Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2013, 06:11 PM   #3571
bluezy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOOFYsince71 View Post
As long as they have the Chicken Penne Alfredo.,,,,I will ALWAYS go there!

I'm pretty sure that's off the menu now. We were at AoA a few weeks ago and walked over to Pop for lunch one day. No Chicken Penne Alfredo (it was my favorite meal there -- however, you can "recreate" it over at the create-your-own pasta station at Landscape of Flavors in AoA.). The station that makes the tacos/nachos/etc. wasn't open and one whole beverage island was "roped off" (not just one machine -- the entire island). This was around noon so I'm not sure why a big chunk of the food court wasn't operating. We were a little disappointed as we had walked over there for the Chicken Penne Alfredo and tacos. :-( We've stayed at Pop several times and always loved the food court but we were very happy we weren't staying there on this trip.
Old 07-15-2013, 06:19 PM   #3572
lovesdumbo
DIS Veteran

The menu linked on page 1 doesn't show what's only available at lunch and what is just dinner.

I tried the made to order tacos at lunch one day and enjoyed them so I wanted to have them again one day we were there for dinner but they weren't available.
Register to remove

Old 07-15-2013, 07:49 PM   #3573
Gibbygirl
why am I here when I should be there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat016

Ok..phew...just read it wrong. Do they refill it daily, by chance? I don't need lotion so that's no biggie.
OP here--sorry for the confusion. Thanks to those who cleared it up.
Old 07-15-2013, 08:05 PM   #3574
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbygirl

OP here--sorry for the confusion. Thanks to those who cleared it up.
Lol no problem. I don't want to pack more than I have to...it takes up valuable souvenir space!
Old 07-15-2013, 08:49 PM   #3575
laceyinwonderland
Mouseketeer

Im hoping someone here can give me some opinions and insight. We've stayed at Pop twice with a preferred room, and loved it! This year, after running the numbers between Pop preferred and POFQ standard, after upgrading to regular dining if at pop, there is only a $100 difference. Has anyone stayed at both of these resorts? Our girls are 5 and 1, so I know they will like the theme of Pop better. Our trip is in Nov, so the pools will probably be too cold for our southern blood! I realize its just a matter of preference, but Im having a very hard time deciding. A part of me wants to do Pop b/c we know it and love it. But another part of me things for such a small amount more, we could try a Moderate. Are they that much better if you don't plan to take advantage of the pool? Ay yi yi!!! Any help would be much appreciated!!!
Dec 2011 POP
Nov 2013 AOA/POP

June 2014 offsite/AKV Happy Bday to ME!
Sept 2014 POFQ
Old 07-15-2013, 08:55 PM   #3576
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Quote:
Originally Posted by laceyinwonderland View Post
Im hoping someone here can give me some opinions and insight. We've stayed at Pop twice with a preferred room, and loved it! This year, after running the numbers between Pop preferred and POFQ standard, after upgrading to regular dining if at pop, there is only a $100 difference. Has anyone stayed at both of these resorts? Our girls are 5 and 1, so I know they will like the theme of Pop better. Our trip is in Nov, so the pools will probably be too cold for our southern blood! I realize its just a matter of preference, but Im having a very hard time deciding. A part of me wants to do Pop b/c we know it and love it. But another part of me things for such a small amount more, we could try a Moderate. Are they that much better if you don't plan to take advantage of the pool? Ay yi yi!!! Any help would be much appreciated!!!

We have stayed at both a few times and love them both. Both have great theming but in a different way. POFQ isn't that large and is a great place to try a moderate.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

Old 07-15-2013, 08:55 PM   #3577
Cinderumbrella
Wench

Quote:
We just stayed at POR and really liked it. If you are taking pools out of the equation then the biggest advantage for PO is queen beds. Honestly though, we walked through FQ to try the beignets and I just didn't care for that resort at all. So if its between Pop and POFQ, then Pop. If between Pop and POR, then POR since the cost difference is that small.
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

Old 07-15-2013, 09:18 PM   #3578
jpessa
Addicted to Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by laceyinwonderland
POFQ will have a hot tub, which is really nice in November.
Old 07-15-2013, 09:51 PM   #3579
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderumbrella

We just stayed at POR and really liked it. If you are taking pools out of the equation then the biggest advantage for PO is queen beds. Honestly though, we walked through FQ to try the beignets and I just didn't care for that resort at all. So if its between Pop and POFQ, then Pop. If between Pop and POR, then POR since the cost difference is that small.
Yes, but POR has multiple bus stops which *I* would not like because if you are not at the first one you have a better chance of having to stand vs getting a seat. Whereas at POP or POFQ, there is only one bus stop so seating is first come, first served. No having to worry about needing to be in the bldgs closest to the firrst stop. Plus you don't have the time element of making multiple stops before heading to the park. We LIKE that! That is a big plus to us but does not bother others...
Old 07-16-2013, 12:32 AM   #3580
smidgy
dimples

for that little amt. of money, I would go with POFQ. you all know I am unhappy with the food court changes at pop ( ya think? ). we really like POFQ food court. and we really like the POR food court. they are sister resorts. a nice walk, thos a bit log between the 2, but an even nicer boat ride. nov. might be warm enough for the pool for a little bit. the 5 year old will love the dragon toungue slide. there is a hot tub at both POR and POFQ .
plus there is the horse and buggy. even if you don't reserve a ride yourself, it's fun to see walking through the resort ( (starts at POR, but doesn't really go through there, goes through FQ.

ply you can take the boat to downtown disney.

Last edited by smidgy; 07-16-2013 at 12:33 AM. Reason: and FQ doesn't always share buses with por.
Old 07-16-2013, 02:55 AM   #3581
laceyinwonderland
Mouseketeer

Thanks everyone! Now I have lots of new things to consider that I hadn't even thought of before! As much as we love Pop, I guess we should branch out and try a moderate! We'll never know until we try!!!!:
Dec 2011 POP
Nov 2013 AOA/POP

June 2014 offsite/AKV Happy Bday to ME!
Sept 2014 POFQ
Old 07-16-2013, 05:06 AM   #3582
donac
BL6 Black Team Captain
The Vanilla Rooibus was heavenly
Heigh ho - Heigh ho - It's off to lose weight I go...

FYI POFQ is the first stop to pick up and then they go to POR

We have stayed at POFQ and it is wonderful. It is small so it is easy to get around. The pool is cool and the hot tub is nice.
Dona July 1980 with DH family Nov 1984 Last trip before kids Aug 1988 Poly 10th AnnvAug 1992 Port Orleans Other trips I can't nameAug 2002 POFQ, FW, AS sp with Sean and the girls Aug 2003 FW Our 25th Annv Trip Aug 2005 Camping with the Knotts Aug 2006 Twin Sister Trip Aug 2008 30 Anniv/grad Trip 2009 POFQ just us 2012 Grand Gathering with Sedlaks
Old 07-16-2013, 05:50 AM   #3583
luvs2travl
Dream BIG...Live GRAND

We adore POFQ! We've stayed there several times. Good food court, gorgeous grounds, quaint resort! The pool is perfect for your children's ages. The slide is suitable for younger kids. We are sold on the one bus stop, which is why we also love POP. The boat to DTD is a huge bonus as are the beignets!

We dislike the POR and refuse to stay there again with all those bus stops & the huge layout.

Thankfully, Disney offers something for everyone.

Disney Vacations: 17 - Disney Cruise: 1
Old 07-16-2013, 06:26 AM   #3584
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Quote:
Originally Posted by donac View Post
FYI POFQ is the first stop to pick up and then they go to POR

We have stayed at POFQ and it is wonderful. It is small so it is easy to get around. The pool is cool and the hot tub is nice.

Not always. In our two stays at POFQ we only went to POR once once on the bus.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

Old 07-16-2013, 07:22 AM   #3585
KELLY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We like both as well. I know for us to upgrade to a moderate is 700.00. In reality not that much considering how much we are spending this year. But sometimes you have to choose long vacation or better resort. Plus we didn't upgrade the dining plan. We just pefer the QSDP and pay OP for a couple of meals. . I will say I had the worst housekeeping 2 years in a row at POFQ. I would make the excuse that it was before the refurb but it wasn't that the room was bad. Just mousekeeping was bad.

Honestly I would stay there again. Besides the mousekepping it was a very nice stay.

Many Trips the past 7 years at pop with free dining!
Me , DH , DD 9 and DD 6
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: