the pics it makes me want to lol. I can't wait to hear all about your trip :-) I am hoping it went great.

*See You Real Soon*
Old 10-18-2012, 08:34 PM   #69
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Glad you were able to switch and get what you wanted.
Me too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
Hey Michelle,

Subbing on! I have a trip coming up the end of November and we'll be staying at the Beach Club too... so I'm excited to see all those pictures...

Similarly to you, my oldest -my daughter is a senior in High School and has a variety of commitments, that she feels she can't miss during our trip...so this will be our first trip without her...but it should be a great experience for my son... no sibling compromising and all the attention...

My DH while not a Dis Grump is probably not quite at my Dis lunacy level...

How lovely to have your mom with you! Now my in laws? They would be my Dis group twins...
Hey there!

You'll love the Beach Club. The resort is lovely, SAB rocks, we loved Beaches & Cream and Cape May Cafe, and the location can't be beat!

Jared loved being the center of attention all week, not only did he have my undivided attention, but he had Mom's too!

Uggggg, I would stay home before I would travel with my in-laws and I am not even joking......

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremysdisneymom View Post
Yay for AoA. Can't wait to see your pictures. You are going to have so much fun!!!

Congrats for Justin!!! How exciting.

Never imagined those balconies would be so small. Wow!!!

I think Disney pixie dust is flying around the boards today. You get AoA. I now have 4 nights at the Beach Club in November and got O'hana's for Thanksgiving dinner. Lucky day for us all!!!
You can bet I will be taking tons of pictures at AoA!

Those balconies look small from the sidewalk, but not as small as they actually are, I was a bit surprised.

Congrats on getting BC for your November trip AND for your 'Ohana ADR! You must be living right

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Yay for arrival. I love the balcony...so spacious!

I am so happy you got AoA. I am staying 3 nights in Nov and I can't wait to check it out.
Plenty of room to veg out

I never thought I would be excited to stay at a value resort, but I'm pretty pumped about AoA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDisneyAngelx View Post
Wow!! Such an amazing room. I really love the decor and the view from the balcony. I never stayed there before but by the pics it makes me want to lol. I can't wait to hear all about your trip :-) I am hoping it went great.

*See You Real Soon*
Hey there! Yeah, the room was really nice, very spacious, which made up for the not so spacious balcony
Old 10-18-2012, 08:50 PM   #70
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

I have to apologize because the pictures are huge again! I thought I got it fixed, but I guess not.....

Day 1, Saturday September 1st Continued

When I last left you we had gotten checked into our room at the Beach Club, checked out our digs for the next 8 nights, and were headed to our first park, which we had decided would be Animal Kingdom.

We made our way down to the bus stop and as luck would have it there was an AK bus just waiting for us! This was the start of some really great bus luck, we waited very little all week long.

Before long we were posing in front of this sign

Being as it was late afternoon there were very few people entering the park so we got through bag check quickly. Then I made everyone stop for photopass pictures. I had pre-purchased the CD, so I was determined to get a lot of pics, this made Jared really happy

Had to do a magic shot too!

A shot of my own

And then in we went! Where we almost immediately stopped for another picture Jared was chomping at the bit to go do something, anything, but take pictures!

Since Jared had been relatively patient with me, I let him pick our first attraction. I thought for sure he would drag us straight to Everest, but he surprised me and said he wanted to go here instead

And he insisted I take a picture of his favorite sign - boys!

After we were officially made honorary bugs, it was indeed time for EE!

The wait was about 25 minutes and we thought about it, but instead decided to grab a fastpass and go ride Dinosaur instead. Fastpasses secured, we headed towards Dinoland. Goofy and Pluto were out as we walked by, but Jared refused to stop for a picture. If you read my last report you might remember that Jared has pretty much decided that he is too old for pictures with characters. I was really bummed, afraid he was going to be stubborn about it all week. I pouted for a minute, but we continued on....

Mom had never ridden Dinosaur before and I was surprised afterwards when she said she kind of liked it!

It was a very hot afternoon, and you know how muggy AK can be, so we decided we needed something to cool off. We stopped at an ice cream cart and had to wait behind a family that was ordering about 375 things and they kept changing their minds as to what they wanted, meanwhile I was wilting in sun. Finally it was my turn and I grabbed two frozen lemonades, one for Jared and one for Mom and I to share. We found a bench in the shade and sat down to enjoy our treat.

Then it was time to go in search of the Yeti!

Mom rode this with me last time I brought her and she had agreed to ride it once this time, but she was not up for multiple rides. She feels like she gets beat up on this one, which is funny because I feel like it's so smooth......

Continued in the next post

Last edited by SoonerGirl; 10-18-2012 at 09:07 PM.
Old 10-18-2012, 08:59 PM   #71
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

After our expedition we had about an hour to kill before our dinner ADR so we decided to stroll back and see if we could get a ride in on the safari. The wait was 20 minutes, so we figured we had just enough time. We got in line and we waited, and waited, and waited, we were barely moving. After about 25 minutes, and us nowhere near the loading area, we decided to bail. We ducked out of line and went to stroll through the Pangani Forest instead.

It was pretty cool, the hippo was right up next to glass, most of the time I can only faintly see him in the distance

We stopped and watched these little guys for a few minutes

Then went in search of my favorite, the gorillas! Well our search was in vain because they were nowhere to be seen. A CM finally told us that they had gone inside for the night already - bummer! So we just headed over to dinner instead, feeling like our trip to Africa had been a big 'ol bust!

I took a couple pictures of the Tree of Life on our way back to Asia

And one more of Everest, because for some reason I just can't have enough pictures of it......

Dinner tonight was at

We were seated right away and ordered our drinks. Mom got this cocktail

I can't remember what it was called, it was tasty but pretty sweet and I just wasn't in the mood for sweet, so I just ordered a beer.

We all asked for a glass of water too and I sucked that down in a hurry, guess we just weren't prepared for the heat! It was funny though, I'm always a little surprised by that first drink out of a paper straw when at AK, I know they are paper, but it still catches me off guard for some reason!

We ordered some fried green beans on Mary Ellen's (MEK) suggestion and they were so good - thanks MEK!

Mom and I both got the same entree, the Tempura Shrimp

And Jared ordered the Bourbon Chicken

For dessert I had to have the cream cheese wontons, I had been dreaming about them for months, they are soooooo good!

I shared them with Mom and Jared got the chocolate cake. He wanted to take the picture of it himself - his photography skills leave a lot to be desired

We stopped on the way out for a quick photo with this guy

Then slowly strolled back towards

I apparently can't have too many pictures of the Tree of Life either....

Continued in the next post
Old 10-18-2012, 09:03 PM   #72
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

We headed towards the

But still had to take a few more pictures on the way out

Again we had good bus mojo as one pulled up right when we got to the stop.

When we got back to the resort we took our time getting back to the room. And I snapped some more photos along the way

The lobby is so pretty!

We stopped in the Marketplace before heading up to the room to grab a couple of refillable mugs, and I may have also gotten a bag of dark chocolate covered almonds

I took a few pics of the carpet in the hall on the way back to the room, I just thought it was so cute, especially the hidden Mickey's

We unpacked all of our things and it was after that that we learned of the one drawback to our room - the toilet - it made the loudest, most obnoxious whistling sound every time you flushed it! I thought about requesting a new room, but the thought of repacking everything that we had just unpacked was not at all appealing, so we just decided to live with it. I will tell you though that it became increasingly more irritating as the week went on!

We briefly thought about heading over to the boardwalk or down to the beach for a little while, but we were all beat from our early morning so instead we just crawled into bed and watched some college football.

Up next, I use the International Gateway for the first time!
Old 10-18-2012, 09:48 PM   #73
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Great update, Michelle.

Love your afternoon at AK--I really love that park. How was your meal at Yak & Yeti? I've read some really bad reviews lately, but really want to go back becasue we so thoroughly enjoyed in four years ago.

The photopass pictures are great (Jared is just so darn cute).

The photos around the Beach Club are wonderful (that is my dream resort to try). Love the hidden mickeys in the carpet.
Old 10-18-2012, 09:57 PM   #74
lauren_elizabeth
Disney World Lover

Loving your trip report so far! The Beach Club is gorgeous and yall had an awesome view! That stinks that balcony wasn't huge, but who cares when you're in Disney, right?

Those fried green beans at Yak & Yeti look delicious! Tell Jared that I like his picture of the chocolate cake!

Old 10-19-2012, 04:54 AM   #75
MeMom
DIS Veteran

What a great way to start my Friday - Animal Kingdom and Beach Club! I am hoping to get into Yak & Yeti as a walk-up at some point during the March trip. I think my friend, Kay, will like it, and Jill doesn't really care anything about that restaurant, so I wouldn't be 'cheating' on her by doing something new without her. I want to try the green beans and cream cheese wontons I have heard so much about, but I am undecided about the entree. I am a grazer and not a big meal eater, so those two things alone would be enough for a meal, I think.

I'm with your mom on Everest. I felt like I took a beating, too. I do want to go through the regular queue sometime to get pictures. When I rode, I did FP and walked on with no pictures.

Thanks for the nice update!
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: