Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-27-2012, 06:31 PM   #946
VeganCupcake
Almost an Expert

Location: Palm Springs, Fl - about 2.5 hours away from The Most Magical Place On Earth!

Hi everyone what hours is the gift shop open? Tia!
Old 12-27-2012, 07:00 PM   #947
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjenkids
I didn't even mention the problems with the CM, lots to think on and write down for a long letter. We decided to use POP first off because the kids wanted it, free dining-QS( with a family if 6, QS works better) I wanted POF, either way, we have to get 2 rooms. I even asked the CM if we are treated this way because it was a cheaper resort-ya that didn't help-just made them roll their eyes at us!
I'm truly sorry to hear that you had such a bad experience and all. But honestly your remark about the cheaper resort was uncalled for IMO. You get more flies with honey than vinegar. Whenever I have had a problem there I have gone to mgt and said to the manager..."I have a problem. It is XYZ. What can you do to help me straighten this situation out?" It has always gotten me great results and often BETTER than what I was hoping for!!! But I talk respectfully. When someone talks down or makes remarks like that, the CMs know that no matter what they do they have a very little chance of making You (person who made snotty comment) happy. So honestly, why bother? And truthly, I have to agree. I think your comment was rude and out of line. What purpose did it really serve? honestly? Did you feel better after saying it? I'm sure the CM felt better after hearing it...Not.
I don't believe that Disney and it's CMs are perfect. But they are human beings and should be treated like people with feelings. I really have found no matter where in WDW I am, if I have a problem and I talk calmly & rationally to the CMs, I really get a very reasonable resolution to my problem. But talking down to someone doesn't help your case, at least not IMO.
And I'm sure you know and have been told MANY times connecting rooms are not guaranteed if you had two adults. That is a HUGE risk you took going at the busiest time of year and 'needing' connecting rooms. I guess POP is not a good fit for your family. It seems like you need to go with a villa or something that will 'guarantee' you the connecting space that you require and maybe then you won't feel like you are being treated so 'poorly' because you are at the lowly value resorts because family suites fall into the value category too!

Posted from Disney Forums Reader for Android
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-27-2012, 07:54 PM   #948
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchlovestink View Post
I'm truly sorry to hear that you had such a bad experience and all. But honestly your remark about the cheaper resort was uncalled for IMO. You get more flies with honey than vinegar. Whenever I have had a problem there I have gone to mgt and said to the manager..."I have a problem. It is XYZ. What can you do to help me straighten this situation out?" It has always gotten me great results and often BETTER than what I was hoping for!!! But I talk respectfully. When someone talks down or makes remarks like that, the CMs know that no matter what they do they have a very little chance of making You (person who made snotty comment) happy. So honestly, why bother? And truthly, I have to agree. I think your comment was rude and out of line. What purpose did it really serve? honestly? Did you feel better after saying it? I'm sure the CM felt better after hearing it...Not.
I don't believe that Disney and it's CMs are perfect. But they are human beings and should be treated like people with feelings. I really have found no matter where in WDW I am, if I have a problem and I talk calmly & rationally to the CMs, I really get a very reasonable resolution to my problem. But talking down to someone doesn't help your case, at least not IMO.
And I'm sure you know and have been told MANY times connecting rooms are not guaranteed if you had two adults. That is a HUGE risk you took going at the busiest time of year and 'needing' connecting rooms. I guess POP is not a good fit for your family. It seems like you need to go with a villa or something that will 'guarantee' you the connecting space that you require and maybe then you won't feel like you are being treated so 'poorly' because you are at the lowly value resorts because family suites fall into the value category too!

I agree with this so much!

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR

Old 12-27-2012, 08:17 PM   #949
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeganCupcake
Hi everyone what hours is the gift shop open? Tia!
6am to midnight same as the food court

Old 12-28-2012, 01:21 AM   #950
KuyaJeff
Mouseketeer

With less than 28 days left...I come with good news! I'm going to be back in Pop in late January! ...I'm bringing company this time! We originally booked AKL, financial issues constricted us a bit and we wanted to change to a moderate. But after logically going through all of them and their features, we couldn't convince ourselves that they would give us more bang for our buck than Pop!

We have a preferred pool view room booked! After looking at maps and such, am I correct in figuring that there's only 3 non-accessible king rooms? I need to call in some room preferences to be noted.
Old 12-28-2012, 11:34 AM   #951
The Wise One
Mouseketeer

Are there mini-fridges in the POP rooms?
1st WDW Trip: November 2009 - Coronado Springs
2nd: December 2011 - All Star Movies
3rd: January 6th, 2013- Pop Century Resort
First DCL: May 25th, 2013- FANTASY!
4th: June 2013 - Art of Animation
5th: November 2013 - Coronado Springs
Old 12-28-2012, 12:15 PM   #952
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wise One
Are there mini-fridges in the POP rooms?
yes

Old 12-28-2012, 12:58 PM   #953
KELLY
DIS Veteran

Now that the holidays are over. I'm back.

Many Trips the past 7 years at pop with free dining!
Me , DH , DD 9 and DD 6
Old 12-28-2012, 01:03 PM   #954
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KELLY View Post
Now that the holidays are over. I'm back.
Did I miss New Year's Eve?
Old 12-28-2012, 03:00 PM   #955
mlittig
DIS Veteran

If you did, so did I

5/87 Polynesian 5/90 Polynesian 12/02 Off site 8/08 French Quarter 6/09 French Quarter 8/09 All Star Sports 4/10 French Quarter 12/10 Old Key West 4/11 Old Key West 8/11 Pop 9/11 Pop 4/12 Old Key West 8/12 Old Key West 4/13 Old Key West 8/13 Old Key West 4/14 Old Key West 8/14 Old Key West 4/17/15 Old Key West
Old 12-28-2012, 08:20 PM   #956
nw2this
Earning My Ears

near the pool but not pool view

We'd like a room as close to the action as possible with out paying extra.

Can you walk through the center of the 'T' shape to get from the non-pool view to rooms to the pool view rooms? in other words from back to front? or do you have to walk all the way around the building?

Based on the map the 80's buildings don't have pool views. Can you actually can see the 90's pool from the 80's courtyard rooms even though they aren't designated as pool views?

Thanks.

Last edited by nw2this; 12-28-2012 at 08:38 PM.
Old 12-28-2012, 08:52 PM   #957
cajunbaby1
DIS Veteran

Hey y'all hope everyone had a good xmas.
I've changed from POR to the POP due to money issues. Having never stayed at Either resort so really no biggie.
Question is--Standard or Prefered?? It's gonna just be me yea so no kiddie issues. Is it worth the price difference? Would not like to have to wal like a gazillion miles to the food court, shopping.
Also did they update the Pop Century lately? I can't remember if they did or not recently.

Thanks in advance. I love this site!!
Old 12-28-2012, 09:07 PM   #958
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunbaby1 View Post
I've changed from POR to the POP due to money issues. Having never stayed at Either resort so really no biggie.
Question is--Standard or Prefered?? It's gonna just be me yea so no kiddie issues. Is it worth the price difference? Would not like to have to wal like a gazillion miles to the food court, shopping.
Also did they update the Pop Century lately? I can't remember if they did or not recently.

I vote Standard. As you pointed out already, the farthest walk is still not far at all, so I wouldn't waste the $$ for Preferred. I've stayed at POP solo twice and done Standard both times. Earlier this month I was Standard in building 5 (lakeview) and it took less than 2 minutes to get from my room to Classic Hall.

They updated POP Century's rooms recently. New mattresses, TVs, dressers, new paint...Also added a mini-fridge and a curtain for the vanity area.

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR

Old 12-28-2012, 09:20 PM   #959
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunbaby1 View Post

Another vote for standard We actually prefer the lake view rooms (which are considered standard). Remember too that if you are not happy with your room location you can always ask the CM at check in for another room and they will do their best to accommodate you.

As PhoenixStrength stated POP went thru a refurb with new mattresses, flat screen TVs, privacy curtain, paint, entertainment/dresser units, etc. in 2010. Mini fridges were added in March of this year (finally ).

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!

Last edited by Janet B; 12-28-2012 at 09:35 PM.
Old 12-28-2012, 09:34 PM   #960
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nw2this View Post
We'd like a room as close to the action as possible with out paying extra.

Can you walk through the center of the 'T' shape to get from the non-pool view to rooms to the pool view rooms? in other words from back to front? or do you have to walk all the way around the building?

Based on the map the 80's buildings don't have pool views. Can you actually can see the 90's pool from the 80's courtyard rooms even though they aren't designated as pool views?

Thanks.
Yes. POP is designed with exterior walkways; and the elevators are located in the middle of the "t" intersection, and this area is open making it possible to walk thru this middle section to go from the back (i.e. non pool side) to a pool side area.

The 80s (bldgs 7 & 9) do offer standard pool views, as well as bldg 8 (90s). And you can see (from an angle) the pool from the courtyard rooms of both 7 & 9 that face or open up on the pool side of the buildings.

We like standard rooms (request lake view) in bldgs 3, 4 or 5, and in my opinion they are convenient to Classic Hall and busing.

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: