Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 12-06-2012, 08:11 AM   #781
vikkil70
Mouseketeer
 
vikkil70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Mechanicsville, VA
Posts: 151

Can't believe it's almost time. We leave for Disney and Pop Century tomorrow night! Our first trip at Christmastime. WOOHOO!!!! Time to finish packing!
vikkil70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:31 PM   #782
goofgal31
Mouseketeer
 
goofgal31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 119

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikkil70 View Post
Can't believe it's almost time. We leave for Disney and Pop Century tomorrow night! Our first trip at Christmastime. WOOHOO!!!! Time to finish packing!
We just returned from our first christmas trip. It was amazing! It was very interesting at Epcot listening to the stories of each countries christmas traditions. And DHS's Osbornes lights are amazing.

We also went to MVMCP. I have to say that no parade will ever compare to that one. I was absolutely amazed when I realized that the floats had scents coming from them that matched the theme of the float!

Sorry to ramble, but it really was an amazing trip. lol
goofgal31 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 12-06-2012, 03:24 PM   #783
Coopers2006
Coopers2006
 
Coopers2006's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Music city USA
Posts: 120

Does anyone know which room or building is closest to a DSA but not too far from food court. I heard they removed the one from the back of Classic hall and Im glad because it was just too much smoke in one area. My hubby likes to smoke in the morning with his coffee, but I dont want to be to far from the coffee in the food court.
__________________
visaJGtishRog
Coopers2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:40 PM   #784
PrinceAdam
Earning My Ears
 
PrinceAdam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 31

Would I call POP directly to request a King size bed for my trip in April?
PrinceAdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:47 PM   #785
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!
 
Minnie&Nana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: MA/NC
Posts: 15,620

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceAdam View Post
Would I call POP directly to request a King size bed for my trip in April?
Even when you call the direct resort number it does not go to a resort, but to a call center CM who answers with the resort name. All they do is access your reservation, exactly the same way as calling Disney Reservations...so always best to call central reservations and ask for any requests to be added. Remember, no more than 3 requests and in order of preference.

So, call central reservations now and add your request for a king room - these rooms are limited and several are handicap rooms, but if the resort is not full, you might get your request - and can always ask at check-in if one is available.

Hope this helps!
__________________
Christine

Minnie&Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:51 PM   #786
Allieran3
Live in my magical Disney bubble with Grumpy and a teenager!!!
 
Allieran3's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Lehighton Pa
Posts: 515

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikkil70 View Post
Can't believe it's almost time. We leave for Disney and Pop Century tomorrow night! Our first trip at Christmastime. WOOHOO!!!! Time to finish packing!
Have a great time. We left today and had an awesome time
__________________
Just returned from a wonderful 10 day Disney Dream Vacation
Allieran3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:03 PM   #787
SPAM
DIS Veteran
 
SPAM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 3,470

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coopers2006 View Post
Does anyone know which room or building is closest to a DSA but not too far from food court. I heard they removed the one from the back of Classic hall and Im glad because it was just too much smoke in one area. My hubby likes to smoke in the morning with his coffee, but I dont want to be to far from the coffee in the food court.
Did they really remove that one? Do smokers have to go to the perimeter to smoke now?
__________________
Ashleigh
SPAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 03:36 PM   #788
pittsburghmom
Mouseketeer
 
pittsburghmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 189

Pop groceries?

Question for all you POP experts. Can you buy the following items at the resort grocery? (if there is a thread or blog that lists these, please point me in the right direction)

Boxes of cereal
Milk (1/2 gal or gal)
Bags of bagels
Cream Cheese
Cartons of OJ
Boxes of donuts

As you can see, I am looking to purchase some breakfast items for the room. I've done a "mock" Garden Grocer order and still haven't reached the $40 minimum (plus the $12 delivery fee). Anyway, what breakfast items are available to purchase without buying at the food court.

Thanks!!!
pittsburghmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:32 PM   #789
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!
 
Sandi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: East Lansing, Michigan USA
Posts: 5,208

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPAM View Post
Did they really remove that one? Do smokers have to go to the perimeter to smoke now?
They moved the one that was directly outside the back entrance -- it was on the right side as you exit. Now there is one that is on the left side as you exit, but at the building's edge, so you don't have to walk through the smoke to get out of the building. There are other DSAs throughout the resort; several along the pathway by the lake. There are plenty of places for smokers to do their thing.
__________________
Have a Disney Day! -Sandi

Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:37 PM   #790
PrinceAdam
Earning My Ears
 
PrinceAdam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
Even when you call the direct resort number it does not go to a resort, but to a call center CM who answers with the resort name. All they do is access your reservation, exactly the same way as calling Disney Reservations...so always best to call central reservations and ask for any requests to be added. Remember, no more than 3 requests and in order of preference.

So, call central reservations now and add your request for a king room - these rooms are limited and several are handicap rooms, but if the resort is not full, you might get your request - and can always ask at check-in if one is available.

Hope this helps!
Called the girl said "Just to let you know 75% of the rooms are double beds so bank on getting that" lol...sounds promising.
PrinceAdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:38 PM   #791
Janet B
DIS Veteran
 
Janet B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Harleysville, PA
Posts: 3,871

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coopers2006 View Post
Does anyone know which room or building is closest to a DSA but not too far from food court. I heard they removed the one from the back of Classic hall and Im glad because it was just too much smoke in one area. My hubby likes to smoke in the morning with his coffee, but I dont want to be to far from the coffee in the food court.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPAM View Post
Did they really remove that one? Do smokers have to go to the perimeter to smoke now?
Disney did remove the DSA that was located off to the side of back entrance to Classic Hall (near the Petals Bar).

There is a DSA to the far left of Classic Hall (near the former Goofy POP Jets area) bldgs 10 & 6 & 5 are convenient.

In the 50s area there is a DSA near the doghouse - so anyone of the 50s bldgs (1, 2, or 3) or bldg 4 (60s).

For any of the lake view rooms in bldgs 2,3,4,5,6 there are several DSAs that line memory lane.

Refering to the 2012 map, note the DSA and smoking symbols (ignore the now removed DSAs by Classic Hall).
__________________
Janet

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Janet B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:41 PM   #792
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!
 
Sandi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: East Lansing, Michigan USA
Posts: 5,208

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsburghmom View Post
Question for all you POP experts. Can you buy the following items at the resort grocery? (if there is a thread or blog that lists these, please point me in the right direction)

Boxes of cereal
Milk (1/2 gal or gal)
Bags of bagels
Cream Cheese
Cartons of OJ
Boxes of donuts

As you can see, I am looking to purchase some breakfast items for the room. I've done a "mock" Garden Grocer order and still haven't reached the $40 minimum (plus the $12 delivery fee). Anyway, what breakfast items are available to purchase without buying at the food court.

Thanks!!!
The grocery type items are actually in the food court area, not the store part. I have purchased 1/2 gallons of milk, so I know they sell that. They also sell individual servings of Kellogg's cereals -- limited variety. There are also boxes of donuts.

As for the rest of the items you list, someone else will chime in. I know I've seen posts with photos of the alcohol selection -- seems like there must also be photos of the food. I'm just not sure where. Janet, oh Janet. (She knows everything Pop!)
__________________
Have a Disney Day! -Sandi

Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:48 PM   #793
Janet B
DIS Veteran
 
Janet B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Harleysville, PA
Posts: 3,871

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceAdam View Post
Would I call POP directly to request a King size bed for my trip in April?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
So, call central reservations now and add your request for a king room - these rooms are limited and several are handicap rooms, but if the resort is not full, you might get your request - and can always ask at check-in if one is available.
Minnie&Nana is correct in that you should call and have this request immediately noted to your reservation.

Note too, it will depend on your booking category to a degree (for example if you book pref pool, there are limited rooms that fall under that category, but being booked under the standard category offers a great number of rooms.

Since King rooms are limited in supply, if you do not have one at check in, it's possible one may be available in another location of the resort so suggest you be flexible if a King room is your most important request.

Good luck!!
__________________
Janet

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Janet B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:02 PM   #794
Janet B
DIS Veteran
 
Janet B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Harleysville, PA
Posts: 3,871

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsburghmom View Post
Question for all you POP experts. Can you buy the following items at the resort grocery? (if there is a thread or blog that lists these, please point me in the right direction)

Boxes of cereal
Milk (1/2 gal or gal)
Bags of bagels
Cream Cheese
Cartons of OJ
Boxes of donuts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi View Post
The grocery type items are actually in the food court area, not the store part. I have purchased 1/2 gallons of milk, so I know they sell that. They also sell individual servings of Kellogg's cereals -- limited variety. There are also boxes of donuts.

As for the rest of the items you list, someone else will chime in. I know I've seen posts with photos of the alcohol selection -- seems like there must also be photos of the food. I'm just not sure where. Janet, oh Janet. (She knows everything Pop!)

Well, how I wish I DID know everything!!

As Sandi stated (who knows quite a bit about POP) there are 1/2 gallons of milk (whole, 1%); individual cream cheese, OJ (2 sizes) ... will have to check thru my pix from the summer to jog my memory and get back to you ...It's Friday and I'm about toast about now .... There are tons of POPers who probably have a concrete answer for you, they may chime in..

You did not list water, fyi have heard they sell a case at AoA food court.

Sandi!!
__________________
Janet

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Janet B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:08 PM   #795
Janet B
DIS Veteran
 
Janet B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Harleysville, PA
Posts: 3,871

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikkil70 View Post
Can't believe it's almost time. We leave for Disney and Pop Century tomorrow night! Our first trip at Christmastime. WOOHOO!!!! Time to finish packing!
Hope you are having a fabulous time!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofgal31 View Post
We just returned from our first christmas trip. It was amazing! It was very interesting at Epcot listening to the stories of each countries christmas traditions. And DHS's Osbornes lights are amazing.
This is something that I'd like to be able to see and hear too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofgal31 View Post
We also went to MVMCP. I have to say that no parade will ever compare to that one. I was absolutely amazed when I realized that the floats had scents coming from them that matched the theme of the float!

Sorry to ramble, but it really was an amazing trip. lol
Welcome back! We may be going next December and that's interesting to know about the scented floats... I actually went to MVMCP in '10 but do not remember the scents...it was cold, do you think that had something to do with it??

Happy you had an amazing time!
__________________
Janet

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Janet B is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:25 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: