Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2013, 07:56 AM   #2776
tracydeech
Mouseketeer

Does pop have toasters for guest use? Like if I have my own bagels and such?
Old 05-16-2013, 07:57 AM   #2777
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracydeech View Post
Does pop have toasters for guest use? Like if I have my own bagels and such?
Yes, the food court has toasters.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-16-2013, 08:00 AM   #2778
FancyNancy
Princess

The roach issue is not uncommon in Florida. I've seen reports of them at Pop, POR, and CBR. I just think it's a common bug down there and once it's reported in a room the situation is taken care of. I stayed at POR this past April in one of the Princess rooms and just a month before someone reported roaches on that thread. I was seriously debating switching resorts but decided to stick it out and never saw one bug in our room the entire time! I was so relieved.

Staying at Pop this coming April from 4/26 to 5/2 and am so excited. I was originally booked at Pop for my last trip but had to upgrade to a mod because my mom decided to come with us and I needed the bigger beds. Subbing In!

Old 05-16-2013, 10:05 AM   #2779
Kat016
DIS Veteran

They're the palmetto bugs aren't they? I got into a fight with about 3 of them when I turned on my air conditioner in a trailer I was staying at in Kissimmee. I grabbed a broom and started swinging....they were HUGE!
Old 05-16-2013, 10:55 AM   #2780
KELLY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessedwithboys View Post
The roach issue makes me very, very nervous. I am such a girl, and I get that it is Florida but I have seen quite a few reports of roaches at Pop here and on tripadvisor

I hope you have a wonderful trip despite it! <3
Well hopefully you aren't scheduled to be there during the love bug convention. Those gross me out worse for some reason the like the inside of my bathing suit. We saw roaches them but I made dh take care of them. But they do gross me out as well. I didn't call because well they are just bugs. But if I would have saw 3 at one time I would have called and got moved as well. Mine were just random days. Also housekeeping leaves the door open. My parents just came back from a week and no little critters.

Many Trips the past 6 years at pop with free dining!
Me , DH , DD 8 and DD 6
Old 05-16-2013, 11:44 AM   #2781
AquaDame
Are we there yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyNancy View Post
The roach issue is not uncommon in Florida. I've seen reports of them at Pop, POR, and CBR. I just think it's a common bug down there and once it's reported in a room the situation is taken care of. I stayed at POR this past April in one of the Princess rooms and just a month before someone reported roaches on that thread. I was seriously debating switching resorts but decided to stick it out and never saw one bug in our room the entire time! I was so relieved.

Staying at Pop this coming April from 4/26 to 5/2 and am so excited. I was originally booked at Pop for my last trip but had to upgrade to a mod because my mom decided to come with us and I needed the bigger beds. Subbing In!
We had a roach in our room at CSR as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KELLY View Post
Well hopefully you aren't scheduled to be there during the love bug convention. Those gross me out worse for some reason the like the inside of my bathing suit. We saw roaches them but I made dh take care of them. But they do gross me out as well. I didn't call because well they are just bugs. But if I would have saw 3 at one time I would have called and got moved as well. Mine were just random days. Also housekeeping leaves the door open. My parents just came back from a week and no little critters.
We called, but in the end we dealt with our critter ourselves... well my husband did! He wrapped it in a towel and tossed it outside and told them to please retrieve their towel... I kind of wanted to move, but honestly I understand that bugs happen, and it could just as easily happen anywhere else on property too so we stayed. Now that I think about it we were indeed on floor 1 if that matters.
Old 05-16-2013, 01:02 PM   #2782
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentopher View Post
Well here I am. 1am again. Seriously going to be hurting tomorrow. Lol wake up call is at 6am!

Ok quick info..
Flight was good. Arrived at Pop at 1230. Checking was fast and easy. Realized we left my sons hat on the ME. Still waiting to see if anyone found it. Happy with room placement. 4th floor building 1. (My request was 50s close to transportation). And it was ready when we got here.

Ate in food court. Only 2 cashiers. Lots of screens for them to punch in items takes time. Left with luke warm food. Tacos were great. No green tea (hot available).

By time we did what we needed to, our luggage showed up. Unpacked. Mom took boys swimming while I finished organizing, decorated window and tried to locate missing hat.

Went to Magic Kingdom. Arrive around 5. Left by 830. Only visited tomorrow land, Main Street and Mickey. I've come across no flies or love bugs so far.

Seems busier than last year crowd wise but rides weren't busy.

So, we get back. Settle boys. After killing 3 "bugs" in bathroom sink area on wall, mom makes me call "front desk" at 10pm. By 11, manger and 2 "pest control" guys check the bugs. They are small roaches. Mom wants to change rooms ASAP. And they say of course. They want to fumigate it. So in 30 min we packed up our room and moved. And in another 30 unpacked!! Kids slept through it all!!! So we are just climbing in bed. Omg I had unpacked EVERYTHING. I think the manager was impressed how fast we did it. Lol. He personally helped us move everything.

We are same floor, around the corner,a bit further from the elevator. I was hoping for better room placement but didn't say anything. Once we were settled, he told us they credited my CC for one nights stay! So I was pleased and happy with that.

I didn't want to lose my park time tomorrow and move then. And so much easier to pack and move with sleeping kids.

So first day wasn't great, it was a roller coaster with hunger and tiredness and excitement and everything in between. Hoping tomorrow is a great fresh start to our new room and vacation!!!
bentopher ... sorry the first day was full of some unwanted things... but happy that POP responded immediately and addressed your concerns. Love the great attitude

Hope today is full of lots of pixie dust!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchlovestink View Post
Sorry to hear of your not so pleasant dilemma...
BUT as I have said many times before if you address your concerns issues with mgt in the right way, POP is Great about fixing the issues and the tend to go above and beyond!!
And we were just talking about this very thing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessedwithboys View Post
The roach issue makes me very, very nervous. I am such a girl, and I get that it is Florida but I have seen quite a few reports of roaches at Pop here and on tripadvisor

I hope you have a wonderful trip despite it! <3
As other posters have stated, these critters can make an appearance in any resort...

Personnally we have never had the pleasure in Disney ... for which I am grateful. Did however see a very large palmetto bug in our hotel while visiting West Palm Beach in January...nasty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyNancy View Post

Glad to have you aboard!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat016 View Post
They're the palmetto bugs aren't they? I got into a fight with about 3 of them when I turned on my air conditioner in a trailer I was staying at in Kissimmee. I grabbed a broom and started swinging....they were HUGE!
yep that what we saw in our room at our non-disney hotel in January... huge... sitting right on the headboard ... creeped.me.out!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaDame View Post
We had a roach in our room at CSR as well.

We called, but in the end we dealt with our critter ourselves... well my husband did! He wrapped it in a towel and tossed it outside and told them to please retrieve their towel... I kind of wanted to move, but honestly I understand that bugs happen, and it could just as easily happen anywhere else on property too so we stayed. Now that I think about it we were indeed on floor 1 if that matters.
Great attitude!! hmm...perhaps another good reason of ours for liking and requesting the 4th floor at POP. (although when I think of critters snakes come first to mind!)

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 05-16-2013, 08:03 PM   #2783
RapunzelsBFF
Earning My Ears

Hi all, I am here at POP now, and would be happy to answer any questions any of you may have about the resort, especially regarding the new food options at Everything Pop.
My party of 2 arrived around noon today, and our room was ready! Our request for a king bed was met, and we have a pretty nice view of the computer pool from our room in building 8 second floor. Busses are just a short walk across the parking lot, so we are pretty happy! I also met some really great cast members in the gift shop who had me sign THEIR autograph book! Oh, and we came across a cute little bunny rabbit sitting in the grass when walking up the stairs to our room. I have a rabbit at home so this made me happy to see
Old 05-16-2013, 08:07 PM   #2784
Zuzu03
DIS Veteran

Hi POP lovers!!!! I'm so excited to be actually MOVING TO FLORIDA 1 month from tomorrow and driving a 16' Penske rental truck down to Naples. I'm stopping OF COURSE at Disney and staying at POP Sunday and Monday night before continuing on to my new home!!! My question for you all is, will I be able to drive in and park it then check in? I've only stayed at POP once and used DME, so I have no idea the configuration of the parking lots. TIA for any help!!! Can't wait!!!!
Old 05-16-2013, 09:20 PM   #2785
dizneyluv
Mouseketeer

Excited!

We decided to book a trip and stay at Pop over CBR and I think it was a great decision! Our friends loved Pop and we are so excited to head back to Disney on free dining for our son's birthday. It's a total surprise for him, we all love Disney.

Yea! Going to read the thread!
2008 Christmas Trip to the Contemporary, Wonderful!
2010 June Universal Studios/IOA/Windsor Hill
2012 June Off Site/Disney Parks Full Blast
2013 Pop Century! September Free Dining and 10th Birthday Celebration for youngest DS!
Old 05-16-2013, 09:48 PM   #2786
Dreamer & Wisher
DIS Veteran

Ceiling fans?

I will really miss our ceiling fan when we stay at Pop in June. On our previous visit to Pop in June 2010 I had a hard time sleeping without my fan.

I am thinking of bringing a small fan, anyone have a recommendation? It needs to be inexpensive but easy to pack in the van for the road trip. And big enough to move the air in the room.

We just came home from our 11th trip, a week at Pop Century!
Old 05-17-2013, 04:51 AM   #2787
heathere3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer & Wisher View Post
Ceiling fans?

I will really miss our ceiling fan when we stay at Pop in June. On our previous visit to Pop in June 2010 I had a hard time sleeping without my fan.

I am thinking of bringing a small fan, anyone have a recommendation? It needs to be inexpensive but easy to pack in the van for the road trip. And big enough to move the air in the room.
We ALWAYS pack a fan!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B002EK...sr=8-4&pi=SL75
This is the one we travel with. Small, pushes a surprising amount of air, and has fabric blades that won't hurt you if you bump into it at night in an unfamiliar hotel room
Old 05-17-2013, 04:58 AM   #2788
brooke789
Mouseketeer

The temp in our room is the only issue we've had at POP. It is set to 68 and pretty much stays around 70 according to our thermometer, but we are so hot at night. I wish I'd brought a fan and also shorts to sleep in!
Old 05-17-2013, 05:07 AM   #2789
Mikeypro
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooke789 View Post
The temp in our room is the only issue we've had at POP. It is set to 68 and pretty much stays around 70 according to our thermometer, but we are so hot at night. I wish I'd brought a fan and also shorts to sleep in!
The problem is the motion sensors. They don't detect motion at night and turn off the AC.

To fix it: On the thermostat push the power button and the down arrow (that adjusts the temp) at the exact same time. If you do this correctly there will be the letters "bp" where the temp numbers usually are. You are now bypassing the sensors in the room. You can then set the temp to whatever you want and it keeps the room that cold whether you are in it or not. This typically only works for 24 hours and then resets itself, so you need to do this daily.

"I can win an argument on any topic, against any opponent. People know this, and steer clear of me at parties. Often, as a sign of their great respect, they don't even invite me."
Old 05-17-2013, 05:44 AM   #2790
Gibbygirl
why am I here when I should be there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeypro View Post
The problem is the motion sensors. They don't detect motion at night and turn off the AC.

To fix it: On the thermostat push the power button and the down arrow (that adjusts the temp) at the exact same time. If you do this correctly there will be the letters "bp" where the temp numbers usually are. You are now bypassing the sensors in the room. You can then set the temp to whatever you want and it keeps the room that cold whether you are in it or not. This typically only works for 24 hours and then resets itself, so you need to do this daily.
Thanks for the tip--going in July and worried about the room staying comfortable.

btw--Got a great chuckle out of your signature line. Thanks for the giggle this morning!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: