DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-22-2013, 05:06 PM   #1291
jcotten
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotch View Post

Congrats! Could you share the other details -- use year, banked points if any, who paid what fees, etc.?
Sure thing, we paid 2013 fees plus closing costs,500 pts, uy sept , 240 2012 available points, no banked ,started to ask seller to pay some closing , but I understand that better chance of passing rofr if buyer pays, not sure it it is true but didn't want to take any chances
jcotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 06:17 PM   #1292
zgirlz
Earning My Ears

Contract sent to Disney on the 14th, today received email from realtor stating they were contacted by Disney and that we had more banked points available than we had signed contract for. So they wanted us to revise contract with new numbers. The question I have is has anyone else been through this and can I get my hopes up that Disney will pass on rofr once they get the correct numbers? Otherwise why would Disney care if the were taking it back? Just hoping on my part
zgirlz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-22-2013, 07:05 PM   #1293
dbs1228
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by zgirlz View Post
Contract sent to Disney on the 14th, today received email from realtor stating they were contacted by Disney and that we had more banked points available than we had signed contract for. So they wanted us to revise contract with new numbers. The question I have is has anyone else been through this and can I get my hopes up that Disney will pass on rofr once they get the correct numbers? Otherwise why would Disney care if the were taking it back? Just hoping on my part
Not sure of the answer but I would certainly be asking my broker that question and asking why the numbers are not right - that is what they are getting paid to do!!!!!!!!! They are now holding up the process of your contract. Good luck let us know what happens

dbs1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:20 PM   #1294
zgirlz
Earning My Ears

Broker stated they did check with Disney prior to submitting and were given a different number then original contract so we did go through a resigning, now Disney contacted them with this new number which is a better number for us! Broker told us it is up to Disney if they want to pick it up at this point or to have us resubmit. We sent the resigned papers back right away, now just have to wait. This is our second try, first one was taken by Disney.
zgirlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:18 PM   #1295
AppleDisneyDad
Quietly Lurking

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Broker stated they did check with Disney prior to submitting and were given a different number then original contract so we did go through a resigning, now Disney contacted them with this new number which is a better number for us! Broker told us it is up to Disney if they want to pick it up at this point or to have us resubmit. We sent the resigned papers back right away, now just have to wait. This is our second try, first one was taken by Disney.
This same thing happened to me. Started with 44 '12 points. Ended with 160 for the original price.
Old 03-22-2013, 09:30 PM   #1296
dbs1228
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Well that is good if it was Disney's error then the contract should pick up where it left off and you lost no time. I just never have heard of that happening and I would have thought the sellers would have known exactly how many points they had (unless they did know and disney said differently? - but for both the sellers and Disney to have incorrect point account seems strange! GOOD LUCK hope you pass right through!

Last edited by dbs1228; 03-22-2013 at 09:32 PM. Reason: edit
Old 03-23-2013, 08:01 AM   #1297
quandrea
DIS Veteran

How much to offer?

I'm helping friends with a first time resale offer. If they are looking at OKW and SSR contracts with all or most of current use year points and all of next use year points in tact how much is a reasonable offer? I see that OKW has passed as low as $52 and SSR has passed for $50 and even $48. Woudl they get by ROFR with those kind of numbers?
quandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:05 AM   #1298
lodge
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by quandrea View Post
I'm helping friends with a first time resale offer. If they are looking at OKW and SSR contracts with all or most of current use year points and all of next use year points in tact how much is a reasonable offer? I see that OKW has passed as low as $52 and SSR has passed for $50 and even $48. Woudl they get by ROFR with those kind of numbers?
I wish we had the system figured out for what is taken by ROFR. Sometimes those taken are surprisingly high or those not, low.
lodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:36 AM   #1299
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

You have to find an owner willing to take those low offers. I think you show the person interested in buying the first page of this thread, and talk it over with them. Size of contract does have a bearing on price.
Old 03-23-2013, 09:28 AM   #1300
quandrea
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbiwoz View Post
You have to find an owner willing to take those low offers. I think you show the person interested in buying the first page of this thread, and talk it over with them. Size of contract does have a bearing on price.
Am I right in saying, the more points, the lower the price per point? They are looking for 150 to 250 points.
quandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 10:30 AM   #1301
kkolbusz1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Am I right in saying, the more points, the lower the price per point? They are looking for 150 to 250 points.
IVe been asking the brokers. Julie at resalebydvc says theyre consistantly selling for $61-$66/pp. Theyre getting rofr'd in the high 50's lower 60s. Just asked kin this morning, he said one got taken back at $62. I read another got taken back on the 11th at $64.50. We offered $3 over asking price cause we felt $60pp was too low & were willing to pay more. Imo anything in the 50s will get taken now. Theres nothing listed for that low & especially with the prices going up direct i could guess that resales would potentially go up slightly.
kkolbusz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 10:40 AM   #1302
silmarg
SIL

I guess it depends on your patience if you want to test the low end of the market.

Alternatively, if you find the perfect contract, there is no sin in paying a couple dollars more to add a dose of certainty to the deal.
2009 Feb - WDW (POP - buy 4 get 7 impromptu trip | Aug/Sep - Nine Days of FREE DINING and FREE SSR upgrade!
2010 Feb - Taking my parents to POR w Grand Kids | Sept - Pop Free Dining Bounce Back
2011 Feb - Grand California DVC Welcome Home | Aug - Disney Dream!!! (AKV b4 and BCV after)
2012 Feb - Carribean Beach / SSR split stay | Sept - 5 day NYC/Canadian Cruise on Magic | Oct - 3 day suprise the kids trip MNSSHP / F&W @ OKW
2013 Feb - Disney Fantasy (western) | Aug/Sept - Parents 50th Anniv. Disney Fantasy (eastern) and WDW (OKW)
2014 Feb - VGC and ABD BSM
2014 Aug - BLT
2014 Sept - Disney Magic Southern Caribbean (still on the fence on this one)
silmarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 12:51 PM   #1303
ELMC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm all for trying to get a good deal, but this is not the time. These numbers are very deceiving as the market has completely changed since contracts were passing at those rates. Demand is higher, ROFR activity is indirectly pushing prices up and buyers are being more aggressive. If you're looking for a bargain, I wouldn't buy in this marketplace. If you're looking to get a contract, I would go in bidding around $55 per point on SSR and $52 on OKW and prepare to get either outbid or negotiated up. Good luck.
Old 03-23-2013, 03:42 PM   #1304
dbs1228
DIS Veteran

If I had known 3 weeks ago what I do today I would have upped our offer by at least 6.00PP over asking just to hope we will pass - too late now just wait and see!

Old 03-23-2013, 03:47 PM   #1305
DougEMG
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELMC View Post
I'm all for trying to get a good deal, but this is not the time. These numbers are very deceiving as the market has completely changed since contracts were passing at those rates. Demand is higher, ROFR activity is indirectly pushing prices up and buyers are being more aggressive. If you're looking for a bargain, I wouldn't buy in this marketplace. If you're looking to get a contract, I would go in bidding around $55 per point on SSR and $52 on OKW and prepare to get either outbid or negotiated up. Good luck.
Yeah, a completely different market then a year ago. Since last summer resale prices have been going up. A lot more stripped contracts on the market as well.

DougEMG is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: