Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2013, 05:18 PM   #2011
mjperry
One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation. Right at the start of anything that's new, one little spark lights up for you.

To me it's a place to sleep, rest, and take a shower before you go have more fun.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
July - 2010 - POP
June - 2011 - POP
*Plus Three Times Off Site, before I knew better.
My Disney Blog
http://www.interplantarypodcast.blogspot.com

T

Old 03-17-2013, 05:53 PM   #2012
Goofysrus
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjperry
To me it's a place to sleep, rest, and take a shower before you go have more fun.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
I agree 100%!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-17-2013, 06:06 PM   #2013
olwyngdh
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KELLY View Post
I have stayed at all levels and agree. I think the rooms being small is way over stated.
I agree--we had 3 adults and a child in a room at Pop last trip, and will again. I brought a hanging shoe thing for the bathroom door for toiletries, and hanging shelves to put in the closet for food, etc, and we had no issues with the size. I was in on one of the fridge swaps, and since they have fridges in the room now, we won't even have that floor space taken up. The *only* thing I wish Pop had that it doesn't is a hot tub!

Old 03-17-2013, 06:37 PM   #2014
tracydeech
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbugeye22
I am here right now sitting at the pool, I have to say based on some of the reviews I was actually regretting booking here. I have a standard room In building 4 and I was pleasantly surprised by the accommodations. My last stay was at Coronado springs and I prefer this place. Right by the pool, clean rooms. I have heard that the rooms are tiny and I have to disagree. As first timers here we are very happy that I did not switch hotels.
Thank you for this review. I was getting worried reading some of the reviews. My family is not too hard to please so we should be fine. Staying there this fall! Can't wait!
Old 03-17-2013, 07:30 PM   #2015
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Checked into POP today...was talking to one of the check in desk supervisors and surprisingly enough while some of the other hotels are booked solid, or close to it...POP is not! Yay For us!! This is supposed to be a busy week here!

My DD works at Saratoga Springs and it was a Mad House over there!!
Old 03-17-2013, 07:36 PM   #2016
bentopher
Mouseketeer

I'm so bummed

Serves me right for modifying my reservation too many times.
I was online yesterday doing my checkin (60 days).. and I noticed that it said "standard room". And I'm like hmmm...

So I call in cuz I KNOW when I booked this back in October I upgraded to a preferred view and sure enough, somewhere in my many modifications the preferred view was "lost" and now I'm only booked in a standard room.

Not to say that she can't book me the preferred room, cuz she can, but now that's $120 more.. and after budgeting to get this trip paid off, I'm not sure that I want to pay the extra cuz in my HEAD, the price was for the preferred room since that's what I originally booked.

Sigh.. just bummed and needed to vent.

Thanks.

May 2013 Pop Century: Star Wars Weekend. The boys 2nd trip. And first trip with Grandma (who hadn't been in 15ish years).
May 2012 All Star Sports: The boys first Disney Vacation, and my first time back in 15 years!
Several offsite trips as a child, a disney cruise in 1994, and ASMu in 1997 for Disney 25th Anniversary!
Old 03-17-2013, 07:45 PM   #2017
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentopher View Post
I'm so bummed

Serves me right for modifying my reservation too many times.
I was online yesterday doing my checkin (60 days).. and I noticed that it said "standard room". And I'm like hmmm...

So I call in cuz I KNOW when I booked this back in October I upgraded to a preferred view and sure enough, somewhere in my many modifications the preferred view was "lost" and now I'm only booked in a standard room.

Not to say that she can't book me the preferred room, cuz she can, but now that's $120 more.. and after budgeting to get this trip paid off, I'm not sure that I want to pay the extra cuz in my HEAD, the price was for the preferred room since that's what I originally booked.

Sigh.. just bummed and needed to vent.

Thanks.
Chin up! There are MANY standard rooms that will be closer to things than some of the preferred rooms. Consider it a blessing that you didn't spend the extra when there is no guarantee the room would be in a better location. I suggest requesting building 9 in the Rubik's Cube area. If you take the stairs on the far right of the building (when looking at the map), you can cut through the parking lot and be at the bus stops in no time.
Old 03-17-2013, 08:05 PM   #2018
SnoopyGal7
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwimBikeRun View Post

We just used Mears to go to Universal. Very easy and a good experience. They were right on time and picked us up at Pop in a small van. Stopped first at SeaWorld and were at IOA way before it opened (our preference).

Pick up was just as easy but they only pick up on the :15 of the hour. We were picked up at 5:15 and it was a deluxe coach bus heading to all the Disney hotels. They couldn't drop us at DTD so we hopped off at the first hotel drop and picked up Disney transportation to DTD. Easy peasy.

We did not need the express pass. It was freezing when we were there. Lines were short. We had a lot of fun and my boys loved the thrill rides. We only did IOA. Next time I'd do a day at both parks, I think!
Awesome, thanks for the info on mears! I think we'll be using their service when we go. How far in advance did you have to call to schedule a pick up time?

I was hesitant on whether or not it was worth it to sacrifice a day from disney to go to "the dark side". But once my husband saw the hulk roller coaster, Spider-Man ride, and the rip rock it coaster, he was sold. So, looks like we're going! Haha...
Old 03-17-2013, 08:06 PM   #2019
bentopher
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
Chin up! There are MANY standard rooms that will be closer to things than some of the preferred rooms. Consider it a blessing that you didn't spend the extra when there is no guarantee the room would be in a better location. I suggest requesting building 9 in the Rubik's Cube area. If you take the stairs on the far right of the building (when looking at the map), you can cut through the parking lot and be at the bus stops in no time.
Ahh gee thanks. I know once I digest it, it'll be ok.
It's just hard when you've had this plan in your head.. Preferred View, and request was 50's section. We wanted to spend time in the Bowling Pin pool, and yet be close enough to transportation.

Last time I did a standard room at the All Star Sports.. we were in the BACK and the longest walk. At night with 2 young little kids walking to your room is the WORST feeling ever. Didn't want to have to do that again this time, y'know?

Can I hope I end up with some at check-in? lol

May 2013 Pop Century: Star Wars Weekend. The boys 2nd trip. And first trip with Grandma (who hadn't been in 15ish years).
May 2012 All Star Sports: The boys first Disney Vacation, and my first time back in 15 years!
Several offsite trips as a child, a disney cruise in 1994, and ASMu in 1997 for Disney 25th Anniversary!
Old 03-17-2013, 08:13 PM   #2020
SnoopyGal7
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesdumbo View Post

If I am reading the map right there are 2,880 rooms at Pop-10 building with 72 rooms on each of 4 floors.

5 of those buildings (Jukebox, Play-Doh, Mickey Phone, Walkman, Laptop) have only standard rooms and 5 (Lady, Tramp, Mogli, Big Wheel, Roger Rabbit) have accessible rooms. The standard room buildings have only 2 kings on the first 3 floors so only 6 rooms in 5 buildings = 30 standard king rooms in the entire resort.

The accessible buildings have 4 double bed accessible rooms on all 4 floors so 16 * 5 buildings = 80 total and 6 king accessible rooms on each floor so 24 * 5 = 120 total.

That leaves 2,650 standard double bed rooms.

All king rooms have connecting doors.

Soooooo, my husband and I are super low maintenance, and so some of the negative reviews on here don't worry me. I've read way more positive things about Pop, so I'm super excited! I'm just thrilled about being on site!

BUT.....( you knew that was coming, right?) I admit I'm sorta bummed that if your request a King room, you're not guaranteed one. It's just me and the hubs, and (get ready for a little TMI) we pretty much cuddle like sleepy bears all night. In other words, without a king, the alternative is two twin beds??? How do couples manage this? Do y'all just sleep in separate beds? Move the beds together? Cuddle up in one?

How good are the chances for us getting a king in September, especially if I make no other requests? I really don't care which building we get....I kinda look forward to the luck of the draw, and figure if they put us in the boonies, it's good exercise! but the no king is buggin me....I haven't even told my husband because I know he's going to be super bummed....lol.
Old 03-17-2013, 08:20 PM   #2021
Pikester
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopyGal7 View Post
Soooooo, my husband and I are super low maintenance, and so some of the negative reviews on here don't worry me. I've read way more positive things about Pop, so I'm super excited! I'm just thrilled about being on site!

BUT.....( you knew that was coming, right?) I admit I'm sorta bummed that if your request a King room, you're not guaranteed one. It's just me and the hubs, and (get ready for a little TMI) we pretty much cuddle like sleepy bears all night. In other words, without a king, the alternative is two twin beds??? How do couples manage this? Do y'all just sleep in separate beds? Move the beds together? Cuddle up in one?

How good are the chances for us getting a king in September, especially if I make no other requests? I really don't care which building we get....I kinda look forward to the luck of the draw, and figure if they put us in the boonies, it's good exercise! but the no king is buggin me....I haven't even told my husband because I know he's going to be super bummed....lol.

Two Full size beds.

Old 03-17-2013, 08:24 PM   #2022
SnoopyGal7
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesdumbo View Post

If I am reading the map right there are 2,880 rooms at Pop-10 building with 72 rooms on each of 4 floors.

5 of those buildings (Jukebox, Play-Doh, Mickey Phone, Walkman, Laptop) have only standard rooms and 5 (Lady, Tramp, Mogli, Big Wheel, Roger Rabbit) have accessible rooms. The standard room buildings have only 2 kings on the first 3 floors so only 6 rooms in 5 buildings = 30 standard king rooms in the entire resort.

The accessible buildings have 4 double bed accessible rooms on all 4 floors so 16 * 5 buildings = 80 total and 6 king accessible rooms on each floor so 24 * 5 = 120 total.

That leaves 2,650 standard double bed rooms.

All king rooms have connecting doors.
So, for those couples only...if you don't get a king, what do y'all do? Please don't say sleep separately, because that'd be very sad. is there a good chance of getting a king if we're going in September, and we have no other requests?
Old 03-17-2013, 08:35 PM   #2023
lovesdumbo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So, for those couples only...if you don't get a king, what do y'all do? Please don't say sleep separately, because that'd be very sad. is there a good chance of getting a king if we're going in September, and we have no other requests?
I've never requested one so I don't know what your chances are. You can book a king room in the moderate resorts. It is just a request at values and deluxe resorts.
Old 03-17-2013, 08:37 PM   #2024
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
I had no trouble sleeping in the double bed with someone, you shouldn't have trouble either really. They are not Twins, they are doubles, so while it's a tighter squeeze if you really cuddle that close you should be fine.

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR

Old 03-17-2013, 08:41 PM   #2025
SnoopyGal7
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post

I had no trouble sleeping in the double bed with someone, you shouldn't have trouble either really. They are not Twins, they are doubles, so while it's a tighter squeeze if you really cuddle that close you should be fine.
Sorry for the multiple posts...I'm on the iPad, and it said my first message was not processing, and I was like "aw heck, I'm not rewriting all that", hence the shorter duplicate one. sorry about that!

Glad to know they're doubles! I was under the impression they were twins for some reason. Not so worried anymore!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: