Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-29-2012, 12:26 AM   #961
nw2this
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Yes. POP is designed with exterior walkways; and the elevators are located in the middle of the "t" intersection, and this area is open making it possible to walk thru this middle section to go from the back (i.e. non pool side) to a pool side area.

The 80s (bldgs 7 & 9) do offer standard pool views, as well as bldg 8 (90s). And you can see (from an angle) the pool from the courtyard rooms of both 7 & 9 that face or open up on the pool side of the buildings.

We like standard rooms (request lake view) in bldgs 3, 4 or 5, and in my opinion they are convenient to Classic Hall and busing.
Thanks for the info. Will request a standard in building 4 or 5 or 8.
nw2this is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 08:14 AM   #962
milmore104
My DH is "Dusty Boots"

Im sure this has been asked but I can't seem to find it... Do POP and AoA share a bus? TIA

milmore104 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-29-2012, 08:51 AM   #963
nfggirl5454
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by milmore104 View Post
Im sure this has been asked but I can't seem to find it... Do POP and AoA share a bus? TIA
They didn't when I was there in early December. However, on one of our afternoons back from AK, the bus driver got mixed-up about our location and tried to drop us off at AoA.
nfggirl5454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:15 AM   #964
Cinderella's slipper
A cross between Cinderella and Winnie the Pooh - "uniquely me"

Pop & AoA

Quote:
Originally Posted by milmore104 View Post
They didn't share busses when we were there in October; however, when leaving from Downtown Disney, we found that AoA had significantly better bus service, so we road the AoA bus and then made the short walk back to Pop. Happy Planning.

Linda ~~WDW Commando Club #200
October 1982 offsite -- October 1986 offsite
Many trips in between -POFQ -- Disney World Land & Sea Cruise Poly, Sept 2001 -- POR, Sept 2002 -- Disneyland, Aug 2005 --Shades of Green, Feb 2008 -- Dreams Come True Trip, AKL, Oct 2009 --POFQ, Sept 2011 -- Pop Century, Oct 2012 -- Offsite, March 2014 an all girls trip.
Cinderella's slipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:35 AM   #965
Marla1106
Mouseketeer

We went to Pop two years ago... well almost two years ago. Back then they didn't have all the extra room categories. They only had standard and preferred. We stayed Standard, and were behind the big mickey phone, second floor. We loved this location and our room.

What category would this room/location be in today? Is it still just a standard room?
Marla1106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:21 AM   #966
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marla1106 View Post
We went to Pop two years ago... well almost two years ago. Back then they didn't have all the extra room categories. They only had standard and preferred. We stayed Standard, and were behind the big mickey phone, second floor. We loved this location and our room.

What category would this room/location be in today? Is it still just a standard room?
It should still be a standard room. The new categories are preferred pool view and standard pool view, and so with no pool the 70's section (where the Mickey phone icon is located) is still with the same standard and preferred sections. The Pop Century 2012 Map in post #2 of this FAQ thread shows you where the room categories are supposed to be.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 2 | DCL: 2
Next: Aug 2014 DLR
jcarwash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:54 AM   #967
Belle83
DIS Veteran

I think that we'll be staying at Pop Century for the first time 4/18-4/23!

It's our first stay at a value resort. Do they still have frozen coke in the food court?
Old 12-29-2012, 11:56 AM   #968
Marla1106
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash View Post
It should still be a standard room. The new categories are preferred pool view and standard pool view, and so with no pool the 70's section (where the Mickey phone icon is located) is still with the same standard and preferred sections. The Pop Century 2012 Map in post #2 of this FAQ thread shows you where the room categories are supposed to be.
Thanks so much! I couldn't even remember what building we stayed in. So that helps a lot. I found out that my sister had brain cancer on that trip so much of it is a blur.
Marla1106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 01:06 PM   #969
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle83 View Post
I think that we'll be staying at Pop Century for the first time 4/18-4/23!

It's our first stay at a value resort. Do they still have frozen coke in the food court?
Sadly, no, the frozen Coke machines have been gone for a couple of years or so.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 2 | DCL: 2
Next: Aug 2014 DLR
jcarwash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 06:06 PM   #970
HappyGal
DIS Veteran

I was feeling crafty today so I made these to surprise the kids on Valentine's Day! It's 50 links with Disney facts/quotes.

Monica
HappyGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 06:29 PM   #971
bear_mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyGal View Post

I was feeling crafty today so I made these to surprise the kids on Valentine's Day! It's 50 links with Disney facts/quotes.
Very cute! Can you post your facts/quotes? I would like to copy your idea.

Emily
bear_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 07:39 PM   #972
HappyGal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear_mom View Post
Very cute! Can you post your facts/quotes? I would like to copy your idea.

Emily
I can send it to you if you pm your email address.

Monica
HappyGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 08:46 PM   #973
StacyMarie
DIS Veteran

Hello my Poppers! I have missed you all. Last time I was here, I sadly thought we would not be traveling back to the world in 2013 because my daughter is graduating high school and we were planning a senior trip for her to Mexico. Low and behold about a week ago, she advised me she would much rather go to her happy place - DISNEY!

Janet-

I have a question for you and I'm pretty sure you'll know the answer with your awesome knowledge of all things Disney/Pop. I know there is going to be an offer released to the general public that just became available to Disney Visa card holders. The Visa offer is for travel dates 2/18-3/23, 4/2-6/14 for up to 30% off select resorts. My question is as long as we check in on 6/13, we should get the percentage off for our entire stay, even if we are there beyond 6/14. Can you refresh my memory about this. I'm pretty sure as long as we check in during the special, that we get the special for the entire time????????

Stacy Jay Natalee Sydnee
Disney's Pop Century August 2012 August 2011 Pop Century Disney's Polynesian August 2010 Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort August 2009 Grand Floridian - October 1997
StacyMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:05 PM   #974
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by StacyMarie View Post
Hello my Poppers! I have missed you all. Last time I was here, I sadly thought we would not be traveling back to the world in 2013 because my daughter is graduating high school and we were planning a senior trip for her to Mexico. Low and behold about a week ago, she advised me she would much rather go to her happy place - DISNEY!

Janet-

I have a question for you and I'm pretty sure you'll know the answer with your awesome knowledge of all things Disney/Pop. I know there is going to be an offer released to the general public that just became available to Disney Visa card holders. The Visa offer is for travel dates 2/18-3/23, 4/2-6/14 for up to 30% off select resorts. My question is as long as we check in on 6/13, we should get the percentage off for our entire stay, even if we are there beyond 6/14. Can you refresh my memory about this. I'm pretty sure as long as we check in during the special, that we get the special for the entire time????????
Hi Stacy So nice to "see" you pop in here. And for your daughter choosing Disney - the smart choice.

Unfortunately percentage off room rates applies only to those specific dates/timeframes that fall under the promotion. You may be thinking of free dining which does extend outside the promotion period as long as a guest arrives on or before the last day of the promotion end date.

Disney used to allow guests to check in during one season and keep the same room rate even when it overlapped another season, but that is long gone.

But it is exciting for you all to be planning a trip back to Disney! Just think of the fun you will have.

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Janet B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:09 PM   #975
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyGal View Post
[I was feeling crafty today so I made these to surprise the kids on Valentine's Day! It's 50 links with Disney facts/quotes.

HappyGal
... I love them!! Very nice You can be my valentine too

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Janet B is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: