Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2013, 12:16 PM   #3616
faithsmth
Mouseketeer

I cannot stop looking at the POP videos on youtube. This place looks awesome. We have reservations a the AOA for October; however, if fall free dining comes out, we will have to change our reservations to POP. I think that my four year old will love this place. Which building is recommended the most?

Me DH DD

Old 07-17-2013, 12:35 PM   #3617
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithsmth
I cannot stop looking at the POP videos on youtube. This place looks awesome. We have reservations a the AOA for October; however, if fall free dining comes out, we will have to change our reservations to POP. I think that my four year old will love this place. Which building is recommended the most?
You'll get a variety of opinions on here for a variety of reasons!

My personal favorite is the 50's section (bldgs 1 or 3). It is close to Classic Hall & the bus stops and is pretty quiet which is important to me. I also love the fact that it is fairly convenient to RAC & luggage assistance on checkout day!!! I have been a solo traveler (for all intents and purposes....when visiting DD she has to stick to her work schedule so I can't count on her to be there at check out time!) several times this year so it works exceptionally well for me!!! My second favorite section is the 60's! It's a close second to the 50's but I only like lakeview in the 60's...poolview is too noisy for me. But lakeview is quiet and just lovely!! Also close to Classic Hall & the bus stops!!
Hope you have a great trip and You will Love POP! Be sure to check out the shadow boxes in the lobby and watch the CMs (or join in if you so desire!) do the Hustle in the food court at 6pm! It's so much fun there!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-17-2013, 12:37 PM   #3618
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchlovestink View Post
But honestly, the occupancy rate was WAY DOWN before the menu changeover! It has been low for months! And the menu didn't change until 5/1...so I'm not convinced that has anything at all to do with the low occupancy rate.
According to the higher end managers (two) that I spoke with and they said this was off the record and their opinion only... Disney values were starting to price themselves out of the market. People are going off property to hotels around DTD & getting nice hotel rooms that are cheaper & MUCH larger. So unless someone absolutely doesn't want to rent a car, people are going off property and getting more for their $$.
I chose Pop four times from 2008-2011. This year, I switched to All-Star Movies. Why? Because I don't see that I want to spend $10 extra a night for a standard room at Pop over a standard room at an All-Star. And I was all set to stay off-site until there was a summer room discount offered. At rack rates it was cheaper for me to stay off site and rent a car.

When I do look to stay on site, I don't plan to return to Pop if these tiered prices are in place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbhammonds View Post
We visited Pop Century in the spring of 2012 and we loved it!! The only drawback for us was that it only offered 2 doubles instead of 2 queens...
Yeah, all the values (including the Little Mermaid rooms at AoA) have double beds. As does Caribbean Beach still...

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
Old 07-17-2013, 12:58 PM   #3619
faithsmth
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchlovestink View Post
You'll get a variety of opinions on here for a variety of reasons!

My personal favorite is the 50's section (bldgs 1 or 3). It is close to Classic Hall & the bus stops and is pretty quiet which is important to me. I also love the fact that it is fairly convenient to RAC & luggage assistance on checkout day!!! I have been a solo traveler (for all intents and purposes....when visiting DD she has to stick to her work schedule so I can't count on her to be there at check out time!) several times this year so it works exceptionally well for me!!! My second favorite section is the 60's! It's a close second to the 50's but I only like lakeview in the 60's...poolview is too noisy for me. But lakeview is quiet and just lovely!! Also close to Classic Hall & the bus stops!!
Hope you have a great trip and You will Love POP! Be sure to check out the shadow boxes in the lobby and watch the CMs (or join in if you so desire!) do the Hustle in the food court at 6pm! It's so much fun there!!
Wow!! I will definitely keep that in mind when we request an area. Thanks.

Me DH DD

Old 07-17-2013, 01:16 PM   #3620
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithsmth View Post
We stay in building 9 on the 4th floor and request to be close to transportation. It is a very quick walk to the buses. Please, please, please take some time to explore the shadow boxes in the lobby. They are full of toys and items from the different decades. Our kids were very interested in seeing previous versions of their current toys and seeing what their mom and dad played with. It is so awesome to see all of the great stuff we had growing up.
Old 07-17-2013, 01:22 PM   #3621
faithsmth
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
We stay in building 9 on the 4th floor and request to be close to transportation. It is a very quick walk to the buses. Please, please, please take some time to explore the shadow boxes in the lobby. They are full of toys and items from the different decades. Our kids were very interested in seeing previous versions of their current toys and seeing what their mom and dad played with. It is so awesome to see all of the great stuff we had growing up.
Great. Thanks. We will be sure to check out the shadow boxes. I might enjoy them more than my four year old. I'm still a big kid myself.

Me DH DD

Old 07-17-2013, 01:59 PM   #3622
bluezy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithsmth View Post
My favorite location was 60's section; Bldg 4; 4th Floor; Rooms 4450 & 4451 (lakeview). We were right by the elevator and stairs (as well as the ice and vending machines). The location was quiet and close to everything. The pool was just a few steps away but since our room wasn't facing it we didn't have to hear the noise. Classic Hall and the bus stops were a very quick walk. And as a bonus, we could see some of the fireworks from Epcot and Hollywood Studios from our room.
Old 07-17-2013, 03:58 PM   #3623
Minnesota!
Shoeless in Minnesota
Has lots of rules in bed
Must have my Jelly Belly's from the Main Street candy store
I am quite spacy

We love the 80's and 90's section. Close to a pool, laundry, and super close to the busses.

All I ever ask for is high floor near laundry...we have gotten every decade except 60's...will be interesting to see what this next time brings!

Old 07-17-2013, 05:25 PM   #3624
FrugalFashionista
Mouseketeer

December is going to be the first time staying on Disney property and we are staying at Pop! We debated upgrading if we get free dining but DH thinks the kids will have the most fun at Pop.

We are thinking of requesting the Tramp building or Lady building. Any suggestions?
DS6

First Family Trip: December 2013

Already planning for 2015!
Old 07-17-2013, 05:46 PM   #3625
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesota! View Post
We love the 80's and 90's section. Close to a pool, laundry, and super close to the busses.

All I ever ask for is high floor near laundry...we have gotten every decade except 60's...will be interesting to see what this next time brings!
Gotta love the PAC man!!....And like you we request 4th floor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalFashionista View Post
December is going to be the first time staying on Disney property and we are staying at Pop! We debated upgrading if we get free dining but DH thinks the kids will have the most fun at Pop.

We are thinking of requesting the Tramp building or Lady building. Any suggestions?
Can't go wrong with either we prefer Tramp as we book standard and request lake view. many Lady lovers here

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 07-17-2013, 05:54 PM   #3626
seadd67
DIS Veteran

For you solo POP'S, whats your experience like in and around POP?. Do you hang out more In the room(when your not in the park), by the pool,inside the main building. I know everyone Is different, i am just trying to get a feel for the environment
Old 07-17-2013, 06:24 PM   #3627
FrugalFashionista
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post

Gotta love the PAC man!!....And like you we request 4th floor

Can't go wrong with either we prefer Tramp as we book standard and request lake view. many Lady lovers here
Why the fourth floor?
DS6

Old 07-17-2013, 06:30 PM   #3628
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalFashionista View Post
Why the fourth floor?
No one walking above you. Less noise! We always ask for the fourth floor.
Old 07-17-2013, 06:37 PM   #3629
FrugalFashionista
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post

No one walking above you. Less noise! We always ask for the fourth floor.
Sold! My son won't go to sleep if heats people and thinks they are up having fun and he's not!
DS6

Old 07-17-2013, 06:46 PM   #3630
momtwoboys
DIS Veteran

bld #9 is our favorite too! we have stayed on all the floors and each time has been quiet...the 2nd floor was surprisingly quiet and easy to walk up 1 flight. Love the location of that bld
DS (14)
Lily
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: