Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 03:12 PM   #1696
Laracroft72
All things Disney Lover

[QUOTE=Janet B;47578396]Laracroft... the grill is open until 11pm (burgers,sandwiches, fries, etc.)... pizza staion open til midnight (pizza, pasta, chicken). You should be able to get something before it closes.

Thanks a bunch JanetB!!
Old 02-22-2013, 02:27 PM   #1697
bgenew1
Mouseketeer

Question on King Rooms

Returning to Pop for my bday trip in May. I put a request when I made my reservation for a King bed but we want a non-handicapped room. I reviewed the chart on the first page for locations. Did I read it right? King beds/standard rooms are in:

50s Bldg 2
60s Bldg 4
70s Bldg 6
80s Bldg 9
90s Bldg 8

If we do online check in what is the best way to list this as a request?

Thanks, Amy
Register to remove

Old 02-22-2013, 05:54 PM   #1698
MichelleWDWfan
Mouseketeer

Looking forward to my trip March 6 thru 12!

I'm going to be decorating my door and window. If you happen to find me feel free to say hi on the board I'm putting on my door.
:-)

Me DS 19

March 2009 - AS Movies, March 2010 = POP, August 2010 - POP, March 2011 - POP,
Dec 2011 - POP (MVMCP), July 2012 - POR, March 2013 - POP, Sept 2013 - POP (MNSSHP),
March 2014 - POP, May 2014 Rock Your Disney Side! 24 hr event - POP
Oct. 2014 Split stays at AKL, AOA, & ASM
Old 02-22-2013, 07:31 PM   #1699
Annie78
Mouseketeer

Two luggage/storage questions:
- After one night at POP, I switch to BLT. I know Disney will transfer the bags for me, but do I need to take them to Classic Hall myself in the morning, or can they be picked up from the room? And if they can be picked up from the room, how early? I would like to get an early start.
- I'm having a stroller delivered on arrival day. Can I leave it with bell services overnight and only pick it up in the morning (as I head to the park)? I have no need for the stroller on arrival day, but want it available first thing the next morning.
Thanks!
Old 02-22-2013, 09:26 PM   #1700
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie78
Two luggage/storage questions:
- After one night at POP, I switch to BLT. I know Disney will transfer the bags for me, but do I need to take them to Classic Hall myself in the morning, or can they be picked up from the room? And if they can be picked up from the room, how early? I would like to get an early start.
- I'm having a stroller delivered on arrival day. Can I leave it with bell services overnight and only pick it up in the morning (as I head to the park)? I have no need for the stroller on arrival day, but want it available first thing the next morning.
Thanks!
Yes, you can call Bell services to come and pick your luggage up from your room. How early will depend on their availabilty that morning when you call. So the earlier you call, the better for you if you want early pick up.
If I were you, I probably wouldn't wait until the morning to pick up the stroller if you want it first thing. Bell services can be very busy at that time. I would go grab it shortly before bed. It'll also give you the chance to make sure it was delivered! Just my .02. But that way you're not held up trying to get your day at the park started!
Old 02-22-2013, 09:47 PM   #1701
SmallWorld71
DIS Veteran

Just booked POP for April 17-19.

It's our second time at POP; last time was a quick trip in 2010. Visiting the kids' great-grandparents in Cape Coral, FL and I couldn't resist a quick side trip to see the Flower and Garden Festival and the FLE at MK. Wish it were longer, but 2 nights at POP is better than none!

Quick question: Have any of you POPers traveled to HDDR from POP? I am surprising my kids with it on our first night. (last show @ 8:30) I will have a car, so could drive and then take the FW bus. Do you think that would be faster than bus to MK, then boat to FW? OTOH, maybe I should use Disney transportation and have a couple glasses of sangria? Any thoughts?

Old 02-23-2013, 05:01 AM   #1702
VroomVroomLightning
DIS Veteran

We are returning to POP this coming November 17th! We have never flown to Disney World before as we are usually traveling with 10+ people! This time though it is just my partner and I so we will be flying! The flight we are trying to get will have us at POP around 1 pm. If for some reason our room is not ready by then is there somewhere we can leave our carry-ons so we can head right to the parks or do we need to pack light as we will be carrying them with us to the parks if our room is not ready?

We are so excited to be coming back to POP! We were there December 2010 and absolutely loved it. We had thought of upgrading to POFQ, but love POP so much we have decided not to!
Old 02-23-2013, 05:37 AM   #1703
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VroomVroomLightning View Post
for some reason our room is not ready by then is there somewhere we can leave our carry-ons so we can head right to the parks or do we need to pack light as we will be carrying them with us to the parks if our room is not ready?
You can leave your carry-ons with Bell Services.
Old 02-23-2013, 06:53 AM   #1704
VroomVroomLightning
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
You can leave your carry-ons with Bell Services.
Thank You! That is what I thought, but I wanted to be sure!
Old 02-23-2013, 06:30 PM   #1705
2Pirates2Princesses
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know if they still bring out big wheels for kids to ride on in the afternoon near the 70's buildings? I read somewhere that this is one of the organized afternoon activities they do for kids at Pop and I know my 4 and 6 year olds wouldn't want to miss out on that
Old 02-23-2013, 06:42 PM   #1706
Mel*Pie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleWDWfan View Post
Looking forward to my trip March 6 thru 12!

I'm going to be decorating my door and window. If you happen to find me feel free to say hi on the board I'm putting on my door.
:-)
I'll be there March 5-8. Hope I see your door!
Old 02-23-2013, 06:49 PM   #1707
Mel*Pie
Mouseketeer

10 Days 'till Pop!

When I made the reservation, I requested a King room and the agent suggested I request 50s building 3, based on the things I had mentioned were important to us.

Should I do online check-in now or wait until we get to the hotel? Is there a better chance of getting what we requested if we wait to check in at the hotel?

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help with this question!
Old 02-23-2013, 06:55 PM   #1708
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel*Pie View Post
Should I do online check-in now or wait until we get to the hotel? Is there a better chance of getting what we requested if we wait to check in at the hotel?
Whether you do online check-in or not has zero affect on whether you get your requests met.
Old 02-23-2013, 07:02 PM   #1709
lovesdumbo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel*Pie View Post
10 Days 'till Pop!

When I made the reservation, I requested a King room and the agent suggested I request 50s building 3, based on the things I had mentioned were important to us.

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help with this question!
King rooms in building 3 are handicap accessible.
Old 02-23-2013, 07:29 PM   #1710
Mel*Pie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesdumbo View Post
King rooms in building 3 are handicap accessible.
Does that mean that they won't assign me one? Or is it an undesirable room?
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: