Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2013, 05:08 AM   #2881
merbobear
DIS Veteran

My daughter swam in the kiddie pool behind the HD pool just this past week! Jets were working It was not opened when we first arrived at the pool, but they made an announcement that it was opened shortly after. I assumed that a child had a potty accident and they had to close to drain and clean, but maybe they were just reopening finally? This was late last week in the evening one day.

Old 05-23-2013, 07:19 AM   #2882
Blessedwithboys
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by merbobear View Post
My daughter swam in the kiddie pool behind the HD pool just this past week! Jets were working It was not opened when we first arrived at the pool, but they made an announcement that it was opened shortly after. I assumed that a child had a potty accident and they had to close to drain and clean, but maybe they were just reopening finally? This was late last week in the evening one day.
Thanks for the info
How was your trip! Any Pop reviews?!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-23-2013, 07:27 AM   #2883
lovesdumbo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyGal View Post
The box fan info is great - I can't sleep without one and I hate hauling mine down to Pop.

It's been a while but I recall a map of Pop showing all the connecting rooms as well as handicapped rooms - any idea where I can find it?

Also, how much per night to rent a cot/extra bed?
This link is from the first page.
http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/13...ayoutlarge.jpg
Old 05-23-2013, 07:34 AM   #2884
figment5
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by cab0ad View Post
heading to POP next Tuesday! I paid for a preferred pool room but not I am worried with reports of construction on the kiddie pool... will my preferred pool room be facing the kiddie pool or does it guarantee me to be closer to the dining hall away from the kiddie pool? Is the construction site loud or does it badly damage the view of the resort? thought the construction would be done on it by now. is it still being worked on? do they offer any more kiddie pools as an option while that one is being worked on? I don't remember another kiddie pool at the resort. I am guessing that the AoA kiddie pool is not an option while the POP is under construction.
We will be there on Wednesday for a preferred pool room, maybe we will be neighbors!!!

Me DH DD(18) DD(10) DD(8)
Old 05-23-2013, 07:37 AM   #2885
figment5
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjpotter View Post
So glad the kiddie pool is open!!!
Me too, my girls can't wait to hit the pool when we get there! Only six more days!!!!!!

Me DH DD(18) DD(10) DD(8)
Old 05-23-2013, 09:40 AM   #2886
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Checked in at 715am. Cm noticed my request for king bed and I said if possible yes location didn't matter. She got on the phone and said they had one with the rolling shower then said found one without that was ready in building 7. I got the room number and keys. Drove over unloaded my stuff went to open the door and found an unmade bed with a can of coke on a night stand!!!!!!! I called front desk and they apologized and looked again and said the room was ready...it was not lol. They had other rooms clean not king but I was already late for work so I said I'd wait for king room to be cleaned. I got a call at 9:18am from pop saying room was ready now and apologized to me lol. I guess it happens pretty often the cm said lol. I'll check it out on my lunch break!!
Old 05-23-2013, 10:19 AM   #2887
HappyGal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesdumbo View Post
Thanks, I checked the first page but I guess I was scrolling too fast and missed the link.

Monica
Old 05-23-2013, 10:51 AM   #2888
DonoMoose
Mouseketeer

For those of you who are there now or just left and caught it. What kind of refurbishments were being made to the kiddy pool? Did it appear to be standard up-keeping or were there any actual changes that were made? Would love to hear, thanks!

9/13(POP) 3/13(AKL) 3/09(Pop) 3/07 (ASM)
9/06(Pop) 04(OP)

ME DH DS11 DS2 DD8
Old 05-23-2013, 11:34 AM   #2889
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonoMoose View Post
For those of you who are there now or just left and caught it. What kind of refurbishments were being made to the kiddy pool? Did it appear to be standard up-keeping or were there any actual changes that were made? Would love to hear, thanks!
The official refurb info said it was "deck surface replacement" -- so more like standard up-keeping.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
Old 05-23-2013, 12:41 PM   #2890
2009CAN
Mouseketeer

Is there a hot tub at POP?
Old 05-23-2013, 12:42 PM   #2891
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2009CAN
Is there a hot tub at POP?
No.... no hot tub at POP.
None of the values have a hot tub.
Old 05-23-2013, 01:07 PM   #2892
discnewbie
Mouseketeer

I'm looking on the site to try to find that map someone made of POP, showing walking distances from each building and the amount of time it would take. I'm quite sure it's in this thread, but I don't really want to go through almost 200 pages! I remember seeing it last year. Anyone know where it is, or what I am talking about? Thanks!
Old 05-23-2013, 02:52 PM   #2893
sweetpea29488
Mouseketeer

For anyone that's there now or just back could you confirm that you can get an Ice cream Sundaes as a snack credit? When we were there in 2011 we could get a sundae and just use a snack credit for it.

Thanks in advance
Old 05-23-2013, 03:14 PM   #2894
bentopher
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer & Wisher View Post
Ceiling fans?

I will really miss our ceiling fan when we stay at Pop in June. On our previous visit to Pop in June 2010 I had a hard time sleeping without my fan.

I am thinking of bringing a small fan, anyone have a recommendation? It needs to be inexpensive but easy to pack in the van for the road trip. And big enough to move the air in the room.
My mom was having a hard time with the air, and allergies and headaches. The housekeeping manager (who was AMAZING) brought up an electric hepa filter. It worked VERY well! They let us have it in the room the whole week.

May 2013 Pop Century: Star Wars Weekend. The boys 2nd trip. And first trip with Grandma (who hadn't been in 15ish years).
May 2012 All Star Sports: The boys first Disney Vacation, and my first time back in 15 years!
Several offsite trips as a child, a disney cruise in 1994, and ASMu in 1997 for Disney 25th Anniversary!
Old 05-23-2013, 03:32 PM   #2895
bentopher
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cab0ad View Post
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3112616

now I'm confused. according to the thread posted above someone was at POP on 5/16 and the kiddie pool was nowhere near done and that the construction was loud! don't know what to believe. I do hope that the construction is done!
I just got home last night. Was there 5/15-5/22 WE didn't use the kiddie pool, but on several occasions saw others enjoying it

May 2013 Pop Century: Star Wars Weekend. The boys 2nd trip. And first trip with Grandma (who hadn't been in 15ish years).
May 2012 All Star Sports: The boys first Disney Vacation, and my first time back in 15 years!
Several offsite trips as a child, a disney cruise in 1994, and ASMu in 1997 for Disney 25th Anniversary!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: