Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2013, 07:39 PM   #1711
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel*Pie View Post
Does that mean that they won't assign me one?
Nope.

Quote:
Or is it an undesirable room?
That's a matter of opinion. I believe the handicap accessible rooms will have handles/bars on the walls in the bathroom. And I believe there is no tub, but a shower that a wheelchair can roll into.

We've never gotten an accessible room, so hopefully someone who has will be along to explain in more accurate detail. I'm only going off memory of what others have posted here on the DIS.

******ETA*****

I found some pics of an HA King room. Check out post #448 and 472 of this thread.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....ght=accessible

Last edited by dansdad; 02-23-2013 at 07:56 PM.
Old 02-23-2013, 08:36 PM   #1712
Mel*Pie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
Nope.

That's a matter of opinion. I believe the handicap accessible rooms will have handles/bars on the walls in the bathroom. And I believe there is no tub, but a shower that a wheelchair can roll into.

We've never gotten an accessible room, so hopefully someone who has will be along to explain in more accurate detail. I'm only going off memory of what others have posted here on the DIS.

******ETA*****

I found some pics of an HA King room. Check out post #448 and 472 of this thread.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....ght=accessible
Thank you so much for those photos! At least I'll know what to expect. I'd rather have a King bed, even if it has the HA shower. I guess I'll just request "King room, 50s section" without a building specification and see what happens!

Thanks again!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-23-2013, 08:46 PM   #1713
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you so much for those photos! At least I'll know what to expect. I'd rather have a King bed, even if it has the HA shower. I guess I'll just request "King room, 50s section" without a building specification and see what happens!

Thanks again!
You're welcome.
Old 02-24-2013, 07:47 AM   #1714
Disneyfan3333
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
That's correct! From post #6 of this thread:

Hippy Dippy Kiddie Pool closed 2/19/13-3/15/13 - pool deck replacement.

Bowling Pin Pool closed 2/25 - 2/27/13

Computer Pool closed 2/28/13-3/1/13

Any word on whether they've made any arrangements to help with the closure of the kids splash pad pool now that it's closed? Hoping they'll allow access to the A of A one, but know is a long shot! And if not, is there any of the three main pools that would be better then the others for a toddler?
Old 02-24-2013, 10:27 AM   #1715
backpacktwang
Mouseketeer

Good morning!

Our first stay at POP starts in 26 days!!!! So, I was looking into online checkin and saw that you can make requests for your room. Any suggestions? We booked a preferred room and I know nothing about what we may want to request. Any info you can give me is greatly appreciated.

ETA: It will be me, dh, and ds6 (almost 7). We will be there for 5 nights.
Old 02-24-2013, 11:14 AM   #1716
reenie1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfan3333 View Post
Any word on whether they've made any arrangements to help with the closure of the kids splash pad pool now that it's closed? Hoping they'll allow access to the A of A one, but know is a long shot! And if not, is there any of the three main pools that would be better then the others for a toddler?
We just got back from a great stay at POP early this morning. The little splash pool was closed most of the week, but it re-opened on Friday. Not sure if it will stay open or not.
Old 02-24-2013, 06:23 PM   #1717
SwimBikeRun
Mouseketeer

The limo picks us up in 8.5 hours!! I'm still packing! Darn weather fluctuations!

So excited!
Old 02-24-2013, 08:28 PM   #1718
Jennifer84
Mouseketeer

What area is closest to the bus? I will be traveling with two little ones who will be very sleepy by the time we get back to the resort each night, so I am trying to get the shortest walk possible! Thanks in advance
2 Princesses and a Prince visit for the fisrt time ~ April 2014
April 2014 PTR

Old 02-24-2013, 09:16 PM   #1719
heathere3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer84
Hi everyone! I just changed my resort from CBR to POP so I wanted to come read up on it. You all seem so knowledgeable! I am coming with my daughters (ages 2 and 5- turning 6 during the trip) May 3-9. Its my 2nd trip to WDW (first and only trip was when I was 5 and I don't remember much) and my girls' first trip Cannot wait!
We'll be there May 4-9th! I'm sure you and your daughters will love Pop, this'll be our 7th stay there
Old 02-24-2013, 09:29 PM   #1720
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwimBikeRun
The limo picks us up in 8.5 hours!! I'm still packing! Darn weather fluctuations!

So excited!
A last minute packer just like me!!!
Although...I leave for my next trip in exactly three weeks. I will be at POP very early! I have a 720am flight so we have to leave our house by 5am. I need to be TOTALLY packed the night before w/ the exception of my hair dryer & make-up. Those are the only things I don't have doubles of...and I despise POP's hair dryer. I have VERY long hair. I have already restocked my toiletry bag. And since it is so cold here, I'm thinking about packing my clothes now... I love knowing I'm not the only procrastinator (normally) when it comes to packing! Hope you have a Great Trip and a Groovy stay at POP!!
Old 02-24-2013, 09:39 PM   #1721
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer84
What area is closest to the bus? I will be traveling with two little ones who will be very sleepy by the time we get back to the resort each night, so I am trying to get the shortest walk possible! Thanks in advance
If you want to be assured of being closest to the buses, then your best bet is going to be to book a preferred room. Preferred rooms are in the front sections of the 50's, 60's and 70's closest to Classic Hall. You can get standard rooms that are fairly close to the buses too BUT it is not going to be a guarantee. That said, POP is really pretty good about trying to meet people's requests but it will also depend on how busy the resort is and what is available on your checkin day. So if it is ABSOLUTELY 100% critcal, then I would suggest going with a preferred room. The other option is book preferred and then when you check in see what is available in standard. I think it is easier to downgrade...IMO. because if you don't like what's available in standard, you just stay put! just my. .02
Good Luck!
Old 02-24-2013, 10:03 PM   #1722
jodi90
Mouseketeer

At Pop right now. The rooms are smaller than I expected but not too bad. The kids splash area was open this morning.

The weather has been nice. A little rainy earlier today but not bad.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 02-25-2013, 07:45 AM   #1723
momtwoboys
DIS Veteran

just switched to POP from POR for our April trip kids are excited. Question is can anyone please recommend a quality twin air mattress with a built in pump? DS 12 is 58 in tall and 62 lbs...both boys will not do well in a double anymore
DS (14)
Lily
Old 02-25-2013, 08:02 AM   #1724
angelmom27
DIS Veteran

Joining in. Had to change our kid free anniversary trip at CBR to a family trip staying at POP in two rooms. It will be me, DH, DS 14, DD 10, DS 9, DD 7, DD 5, DD 4, and DD 2. We will be there in May. 3 more months to go. We have visited pop a lot. My aunt has stayed here twice and my cousins too. This will be the first time our family has ever stayed on property. Its a surprise for all. No one knew about the trip from the beginning so just going to continue with the secret. My MIL won't be able to watch the kids so that's why plans changed.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:37 AM   #1725
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtwoboys View Post
just switched to POP from POR for our April trip kids are excited. Question is can anyone please recommend a quality twin air mattress with a built in pump? DS 12 is 58 in tall and 62 lbs...both boys will not do well in a double anymore
We have a Coleman twin sized air mattress. The pump is electric and works really fast. It is blown up in about 90 seconds. I'm not sure what you mean by "built in." The pump is separate from the mattress, but came with the mattress and works great. We've taken it to WDW, skiing, camping, and it gets used a lot for sleepovers.

We also have an Aerobed queen size mattress. The Coleman is better quality and the customer service is great. (I had an issue with a ring getting lost in the mattress and they sent a new insert package immediately at no cost.)

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: