Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2013, 08:35 AM   #1966
Stefne
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi

It was my understanding that the regular dining plan (with one CS, one TS, and one snack) did NOT include an appetizer. They made that change a few years ago. I thought you got an entree, dessert, and a drink.

Does someone know for sure?
This is my understanding as well...
Old 03-15-2013, 08:51 AM   #1967
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi View Post
It was my understanding that the regular dining plan (with one CS, one TS, and one snack) did NOT include an appetizer. They made that change a few years ago. I thought you got an entree, dessert, and a drink.

Yes, you are correct.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-15-2013, 09:57 AM   #1968
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi View Post
PhoenixStrength posted --

"* If we are on the DDP, and we go to a restaurant, and want an appetizer-- we have to pay OOP, correct? Can't switch out a dessert for an appetizer?

If you are on the Quick Service Dining Plan then you only get counter service meals, which don't offer appetizers. If you are on the regular or higher dining plan than you get an appetizer, entree and dessert with each meal at a sit down restaurant."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefne View Post
This is my understanding as well...
Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
Yes, you are correct.
me three... I assumed PhoenixStrength meant the DxDP for the appetizer ... and just inadvertantly mentioned the reg DP in the same sentenence... She's a veteran of the DIS...

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 03-15-2013, 10:18 AM   #1969
SnoopyGal7
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Hi SnoopyGal7, figured I'd put my .2 cents in here too! Visited IOA/Studios 2 summers ago, with my DD and her BFF...will add that we are big HP fans!! That being said, think that anyone will appreciate the attention to detail in the WWoHP... Forbidden Journey (feature ride) is a-mazing! We went on many times (if only Disney had HP at HS!) Oh well! There is a kids coaster and the Dragon Challenge ... you have a replica of the Hogwarts express, plus the famous shops an eateries from the books. We all loved eating at the Three Broomsticks. BTW, we like the frozed butterbeer better.

If I calculated correctly you are going the second week of Sept, right? Suggest going over to Universal on a weekday for lower crowds...we went mid August and it was busy, however we still had a great time....kids are back in school... I think it is worth it... Spiderman is a terrific, along with old favorites and if you like coasters, they have 'em! water rides, and in the studios, shows, despicable me, the simpsons, ET, etc. After your day you can have dinner at CityWalk ..

As Sandi mentioned Mears Transporation offers an easy way over and back.. it's approx $19 pp RT.

Overall we love Disney, but we did enjoy our 2+ days at IOA/Universal...
Thanks for your input, Janet B! Just reading what your wrote makes me feel excited at the idea of going. I think my fear is that I don't want to pay a pretty expensive fee (for us both) to get there, park tickets, food, etc., only to regret doing it and saying to ourselves, "Ugh, we could have had another day at Disney!".

Yup, we will be at Disney from 9/8 to 9/16. With ADR's scheduled, and EMH, and all, I've planned to fit in a day at Universal on Tuesday, 9/10. I figured that crowds should be low because, (a) it's September and (b) it's a weekday. Given that, if we do go, would you still recommend purchasing Universal's version of "fast pass"? Also, would you recommend their "park hopper", or could we spend the day at IoA and be satisfied?

Mears RT $38 for us both sounds nicely affordable! Better than I anticipated. Are they reliable? How early in advance should you schedule their transportation? Could we rent a car with the front desk at Disney, for cheaper than $38 for the day?

Sorry-- this is a rookie question....what is CityWalk?
Old 03-15-2013, 10:39 AM   #1970
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B

me three... I assumed PhoenixStrength meant the DxDP for the appetizer ... and just inadvertantly mentioned the reg DP in the same sentenence... She's a veteran of the DIS...
Yes I did mean that, sorry for the confusion! I was typing on my phone and just got ahead of myself and skipped the sentence I was going to write in between about the reg DP. Thanks everyone for clarifying it so I didn't lead them down the wrong path.

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR

Old 03-15-2013, 04:32 PM   #1971
AuroraRora
Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopyGal7

Thanks for your input, Janet B! Just reading what your wrote makes me feel excited at the idea of going. I think my fear is that I don't want to pay a pretty expensive fee (for us both) to get there, park tickets, food, etc., only to regret doing it and saying to ourselves, "Ugh, we could have had another day at Disney!".

Yup, we will be at Disney from 9/8 to 9/16. With ADR's scheduled, and EMH, and all, I've planned to fit in a day at Universal on Tuesday, 9/10. I figured that crowds should be low because, (a) it's September and (b) it's a weekday. Given that, if we do go, would you still recommend purchasing Universal's version of "fast pass"? Also, would you recommend their "park hopper", or could we spend the day at IoA and be satisfied?
Mears RT $38 for us both sounds nicely affordable! Better than I anticipated. Are they reliable? How early in advance should you schedule their transportation? Could we rent a car with the front desk at Disney, for cheaper than $38 for the day?

Citywalk is a bit like Universal's version of DTD, it's in the middle of both parks and has shops, bars and restaurants. I think it'd definitely be worth buying their fastpass option, even with the lower crowds. I remember us spending a whole day at IoA so unless you have specific rides you want to do at Universal, you could probably do without the hopper option and just stay at IoA.
July '12 - POFQ 10 days
March 2013 ASMu 5 days ......May 2013 POP 8 days...... October 2013 POP 10 days *
Old 03-15-2013, 04:43 PM   #1972
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopyGal7 View Post

I've started doing research about the studios ... reading a lot on the Universal threads. The Universal "experts" suggest not buying the Express Pass thingy until you are there and see rather or not you really need it. The pass is non-refundable and date specific. They also suggest to not buy it at the front gate since you can purchase it thru out the park. If you don't need it great you saved some money.
Old 03-15-2013, 08:20 PM   #1973
2Pirates2Princesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength

They are long gone. Area was re-surfaced and everything.

My kids are probably too old for the pop jets anyway (youngest is 4), but I am curious to know if the Goofy statue is still there and if the area was resurfaced to be a play area or something of that nature?
Old 03-15-2013, 08:26 PM   #1974
nahla1204
Mouseketeer

I cannot remember which forum or thread had special offers. Like if free dining comes out for my dates, what thread should I subscribe to so I'm notified? Thanks!!

May 2012 POP :: 1999 off site :: 1998 CBR :: 1988 off site :: 1985 off site

Me35 DS4 DS4 DS4
Old 03-15-2013, 08:29 PM   #1975
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Pirates2Princesses

My kids are probably too old for the pop jets anyway (youngest is 4), but I am curious to know if the Goofy statue is still there and if the area was resurfaced to be a play area or something of that nature?
Hi! Yes the area was resurfaced and beach theme is still present ... goofy, the surfboard and the car are still there .. the jets were covered with a slightly blue giving material and is essentially a play area for the kids.

AOA does have a splash area so you can check that out as an option

TY Kook!
Old 03-15-2013, 08:41 PM   #1976
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nahla1204
I cannot remember which forum or thread had special offers. Like if free dining comes out for my dates, what thread should I subscribe to so I'm notified? Thanks!!
This thread can usually be found under the "Disney Discount Codes & Rates" section (which is included under "disney resorts" forum where the Pop FAQ thread is found ... Hope this is clear ... Posting from my phone otherwise I would find and post the link for you

TY Kook!
Old 03-15-2013, 09:24 PM   #1977
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Now, now, Janet B, are you encouraging Pop guests to visit the gated AoA pool area?

...not that the AoA guests bother to close the gate behind them, as I observed in person during my "pop"-in visit to AoA on Feb 23...

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
Old 03-15-2013, 10:36 PM   #1978
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash

Now, now, Janet B, are you encouraging Pop guests to visit the gated AoA pool area?

...not that the AoA guests bother to close the gate behind them, as I observed in person during my "pop"-in visit to AoA on Feb 23...
:laughing; well that didn't come off too great now did it? it was my understanding that the splash and play area is separate from the gated pool area .is this not true ... .am I losing it? :

TY Kook!
Old 03-15-2013, 10:52 PM   #1979
2Pirates2Princesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B

Hi! Yes the area was resurfaced and beach theme is still present ... goofy, the surfboard and the car are still there .. the jets were covered with a slightly blue giving material and is essentially a play area for the kids.

Our original plan was to take an afternoon to walk over the bridge to check out AOA and look around, but I think we are just going to skip doing that. I am sure my kids will love Pop, but I know if my kids see the Nemo pool area and theming in the Cars area up close they may get disappointed that we aren't staying at AOA. We will be Pop first timers so I think the theming at Pop and the kiddie pool and other three pools there will more than suffice and I know longer feel the pull to go explore AOA.
Old 03-15-2013, 11:22 PM   #1980
AuroraRora
Princess

Is it a pretty easy walk from Pop to AoA?
July '12 - POFQ 10 days
March 2013 ASMu 5 days ......May 2013 POP 8 days...... October 2013 POP 10 days *
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: