DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-15-2013, 07:08 PM   #2476
fmer55
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorie13 View Post
Am interested in adding a BLT contract, but all the prices are $95 plus. What was the asking price of this contract?
Thanks.
They started at $90, offered $80 and accepted.
Old 05-15-2013, 08:40 PM   #2477
NoleFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lchute1158 View Post
I would start with the lowest passing prices through negotiate from there. That being said, people are crazy when. It come to dvc and they don't approach it from a buying real estate view... They are very emotional about it and sellers know this.

That also being said I will only pay and buy what I think is a good deal... That involves a lower than asking pp and seller paying closing or mf or both.

I have found contracts that fit my criteria. Just have to be patient.
It's easy to get emotional with your first contract but after that, it does not seem as stressful or emotional- Probably since you are already a member & have some points to enjoy. Is there a certain broker that you tend to use more frequently &/or look for the right time in the market (not so much ROFR activity, etc)? Sounds like you have found some great deals- congrats & enjoy your points!
NoleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-15-2013, 10:13 PM   #2478
Pbuttadad
Earning My Ears

The seller I had was actually ok with 63pp with splitting all other fees. I was a little skepticle with only 63pp and all the recent ROFR lately. So I just rearranged the numbers where I would pay 68pp, seller paying the rest. I'm only on day 6... But in my head I think I made the right choice.
Pbuttadad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 11:09 PM   #2479
lorie13
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmer55 View Post
They started at $90, offered $80 and accepted.
Thank you, that is really good to know.
lorie13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 11:28 PM   #2480
lchute1158
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan

It's easy to get emotional with your first contract but after that, it does not seem as stressful or emotional- Probably since you are already a member & have some points to enjoy. Is there a certain broker that you tend to use more frequently &/or look for the right time in the market (not so much ROFR activity, etc)? Sounds like you have found some great deals- congrats & enjoy your points!
I have found really good deals on fidelity. Not all the sellers are motivated, one offer i made two months ago still hasn't responded to! TSS has some good deals to. TSS seems more prone to people just offering asking or more for some reason. I even has the sales agent tell me that someone might coming in and offer asking while I was negotiating so I had better offer full price. I said I only wanted it if I thought it was a good deal. Fidelity requires a lot of patience. I don't really care about rofr... Disney has really no rhyme ot reason to it, if it gets rofr no biggie, just look for another.

I have only been seriously looking since March and every few days someone has good listings pop up. There will always be some for sale.

You don't go to a car dealership and offer more for a red car, you bargain for it or wait for a better red car to come along.

Disney Fantasy January 25, 2014 (45th birthday cruise!), Disney Wonder May 17, 2014 (Weekend Getaway), Disney Dream Feb 24, 2013
Hong Kong Disneyland 2011, WDW x4, DLR CA x100 plus (Annual Pass Holder)(frequent visitor since 1969)
DVC Owner - AUL, VGC, HHI

lchute1158 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 05:10 AM   #2481
NoleFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lchute1158 View Post
I have found really good deals on fidelity. Not all the sellers are motivated, one offer i made two months ago still hasn't responded to! TSS has some good deals to. TSS seems more prone to people just offering asking or more for some reason. I even has the sales agent tell me that someone might coming in and offer asking while I was negotiating so I had better offer full price. I said I only wanted it if I thought it was a good deal. Fidelity requires a lot of patience. I don't really care about rofr... Disney has really no rhyme ot reason to it, if it gets rofr no biggie, just look for another.

I have only been seriously looking since March and every few days someone has good listings pop up. There will always be some for sale.

You don't go to a car dealership and offer more for a red car, you bargain for it or wait for a better red car to come along.
Thanks for the info. Very helpful. Everyone here who seems to have gotten an exceptionally good deal seems to have gone through Fidelity. It seems that their sellers are in a more need to sell situation (financial, bankruptcy, probate). With their selection & more so good deals, it makes the slower service & required follow ups seems worth it.
Old 05-16-2013, 05:41 AM   #2482
agie65
New Disney Fan

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan View Post

Thanks for the info. Very helpful. Everyone here who seems to have gotten an exceptionally good deal seems to have gone through Fidelity. It seems that their sellers are in a more need to sell situation (financial, bankruptcy, probate). With their selection & more so good deals, it makes the slower service & required follow ups seems worth it.
I don't think Fidelity sellers are more in need, I saw some fidelity listing for as much as direct price with less available points. I guess brokers job is to get the most money for the seller at the same time they get paid more if they sell for more. Fidelity seems like big broker with more department causing slower processing. Being big gets more listing, TSS will catch up in listing due to their fast services, yes most of their listing are higher then most of the brokers.
Old 05-16-2013, 06:48 AM   #2483
dbs1228
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by agie65 View Post
I don't think Fidelity sellers are more in need, I saw some fidelity listing for as much as direct price with less available points. I guess brokers job is to get the most money for the seller at the same time they get paid more if they sell for more. Fidelity seems like big broker with more department causing slower processing. Being big gets more listing, TSS will catch up in listing due to their fast services, yes most of their listing are higher then most of the brokers.
Fidelity will probably have more listings then any other broker firm since Disney sends sellers directly to Fidelity a lot of sellers do not know even where to turn when considering selling and turn to Disney for advise. TSS is more aware of the resale pricing and advises their sellers according to the market. I found when questioning Fidelity about a month ago that they really were not up on current trends and pricing since they were advising clients to list BWV at 55.00 and 60.00PP when other brokers were listing at high 60's low 70's.

dbs1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 07:41 AM   #2484
ELMC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by agie65

I guess brokers job is to get the most money for the seller at the same time they get paid more if they sell for more.
Not exactly. Timeshare resale brokers are transaction brokers, which means that they represent the transaction and not the buyer or the seller. They are under no obligation to get the seller the best price or the buyer the best deal. All they are obligated to do is get the deal done, which sometimes might include some of those elements.
Old 05-16-2013, 07:41 AM   #2485
NoleFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by agie65 View Post
I have to disagree on this on some counts. I think some of the high prices on Fidelity are the result of some having to sell their property & they need to get the higher amount back to satisfy a mortgage. I also agree with DBS1228 on the lower listing that they are not as in tune with the market pricing/trends especially on the lower priced listings (in listings where satisfying a larger mortgage probably is not an issue). I think, most if not all of their listings, are the result of some sort of hardship.

TSS has excellent services & I think their prices are in line with average resale market value. I think the broker that has by far the highest prices is the one we are not allowed to list here.
Old 05-16-2013, 08:01 AM   #2486
imapoohbear12
Earning My Ears

I used Fidelty with no problems but I think rachael left. Last January I got 150 ssr loaded with 100 2011 banked all 2012 for 60 pp they were asking 69. We started in jan 2 closed feb 26 booked for October 2012 by march 10. Easier process just don't think about it
imapoohbear12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 08:13 AM   #2487
okw2012
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan

TSS has excellent services & I think their prices are in line with average resale market value. I think the broker that has by far the highest prices is the one we are not allowed to list here.
Used both brokers and both times had excellent service. Yes asking price was high for the other broker but I offered and got a lower price, whereas I paid asking price with TSS. I recommend TSS to friends looking for a 1st contract as typically people need their points asap and don't want to loose time with bargaining and ROFR.
Old 05-16-2013, 10:24 AM   #2488
moreisgood
Falling in love

TSS has excellent services & I think their prices are in line with average resale market value. I think the broker that has by far the highest prices is the one we are not allowed to list here.[/QUOTE]

So, who is the broker we're not allowed to list here? You can give hints, if you can't say the name. And why can't we say that broker's name?

Alsom someone asked earlier why her when she listed her Broker's name, it turned to asterisks. I was wondering that myself.
moreisgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 11:04 AM   #2489
arachnib
A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moreisgood View Post
So, who is the broker we're not allowed to list here? You can give hints, if you can't say the name. And why can't we say that broker's name?

Alsom someone asked earlier why her when she listed her Broker's name, it turned to asterisks. I was wondering that myself.[/QUOTE]
Anxiously waiting to hear what the reply is to these questions. I wondered about both of those, too!

arachnib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 12:31 PM   #2490
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3039176
lovin'fl is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: