DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2013, 08:53 PM   #3301
jaberwock
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
Just an update on my never ending saga. I am getting closer... today I got a letter with my member number. It mentions that my packet will come in 10 days to 2 weeks. If however I would like to make reservations now I can call member services. I assume this is to get an activation code? At least when I go to the website, I can't establish a login with only my member number. I need an activation code. Soon... very soon I will book my first trip!!! MS should be open tomorrow.. right? They were closed by the time I got my mail today. I feel a tad like tomorrow is Christmas morning!
If you got your member number you should just be able to call and book through MS. The activation code is just for online reservations, I think. Correct me if I am wrong people!
jaberwock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 09:10 PM   #3302
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaberwock View Post
If you got your member number you should just be able to call and book through MS. The activation code is just for online reservations, I think. Correct me if I am wrong people!
My hope is to tinker and see what is available...so I do want to get a login established. If nothing else though, yes... I should be able to call and make a reservation tomorrow. At least... I hope.
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-05-2013, 09:10 PM   #3303
NoleFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Just an update on my never ending saga. I am getting closer... today I got a letter with my member number. It mentions that my packet will come in 10 days to 2 weeks. If however I would like to make reservations now I can call member services. I assume this is to get an activation code? At least when I go to the website, I can't establish a login with only my member number. I need an activation code. Soon... very soon I will book my first trip!!! MS should be open tomorrow.. right? They were closed by the time I got my mail today. I feel a tad like tomorrow is Christmas morning!

Call MS tomorrow & give them your member #. They will get you all set up so you can start making reservations. Enjoy & congrats!
NoleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 12:29 AM   #3304
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan View Post
Call MS tomorrow & give them your member #. They will get you all set up so you can start making reservations. Enjoy & congrats!
Thanks so much!
Old 07-06-2013, 09:48 AM   #3305
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Membership number received- club id aquired- activation code granted......

Today will be the day I finally book!!!

I will post my time line after I do so. So excited! I just have to go out for a run and then I can come home and play
Old 07-06-2013, 10:42 AM   #3306
NoleFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I will post my time line after I do so. So excited! I just have to go out for a run and then I can come home and play
So exciting !! Have fun planning & booking - we booked our trips through June, 2014. Love having vacations to look forward to!
Old 07-06-2013, 10:46 AM   #3307
Goofy DVC
OKW member since 93

Congrats and have fun both planning and taking your trips.
Goofy DVC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 01:18 PM   #3308
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So exciting !! Have fun planning & booking - we booked our trips through June, 2014. Love having vacations to look forward to!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy DVC View Post
Congrats and have fun both planning and taking your trips.

Thanks so much! I am playing around now. Fall trip is not going to happen on points. Even the January one is tricky... and will require a split stay. Just curious, I know in renting points.. once you book you are locked in. What are the restrictions for members? I know that may seem a silly question. If I book a split, but later see something available where I wanted to be the entire time... can I change?
Old 07-06-2013, 02:09 PM   #3309
NoleFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks so much! I am playing around now. Fall trip is not going to happen on points. Even the January one is tricky... and will require a split stay. Just curious, I know in renting points.. once you book you are locked in. What are the restrictions for members? I know that may seem a silly question. If I book a split, but later see something available where I wanted to be the entire time... can I change?
If you book with your own points, keep checking & sometimes things open up. If you rent, the person you are renting from would have to make the changes which you run into some issues: bit of hassle vs being to do it yourself with your own account & renter may not allow changes to reservation? Split stays could be a good thing as it allows you to experience different resorts.
Old 07-06-2013, 02:37 PM   #3310
moreisgood
Falling in love

Quote:

I just got my points yesterday, and I've been picking up days , one at a time, for November. So far, I have 8 out of 10 days booked, so it's possible. Of course, we'll be gypsies, and get to see lots of resorts. Right now, I think members are switching their ressies to GFV, one day at a time, and letting their others reservations go. This will likely go on through the 4 month booking window for December.

You can cancel individual reservations yourself, online. You only need Member Services to shave days off a reservation you want to keep. Watch your "borrowing ". Once borrowed, those points can't be put back to a future use year. Yes , I made that mistake! Good luck!
moreisgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 03:45 PM   #3311
agie65
New Disney Fan

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:

Good to see you rolling, I have made several reservation in future and borrowed some points as well since they were in home resort period. You can book, cancel everything online. If you book same resort in continuation in two or three reservations you can call MS to link them so you don't have to change villa. Enjoy your points now.
Old 07-07-2013, 08:38 AM   #3312
jimmytammy
Swivel, it's a hard habit to break
Not Tammy, just Jimmy
Go, Panthers!!! (oh, nevermind...)

Quote:

Congratulations and Welcome Home!!
Old 07-07-2013, 08:42 AM   #3313
jimmytammy
Swivel, it's a hard habit to break
Not Tammy, just Jimmy
Go, Panthers!!! (oh, nevermind...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by moreisgood View Post
I just got my points yesterday, and I've been picking up days , one at a time, for November. So far, I have 8 out of 10 days booked, so it's possible. Of course, we'll be gypsies, and get to see lots of resorts. Right now, I think members are switching their ressies to GFV, one day at a time, and letting their others reservations go. This will likely go on through the 4 month booking window for December.

You can cancel individual reservations yourself, online. You only need Member Services to shave days off a reservation you want to keep. Watch your "borrowing ". Once borrowed, those points can't be put back to a future use year. Yes , I made that mistake! Good luck!
Old 07-07-2013, 10:58 AM   #3314
moreisgood
Falling in love

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmytammy View Post
Thank you! I managed to get 4 days at GFV 2 BR with lake view, and I feel like I won the lottery! And I picked them up one or two days at a time!
moreisgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 12:37 PM   #3315
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
If you book with your own points, keep checking & sometimes things open up. If you rent, the person you are renting from would have to make the changes which you run into some issues: bit of hassle vs being to do it yourself with your own account & renter may not allow changes to reservation? Split stays could be a good thing as it allows you to experience different resorts.
Thanks for the help! I read through some of the cancelation policy... kinda makes sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moreisgood View Post

I had not thought to pick up one day at a time. That could be the route I take. I just don't want to end up with days that I have nothing! My husband is not a fan of split stays...so not sure if piecing together would get me the same room? I was looking at a 1brm at OKW... the nights I needed were there for two nights in a one near the hospitality house, but then the other nights were only in one not near the hospitality house. Tad frustrating... wish a 1br was a 1br...

Quote:
Originally Posted by agie65 View Post
Good to see you rolling, I have made several reservation in future and borrowed some points as well since they were in home resort period. You can book, cancel everything online. If you book same resort in continuation in two or three reservations you can call MS to link them so you don't have to change villa. Enjoy your points now.
I will have to keep that in mind... especially if I have to pick up a day or two here or there. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmytammy View Post

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: