Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2012, 11:44 AM   #256
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amandagoff1984
Can I just say that we are at POP now and last night are tub was not draining so I called maintenance and explained that the tub was not draining, the girl on the other end was very rude to me stating that someone could get there when they could. I politely asked if they could come quickly as it was 3 and we needed to leave by 415 for adr's. She then rudely said I already told you we would be there when we could. Long story short my hubby ended up fixing the drain his self and we could finish getting ready. I am just dumbfounded that she spoke to me this way do you guys think I should complain.
Did you call the front desk? If so that was a Mistake (and I use that term because I can't think of a better term) because the call gets sent to a call center that is off property! the call does not actually go to the front desk of the hotel even though you are right there calling from a room within the hotel. If at all possible when something like this happens your best bet is for one of you to go to directly to the front desk. They are usually awesome about handling these things quickly (esp when you are standing right there!!) And when you go and say "I have I have a problem. (state the problem...) Then ask how can we get this fixed?" I have found they have pretty much gone above & beyond and sometimes done more than what I wanted!!!
If you called the maitenance line then I think if I were you I would go to the front desk and ask to speak to a manager to find out if the calls stay on site or get sent to a call center. If they get sent to a call center, I'd chalk it up to a lesson learned but you could still share your experience with the mgr. If the calls stay in house, I'd definitely share. I think they need to know when their CMs are truly rude to guests for no reason. Good Luck!

Posted from Disney Forums Reader for Android
Old 10-14-2012, 03:56 PM   #257
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Sorry to say that I was not able to get good pictures of your entrance signs, so I hope the DISer who is going by car later this month can get those for you. I tried from the bus a couple of times, but they weren't good pictures having to take them through the windows and without slowing down.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-14-2012, 05:25 PM   #258
GlennI
Mouseketeer

Building numbers?

Can someone please tell me how you find the building numbers within the resort sections? I am a few days away from online checking and I have a preference for the the section(s), but I dont know the building numbers...

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Looking forward to our 3rd trip to Pop Century in November..
Old 10-14-2012, 05:31 PM   #259
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yolie912 View Post
Hello... We will be at POP in December for one night.
What building is the closest to the main building
Without being in a preferred room? Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by yolie912 View Post
Yes, I saw it but I wanted to get other's opinions about it.
Do you think 50's building or??

Thanks again!
For a standard room close to lobby/food court I would request bldg 5, in the 60's. These room were preferred when the resort opened and very close - the preferred room locations were changed and these became standard. It is great location! Hope this helps and have fun!

Old 10-14-2012, 06:56 PM   #260
bluezy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennI View Post
Can someone please tell me how you find the building numbers within the resort sections? I am a few days away from online checking and I have a preference for the the section(s), but I dont know the building numbers...

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Looking forward to our 3rd trip to Pop Century in November..
If you go to post #2 of this thread there is a list of the building numbers by section. It's right below the pictures of the refrigerators in that post.
Old 10-14-2012, 09:04 PM   #261
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph2527 View Post
Im staying solo at POP (family is staying at Poly, just couldn't justify the cost this time around since I'll be at the parks the entire time!), I've stayed at POP before and had no issues what-so-ever and loved the CM's there. We usually get put in the 60's section which is fine, but is there another (preferred, NOT pool) area you'd suggest since I'll be walking by my self late at night? I know WDW is very safe, this is just the first time i'll be at a resort alone! Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!! Thanks. Oh..I'm checking in on Oct 23rd!
DD and I were there for a mom/daughter trip this past July. There were times one or the other would go back to the room alone, so basically the same as travelling solo. We were in bldg 5 in a standard room (with a lake view). I felt very safe! Safe enough to left DD go back to the room alone, even after dark! I would recommend either bldgs 4 and 5 standard view rooms or I like any of the views in Bldg 1...the standard view rooms or the pool view ones are good too. It is a fairly quiet pool all the time, so I liked that one alot! And the pool side is VERY well lit!! Oh and I stayed in bldg 1 pool view with 3 teens and allowed them to travel to and from the parks on their own at night. Thought it was a great location for them to be seen going to and fro safely. I did make them stay together though, especially since one wasn't mine. I don't take liberties with other kids that I may choose to take with my own.
I have a terrible time sleeping at night and sometimes I would traverse the resort out of boredom during the wee hours. I have never felt unsafe. I do pay attention to my surrondings. But I think they do a great job of keeping the resort well lit everywhere. I hope this offers you some kind of help.
Old 10-15-2012, 02:07 AM   #262
Cinderella's slipper
A cross between Cinderella and Winnie the Pooh - "uniquely me"

Hello from Pop - ok so I woke up in the wee hours when other guests allowed their children to work off some energy by running along the outside corridors. Pop is very cheerful - great clolors and wonderful theming. We only used the 50s pool so far, and most days there are no more than a dozen people in it.
Bus service is excellent - we only had one issue with trying to return to Pop from downtown disney, ugh! While waiting for a bus to Pop we watched two Art of Animation busses come, fill up and leave and when the 3rd bus for Art of Animation came we took it and walked over the bridge to Pop. All the other locations worked well and we traveled to Boardwalk and Downtown Disney multiple times.

We are in the 50s section, bldg 3, 2nd floor and while I requested 4th floor - we love being able to easily walk to our room, without using an elevator.

Thanks to all our fellow posters for the great info we learned here in this thread!! Happy Planning!

Linda ~~WDW Commando Club #200
October 1982 offsite -- October 1986 offsite
Many trips in between -POFQ -- Disney World Land & Sea Cruise Poly, Sept 2001 -- POR, Sept 2002 -- Disneyland, Aug 2005 --Shades of Green, Feb 2008 -- Dreams Come True Trip, AKL, Oct 2009 --POFQ, Sept 2011 -- Pop Century, Oct 2012 -- Offsite, March 2014 an all girls trip.
Old 10-15-2012, 10:50 AM   #263
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
Sorry to say that I was not able to get good pictures of your entrance signs, so I hope the DISer who is going by car later this month can get those for you. I tried from the bus a couple of times, but they weren't good pictures having to take them through the windows and without slowing down.
Thank you MeMom for trying... no worries, appreciate you trying, the signs will always be there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella's slipper View Post
Hello from Pop - ok so I woke up in the wee hours when other guests allowed their children to work off some energy by running along the outside corridors. Pop is very cheerful - great clolors and wonderful theming. We only used the 50s pool so far, and most days there are no more than a dozen people in it.
Bus service is excellent - we only had one issue with trying to return to Pop from downtown disney, ugh! While waiting for a bus to Pop we watched two Art of Animation busses come, fill up and leave and when the 3rd bus for Art of Animation came we took it and walked over the bridge to Pop. All the other locations worked well and we traveled to Boardwalk and Downtown Disney multiple times.

We are in the 50s section, bldg 3, 2nd floor and while I requested 4th floor - we love being able to easily walk to our room, without using an elevator.

Thanks to all our fellow posters for the great info we learned here in this thread!! Happy Planning!
Bldg 3 is great! And we were on the 2nd floor as well, and even though we prefer the 4th floor too, agree it's a nice option to not use the elevator.

We took the AoA buses 3 times in August .... twice when POP bus was full and once just to visit the resort!! It's an easy walk back to POP.

Have a wonderful trip!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suziewan View Post
I'm really excited to try POP for the first time 1/2-1/11-- we had been booked at AOA in a LM room, but wanted to take advantage of the stay/play/dine deal, so we made the switch. I've booked preferred since it's just DS7 and I the convenience of being close to the main building is important to me since there's no 3rd person to send out when we forget things.
to the POP thread Hope you like POP as much as we all do. A preferred room will be nice especially at that time of year, so now you just need to decide on a location (50s, 60s or 70s) .. all are great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph2527 View Post
Im staying solo at POP (family is staying at Poly, just couldn't justify the cost this time around since I'll be at the parks the entire time!), I've stayed at POP before and had no issues what-so-ever and loved the CM's there. We usually get put in the 60's section which is fine, but is there another (preferred, NOT pool) area you'd suggest since I'll be walking by my self late at night? I know WDW is very safe, this is just the first time i'll be at a resort alone! Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!! Thanks. Oh..I'm checking in on Oct 23rd!
In addition to the other great replies, I will throw out the 70s ... bldg 10 or 6 are very convenient to both Classic Hall and busing.

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 10-15-2012, 10:59 AM   #264
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippa D Doodah View Post
We'll be heading down in just under two weeks for our 4th stay at Pop. I love so much about Pop:
-the value prices make it a good choice for an economical trip
-the food court is a cut above many others on property
-bus service has always been at least acceptable, if not superb
-the loose and funky "feel" of the place
-how surprisingly compact it is (such an easy walk between any two points!)

Even having stayed at moderate and deluxe levels before, I still find Pop suitable for our family (two adults and two teens) although I do wish the beds could be a smidge bigger.
Agree with all you've posted ... funky feel ... great theming too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erincon23 View Post
DS20 and I got back last night -- we had an OUTSTANDING trip! Got what I asked for at Pop -- 60's, lake view. It was nice! We had one issue with the room -- the toilet wouldn't stop running, so we called and they fixed it while we were gone for the day. No towel animals, which disappointed DS a little, but no big deal.

Everything went very well -- we got out on Monday on an earlier stand-by flight, so we were at Disney 5 hours before we thought we would be. Both flights left and landed right on time. We rarely had to wait for a bus. ME was great. Did the F&W -- had lots of terrific food (and none of the W -- I don't really drink, and DS20 is .... well, 20). DS did American Idol -- hadn't planned on it, but decided once we got there. (He didn't win, but they did the hour's video package on him -- that was a lot of fun -- they guy who won (not sour grapes, just bemusement) wasn't as good a singer as DS, but had the underdog thing going for him, we think -- had never been on a stage, sang a country song -- and the video package highlighted that DS is a professional musician. Oh well. It was lots of fun anyway. We saw the Dapper Dans -- one of DS's favorite things. Listened to the Voices of Liberty, which blew DS away. I had a great trip with my wonderful son, and I was very happy to be able to do that!

And the trip was made even better -- DH got an offer for a terrific job (he's been out of work since May) and started Wednesday. I start my new job on Monday, so we're all employed!

Thanks everyone here for the help with Pop questions! I really appreciate it. And Aubriee, the beds are really hard.

PS -- I left my jacket in the room -- realized it on the ME bus to the airport and called Pop right away. They transferred me to Lost & Found. Anyone have success getting something left behind mailed to you?
Erin, welcome back!! GREAT news all around, happy that you had an amazing trip with your DS, got an earlier flight, that you DS got a new job and .... today is YOUR first day on the new job!!

Congratulations to you and your DS!! oh, and how was DS' Chicago gig?

TY Kook!
Old 10-15-2012, 11:09 AM   #265
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnball View Post
I have a question about the keyboard next to the computer pool. I never paid much attention, but is it made out of that soft-ish foam stuff that they use at the play areas? It looks a couple inches thick, and smooth (like the keys aren't raised).

(I know, this is a completely odd question, but isn't that what message boards are for?)

Thanks!
Yes, dawnball this area is soft with a spongy feel to it (and smooth).

TY Kook!
Old 10-15-2012, 11:34 AM   #266
Jodie R
Earning My Ears

We arrived at the Pop Sunday for the first time. Ive always been scared to stay at a value resort, but we LOVE it!! We arrived at 9 in the morning was able to check in and go to our room. I was shocked it was ready so early! And we got an upgrade to a preferred room in the 60's building!
Old 10-15-2012, 01:44 PM   #267
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodie R View Post
We arrived at the Pop Sunday for the first time. Ive always been scared to stay at a value resort, but we LOVE it!! We arrived at 9 in the morning was able to check in and go to our room. I was shocked it was ready so early! And we got an upgrade to a preferred room in the 60's building!
Another POP convert! And an upgrade!! We love the 60s too! We were in bldg 4 (playdoh) in August ... requested connecting rooms and the CM was awesome ... original assigned rooms were not ready, not only did she find us rooms immediately, but kept the connecting, and our bldg 4 request! For us POP CM's rock!!

In all our POP stays, our rooms have been ready ... and that was checking in morning or afternoon.

Have a fabulous stay!!

TY Kook!
Old 10-15-2012, 07:05 PM   #268
Echo queen
I like the idea of being close to the action
I had to buy another piece of luggage today and shoes and a floppy hat
The camping trip got a little hairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodie R View Post
Glad to hear this, I hope my sentiments are the same.

Old 10-15-2012, 09:33 PM   #269
Karabee
DIS Veteran

When should I request the 50s section? Does it matter how early or late since they don't assign rooms until the day before? We're 45 days out
Old 10-16-2012, 08:18 AM   #270
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karabee View Post
When should I request the 50s section? Does it matter how early or late since they don't assign rooms until the day before? We're 45 days out
No reason not to put the request in now .... that way you know it's there, and you can call and confirm 10 days out.

TY Kook!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: