Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2013, 09:46 PM   #2161
Angeejoe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KELLY View Post
I would suggest for reservations looking into off times. I know that eating after 2pm for lunch isn't ideal. But maybe you could get some of the places you would like to eat.
Thanks Kelly for the quick reply & advice ! I think we're going to go to QS for lunch & TS for dinner. I've gotten a Biergarten & Wispering Canyon reservations thus far. I really want Ohana, and not sure what to do for HS day as I'm not crazy about TS options at HS ( other that Brown Derby, but it's 2 TS credits). I thought about taking boat over to Epcot area hotels & dine there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Hi! Welcome to the POP FAQ Thread!! As Kelly suggested, look for off meal times… also perhaps consider booking a signature meal (uses 2 TS credits). Try a TS for lunch time or book the last breakfast time...... For dinner at O’hanas there is always a line for walk ups (probably other restaurants have this too)…and the line does move. If you are willing to chance it get there between 5-6pm. We love O'hanas!

Remember to keep checking availability, at the 45 day mark people do cancel…. You are a little over 50 days yourself so keep a close watch. You can often find more availability at the resort restaurants over the parks (with the exception of MK resorts, which are very popular, but still possible.)

The BB from January covers the following 2013 dates (only listing the remaining dates).... Values 25%; mods 30%, deluxe/deluxe villas 35%

8/4-10/5/13,
10/20-11/02/13
11/17-11/23/13
11/30-12/4/13
12/15-12/19/13

On the AP, if you believe you will be returning and plan on having several parks days then consider one. Don’t do it for future discounts. Often times the GP mirrors the AP deals (AP a few percentages higher).. Right now the BB is very good, so be sure to book something before you check out if you believe you may be returning.

At POP, take a stroll down memory lane by the lake, many interesting facts/fun trivia to be seen on the signs on the path.... check out the lobby and look at the shadow boxes, it’s fun to look back and see the fads and news from way back in time!! You can stop by the lobby and do the hustle at 6pm. .

P.S. Congrats to your DH on his recent graduation and his new job!
Thanks Janet B with the warm welcome, the congrats to DH & great advice!!

I really want ohana, but why is it that when I try to book Ohana for 2 people there are no reservations, but when I put in 3 or 4 there's room? I feel like I'm being penalized for being a small party! Is this nuts? I'm totaling taking your advice to look at 45 day mark! I am looking daily. We're pretty flexible for any dinner time there!

For the bounce back I think we're considering the end of Oct, we've never been to MNSSHP nor Food & Wine Festival!

As for APs I really having been considering it to save $ on tickets, didn't really think of AP room discount, but that would be bonus. I should've also told you more of my back story( lol! You're going to get sick of my stories!). We were originally going to have a fall vacation with my extended family, but it was postponed because my SIL recently found out she's pregnant & due during original trip. So if all works out I'd go w/ my aunt in may, DH in fall & whole family in spring! This would be total dream 3times in a 12 mo period!!!
Old 04-05-2013, 06:54 AM   #2162
brooke789
Mouseketeer

Can anyone tell me about how long the bus rides will take to the different parks? We're planning to go for RD at each morning. It is 8am for EMH days and 9am for all others during our stay. For an 8am RD what time will we need to leave?

Thanks for your help!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-05-2013, 07:46 AM   #2163
Pikester
DIS Veteran

So excited! I was able to book my ADRs yesterday for my October trip! Breakfast at The Wave, late lunch at Biergarten, and dinner at Be Our Guest. Tried to get breakfast at Trails End but the online reservation system kept giving me an error. Guess I'll just keep trying or give them a call.

Now I have to call and book a Key to the Kingdom Tour.

Old 04-05-2013, 07:55 AM   #2164
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooke789 View Post
Can anyone tell me about how long the bus rides will take to the different parks? We're planning to go for RD at each morning. It is 8am for EMH days and 9am for all others during our stay. For an 8am RD what time will we need to leave?

Thanks for your help!
The actual bus ride from Pop to the various parks is about 15 to 22 minutes (give or take). We are RD people, too. I like to be at the bus stop about 45 minutes before the park opens. We're frequently among the first to go through the turnstiles. Sometimes that means you have a wait before you can get through the turnstiles, but that first hour is worth getting up early for.

From the stop at Pop, you may board a bus immediately, or you could be waiting 20 minutes (though I've never waited that long for a major park bus). Then you'll have a walk from the drop spot to the park entrance. That walk can vary a lot. Epcot, in particular, can be quite a distance from the bus drop to the entrance. Some bus drivers, especially first thing in the morning, will be able to drop guests closer to the entrance. That will NOT be where you'll be picked up for the return ride to the resort, though.

Need to plan a trip!
Old 04-05-2013, 07:59 AM   #2165
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikester View Post
So excited! I was able to book my ADRs yesterday for my October trip! Breakfast at The Wave, late lunch at Biergarten, and dinner at Be Our Guest. Tried to get breakfast at Trails End but the online reservation system kept giving me an error. Guess I'll just keep trying or give them a call.

Now I have to call and book a Key to the Kingdom Tour.
The Keys to the Kingdom Tour is great. I wanted to point out that guests must be 16 years old and have valid photo id to do the tour. It looks like your kids are 11 and 15, so they wouldn't be able to do that tour. There are other tours that younger people can do. Once my DD turned 16, we were able to do the Keys to the Kingdom and the Backstage Magic tours and they were fabulous.

Need to plan a trip!
Old 04-05-2013, 08:08 AM   #2166
Pikester
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi View Post
The Keys to the Kingdom Tour is great. I wanted to point out that guests must be 16 years old and have valid photo id to do the tour. It looks like your kids are 11 and 15, so they wouldn't be able to do that tour. There are other tours that younger people can do. Once my DD turned 16, we were able to do the Keys to the Kingdom and the Backstage Magic tours and they were fabulous.
Thanks for the info but only my husband and I are going on the trip.

Old 04-05-2013, 08:15 AM   #2167
kyslota
Earning My Ears

I'm excited to be staying here in October for 9 days! A friend recommended POP. This thread is so helpful!
Old 04-05-2013, 10:57 AM   #2168
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooke789 View Post
For the first part of your question, here's my estimates for the actual bus rides themselves, not the wait or any other factors:

HS: 5-7 minutes
EP: 7-10 minutes
AK: 10-15 minutes
MK: 15-20 minutes

WDW: 17 | DLR: 2 | DCL: 2
Next: Aug 2014 DLR
Old 04-05-2013, 11:37 AM   #2169
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikester View Post
Thanks for the info but only my husband and I are going on the trip.
Sweet! Enjoy your vacation and the tour.

Need to plan a trip!
Old 04-05-2013, 03:04 PM   #2170
pinkerbell
FREE DDP 06, 07, 08, 09 & 10!!

subbing ,.,.,.,.,.

mom dad dd 9 dd 7
Link to AOA pics - more than you could possibly want!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3009843
Summer 87 Magic Kingdom College Program, 4 93, 4 94 and 3 95, 3 & 10 96, 10 98, 5 99, 10 01, 10 02, 10 04 & 10 05 off property 5 05 and 10 06 ASSports 9 07, 9 08 & 9 09 ASMo, POR 2 10, POP 4 10 and ASMo 9 10, ASMo 9 11, Dolphin 2 12, POP 4 12, AoA 9 12, Dolphin 1 13, POP 4 13 Dolphin 1 14 POP 4 14
Old 04-05-2013, 10:08 PM   #2171
Jacoby 46
Run Disney in November!

It's here, it's here!!! Finally the day has come!! We are leaving tomorrow morning and soon I will be "home" again!! Can't wait and I know I won't be able to sleep tonight!! LOL

Old 04-06-2013, 06:38 AM   #2172
Pikester
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacoby 46 View Post
It's here, it's here!!! Finally the day has come!! We are leaving tomorrow morning and soon I will be "home" again!! Can't wait and I know I won't be able to sleep tonight!! LOL

Have a great trip!

Old 04-06-2013, 07:02 AM   #2173
trekker93
DIS Veteran

Smile Have a POP time!

We love it there and will continue to go to enjoy it! The people, theme, food and buses are great! Have a lot of fun! Hope you have good weather!

1978(offsite),1984offsite,1990(DixieLandings),2004 ,2005,2006-off site,2007(POP),2008(POP),2009(POP),2010(Sept)-Pop Century,2011Sept.POPCentury,All Star Music - July 2012, Sept2012 POP, May 2013-POP,Sept2013 - POP
Next TRIP:POP Century - Sept.2014
Old 04-06-2013, 09:03 AM   #2174
Suellen
DIS Veteran

Heading over for a quick stay tonight. Happy to take any pictures or answer any questions! My kids love POP so we decided to spend a night as a reward from my girls getting great report cards.
Old 04-06-2013, 09:04 AM   #2175
Blessedwithboys
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suellen View Post
Heading over for a quick stay tonight. Happy to take any pictures or answer any questions! My kids love POP so we decided to spend a night as a reward from my girls getting great report cards.
How fun!! What a wonderful reward!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: