Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 03:06 PM   #1021
thej
DIS Veteran

Just switched to PoP from an AoA LM room, and saved $300 for the same people & dates with the Disney Visa promotion. Excited to be going back to PoP for Star Wars Weekend this year!

1977 - 1st trip to MK | 85-95 - day trips | Jun 88 - Disney Inn | May 90 - Grad Nite | May 03 - DCL | Jan 09 - CR
Jan 10 - CSR | Jun 10 - PoP | Feb 11 - ASMu | Jun 11 - DCL Alaska | Jan 12 - PoP/AKL | Jun 12 - AKL | May 13 CSR
Oct 13 - 1st Disneyland visit! | May 14 SWW- AKL

Old 01-02-2013, 03:37 PM   #1022
ogreenlee
i surely didn't want to have to use the gorillapod
I'd tell my husband to bite it, but that's just me

At POP now. It's been an ok stay, but we're eating here for the first time and my husband and i just bit into two ice cold burgers, meat and all. Is that typical? He just walked them back. $10 burger should at least be hot.

I also am not crazy about being so far away from the two parks. While I don't mind the room, the theming, etc... I do think I will go back to a nicer overall experience next time. Being the last bus port at all the parks isn't awesome either when you're exhausted. I think this was the catalyst to get my husband to spend the extra for mod or deluxe and actually allow me to take the kid out of school in the off season. We've had a nice trip, but would like to be relaxed.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-02-2013, 03:39 PM   #1023
shburks
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KELLY

Same here you would need to pay me. I prefer the back side of the resort.
Me too. They GAVE us an upgrade to 60s building pool view last August. Wish I had known to say thanks...but no thanks.

DCL: Wonder: October 2015 * Magic: January 2014 * Fantasy: October 2013 * Dream: January 2013 * Fantasy: August 2012
WDW: Beach Club Apr 2014 * Coronado Springs Oct 2013 * Boardwalk Sept 2013 * Animal Kingdom Lodge July 2013 * PO French Quarter (Jan 2013, Apr 2014) * Pop Century (Aug 2012, Dec 2009) * Wilderness Lodge (Sept, 2013, Oct 2011, Sept 2010), ASMo Dec 2003, off property: 1990, 1988, 1985
Disney's Vero Beach Resort: July 2013
Old 01-02-2013, 03:58 PM   #1024
goofyfigment
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogreenlee
At POP now. It's been an ok stay, but we're eating here for the first time and my husband and i just bit into two ice cold burgers, meat and all. Is that typical? He just walked them back. $10 burger should at least be hot.

I also am not crazy about being so far away from the two parks. While I don't mind the room, the theming, etc... I do think I will go back to a nicer overall experience next time. Being the last bus port at all the parks isn't awesome either when you're exhausted. I think this was the catalyst to get my husband to spend the extra for mod or deluxe and actually allow me to take the kid out of school in the off season. We've had a nice trip, but would like to be relaxed.
I was very disappointed with the food court as well. We normally stay at all stars so the bus stops dont bother me. I wish i thought of complaining about the food, but figured its a food court you get what you get.
1984 First Visit Off Site 1987 Off Site 1996 All Star Sports 1997 Howard Johnson Enchantedland 1998 The Spas @ Resort World 2001 Westgate Towers and HRH 2007 Sheraton Vistana Villages and HRH 2008 Parkway International and RPR 2009 All Star Sports 2010 Westgate Vacation Villas 2011 Club Seville 2011 All Star Sports 2012 Sheraton Vistana Resort and Windsor Hills 2012 Westgate Leisure Resort and POP 2013 Westgate Vacation Villas 2013 Birthday trip Royal Pacific 2013 Portofino Bay 2013 POP 2013 All Star Movies 2014 Wilderness Lodge Villas 2014 Vacation Villas At Fantasyworld2014 Boardwalk Villas2014 Vacation Villas At Fantasyworld2014 Bay Lake Towers2014 Wilderness Lodge Villas2014 Saratoga Springs
Old 01-02-2013, 06:36 PM   #1025
mjperry
One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation. Right at the start of anything that's new, one little spark lights up for you.

The Pop is not as far out as the all stars, however the all stars are not far from Animal Kingdom. It's a good idea to remember to try to enjoy being there when you get a chance to go, however the cold burger being cold I would not be happy you pay a mint for the food and it should be the best $10 burger you can get no excuse. Remember the Allstars and Pop food court as far as I know are ran by a outside company, but still not excuse.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
July - 2010 - POP
June - 2011 - POP
*Plus Three Times Off Site, before I knew better.
My Disney Blog
http://www.interplantarypodcast.blogspot.com

T

Old 01-02-2013, 07:13 PM   #1026
mrshomersimpson
Earning My Ears

I am also at pop now. Well actually i have been here for a few weeks now due to fly back home on the 13th

anyways

yes the food court is terrible. Sometimes we eat at AoA . The best food by far at pop is from the sandwich place, right at the start of the food court. However who wants to live on sandwiches for a week ?!

Having huge issues right now with photopass, honestly i feel like tearing my hair out, but front desk were helping with it. Heres hoping i get more luck with them than photopass!
Old 01-02-2013, 07:51 PM   #1027
funkbucket007
Incinerate

Going back on March 22nd. This will be our first time paying extra and getting a Preferred Pool View room. I'm assuming this room should be directly behind Everything Pop!, beside the main pool?
"We have created characters and animated them in the dimension of depth, revealing through them to our perturbed world that the things we have in common far outnumber and outweigh those that divide us." - Walt Disney

Me DW DS/11 DS/7

Old 01-02-2013, 08:05 PM   #1028
mjperry
One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation. Right at the start of anything that's new, one little spark lights up for you.

If you are in the POP lobby and facing everything POP and turn right the hippy dippy pool is right in front if you.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
July - 2010 - POP
June - 2011 - POP
*Plus Three Times Off Site, before I knew better.
My Disney Blog
http://www.interplantarypodcast.blogspot.com

T

Old 01-02-2013, 08:16 PM   #1029
Marla1106
Mouseketeer

Does the Pop food court have a microwave that you can use? Trying to decide if I should bring some food that we could eat for a quick lunch or just go with a dining plan.
Old 01-02-2013, 08:20 PM   #1030
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marla1106 View Post
Does the Pop food court have a microwave that you can use? Trying to decide if I should bring some food that we could eat for a quick lunch or just go with a dining plan.
Yes it does, on the drink station is a microwave anyone can use for anything you want to heat up.

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR

Old 01-02-2013, 08:36 PM   #1031
ogreenlee
i surely didn't want to have to use the gorillapod
I'd tell my husband to bite it, but that's just me

Yes, super glad not to be on the pool side of the 6ps, but thankful we're on the backside of 60s. We've stayed at AllStars and I think I preferred it, but our only other stay was at Coronado. I can't justify the price of a deluxe except when discounted and my husband won't let me take the kid out of school anymore. This crazy crowded stay may have changed his mind, though!
Old 01-02-2013, 09:31 PM   #1032
gardengalB4
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieMO View Post
When do these tour groups start??
From what I've read it is December-March & again June-August.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:36 PM   #1033
robinstrip
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogreenlee View Post
Yes, super glad not to be on the pool side of the 6ps, but thankful we're on the backside of 60s. We've stayed at AllStars and I think I preferred it, but our only other stay was at Coronado. I can't justify the price of a deluxe except when discounted and my husband won't let me take the kid out of school anymore. This crazy crowded stay may have changed his mind, though!
Are the rooms clean? I have read multiple reviews about how clean and awesome Pop is, but some reviews on Trip Advisor from Nov/Dec complain about the cleanliness of the rooms. I was super excited to stay there until I read those reviews. For those who have stayed there lately were the rooms up to the normal standards? I realize that it is busy season.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:49 PM   #1034
Rarity
I don't trust wheels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinstrip View Post
Are the rooms clean? I have read multiple reviews about how clean and awesome Pop is, but some reviews on Trip Advisor from Nov/Dec complain about the cleanliness of the rooms. I was super excited to stay there until I read those reviews. For those who have stayed there lately were the rooms up to the normal standards? I realize that it is busy season.
We were there December 10 - 15 and didn't notice any cleanliness issues. Not like we ever left a huge mess, but the room was always neat and tidy when we got back every night.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:20 PM   #1035
Echo queen
I like the idea of being close to the action
I had to buy another piece of luggage today and shoes and a floppy hat
The camping trip got a little hairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinstrip View Post
Checked in today, the room is clean, could not of asked for a better location 60s lake view top floor I only requested 60s when I made my last payment, when I called back the computer system was down.. relaxing with a drink from Petals.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: