Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2013, 03:33 PM   #2896
Blessedwithboys
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentopher View Post
My mom was having a hard time with the air, and allergies and headaches. The housekeeping manager (who was AMAZING) brought up an electric hepa filter. It worked VERY well! They let us have it in the room the whole week.
That is very nice! How was the rest of your stay? Bug free I hope I hope you guys had a great time!!
Old 05-23-2013, 03:36 PM   #2897
bentopher
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpea29488 View Post
For anyone that's there now or just back could you confirm that you can get an Ice cream Sundaes as a snack credit? When we were there in 2011 we could get a sundae and just use a snack credit for it.

Thanks in advance
I believe so! We enjoyed ice cream cookie sandwiches and those were considered a snack credit. And they WERE SOOO good. And SO much better than the ones at Hollywood Scoops too!

Hoping to type out a little trip report since we just got home. I'll be working on it tonight and post either tonight or tomorrow.

May 2013 Pop Century: Star Wars Weekend. The boys 2nd trip. And first trip with Grandma (who hadn't been in 15ish years).
May 2012 All Star Sports: The boys first Disney Vacation, and my first time back in 15 years!
Several offsite trips as a child, a disney cruise in 1994, and ASMu in 1997 for Disney 25th Anniversary!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-23-2013, 03:40 PM   #2898
bentopher
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessedwithboys View Post
That is very nice! How was the rest of your stay? Bug free I hope I hope you guys had a great time!!
It was.... exhausting.. LOL I need a vacation!

I'll post up a trip report later on tonight or tomorrow.
And yes, the only other critter as a small spider. LOL
The new room was much better!! Thanks

Oh.. and in those 8 days. I never saw any love bugs or the flies everyone was talking about.

May 2013 Pop Century: Star Wars Weekend. The boys 2nd trip. And first trip with Grandma (who hadn't been in 15ish years).
May 2012 All Star Sports: The boys first Disney Vacation, and my first time back in 15 years!
Several offsite trips as a child, a disney cruise in 1994, and ASMu in 1997 for Disney 25th Anniversary!
Old 05-23-2013, 03:54 PM   #2899
heathere3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpea29488 View Post
For anyone that's there now or just back could you confirm that you can get an Ice cream Sundaes as a snack credit? When we were there in 2011 we could get a sundae and just use a snack credit for it.

Thanks in advance
I can! We were there earlier this month and I did exactly that
Old 05-23-2013, 08:38 PM   #2900
merbobear
DIS Veteran

I just went back and looked at my dates, we were in the kiddie pool on the 18th in the evening. We were at POP from 5/10-5/19 and I honestly never noticed any construction and nothing loud going on, but we only went to the HD pool the one evening so I could have missed it. We did walk by that area daily on our way to and from Century Hall, however, so if it was really loud then I am sure we would have heard it at some point.

Old 05-23-2013, 08:50 PM   #2901
Marla1106
Mouseketeer

We leave on Saturday! Can't wait.

Can I bring my son's puddle jumper? Or do we have to use the life jackets provided at the pool? I can't remember if puddle jumpers were allowed or not. But, he would prefer to use his own instead of a lifevest at the pool.
Old 05-23-2013, 09:54 PM   #2902
David Brent
Mouseketeer

I'm at work now and I get off at 7am. My wife took off friday so we are able to leave earlier. We plan to hit the road around lunch time! My wife will drive so I can get a couple hours of "sleep".
Old 05-23-2013, 09:57 PM   #2903
stindall
Congress Tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Brent View Post
I'm at work now and I get off at 7am. My wife took off friday so we are able to leave earlier. We plan to hit the road around lunch time! My wife will drive so I can get a couple hours of "sleep".
Don't let her put any of your stuff in jello while you sleep!

Oh god there's the yeti! - A September 2014 PTR.

- Sept 2008 Honeymoon @ Pop - Dec. 2009 surprise for dad (aka worst trip ever) @ Pop -
Sept. 2013 First solo trip @ Pop
- Sept. 2014 brother/sister trip @ pop! -

Old 05-23-2013, 10:04 PM   #2904
DonoMoose
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash View Post
The official refurb info said it was "deck surface replacement" -- so more like standard up-keeping.
Ok Thank you!

9/13(POP) 3/13(AKL) 3/09(Pop) 3/07 (ASM)
9/06(Pop) 04(OP)

ME DH DS11 DS2 DD8
Old 05-23-2013, 10:13 PM   #2905
DonoMoose
Mouseketeer

Ok RECENT GUESTS , I have not stayed at POP since September of 2009!!! I'm hearing some roach/gross bug reports??!!! I have to say I' am shocked since the 3x I have stayed at POP it's been immaculate (and I'm tough to please since I clean for a living.) PLEASE tell me, has it changed that much in the last 4 years?? How would all of you recent guests rate the over all cleanliness of the rooms?? I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU!! Thanks in Advance!!

9/06(Pop) 04(OP)

ME DH DS11 DS2 DD8
Old 05-23-2013, 11:05 PM   #2906
DonoMoose
Mouseketeer

Hi I'm so sorry to hear about this, do you remember which section you stayed in? 50's 60's 70's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by merbobear View Post
We just returned from 10 days at Pop in room 9120. I am sad to say that we had a cockroach sighting as well as several dead bugs in the bathroom that were there when we checked in. I called to report, they said they would send someone to check on the roach situation in the morning. It was late, I had just unpacked. I said fine. Well they sent someone at around midnight. So good for them for sending someone faster, but annoying at the same time because we were getting in bed when he knocked on the door. They also said they would have housekeeping do a thorough cleaning. I cleaned up the dead bugs in the bathtub myself, but left the bathroom floor to be swept/mopped or whatever they would do to clean it. Went to a park the next morning and came home to the same dead bugs on the floor. Ended up doing the cleaning myself, since obviously it was not going to be done by the resort staff as promised!

We have stayed at Pop before and really enjoyed it, but this stay was just not the same. The dirtiness of the room was one issue, and dealing with a very rude CM at Everything POP! was another. We did have good times, however. Enjoyed doing the twist in the morning with the food service CM's and the cashiers/sales floor cm's in the gift shop were always very pleasant and my dd loved pin trading with them.

Computer pool was quiet, cool and refreshing. Hippy Dippy pool was busy but fun. Breakfasts at Everything Pop were good (I mean..hello, Mickey Waffles, it's hard to go wrong!). Bus situation varied from decent to downright unacceptable, but that seems to be the same almost across the board, so it's not a Pop issue, but a transportation issue. Walk over to AoA was a quick one, and we actually took an AoA bus home one time because it seemed like a better idea than waiting for a Pop bus. AoA had a great menu and it's a nice option "for a change" if you are hanging out at your own resort and not quite sure where to head for a CS meal, but the dining areas were LOUD and there were lots of kids running around in swim suits or less (saw kids in diapers), so if that is off putting then I wouldn't recommend going during prime lunch or dinner times. I actually liked the standard french fries that Pop serves over the house seasoned fries at AoA. The seasoning was nice, but very overpowering after a few bites. I commented that they were dieter friendly fries because you won't want more than a handful

I might consider staying at Pop again, but next year we will give another resort a try.

9/06(Pop) 04(OP)

ME DH DS11 DS2 DD8
Old 05-24-2013, 12:36 AM   #2907
David Brent
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stindall View Post
Don't let her put any of your stuff in jello while you sleep!
Old 05-24-2013, 12:53 AM   #2908
strmtroopr96
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
That's too bad ... was the times it was closed late in the evening? I know that POP usually only has one drink station when we have returned from the parks.
No, even in the afternoon that was station would be closed off. We were always checking and after that first day when I was able to get some at lunch time, we never did find it open again.
'77 FW'89 Disneyland'91 Poly'94 CBR'96 ASMusic 1997 WDW College Program~~Merchandise @ World of Disney~~Vistaway 3811'97 Shades of Green'97 Dixie Landings'00 ASsports'02 POR'03 ASMovies'04 Pop '05 Pop'05 ASMovies'06 Pop '07 Pop '08 ASMovies '09 Pop '10 Coronado Springs '11 Pop '12 POFQ '13 Pop '13 Pop '14 POFQ
Old 05-24-2013, 01:18 AM   #2909
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonoMoose
Hi I'm so sorry to hear about this, do you remember which section you stayed in? 50's 60's 70's?

Not to hijack but Merobobear said they stayed in room 9120...so that would be in the 80's/90's section (bldg 9). The first digit is the bldg #, the second digit is the floor, and the last two are your room # in that bldg.
The 50's section is made up of bldgs 1, 2 & 3. The 60's is bldgs 4 & 5. The 70's is bldgs 6 &10. and finally the 80's & 90's are bldgs 7, 8 & 9. I am "guessing" if they broke the 80's and 90's apart...bldgs 7 & 9 would be the 80's and bldg 8 would be the 90's. That would be my educated guess if they broke them apart.
Old 05-24-2013, 04:50 AM   #2910
marymaya
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonoMoose
Ok RECENT GUESTS , I have not stayed at POP since September of 2009!!! I'm hearing some roach/gross bug reports??!!! I have to say I' am shocked since the 3x I have stayed at POP it's been immaculate (and I'm tough to please since I clean for a living.) PLEASE tell me, has it changed that much in the last 4 years?? How would all of you recent guests rate the over all cleanliness of the rooms?? I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU!! Thanks in Advance!!
Yes, more info please! Having major second thoughts about staying at pop since I read that...

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: