Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 11:04 PM   #1036
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo queen View Post
Checked in today, the room is clean, could not of asked for a better location 60s lake view top floor I only requested 60s when I made my last payment, when I called back the computer system was down.. relaxing with a drink from Petals.
Hi Echo Queen! Happy that ME made it to POP. And 60s lake view (and top floor) is the best!

Enjoy! .... well I can read that you are since you are sipping a drink at Petals...

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 01-02-2013, 11:15 PM   #1037
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thej View Post
Just switched to PoP from an AoA LM room, and saved $300 for the same people & dates with the Disney Visa promotion. Excited to be going back to PoP for Star Wars Weekend this year!
Congrats on cashing in on the VISA promo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogreenlee View Post
At POP now. It's been an ok stay, but we're eating here for the first time and my husband and i just bit into two ice cold burgers, meat and all. Is that typical? He just walked them back. $10 burger should at least be hot.

I also am not crazy about being so far away from the two parks. While I don't mind the room, the theming, etc... I do think I will go back to a nicer overall experience next time. Being the last bus port at all the parks isn't awesome either when you're exhausted. I think this was the catalyst to get my husband to spend the extra for mod or deluxe and actually allow me to take the kid out of school in the off season. We've had a nice trip, but would like to be relaxed.
POP is not for everyone, as you may have found out. It can be hopping and full of energy, which for some is fine. Us Poppers don't like being the last bus stop either, but some resort has to be and POP was elected.

The food issue, however, is unacceptable. Hopefully the CM replaced your burgers with fresh hot ones.

TY Kook!

Last edited by Janet B; 01-02-2013 at 11:27 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-02-2013, 11:25 PM   #1038
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinstrip View Post
Are the rooms clean? I have read multiple reviews about how clean and awesome Pop is, but some reviews on Trip Advisor from Nov/Dec complain about the cleanliness of the rooms. I was super excited to stay there until I read those reviews. For those who have stayed there lately were the rooms up to the normal standards? I realize that it is busy season.
We've had multiple POP stays and never had an issue with our rooms not being clean. And we stay in a busy season too (summer). While certainly use the reviews as one source of info, please don't view it as the norm. Suggest that while you are at POP, if you do have any issues, bring them to the attention of management immediately. Don't wait until you back home to get satisfaction.

Hope you have a terrific stay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rarity View Post
We were there December 10 - 15 and didn't notice any cleanliness issues. Not like we ever left a huge mess, but the room was always neat and tidy when we got back every night.
Our experience too.

TY Kook!
Old 01-02-2013, 11:43 PM   #1039
Coyotesweat
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoey9989
we will be there for super bowl this year. does anyone know if they will be showing the game. We really dont want to watch it in our room. and the espn club is out of the question! thanks!
http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/0...-disney-world/

I saw this from last year on Disney food blog. I bet it will still be true. They say Super Bowl plays at all the resort food courts. Enjoy! Hubby and I are both sports-indifferent so will be at magic kingdom riding kiddie rides and monorail!

Katie. Pop Century first time feb 1-7. First disney trip in 25 yrs for me, husband last went 40 yrs ago. Hoping for quiet standard room with king bed, but we are small so could double up in a double! Quiet more important than king. Walk can be long. Lake would be nice but not necessary. Prepared to be happy regardless!
Old 01-02-2013, 11:53 PM   #1040
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvcourtneyy View Post
We'll be at POP tomorrow!! So excited!
Have a wonderful time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
1 week from today I'll be checking into POP for another wonderful stay!
And I will be seeing you soon!

TY Kook!
Old 01-03-2013, 12:04 AM   #1041
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyotesweat View Post
http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/0...-disney-world/

I saw this from last year on Disney food blog. I bet it will still be true. They say Super Bowl plays at all the resort food courts. Enjoy! Hubby and I are both sports-indifferent so will be at magic kingdom riding kiddie rides and monorail!

Katie. Pop Century first time feb 1-7. First disney trip in 25 yrs for me, husband last went 40 yrs ago. Hoping for quiet standard room with king bed, but we are small so could double up in a double! Quiet more important than king. Walk can be long. Lake would be nice but not necessary. Prepared to be happy regardless!
Thanks for the info. Usually Petals has the game on.

And that's a long time between trips! For a quieter room, go with Lakeview, upper floor (lake view is standard). King rooms are limited in supply, so it may be difficult but not impossible to get a King and a lakeview room. List your preferences in order of importance... and enjoy! I like your last sentence.

TY Kook!
Old 01-03-2013, 12:16 AM   #1042
Janet B
DIS Veteran

MOVIE SCHEDULE - January

POP Century Resort

7:00PM - By the Hippy Dippy Pool

Sunday - Toy Story
Monday -Tinker Bell: Secret of the Wing
Tuesday - Brave
Wednesday - Monsters, Inc
Thursday - Up
Friday - Phinneas & Ferb: Across the 2nd Dimension
Saturday - Alice in Wonderland

Art of Animation

7:00PM - By the Big Blue Pool

Sunday - Tangled
Monday -Tinker Bell: Secret of the Wing
Tuesday - Brave
Wednesday - Hercules
Thursday - A Goofy Movie
Friday - Finding Nemo
Saturday -The Princess and the Frog

TY Kook!
Old 01-03-2013, 12:21 AM   #1043
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Have a wonderful time!

And I will be seeing you soon!
I can't believe that when I posted that I was off by one day! Anyway I'll be there Monday night! See you Wednesday morning!!!
Old 01-03-2013, 01:28 AM   #1044
gardengalB4
DIS Veteran

How late is the Mom's night out special available in the foodcourt?
Old 01-03-2013, 04:42 AM   #1045
robinstrip
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the replies about the rooms being clean. I think I will give it a try! I have wanted to stay there for a while now.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:03 AM   #1046
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjperry View Post
Remember the Allstars and Pop food court as far as I know are ran by a outside company, but still not excuse.
Interesting, this is the first I've ever read that All Stars and Pop food courts are not run by Disney itself. Anyone have more info on this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkbucket007 View Post
Going back on March 22nd. This will be our first time paying extra and getting a Preferred Pool View room. I'm assuming this room should be directly behind Everything Pop!, beside the main pool?
Yes, the Pop 2012 map in post #2 of this thread shows that preferred pool rooms are in the 60's buildings 4 and 5 right next to the Hippy Dippy pool.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
Old 01-03-2013, 07:17 AM   #1047
thej
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinstrip View Post
Are the rooms clean? I have read multiple reviews about how clean and awesome Pop is, but some reviews on Trip Advisor from Nov/Dec complain about the cleanliness of the rooms. I was super excited to stay there until I read those reviews. For those who have stayed there lately were the rooms up to the normal standards? I realize that it is busy season.
I have to say that PoP is the one Disney resort we've stayed at where we've never had a single housekeeping issue. They were always fast, efficient, and complete. We even stayed there over New Year's last year.

That said, YMMV and around the holidays, the guest load goes up, plus there are more seasonal employees working. That seems to increase the likelihood of running into an issue. Our biggest problem occurred during the holidays at CSR.... and was clearly related to the individual that worked our room for a few days. Occasionally you are going to get somebody who is not up to keeping to the Disney standard, or just has a bad day.

In any case I wouldn't let those few reviews taint your excitement for PoP.

1977 - 1st trip to MK | 85-95 - day trips | Jun 88 - Disney Inn | May 90 - Grad Nite | May 03 - DCL | Jan 09 - CR
Jan 10 - CSR | Jun 10 - PoP | Feb 11 - ASMu | Jun 11 - DCL Alaska | Jan 12 - PoP/AKL | Jun 12 - AKL | May 13 CSR
Oct 13 - 1st Disneyland visit! | May 14 SWW- AKL

Old 01-03-2013, 07:19 AM   #1048
thej
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=Janet B;47063915]Congrats on cashing in on the VISA promo.

Thanks! While AoA looks cool, I could stay at PoP every visit, and always be happy. The discount just makes it that much easier

1977 - 1st trip to MK | 85-95 - day trips | Jun 88 - Disney Inn | May 90 - Grad Nite | May 03 - DCL | Jan 09 - CR
Jan 10 - CSR | Jun 10 - PoP | Feb 11 - ASMu | Jun 11 - DCL Alaska | Jan 12 - PoP/AKL | Jun 12 - AKL | May 13 CSR
Oct 13 - 1st Disneyland visit! | May 14 SWW- AKL

Old 01-03-2013, 07:26 AM   #1049
Allieran3
Live in my magical Disney bubble with Grumpy and a teenager!!!

I have stayed at Pop twice now and loved it. Very clean, great mousekeeper, get front desk staff.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:31 AM   #1050
MinnieMO
he touched the butt?!?!

Exclamation

Me 24 : 96 off-site
05 POR and 07,10,12,13,14 POP Century

Last edited by MinnieMO; 01-03-2013 at 08:46 AM. Reason: Found answer
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: