DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-22-2013, 01:18 AM   #3151
dmunsil
Disney Uber-Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
In the email I received from fidelity, it mentioned "Disney has been notified of your new ownership.
That means you closed! Congratulations! In fact, it will probably take a bit less time than they're predicting. They just want to under-promise.

We closed 6/4, was in the system 6/11, got our number (via some wheedling) over the phone on 6/12, and got the mail from Disney with our member number on 6/15. That's about the fastest I've ever heard of it going, though.

I think there aren't too many Washington State DVC members; we're about as far as you can get from Florida while still being in the lower 48.
dmunsil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 07:05 AM   #3152
Countryrunner262
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmunsil View Post

That means you closed! Congratulations! In fact, it will probably take a bit less time than they're predicting. They just want to under-promise.

We closed 6/4, was in the system 6/11, got our number (via some wheedling) over the phone on 6/12, and got the mail from Disney with our member number on 6/15. That's about the fastest I've ever heard of it going, though.

I think there aren't too many Washington State DVC members; we're about as far as you can get from Florida while still being in the lower 48.
Wow, that was fast! Congrats! We closed 6/12, but are still not in the system. They said it could be 14-28 days.
Countryrunner262 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-22-2013, 07:09 AM   #3153
agie65
New Disney Fan

Quote:

Yup, seller was not a us citizen. Now... if that means they live else where... I don't know.

Just an update... we did hear that our purchase is almost complete. What exactly that means? Not sure??? In the email I received from fidelity, it mentioned "Disney has been notified of your new ownership. this will take 2-4 weeks for Disney to enter your info into their system. On the day the transfer is done in the system, Disney will mail you a letter that provides you with your membership number."

Looks like we are getting closer. Another 4 weeks though would put it near the end of July... like I suspected..and roughly 3 months from start to finish.
Even if you close does not mean you will be in disney system soon. I closed in one contract on 06/05 disney did not even had that contract as of yesterday for transfer of ownership, I called member administration to confirm that. Another contract that closed on 06/12 I can not even see on county web site, means did not even filed for deed recording. Dealing with FAT is like you banging your head on stone, left several phone and emal messages to get an update on status of all closings, no answer. Taking all the air out of some of my good deals. On the other hand, all *** closings, I have all the points and most are gone.
agie65 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 07:22 AM   #3154
MickeyT
DIS Veteran

Quick Question

Has the list updates been stopped? Can't find any updates.....

Am I missing it?

MickeyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 08:15 AM   #3155
StaciMay
I love Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyT View Post
Has the list updates been stopped? Can't find any updates.....

Am I missing it?
They are on page 162.
I fell in love with Disney in 2006 thru the eyes of my son!!! Pop Century Oct '06~ Pop Century Oct '07~ Pop Century Christmas '08~ ASMu Oct '09~ ASMu Nov '10~Disney Dream April '11~Port Orleans FQ Oct '11~ASMo Dec '11~Disney Dream April '12~Port Orleans Riverside Oct '12~ Our twins first trip Oct '13 OKW~VWL Dec '13~DVC owners at AKV
StaciMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 08:41 AM   #3156
kapicka
Earning My Ears

update on my VGC purchase(s)

Hi. Wanted to update info for your list.

On this one:
Kapicka-160 VGC (??), $88, all '13 & 14 pts (sub 4/?)
I actually put in for purchase at $98 b/c I thought $88 had no chance. Disney came in and purchased at $98

I wanted some points though (new to DVC and need at least a weekend!) so I purchased 25 points (w/ 25 banked points) Sept use year at $120 per point which disney let me have (at that price per point they better, right!?) It was done in September.
kapicka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 09:20 AM   #3157
RoboBear
Earning My Ears

Wanted to let you know I passed ROFR on a 200 pt BCV contract this week. $75 per point all 2013 and 2014 points.
RoboBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 10:07 AM   #3158
Timeflys4us
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboBear View Post
Wanted to let you know I passed ROFR on a 200 pt BCV contract this week. $75 per point all 2013 and 2014 points.
What was your Use Year?
Timeflys4us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 12:55 PM   #3159
dvc lover 1970
Earning My Ears

Congrats on bcv contract.
I am still waiting on my bcv april u/y. what was your u/y
dvc lover 1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 01:02 PM   #3160
RoboBear
Earning My Ears

Sorry, December uy
RoboBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 09:14 PM   #3161
MickeyT
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaciMay View Post
They are on page 162.
Thank you StaciMay!!!

Here's mine.....
Might could have negotiated a better deal but it fit us perfect so I went for it.

AKL
160 points. December use year. 79 points banked from '11-all 2012 and 2013 points.$76 point. Closing and MF paid buy buyer.

Submitted for ROFR on 6/14.

MickeyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 10:29 PM   #3162
arachnib
A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes!

Got my number!!! Now what???

Hey Lovin'fl -

I got my letter in the mail today, (6/22) with my magic number for my BWV 350' June, DVC membership. Now what? They gave me a toll free number, but is there a website I can join? Need some instruction while I await the Vacation Planner.

arachnib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 01:07 AM   #3163
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmunsil View Post

Even if the deed has not yet been recorded? At least... I don't think it has. I check the site...and nothing is showing yet.

I sure do hope it happens sooner rather than later. I want to book our January trip. Won't be long until we are at the 180 day mark.... I want to make sure to get a couple ADRS...

Good to see another washingtonian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countryrunner262 View Post
Wow, that was fast! Congrats! We closed 6/12, but are still not in the system. They said it could be 14-28 days.
I hope it happens soon for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by agie65 View Post
Even if you close does not mean you will be in disney system soon. I closed in one contract on 06/05 disney did not even had that contract as of yesterday for transfer of ownership, I called member administration to confirm that. Another contract that closed on 06/12 I can not even see on county web site, means did not even filed for deed recording. Dealing with FAT is like you banging your head on stone, left several phone and emal messages to get an update on status of all closings, no answer. Taking all the air out of some of my good deals. On the other hand, all *** closings, I have all the points and most are gone.
I don't see mine on the county site either...which means it has not been filed yet? That is what I thought. If that has yet to take place I imagine then that I still have some time after that to wait for Disney
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 05:38 AM   #3164
agie65
New Disney Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by arachnib View Post
Hey Lovin'fl -

I got my letter in the mail today, (6/22) with my magic number for my BWV 350' June, DVC membership. Now what? They gave me a toll free number, but is there a website I can join? Need some instruction while I await the Vacation Planner.
You can call that too free # and Choose option one for member services. They will give you club I'd and activation code, should be able to access your pts today. Welcome home.
Old 06-23-2013, 05:42 AM   #3165
agie65
New Disney Fan

Quote:

Even if the deed has not yet been recorded? At least... I don't think it has. I check the site...and nothing is showing yet.

I sure do hope it happens sooner rather than later. I want to book our January trip. Won't be long until we are at the 180 day mark.... I want to make sure to get a couple ADRS...

Good to see another washingtonian

I hope it happens soon for you!

I don't see mine on the county site either...which means it has not been filed yet? That is what I thought. If that has yet to take place I imagine then that I still have some time after that to wait for Disney
Disney will need recorded deed for transfer of ownership, if closing company has not done that yet, it will take 2-3 weeks after they send complete papers to disney before your account gets created.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: