Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2013, 09:58 PM   #2206
heathere3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabeck View Post
I'll be making the voyage to Pop in August!! This will be my first stay at Pop and my first time back in the World since 2006! I made the switch from ASMu because of the bus transportation (I don't like that they stop at other AS resorts) and I've read so many positive reviews.

This is the first trip that I have 100% planned, booked and paid for - so I want everything to go as smoothly as possible. I've been squirreling around on this thread soaking everything in, but I've still got a few concerns...

1. On-line check in - yes? no? I've heard that the online check in lines are often worse than the lines for the people who have not checked in prior to arriving on site. Opinions or tips, please? Arriving around 11:30/noon via ME from the airport and have a park day planned (and a dinner reservation at CRT to get to!)

2. Arrivial - Check in starts at 3pm (I think), but as I stated above I'll be there wayyyy before then. Will I be able to leave my bags somewhere -anywhere - so I can get to the park? I'm going to get cranky if I can't get to the park when I get there! I planned the early flight to get a half park day in.

Thanks for any advice! Beyond excited for WDW and Pop!
1) Just make sure you're off the bus quickly and you'll have almost no lines. Only time we ever have had was when we got stuck as last off the bus
2) Bell services will store them for you quite happily. We always do this, our flight lands at 9:30am . They're outside and to the right of where you get off the Magic Express bus as you face the building.
heathere3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:36 PM   #2207
angel's momma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by olwyngdh View Post
Woo-Hoo!! I will sporting the ever fashionable lime green Mickey on my scooter Hopefully, we will run into each other at some point--that would be exciting!
I will try to watch for you

Pretrip Report: Angel's Make a Wish Cruise on the Dream /and extended days at WDW PTR :We have dates 4/13-25
Trip Report: Angel's Make a Wish DREAM Cruise & extended days at wdw: April 13-25, 2013

Previous trips: 2013 Apr. 18-25 2010 May 8-15 2009 Dec. 4-11 2008 Dec. 15-24 2008 Aug. 30-Sept 7
2007 Sept. 1-8 2006 Dec. 9-16 2006 Sept. 26-Oct.3 2005 Sept. 25-Oct.8 2004 Dec. 11-21 All at POP
CRUISE 2013 Apr. 14-18 Disney DREAM
angel's momma is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-10-2013, 07:03 AM   #2208
Suellen
DIS Veteran

I don't find the check in lines incredibly long pretty much ever. I think we waited once. When we arrived on Saturday about 2:00 there was NO ONE and I mean NO ONE there. I wouldn't worry about that!!
Old 04-10-2013, 08:44 AM   #2209
cindymindy
Earning My Ears

I just checked in online!! 60 days and counting until POP and WDW!!!!!!!

July, 2013: Animal Kingdom Lodge June, 2013: POP Century 2012: Caribbean Beach 2007: Grand Floridian 2001: Coronado Springs 2000: Port Orleans: French Quarter 1999: Caribbean Beach 1998: Coronado Springs 1990: Off property 1987: Off property

cindymindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:24 AM   #2210
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabeck View Post
1. On-line check in - yes? no? I've heard that the online check in lines are often worse than the lines for the people who have not checked in prior to arriving on site. Opinions or tips, please? Arriving around 11:30/noon via ME from the airport and have a park day planned (and a dinner reservation at CRT to get to!)

2. Arrivial - Check in starts at 3pm (I think), but as I stated above I'll be there wayyyy before then. Will I be able to leave my bags somewhere -anywhere - so I can get to the park? I'm going to get cranky if I can't get to the park when I get there! I planned the early flight to get a half park day in.
Yes to online check-in. I think the only way the lines will be "worse" is when there is also little to no wait in the regular line, and you're wondering why you did online check-in. I've seen it like that.

But then you may show up in August 2011 and have a view like this of the regular line from the online check-in line, and you're glad you did online:

As for checking your bags, there's a really good chance your room will be ready for you with a noon arrival, so you won't need to leave your bags. But if you do need to leave them, it's super easy to do at the luggage area out front.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 2 | DCL: 2
Next: Aug 2014 DLR
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:48 AM   #2211
dismom2011
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by backpacktwang View Post
Yep. They have liquid creamer!
What flavor of creamers are available?

Thanks!
dismom2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 12:45 PM   #2212
bentopher
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricosuave View Post
Window decorations??? Great- another thing to add to my growing list . Lol. Are there example pics anywhere to help me out?
There was a thread on here somewhere with various photos... I'm sure you can search for it. When I went last May I was the only room in my area of Sports with a window decorated. But my boys loved it!!!

May 2013 Pop Century: Star Wars Weekend. The boys 2nd trip. And first trip with Grandma (who hadn't been in 15ish years).
May 2012 All Star Sports: The boys first Disney Vacation, and my first time back in 15 years!
Several offsite trips as a child, a disney cruise in 1994, and ASMu in 1997 for Disney 25th Anniversary!
bentopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 01:45 PM   #2213
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismom2011 View Post
What flavor of creamers are available?

Thanks!
Last time I noticed they just had cream flavored creamer.
EpcotBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 01:47 PM   #2214
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Window decorations??? Great- another thing to add to my growing list . Lol. Are there example pics anywhere to help me out?
Here ya go, http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1867638.
Old 04-10-2013, 02:23 PM   #2215
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpcotBill View Post
Last time I noticed they just had cream flavored creamer.
I don't drink coffee, but this made me laugh. Now, the expensive flavored creamer my DD throws in our grocery cart doesn't make me laugh!

No trip scheduled.
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 02:36 PM   #2216
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi View Post
I don't drink coffee, but this made me laugh. Now, the expensive flavored creamer my DD throws in our grocery cart doesn't make me laugh!
Thank You.

I could be wrong about that but I don't remember any flavored creamers.
Old 04-10-2013, 03:23 PM   #2217
drummerwife
This princess saves herself!

Do they have honey at the drink station or anywhere in the food court?
I need it for my hot tea. I can't stand Disney coffee.

drummerwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 04:58 PM   #2218
rabeck
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathere3 View Post
1) Just make sure you're off the bus quickly and you'll have almost no lines. Only time we ever have had was when we got stuck as last off the bus
2) Bell services will store them for you quite happily. We always do this, our flight lands at 9:30am . They're outside and to the right of where you get off the Magic Express bus as you face the building.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suellen View Post
I don't find the check in lines incredibly long pretty much ever. I think we waited once. When we arrived on Saturday about 2:00 there was NO ONE and I mean NO ONE there. I wouldn't worry about that!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash View Post
Yes to online check-in. I think the only way the lines will be "worse" is when there is also little to no wait in the regular line, and you're wondering why you did online check-in. I've seen it like that.

But then you may show up in August 2011 and have a view like this of the regular line from the online check-in line, and you're glad you did online:

As for checking your bags, there's a really good chance your room will be ready for you with a noon arrival, so you won't need to leave your bags. But if you do need to leave them, it's super easy to do at the luggage area out front.
Thank you! I feel so much better!
DL: too many to count 1988-1996, August 2012, planning July 2014
WDW: February 2001, March 2006, August 2013, planning October 2014
rabeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:18 AM   #2219
GOOFYsince71
I know there is no glass slipper in the world that will fit my foot

Quote:
Do they have liquid creamer there? Just wondering if I should bring my own

21 days!!!!!!!
Yes, they have a pump of creamer at the coffee station..But FYI for people with allergies,,,,it does contain Coconut oil aka palm oil~
have fun
Old 04-11-2013, 09:27 AM   #2220
GOOFYsince71
I know there is no glass slipper in the world that will fit my foot

Quote:
Originally Posted by drummerwife View Post
Do they have honey at the drink station or anywhere in the food court?
I need it for my hot tea. I can't stand Disney coffee.
Yep,,,they have honey packets!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: