DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 02-19-2013, 09:37 AM   #796
MapleGirl
Perpetual Planner
 
MapleGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Boston
Posts: 1,509

Good luck today everyone!!

We are moving forward. The seller accepted our offer of $50/pt on a 150 point contract at SSR, buyer pays prorated MF's and 1/2 closing costs. There are 23 points banked from 2012 and all the points from 2013 are available. December UY. I should get the contract to sign this week then it will be sent to Disney for ROFR.


ETA the board shorthand:

MapleGirl -- 150 SSR (Dec.) $50, 23 banked '12 points, buyer pays half closing & prorated MF (waiting to sign contracts before being sent to ROFR)
__________________
~ MapleGirl




Last edited by MapleGirl; 02-19-2013 at 10:08 AM. Reason: boredom
MapleGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:57 AM   #797
puffkin
DVC Owner- SSR & AKV
 
puffkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Reading, PA
Posts: 8,947

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyFan612 View Post
Mickeyfan612 210 SSR (June) $55, 420 11'/12' points and 210 13' points, buyer pays CC and $195 fee (sub 2/4) Fidelity

Ug- Just found out Disney Exercised ROFR-

I think this may be first SSR ROFR reported here!
Wow, sorry

I would never have thought your contract would have gotten ROFR'd at that price even though it is loaded. The only thing I can think is because of the UY since that is one of the smaller ones.

We are waiting to hear on our ROFR (submitted the day after you) for SSR Feb 115 at $48. I am still pretty confident it will go through because there are no 2013 points, but who knows.
__________________
~Kelly~

Veteran of 25+ trips to the World
puffkin is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-19-2013, 10:02 AM   #798
MapleGirl
Perpetual Planner
 
MapleGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Boston
Posts: 1,509

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyFan612 View Post
Mickeyfan612 210 SSR (June) $55, 420 11'/12' points and 210 13' points, buyer pays CC and $195 fee (sub 2/4) Fidelity

Ug- Just found out Disney Exercised ROFR-

I think this may be first SSR ROFR reported here!

Oh no!!! I am so sorry.
__________________
~ MapleGirl



MapleGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:11 AM   #799
MapleGirl
Perpetual Planner
 
MapleGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Boston
Posts: 1,509

Anyone else superstitious?

I won't change the trip countdown in my siggie until a SSR purchase is complete. I don't want to jinx anything by being too optimistic.
__________________
~ MapleGirl



MapleGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:23 AM   #800
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran
 
lovin'fl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 3,870

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleGirl View Post
Good luck today everyone!!

We are moving forward. The seller accepted our offer of $50/pt on a 150 point contract at SSR, buyer pays prorated MF's and 1/2 closing costs. There are 23 points banked from 2012 and all the points from 2013 are available. December UY. I should get the contract to sign this week then it will be sent to Disney for ROFR.


ETA the board shorthand:

MapleGirl -- 150 SSR (Dec.) $50, 23 banked '12 points, buyer pays half closing & prorated MF (waiting to sign contracts before being sent to ROFR)
What are you paying prorated MF on? If there are all 2013 points, then you'd pay all 2013 MF...are you paying MF on 2012 points? Good luck with ROFR.
__________________
DVC since 2006
Next trip(s): Nov 3-6 at VWL
Aug 8-14 at BWV and AKV
lovin'fl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:27 AM   #801
Breyean
DVC Since '93
 
Breyean's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Scottsdale AZ
Posts: 992

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyFan612 View Post
Mickeyfan612 210 SSR (June) $55, 420 11'/12' points and 210 13' points, buyer pays CC and $195 fee (sub 2/4) Fidelity

Ug- Just found out Disney Exercised ROFR-

I think this may be first SSR ROFR reported here!
Wow. That was pretty fast, too. Only 2 weeks.

On the bright side, they saved you 2 weeks of waiting so now you can start shopping around again.

Better luck next time.
Breyean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:44 AM   #802
kenspidey
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 232

That was fast.... Mine was submitted on 1-30 and I haven't heard yet. Maybe that's good news.
kenspidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:47 AM   #803
MapleGirl
Perpetual Planner
 
MapleGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Boston
Posts: 1,509

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovin'fl View Post
What are you paying prorated MF on? If there are all 2013 points, then you'd pay all 2013 MF...are you paying MF on 2012 points? Good luck with ROFR.
I asked my agent to clarify this for me too. This is what she said:
"Its for 2013 maintenance is payed monthly the seller is asking you the buyer to pay from the time of closing"

As I understand it (and please correct me if I'm wrong) the MF's for 2013 were due January 15, 2013. My seller pays the MF's on a monthly payment plan. The seller will pay the MF's for the month in 2013 that he/she owns the contract and I will pay the MF's for the months I own the contract. So if we close April 1st they will make the MF payments for January, February and March. I will pay for April-December.

The MF on the contract is $481.40. 150 points at SSR had a 2013 MF of $721.94 or $60.16/month. So I am planning on paying for 8 months worth of the MF for 2013.

Does this make sense? Sorry for the long response... I want to make sure I have this set in my head.
__________________
~ MapleGirl



MapleGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:49 AM   #804
DougEMG
DIS Veteran
 
DougEMG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Victoria, BC, Canada
Posts: 1,722

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyFan612 View Post
Mickeyfan612 210 SSR (June) $55, 420 11'/12' points and 210 13' points, buyer pays CC and $195 fee (sub 2/4) Fidelity

Ug- Just found out Disney Exercised ROFR-

I think this may be first SSR ROFR reported here!
I was going to say great deal and then I got to the ROFR part. Sorry to hear that happened. Definitely unusual to have a SSR contract ROFR.
__________________
DougEMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:02 AM   #805
rojen
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 87

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyFan612 View Post
Mickeyfan612 210 SSR (June) $55, 420 11'/12' points and 210 13' points, buyer pays CC and $195 fee (sub 2/4) Fidelity

Ug- Just found out Disney Exercised ROFR-

I think this may be first SSR ROFR reported here!

oh no, going to ROFR with a SSR(OCT) 200 pointer. $55 per point, seller pays closing, buyer doing MF. Had 122 banked 2011 points, 200 2012 points and 200 coming in OCT 2013. I thought we'd pass for sure. Hope we don't lose the contract.
rojen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:11 AM   #806
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran
 
lovin'fl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 3,870

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleGirl View Post
I asked my agent to clarify this for me too. This is what she said:
"Its for 2013 maintenance is payed monthly the seller is asking you the buyer to pay from the time of closing"

As I understand it (and please correct me if I'm wrong) the MF's for 2013 were due January 15, 2013. My seller pays the MF's on a monthly payment plan. The seller will pay the MF's for the month in 2013 that he/she owns the contract and I will pay the MF's for the months I own the contract. So if we close April 1st they will make the MF payments for January, February and March. I will pay for April-December.

The MF on the contract is $481.40. 150 points at SSR had a 2013 MF of $721.94 or $60.16/month. So I am planning on paying for 8 months worth of the MF for 2013.

Does this make sense? Sorry for the long response... I want to make sure I have this set in my head.
Ahhh, yes, it makes perfect sense. It's a good deal.
__________________
DVC since 2006
Next trip(s): Nov 3-6 at VWL
Aug 8-14 at BWV and AKV

Last edited by lovin'fl; 02-19-2013 at 11:17 AM.
lovin'fl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:39 AM   #807
emgal
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 10

I am not-so-patiently waiting to hear if we've passed ROFR for our fist DVC contract!

210 BWV (June) 143 12' points and 210 13' points, buyer pays all fees (sub 1/30)

If we stick to everyone else's schedule then it looks like we'll find out next Tuesday, 2/26.

Fingers crossed we make it through unscathed and on time!
emgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:53 AM   #808
MapleGirl
Perpetual Planner
 
MapleGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Boston
Posts: 1,509

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovin'fl View Post
Ahhh, yes, it makes perfect sense. It's a good deal.
Thanks!
__________________
~ MapleGirl



MapleGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:57 AM   #809
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran
 
lovin'fl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 3,870

Quote:
Originally Posted by emgal View Post
I am not-so-patiently waiting to hear if we've passed ROFR for our fist DVC contract!

210 BWV (June) 143 12' points and 210 13' points, buyer pays all fees (sub 1/30)

If we stick to everyone else's schedule then it looks like we'll find out next Tuesday, 2/26.

Fingers crossed we make it through unscathed and on time!
Welcome to the Dis and good luck with ROFR.
__________________
DVC since 2006
Next trip(s): Nov 3-6 at VWL
Aug 8-14 at BWV and AKV
lovin'fl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:07 PM   #810
elcid3
Earning My Ears
 
elcid3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by emgal
I am not-so-patiently waiting to hear if we've passed ROFR for our fist DVC contract!

210 BWV (June) 143 12' points and 210 13' points, buyer pays all fees (sub 1/30)

If we stick to everyone else's schedule then it looks like we'll find out next Tuesday, 2/26.

Fingers crossed we make it through unscathed and on time!
Do you mind sharing your price per point? Good luck!
elcid3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

DVC-Resales.com | 1-800-550-6493 (Contact The Timeshare Store) | DVC Resale Listings

facebooktwittergoogle plus youtube itunesDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:30 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: