Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2013, 03:15 PM   #2836
Jimmysmom0703
Mouseketeer

Im so excited to stay at POP. Its our 1st time there.my original date are 8/25 to 8/30, but I.might change it to 8/27 to 9/1..the flights are CRAZY priced right now n I figured I get up Sunday n fly home!!
Old 05-20-2013, 05:42 PM   #2837
cbeeindisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmysmom0703 View Post
Im so excited to stay at POP. Its our 1st time there.my original date are 8/25 to 8/30, but I.might change it to 8/27 to 9/1..the flights are CRAZY priced right now n I figured I get up Sunday n fly home!!
How exciting! You'll love it there! We stayed August last year and intend to go back

ME (28) DF (29)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-20-2013, 05:51 PM   #2838
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
That's too bad ... was the times it was closed late in the evening? I know that POP usually only has one drink station when we have returned from the parks.
Well my experiences in March and May (but it was slower and low occupancy levels according to my CM friend there) they rarely had all of the soda dispensers operational. I believe there are 8 sets. I mostly only saw 6 open...and sometimes only 4! and Yes, late at night after about 11pm, it was down to just 2 dispensers (always the two closest to the gift shop).
I don't think the whole time I was there I ever saw ALL of the seating areas open! They always had sections closed off. I'm guessing to make it easier for the CMs and I'm figuring so they didn't have to staff as many working the dining room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
hmm... wonder if that is not the norm and tranpo pulled the POP bus over to AoA due to scheduling issues...really hope the sharing will not continue... Both resorts are big.
We shared a bus with AoA on one of my trips in March. It was a mid morning trip to MK. There were only 6 of us at POP...When we left there, the driver made a right and went the back way over to AoA! Their queue was packed!!! We filled up and there were still people left! On my May trip I was on a bus to MK and a driver was training another driver. There were only 3 of us guests on the bus (me and another couple). The trainer came and sat down once we were in route to MK. So I struck up a convo with him! I asked him about the two resorts sharing buses and he said it was an extreme rarity. When it happened, it was pretty much always a case that AoA was horribly back up. If the driver arrived at POP and had a fairly empty queue there, and AoA was swamped, they were sending them there to 'fill up' and help alleviate the waiting issues. They try not to do it, but on occasion it does happen. I used the buses a TON in January (12 days there!) and in March (7 days there) and only once did I experience this. I only rode the bus a handful of times in May because it really wasn't a pleasure trip, but it never happened then.
Old 05-20-2013, 06:46 PM   #2839
brooke789
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooke789 View Post
We just checked in today! Got here about 1:45 and our room was already ready. Also, flowers that DH had ordered (secretly) for Mother's Day were in the room waiting!

We're really pleased with the size of the room. We were trying to figure out (before arrival) how we'd work it all. We had a mountain of drinks & snacks, a cooler, a double stroller and two kids portable beds. We had decided that we'd tote the stroller to and from the car after we used it each time, but turns out we have PLENTY of room! The kids beds are between the tv & window (we moved the little table to just behind the door), the stroller fits perfectly between the TV and the wall separateing the vanity area. All of our shoes/snacks & drinks are on the floor in that area also. We did take the suit cases back to the car after we unloaded them but we are totally happy with all of our space and don't even feel cramped!

Also, from the description here I was expecting the refrigerator to be almost unusable. We put a thermometer in there and it is 36 degrees (didn't google but sounds cold enough to me!) we also fit a TON in there. I unloaded our entire cooler into the refrigerator. We have: a gallon of milk, 4 Izze drinks, 2 Starbucks Fraps, 3 Starbucks Refreshers, 2 Can Sodas, tub of pimento cheese, 18 Gogurts, 12 Naked juices, two kids straw cups w/milk + 6 beer bottles! Maybe I misunderstood, but the descriptions I read sounded like you were lucky to get a half gallon of milk in the fridge!

Anyway...just wanted to share!!

Just wanted to update with a pic of the fridge now that we're home
Old 05-20-2013, 06:58 PM   #2840
mjperry
One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation. Right at the start of anything that's new, one little spark lights up for you.

I think sharing a bus is a good idea, if pop has three people and AOA is packed or vice versa then it's the responsible thing to do, and for Disney saves money so why not.
July - 2010 - POP
June - 2011 - POP
*Plus Three Times Off Site, before I knew better.
My Disney Blog
http://www.interplantarypodcast.blogspot.com

T

Old 05-20-2013, 07:44 PM   #2841
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Checking in on Thursday!!! I stopped by yesterday (the joys of living in the area!) and asked about the King Beds. I was told that all the King Beds are accessible rooms and that it's very hard to get one without a request for an accessible room. Is that really true?? He also said that they are all located on the 4th floor so he took out my request for 70s section/ High floor and kept High Floor and added King Bed. It's interesting since I called and requested a King bed so either only the online check-in requests are being transferred or the CM over the phone never put in the King bed request. We shall see!!!
Old 05-20-2013, 08:00 PM   #2842
lovedonald
Mouseketeer

I hope all the king beds aren't handicapped! We are going to pop next month and would like a king bed but I don't want to take that room away from someone that is handicapped. I am hoping that some of them are regular rooms!
Old 05-20-2013, 08:09 PM   #2843
PrincessRebekah82
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovedonald View Post
I hope all the king beds aren't handicapped! We are going to pop next month and would like a king bed but I don't want to take that room away from someone that is handicapped. I am hoping that some of them are regular rooms!
I agree! We are going in October and requested a King room but I don't want to take a handicap accessible room away from someone who really needs it.
Old 05-20-2013, 08:34 PM   #2844
figment5
Earning My Ears

Single digits!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Me DH DD(18) DD(10) DD(8)
Old 05-20-2013, 08:48 PM   #2845
Rapunzel
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by figment5 View Post
Single digits!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Totally Jelly! We're 49 days out!
2012 ~ PoP

Type 1 Diabetes & the World: A July Trip Report!
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2960454

Old 05-20-2013, 09:14 PM   #2846
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
There are 144 king rooms and 63 of those rooms are HC accessible. My understanding is that on the 4th floor, the king rooms are all HC. On floors 1-3, there are both standard and HC king rooms.

Old 05-20-2013, 09:21 PM   #2847
2009CAN
Mouseketeer

Quote:
THANK YOU for posting this! I've been wondering how much I can fit in there. We have three rooms in our party so this will work out PERFECTLY!
Old 05-20-2013, 09:55 PM   #2848
cindymindy
Earning My Ears

Quote:

Thanks for posting! I can't help but wonder, where did you find those mini Naked bottles??

November, 2014:POP Century, Wine and Dine Half Marathon! July, 2013: Animal Kingdom Lodge June, 2013: POP Century 2012: Caribbean Beach 2007: Grand Floridian 2001: Coronado Springs 2000: Port Orleans: French Quarter 1999: Caribbean Beach 1998: Coronado Springs 1990: Off property 1987: Off property
Old 05-20-2013, 10:38 PM   #2849
RapunzelsBFF
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellLuvr7 View Post
Checking in on Thursday!!! I stopped by yesterday (the joys of living in the area!) and asked about the King Beds. I was told that all the King Beds are accessible rooms and that it's very hard to get one without a request for an accessible room. Is that really true?? He also said that they are all located on the 4th floor so he took out my request for 70s section/ High floor and kept High Floor and added King Bed. It's interesting since I called and requested a King bed so either only the online check-in requests are being transferred or the CM over the phone never put in the King bed request. We shall see!!!
That's actually not accurate. I have stayed at POP 5 or 6 times. I have always called in and requested a king and always gotten one, never had a handicapped accessible room I've stayed in the 70's, 80's and 90's sections with a king and have had either first or second floor
Old 05-20-2013, 10:59 PM   #2850
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellLuvr7 View Post
Okay, not trying to be mean, but that CM doesn't know what they are talking about. Not all the king rooms are HC, and not all of the HC rooms are created equal...

Quote:
Yes there are some that are regular rooms. Of the regular rooms more are in the standard section than the preferred section though. And those of us who need the HC rooms thank you for not taking them unnecessarily. They are becoming harder and harder to come by!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessRebekah82 View Post
I agree! We are going in October and requested a King room but I don't want to take a handicap accessible room away from someone who really needs it.
We humbly Thank you for your consideration.

Now here is the actual breakdown of info regarding King rooms at POP. This is VERY accurate as I have copies of the HC room locations SPECIFIC TO POP from a room assigner. I have spent 104 nights at POP. And occasionally was getting a room that was not meeting my needs so I was given this info so I could be sure that the room I was assigned met my needs before I left the front desk and I didn't have to come back and redo my check in. So...Here are the stats:
There are 150 TOTAL KING rooms. 89 std 61 pfd Of those 29 std & 9 pfd are non HC in any way. Then there are 8 std & 12 pfd that are HC 'hearing' only (designed w/ modifications for deaf only). Then there are 19 std and 11 pfd w/ tubs but have add'l modifications such as hand rails in the tub and also prob incl a higher toilet. Lastly are the highly coveted (needed) roll in shower rooms which are 41 std & 29 pfd. Bldgs 2, 6, 8 & 9 will not have special needs rooms. And a 4th floor HC room will always have a tub, never a roll in shower.

Hope this clarifies this for you all! Not trying to be a know it all...but I have quite a bit of experience in this area seeing as I need this type of room and I have stayed at POP so much. Just trying to help is all....

Last edited by stitchlovestink; 05-20-2013 at 11:05 PM.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: