Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2013, 07:10 PM   #3541
momtwoboys
DIS Veteran

the computer pool is in the middle of the 80's and 90 buildings. we have stayed in bld 9 Sony walkman 3x, 2x we were on the back side of the bld floor 2 and 3 and 1x ground floor by the pool. We love that location! close to buses and we enter the food court fromm the front and through the gift shop. Close to laundry too.

We are staying at POP next April 2014 for Easter yahooooo!
DS (14)
Lily
Old 07-14-2013, 07:23 PM   #3542
faithsmth
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by marie049 View Post
soo i did just try to add a day and switch to POP, they were unable to do so on priceline.
Yeah, that stinks. But, you always make the changes to your reservation with a CM on the Disney reservation line. Hope that everything turns out ok!!

Me DH DD

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-14-2013, 08:32 PM   #3543
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess 'n LA View Post
2. Used online checkin which allowed me 2 requests--I chose 70's building and top floor
3. Checkin was quick (but got there at 11:00pm) and got both requests (I only paid for standard view so got a little pixie dust here!!)
This has me wondering why you think you "got a little pixie dust". There are plenty of Standard rooms in the 70s and 4th floor isn't anything you would pay more for. Did you get upgraded to Preferred? What was your room number?
Old 07-14-2013, 09:01 PM   #3544
joanzie72
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Nice to look forward to right after summer ends

Book a quick trip for August good deals out there ...just planting an idea
I wish...Bank account says no.
The comical DS (6)

Old 07-14-2013, 09:03 PM   #3545
goofyfigment
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by joanzie72

I wish...Bank account says no.
I really hate when the bank account can't keep up
1984 First Visit Off Site 1987 Off Site 1996 All Star Sports 1997 Howard Johnson Enchantedland 1998 The Spas @ Resort World 2001 Westgate Towers and HRH 2007 Sheraton Vistana Villages and HRH 2008 Parkway International and RPR 2009 All Star Sports 2010 Westgate Vacation Villas 2011 Club Seville 2011 All Star Sports 2012 Sheraton Vistana Resort and Windsor Hills 2012 Westgate Leisure Resort and POP 2013 Westgate Vacation Villas 2013 Birthday trip Royal Pacific 2013 Portofino Bay 2013 POP 2013 All Star Movies 2014 Wilderness Lodge Villas 2014 Vacation Villas At Fantasyworld2014 Boardwalk Villas
Old 07-14-2013, 09:15 PM   #3546
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Money, or lack of, always gets in the way of a good time.
Old 07-14-2013, 09:25 PM   #3547
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat016 View Post
Money, or lack of, always gets in the way of a good time.
That and work. And you would think with all the working, there'd be more money.
Old 07-14-2013, 10:33 PM   #3548
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad

That and work. And you would think with all the working, there'd be more money.
You would think but life spends that! Lol
Old 07-15-2013, 08:16 AM   #3549
Gibbygirl
why am I here when I should be there?

Just back from first POP stay...

We were there 7/06-13. We were in 50's bldg 3/lakeview--just as requested! It was a quick walk to food court, busses, main pool & bowling pin pool.

We didn't eat much in the food court as I was worried having heard so many negative reviews. DD got the pre-made turkey sandwich from the cooler a couple times & the kids meal turkey sandwich on the goldfish shaped bread once. She gave both a thumbs up. I got the pepperoni pizza bread & the cheese pizza bread. Both were good. Had to try the tye dye cheesecake--yummy! CM were cheerful except for one. We just learned to not go in her line. It was never very busy. Even had drink stations & seating sections closed off our entire week.

Bus service was fine--no complaints. Resort didn't seem that crowded. We always go in the summer so was expecting more people. Even the parks didn't seem as busy as I remember from past trips. A/C in the room was fine. Seemed strange that it would come on for a minute then shut off, then back on a few minutes later & repeat. The motion sensor problem previously discussed on this thread didn't seem to be an issue. Mousekeeping was fine. No towel animals which I realize is just a little pixie dust, but at a resort geared towards families, I was a little surprised by this. I was also expecting lotion in the room (along with shampoo & soap.) Our last two stays were at mods so maybe it's not provided at values. The only lotion I packed was sunscreen so I used that.

We walked over to AOA once. Thought we were timing it well to grab a late breakfast (10:00) but the food court was PACKED & CHAOTIC!!! DD said she was glad we weren't staying there. The resort theme is fantastic. Lots of great photos ops. However, the walk to/from the LM section would be too much for us. Glad there wasn't a discount available b/c I probably would have chosen AOA over POP for our mother/daughter trip. We would have both been pretty miserable.

One morning as we were leaving for a park thru the gift shop a CM asked DD if she would like to dress Duffy. That just about made her day!

It was a good trip and we would recommend & stay at POP again!
Old 07-15-2013, 09:01 AM   #3550
pookie10
Looking for my Prince....again :(

Really hoping for a little free dining in November, Pop for us from Nov 7-11 and if there is free dining POR from Nov 11-14....

Stayed at AOA lion king suite last time, but walked over to Pop for dinner twice, their food choices are much better!

How do you go about getting a king bed??
Old 07-15-2013, 09:11 AM   #3551
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookie10 View Post
Really hoping for a little free dining in November, Pop for us from Nov 7-11 and if there is free dining POR from Nov 11-14....

Stayed at AOA lion king suite last time, but walked over to Pop for dinner twice, their food choices are much better!

How do you go about getting a king bed??
King beds are a request only at Value resorts. You can request one, but since they are in limited supply and many/most are in the handicap accessible rooms it is not as likely you will get it. You may though, especially going a slower time of the year!

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR

Old 07-15-2013, 09:14 AM   #3552
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbygirl
We were there 7/06-13. We were in 50's bldg 3/lakeview--just as requested! It was a quick walk to food court, busses, main pool & bowling pin pool.

We didn't eat much in the food court as I was worried having heard so many negative reviews. DD got the pre-made turkey sandwich from the cooler a couple times & the kids meal turkey sandwich on the goldfish shaped bread once. She gave both a thumbs up. I got the pepperoni pizza bread & the cheese pizza bread. Both were good. Had to try the tye dye cheesecake--yummy! CM were cheerful except for one. We just learned to not go in her line. It was never very busy. Even had drink stations & seating sections closed off our entire week.

Bus service was fine--no complaints. Resort didn't seem that crowded. We always go in the summer so was expecting more people. Even the parks didn't seem as busy as I remember from past trips. A/C in the room was fine. Seemed strange that it would come on for a minute then shut off, then back on a few minutes later & repeat. The motion sensor problem previously discussed on this thread didn't seem to be an issue. Mousekeeping was fine. No towel animals which I realize is just a little pixie dust, but at a resort geared towards families, I was a little surprised by this. I was also expecting lotion in the room (along with shampoo & soap.) Our last two stays were at mods so maybe it's not provided at values. The only lotion I packed was sunscreen so I used that.

We walked over to AOA once. Thought we were timing it well to grab a late breakfast (10:00) but the food court was PACKED & CHAOTIC!!! DD said she was glad we weren't staying there. The resort theme is fantastic. Lots of great photos ops. However, the walk to/from the LM section would be too much for us. Glad there wasn't a discount available b/c I probably would have chosen AOA over POP for our mother/daughter trip. We would have both been pretty miserable.

One morning as we were leaving for a park thru the gift shop a CM asked DD if she would like to dress Duffy. That just about made her day!

It was a good trip and we would recommend & stay at POP again!
Something so little caught my eye on all of this...lol They didn't supply shampoo, conditioner and lotion?? According to the pictures on the website and room videos on youtube they show these. I wasn't planning on packing any of that stuff because the resort made it look like they supplied them. I don't want to pack any more than I have to. I need souvenir space plus I don't want to take a chance of everything exploding during the flight. See I told you it was a small detail lol
Old 07-15-2013, 09:21 AM   #3553
bookgirl2632
DIS Veteran

They have shampoo and soap. The OP just noted that they didn't provide lotion along with them.

1976 Offsite 1990 Offsite in Kissimmee 2001 CBR 2006 POR 2010 HRH
Old 07-15-2013, 09:21 AM   #3554
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat016 View Post
Something so little caught my eye on all of this...lol They didn't supply shampoo, conditioner and lotion?? According to the pictures on the website and room videos on youtube they show these. I wasn't planning on packing any of that stuff because the resort made it look like they supplied them. I don't want to pack any more than I have to. I need souvenir space plus I don't want to take a chance of everything exploding during the flight. See I told you it was a small detail lol
They provide bar soap and a shampoo/conditioner combo. POP does not have lotion.

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR

Old 07-15-2013, 12:28 PM   #3555
Minnesota!
Shoeless in Minnesota
Has lots of rules in bed
Must have my Jelly Belly's from the Main Street candy store
I am quite spacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpcotBill View Post
I think there's one other person excited about the new menu.
That would be ME! I think the new menu looks fantastic

25 days....25 days....25 days....

It cannot come soon enough..

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: