DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-12-2013, 09:38 AM   #1846
moreisgood
Falling in love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidanifan08 View Post
When I spoke with one of their sales associates yesterday I was informed that some of the listings posted yesterday were done by mistake. I should have asked about that $55 BWV. I remember one of the AKV listings from a few weeks ago that disappeared and is now there again.
I can confirm. I spoke to Shawn yesterday, and she said there was a listing update, and it pulled in a bunch of old sold listings.
moreisgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 10:29 AM   #1847
AddieAidey
Earning My Ears

SSR in the 70's!!

I got an email update last night from one of the brokers and all of the SSR's were listed in the low 70's! The brokers are definitely positioning buyers to pay in the high 60's or asking price. These are not even loaded contracts.

It's pretty crazy what has occurred in just a few short weeks with the market.

I am really hoping we pass ROFR because there is no way I would feel comfortable paying more for a stripped contract Anyone else going to give up for a awhile to see what the market does if they don't pass ROFR?
Aulani Nov 2013
GCV Sep 2014
Aulani Feb 2015
Disney Wonder Oct 2015
AddieAidey is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-12-2013, 10:34 AM   #1848
PCMama
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidanifan08

When I spoke with one of their sales associates yesterday I was informed that some of the listings posted yesterday were done by mistake. I should have asked about that $55 BWV. I remember one of the AKV listings from a few weeks ago that disappeared and is now there again.
Yes there are old listings up. One of the vgc contracts is the one I had an offer on that Disney took. Another one I offered on but the owner had the wrong info.
PCMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 10:34 AM   #1849
thptrek
DIS Veteran

My BLT just made it through but if it got rofr'd I was going to sit out the market till VGF gets selling. The market is unbalanced right now and no need for me to have stayed in it. Just glad I sneaked through.

New DVC Member 2013 (BLT) - First Trip Home March 14
thptrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 10:41 AM   #1850
lorie13
Mouseketeer

Every time I have inquired at Fidelity (even right after the listing was posted) I was told the contract was gone. Made me suspicious too, but I did finally get a contract accepted with TSS, I called a few hours after they posted it and offered asking price, they had said they received another offer but it was less, so mine was submitted and accepted. Not the best price, but fully loaded. And so we now wait for Disney.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintstickets View Post
I don't know if this is a trend, just my luck or a result of the increased direct-buy prices....I have now had two BCV contracts I inquired about (one about a month ago and one last week at two different resellers) that sold for higher than the listed price. I saw the contract and called immediately and was told that several people expressed interest. I gave the reseller a price and in both cases, over the next few hours, they called/texted back the counter offer from the other potential buyers. In both cases, once the price got above the initial listed price, I backed out. I understand the reseller trying to get the highest price possible for the seller but something just didn't pass the smell test to me. Call me stubborn or stupid or maybe it was the principal of the matter. What do you DVCers think? Should I be suspicious or is it just a sign of the times?
lorie13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 10:52 AM   #1851
DougEMG
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thptrek View Post
The market is unbalanced right now and no need for me to have stayed in it.
Techincally the market is always in balance between supply and demand. 12-15 months ago it was an excellent time to be a buyer, today it is an excellent time to be a seller. What will happen 12 months from now I have no idea

Compared to direct pricing, resale price are a good deal and would still be a good deal even if they increased from these prices.

My personal opinion is that the prices from 12-15 months ago were a real steal (ie bottom of the market).
Old 04-12-2013, 12:06 PM   #1852
brhalstea
The Dismeister

This may have been in a PP, but has anyone noticed a particular use year being ROFR'ed? Feb vs Oct.....etc
brhalstea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 01:26 PM   #1853
NoleFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brhalstea View Post
This may have been in a PP, but has anyone noticed a particular use year being ROFR'ed? Feb vs Oct.....etc
February (17.5%) & December (18.7%) are the most popular UY according to point distribution.
NoleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 01:28 PM   #1854
Mommy2TwoMickeys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan View Post
February (17.5%) & December (18.7%) are the most popular UY according to point distribution.
Where can I find this info? We just had BWV June UY ROFR'D and are now trying again for a BWV June UY.
Old 04-12-2013, 01:30 PM   #1855
NoleFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2TwoMickeys View Post
Where can I find this info? We just had BWV June UY ROFR'D and are now trying again for a BWV June UY.
http://dvcnews.com/index.php/dvc-pro...on-by-use-year

Who knows why things truly get ROFR'd- UY, price, what the wait list looks like, etc? We can speculate what Disney will decide but ultimately we never really know.
Old 04-12-2013, 01:34 PM   #1856
Silver19
Avocado Margarita

I think the use year waitlist would be more indicative of your chances to beat ROFR. And I don't think there's any way to see how deep the waitlist is for each resort and use year.

I can say that my April BWV contract just made it through, so I'd feel good if I was buying an April contract.
Silver19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 01:37 PM   #1857
NoleFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver19 View Post
I think the use year waitlist would be more indicative of your chances to beat ROFR. And I don't think there's any way to see how deep the waitlist is for each resort and use year.

I can say that my April BWV contract just made it through, so I'd feel good if I was buying an April contract.

Perhaps as that is one of the only ones that has made it through. Very lucky! Congrats!
Old 04-12-2013, 02:20 PM   #1858
Breyean
DVC Since '93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver19 View Post

I think this theory might have validity, at least from my recent case. I made it through ROFR at $90 on a VGC contract, not stripped, back in February. This was right before the rumors started about the price increase.

But I recall commenting to my broker at that time that there had been several pretty large VGC contracts that just sold with my UY and I hoped Disney would buy those and then have no need for mine when it came to them a week or two later.

I have no idea if the others passed or not, but I do know there were quite a few contracts with my UY (at a very small resort) all go to ROFR with a couple of weeks.
Breyean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 02:48 PM   #1859
NoleFan
DIS Veteran

Bcv

Have any BCV gotten taken recently?
Old 04-12-2013, 02:54 PM   #1860
Silver19
Avocado Margarita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breyean View Post
I think this theory might have validity, at least from my recent case. I made it through ROFR at $90 on a VGC contract, not stripped, back in February. This was right before the rumors started about the price increase.

But I recall commenting to my broker at that time that there had been several pretty large VGC contracts that just sold with my UY and I hoped Disney would buy those and then have no need for mine when it came to them a week or two later.

I have no idea if the others passed or not, but I do know there were quite a few contracts with my UY (at a very small resort) all go to ROFR with a couple of weeks.
I know that there was a large BWV waitlist for the March use year, because my name was on it, and I believe several March BWV contracts were ROFR'd back on Bloody Tuesday (April 2). I think waitlist length has to be a factor. Whether it's the primary factor remains a mystery.
Silver19 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: