DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 07-05-2013, 08:53 PM   #3301
jaberwock
Mouseketeer
 
jaberwock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 120

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
Just an update on my never ending saga. I am getting closer... today I got a letter with my member number. It mentions that my packet will come in 10 days to 2 weeks. If however I would like to make reservations now I can call member services. I assume this is to get an activation code? At least when I go to the website, I can't establish a login with only my member number. I need an activation code. Soon... very soon I will book my first trip!!! MS should be open tomorrow.. right? They were closed by the time I got my mail today. I feel a tad like tomorrow is Christmas morning!
If you got your member number you should just be able to call and book through MS. The activation code is just for online reservations, I think. Correct me if I am wrong people!
jaberwock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 09:10 PM   #3302
annmarieda
DIS Veteran
 
annmarieda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Washington State
Posts: 8,485

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaberwock View Post
If you got your member number you should just be able to call and book through MS. The activation code is just for online reservations, I think. Correct me if I am wrong people!
My hope is to tinker and see what is available...so I do want to get a login established. If nothing else though, yes... I should be able to call and make a reservation tomorrow. At least... I hope.
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-05-2013, 09:10 PM   #3303
NoleFan
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 705

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
Just an update on my never ending saga. I am getting closer... today I got a letter with my member number. It mentions that my packet will come in 10 days to 2 weeks. If however I would like to make reservations now I can call member services. I assume this is to get an activation code? At least when I go to the website, I can't establish a login with only my member number. I need an activation code. Soon... very soon I will book my first trip!!! MS should be open tomorrow.. right? They were closed by the time I got my mail today. I feel a tad like tomorrow is Christmas morning!

Call MS tomorrow & give them your member #. They will get you all set up so you can start making reservations. Enjoy & congrats!
__________________
DVC Member 2013
Boardwalk Villas
Beach Club Villas
NoleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 12:29 AM   #3304
annmarieda
DIS Veteran
 
annmarieda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Washington State
Posts: 8,485

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan View Post
Call MS tomorrow & give them your member #. They will get you all set up so you can start making reservations. Enjoy & congrats!
Thanks so much!
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 09:48 AM   #3305
annmarieda
DIS Veteran
 
annmarieda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Washington State
Posts: 8,485

Membership number received- club id aquired- activation code granted......

Today will be the day I finally book!!!

I will post my time line after I do so. So excited! I just have to go out for a run and then I can come home and play
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 10:42 AM   #3306
NoleFan
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 705

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
Membership number received- club id aquired- activation code granted......

Today will be the day I finally book!!!

I will post my time line after I do so. So excited! I just have to go out for a run and then I can come home and play
So exciting !! Have fun planning & booking - we booked our trips through June, 2014. Love having vacations to look forward to!
__________________
DVC Member 2013
Boardwalk Villas
Beach Club Villas
NoleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 10:46 AM   #3307
Goofy DVC
OKW member since 93
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: SE Pennsylvania
Posts: 362

Congrats and have fun both planning and taking your trips.
Goofy DVC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 01:18 PM   #3308
annmarieda
DIS Veteran
 
annmarieda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Washington State
Posts: 8,485

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan View Post
So exciting !! Have fun planning & booking - we booked our trips through June, 2014. Love having vacations to look forward to!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy DVC View Post
Congrats and have fun both planning and taking your trips.

Thanks so much! I am playing around now. Fall trip is not going to happen on points. Even the January one is tricky... and will require a split stay. Just curious, I know in renting points.. once you book you are locked in. What are the restrictions for members? I know that may seem a silly question. If I book a split, but later see something available where I wanted to be the entire time... can I change?
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 02:09 PM   #3309
NoleFan
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 705

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
Thanks so much! I am playing around now. Fall trip is not going to happen on points. Even the January one is tricky... and will require a split stay. Just curious, I know in renting points.. once you book you are locked in. What are the restrictions for members? I know that may seem a silly question. If I book a split, but later see something available where I wanted to be the entire time... can I change?
If you book with your own points, keep checking & sometimes things open up. If you rent, the person you are renting from would have to make the changes which you run into some issues: bit of hassle vs being to do it yourself with your own account & renter may not allow changes to reservation? Split stays could be a good thing as it allows you to experience different resorts.
__________________
DVC Member 2013
Boardwalk Villas
Beach Club Villas
NoleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 02:37 PM   #3310
moreisgood
Falling in love
 
moreisgood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philly suburbs
Posts: 154

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post

Thanks so much! I am playing around now. Fall trip is not going to happen on points. Even the January one is tricky... and will require a split stay. Just curious, I know in renting points.. once you book you are locked in. What are the restrictions for members? I know that may seem a silly question. If I book a split, but later see something available where I wanted to be the entire time... can I change?
I just got my points yesterday, and I've been picking up days , one at a time, for November. So far, I have 8 out of 10 days booked, so it's possible. Of course, we'll be gypsies, and get to see lots of resorts. Right now, I think members are switching their ressies to GFV, one day at a time, and letting their others reservations go. This will likely go on through the 4 month booking window for December.

You can cancel individual reservations yourself, online. You only need Member Services to shave days off a reservation you want to keep. Watch your "borrowing ". Once borrowed, those points can't be put back to a future use year. Yes , I made that mistake! Good luck!
moreisgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 03:45 PM   #3311
agie65
New Disney Fan
 
agie65's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: South East CT
Posts: 510

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post

Thanks so much! I am playing around now. Fall trip is not going to happen on points. Even the January one is tricky... and will require a split stay. Just curious, I know in renting points.. once you book you are locked in. What are the restrictions for members? I know that may seem a silly question. If I book a split, but later see something available where I wanted to be the entire time... can I change?
Good to see you rolling, I have made several reservation in future and borrowed some points as well since they were in home resort period. You can book, cancel everything online. If you book same resort in continuation in two or three reservations you can call MS to link them so you don't have to change villa. Enjoy your points now.
__________________
Home Resorts: Aulani, VGF, VWL, BWV, VB, SSR, AKL, OKW
agie65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 08:38 AM   #3312
jimmytammy
Swivel, it's a hard habit to break
Not Tammy, just Jimmy
Go, Panthers!!! (oh, nevermind...)
 
jimmytammy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: NC
Posts: 7,788

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
Membership number received- club id aquired- activation code granted......

Today will be the day I finally book!!!

I will post my time line after I do so. So excited! I just have to go out for a run and then I can come home and play
Congratulations and Welcome Home!!
__________________
jimmytammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 08:42 AM   #3313
jimmytammy
Swivel, it's a hard habit to break
Not Tammy, just Jimmy
Go, Panthers!!! (oh, nevermind...)
 
jimmytammy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: NC
Posts: 7,788

Quote:
Originally Posted by moreisgood View Post
I just got my points yesterday, and I've been picking up days , one at a time, for November. So far, I have 8 out of 10 days booked, so it's possible. Of course, we'll be gypsies, and get to see lots of resorts. Right now, I think members are switching their ressies to GFV, one day at a time, and letting their others reservations go. This will likely go on through the 4 month booking window for December.

You can cancel individual reservations yourself, online. You only need Member Services to shave days off a reservation you want to keep. Watch your "borrowing ". Once borrowed, those points can't be put back to a future use year. Yes , I made that mistake! Good luck!
Congratulations and Welcome Home!!
__________________
jimmytammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 10:58 AM   #3314
moreisgood
Falling in love
 
moreisgood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philly suburbs
Posts: 154

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmytammy View Post
Congratulations and Welcome Home!!
Thank you! I managed to get 4 days at GFV 2 BR with lake view, and I feel like I won the lottery! And I picked them up one or two days at a time!
moreisgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 12:37 PM   #3315
annmarieda
DIS Veteran
 
annmarieda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Washington State
Posts: 8,485

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan View Post
If you book with your own points, keep checking & sometimes things open up. If you rent, the person you are renting from would have to make the changes which you run into some issues: bit of hassle vs being to do it yourself with your own account & renter may not allow changes to reservation? Split stays could be a good thing as it allows you to experience different resorts.
Thanks for the help! I read through some of the cancelation policy... kinda makes sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moreisgood View Post
I just got my points yesterday, and I've been picking up days , one at a time, for November. So far, I have 8 out of 10 days booked, so it's possible. Of course, we'll be gypsies, and get to see lots of resorts. Right now, I think members are switching their ressies to GFV, one day at a time, and letting their others reservations go. This will likely go on through the 4 month booking window for December.

You can cancel individual reservations yourself, online. You only need Member Services to shave days off a reservation you want to keep. Watch your "borrowing ". Once borrowed, those points can't be put back to a future use year. Yes , I made that mistake! Good luck!
I had not thought to pick up one day at a time. That could be the route I take. I just don't want to end up with days that I have nothing! My husband is not a fan of split stays...so not sure if piecing together would get me the same room? I was looking at a 1brm at OKW... the nights I needed were there for two nights in a one near the hospitality house, but then the other nights were only in one not near the hospitality house. Tad frustrating... wish a 1br was a 1br...


Quote:
Originally Posted by agie65 View Post
Good to see you rolling, I have made several reservation in future and borrowed some points as well since they were in home resort period. You can book, cancel everything online. If you book same resort in continuation in two or three reservations you can call MS to link them so you don't have to change villa. Enjoy your points now.
I will have to keep that in mind... especially if I have to pick up a day or two here or there. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmytammy View Post
Congratulations and Welcome Home!!
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

DVC-Resales.com | 1-800-550-6493 (Contact The Timeshare Store) | DVC Resale Listings

facebooktwittergoogle plus youtube itunesDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:41 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: