Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2013, 06:54 PM   #2176
beckyx3
Mouseketeer

Hi everyone , my boyfriend and I will be heading to POP in August . I have a question that may end up being super silly, but I wasn't really sure about it. How do I add a request to our reservation? Do I wait until check in or can I add it beforehand? Last time we went to Disney we kind of just winged that kind of thing because we were staying at the Dolphin and we weren't really worried about room views, location, etc. Also, if anyone has any suggestions about buildings and stuff they would also be greatly appreciated! We're new to POP so we're not too sure about anything there really! Thank you!!
Old 04-07-2013, 08:06 PM   #2177
rlarsen68
Earning My Ears

Pop Century vs All-Star Music

Hello,

WE are heading back to Disney in September. Staying at AKL for most of our trip, but looking to stay a few extra days after our cruise. We have generally stayed at All-Star Music when we re only going to be at Disney for a few days. But, several people lately have told me how much better Pop Century was. Can anyone tell me the the differences between the two other than Pop Century is newer?

Thanks in advance for any tips.

DVC Member since 1999
Visits to Disney World - 25
Visits to Disneyland - 1
Disney Cruises - 4

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-07-2013, 08:27 PM   #2178
SmallWorld71
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlarsen68 View Post
Hello,

WE are heading back to Disney in September. Staying at AKL for most of our trip, but looking to stay a few extra days after our cruise. We have generally stayed at All-Star Music when we re only going to be at Disney for a few days. But, several people lately have told me how much better Pop Century was. Can anyone tell me the the differences between the two other than Pop Century is newer?

Thanks in advance for any tips.
I've stayed at both.
I don't think there really is a big difference when you come right down to it; not enough to sway me to change if I really wanted to stay at one or the other.
A few minor differences:
1) The theming! Our family prefers the theming at POP. But, we also like the Jazz section at Music.
2) The food court - I think Disney improved the design of the food courts as they went along. I like the seating area best at POP, followed by Movies, then Music, then Sports. But, it's not something I base a vaca on and had no problems dining at Sports.
3) the buses - I have never understood the drama I see on these boards about the All-Stars sharing buses. They don't always share and even when they do, it takes a lot less time to get from one All Star to another then it does when riding the deluxe buses from one resort to the next. That said, it is nice not to have to make any extra stops and this is a luxury only POP and AOA can offer.
4) size - Music is smaller, less rooms means less people; but POP does have a good layout which makes it seem smaller than it is and there are 3 pools instead of two to compensate. But, I have seen people who always stay at the All Stars complain about size when they try POP.

Old 04-07-2013, 09:42 PM   #2179
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckyx3 View Post
Hi everyone , my boyfriend and I will be heading to POP in August . I have a question that may end up being super silly, but I wasn't really sure about it. How do I add a request to our reservation? Do I wait until check in or can I add it beforehand? Last time we went to Disney we kind of just winged that kind of thing because we were staying at the Dolphin and we weren't really worried about room views, location, etc. Also, if anyone has any suggestions about buildings and stuff they would also be greatly appreciated! We're new to POP so we're not too sure about anything there really! Thank you!!
Hi Becky! You can call to add a request to your reservation now, if you wish. You can also wait and enter requests when you do online check-in. At that time, you may request a particular decade, Lakeview, ground floor, or something else that I'm not remembering. Online, you can choose up to two requests. I love Lakeview rooms as I find they are quieter. We've been assigned to the 1950s and 1970s for Lakeview and liked both. Take a look at the property map and see if anything appeals to you We've also gone to pop with no requests and were happy with our room assignment. If you're okay going with the flow, there is nothing wrong with that.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Old 04-07-2013, 09:45 PM   #2180
Ballard67
Dreaming of WDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikester View Post
So excited! I was able to book my ADRs yesterday for my October trip! Breakfast at The Wave, late lunch at Biergarten, and dinner at Be Our Guest. Tried to get breakfast at Trails End but the online reservation system kept giving me an error. Guess I'll just keep trying or give them a call.

Now I have to call and book a Key to the Kingdom Tour.
I thought you could not make adrs until 90 days out??

2012 Sept DL(off site) and MNSSHP, 2011 Sept Poly MNSSHP, 2010 Oct POP century MNSSHP and Food and wine 2010 Oct DL trip, 2009 July trip DL and WDW trip, and July 4th stay at POP, 2008 Oct trip POP century, 2007 spring break trip March POP century, 2006 March Spring break trip POP century, 2005 spring break POR, 2004 spring break trip off site(one and only time) 2003 DL trip(off site)
Old 04-07-2013, 09:53 PM   #2181
LauraJean
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballard67 View Post

That was changed. It was like that in 2009 and I don't think it was long after my Oct trip it went again to 180 days
Old 04-08-2013, 04:46 AM   #2182
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacoby 46 View Post
It's here, it's here!!! Finally the day has come!! We are leaving tomorrow morning and soon I will be "home" again!! Can't wait and I know I won't be able to sleep tonight!! LOL

I wanted to hit the LIKE button on this. It's so fun to share in the excitement as others head out. Hope you are having a blast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suellen View Post
Heading over for a quick stay tonight. Happy to take any pictures or answer any questions! My kids love POP so we decided to spend a night as a reward from my girls getting great report cards.
Very nice to be close enough to do quickie trips!
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 04-08-2013, 05:57 AM   #2183
Pikester
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballard67 View Post

What LauraJean said, it is 180 days. And if you stay at a Disney Resort you can make your ADRs at 180 + 10 days. You don't have to keep calling back each day to make your ADR for that day of your trip. Just call on your 180th day and get all your ADRs made for the length of your entire trip but only up to 10 days. If your trip is longer you'll have to call back for those extra days.

Old 04-08-2013, 11:06 AM   #2184
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlarsen68 View Post
We have generally stayed at All-Star Music when we re only going to be at Disney for a few days. But, several people lately have told me how much better Pop Century was. Can anyone tell me the the differences between the two other than Pop Century is newer?
Another difference to keep in mind is that they are separating the pricing on the room rates between the All-Star resorts and Pop Century (and between Pop and AoA Little Mermaid). Generally the room rates are now $10 more per night at Pop when you compare standard to standard, preferred to preferred.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
Old 04-08-2013, 12:32 PM   #2185
beckyx3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi View Post
Hi Becky! You can call to add a request to your reservation now, if you wish. You can also wait and enter requests when you do online check-in. At that time, you may request a particular decade, Lakeview, ground floor, or something else that I'm not remembering. Online, you can choose up to two requests. I love Lakeview rooms as I find they are quieter. We've been assigned to the 1950s and 1970s for Lakeview and liked both. Take a look at the property map and see if anything appeals to you We've also gone to pop with no requests and were happy with our room assignment. If you're okay going with the flow, there is nothing wrong with that.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Thanks so much! I didn't even think of looking at the property map
Old 04-09-2013, 07:34 AM   #2186
HappyGal
DIS Veteran

News Flash......Joffrey's coffee was unveiled at Pop Century this morning. And it is much better than than the Necafe stuff (I tried them side by side).

Monica
Old 04-09-2013, 08:23 AM   #2187
olwyngdh
DIS Veteran

*Happy Dancing!!*

10 Days!!! I can't wait!!!

I am even mostly packed!!!

We will be at Pop the 19th until the 28th? Anyone else going to be there then?

Old 04-09-2013, 08:45 AM   #2188
KELLY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyGal View Post
News Flash......Joffrey's coffee was unveiled at Pop Century this morning. And it is much better than than the Necafe stuff (I tried them side by side).
MY dh will be so excited real coffee. I don't drink it but he at least drinks 2 mugs worth in the am.

Many Trips the past 7 years at pop with free dining!
Me , DH , DD 9 and DD 6
Old 04-09-2013, 09:07 AM   #2189
Annie78
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyGal View Post
!!!
Brewed coffee only, or espresso drinks as well? Sounds like I can pack fewer coffee-in-a-can!
Old 04-09-2013, 10:19 AM   #2190
Goofysrus
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyGal
Is the Nescafé still being served or has it been replaced by Joffrey's? Just curious about using the refillable mug....
Thanks
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: