Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 02-19-2013, 01:22 PM   #1666
babygirlamg
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 559

if i do online check in when i get there and they give me a room that i dont really want can i ask for a different room if there is any available or no since i have already done online check in
babygirlamg is offline  
Old 02-19-2013, 01:29 PM   #1667
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 4,277

Quote:
Originally Posted by babygirlamg
if i do online check in when i get there and they give me a room that i dont really want can i ask for a different room if there is any available or no since i have already done online check in
You can always ask to be moved...just will depend on how busy the resort is as to what they have available...but it certainly can't hurt to ask!
Hopefully you will be pleased with your original assignment!!
stitchlovestink is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-19-2013, 03:18 PM   #1668
Laracroft72
All things Disney Lover
 
Laracroft72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: North Florida
Posts: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Suggest being at the bus stop an hour before your ADR time.

By car you have a little bit more leadway, but you need to park at Tickets & Transporation and take the boat over (monorail begins an hour before park opening I believe).

BTW... We took a cab last year to the Poly for breakfast and it was $19.00.
I have a late dinner reservation at the Poly one night, glad to know what I am looking at for a possible cab ride.
Laracroft72 is offline  
Old 02-19-2013, 05:47 PM   #1669
SwimBikeRun
Mouseketeer
 
SwimBikeRun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 170

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laracroft72 View Post
I will be there in 8 days!! We won't get there until 10 at night but I am happy to lay my head down next Wed night at Disney!!!!
Woo Hoo!

It's now 6 days for me!
SwimBikeRun is offline  
Old 02-19-2013, 06:05 PM   #1670
Megsie1000
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 429

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchlovestink View Post
Hmmm....I don't know if I would link the ressies with it being such a busy time of year if it were "me". But that's just me. You're making pretty popular requests. I have a strong suspuscion by linking them, putting the rooms together will be the first priority. And if the resort is fully booked (which it may be since it is around a holiday) you may not get your building requests because of differing arrival dates. .
Good points. I think we will not link his reservation to ours.
Megsie1000 is offline  
Old 02-19-2013, 09:49 PM   #1671
Rorey
Mouseketeer
 
Rorey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: VA
Posts: 287

I was wondering if anyone has any advise/suggestion/thoughts about Pop Warner being at Pop. We'll be in the World during Pop Warner week and I was wondering if Pop Warner typically stays at Pop? How it is if they do stay there, etc.?
__________________

**Becky**
Beach Club - October 2011, AoA and ASMo - December 2013
Numerous visits to Disneyland
Rorey is offline  
Old 02-19-2013, 09:52 PM   #1672
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!
 
PhoenixStrength's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Maryland
Posts: 2,990

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorey View Post
I was wondering if anyone has any advise/suggestion/thoughts about Pop Warner being at Pop. We'll be in the World during Pop Warner week and I was wondering if Pop Warner typically stays at Pop? How it is if they do stay there, etc.?
POP usually just gets the Pop Warner overflow only. I was there during Pop Warner last year and barely noticed them at all. They had a separate desk in the lobby to deal with just them for check-in and questions. No problems with them at all though.
__________________
Aug 97 Off Site Aug 01 Off Site Sept 08 POP Nov 10 Off Site Feb 12 POP Dec 12 POP Sept 13 CBR May 14 CBR Dec 14 CBR

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR

PhoenixStrength is offline  
Old 02-19-2013, 09:59 PM   #1673
Rorey
Mouseketeer
 
Rorey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: VA
Posts: 287

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
POP usually just gets the Pop Warner overflow only. I was there during Pop Warner last year and barely noticed them at all. They had a separate desk in the lobby to deal with just them for check-in and questions. No problems with them at all though.
Thank you so much. I feel so much better.
__________________

**Becky**
Beach Club - October 2011, AoA and ASMo - December 2013
Numerous visits to Disneyland
Rorey is offline  
Old 02-19-2013, 10:18 PM   #1674
Jennifer84
Mouseketeer
 
Jennifer84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Virginia
Posts: 205

Hi everyone! I just changed my resort from CBR to POP so I wanted to come read up on it. You all seem so knowledgeable! I am coming with my daughters (ages 2 and 5- turning 6 during the trip) May 3-9. Its my 2nd trip to WDW (first and only trip was when I was 5 and I don't remember much) and my girls' first trip Cannot wait!
__________________
Jennifer
Me: , DS (9): , DD (7): , DD (3):
WDW trips: Aug 1990, April 2014, Oct/Nov 2014
2 Princesses and a Prince visit for the fisrt time ~ April 2014
April 2014 PTR
Jennifer84 is offline  
Old 02-19-2013, 10:21 PM   #1675
skater
Change sometimes stinks.. doesn't it?
I love to hear WWII stories
 
skater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,537

Leaving for POP this Saturday. I haven't been for years and feel a little nervous still about it (I got spoiled at POR and AKL). I feel lots better knowing about the privacy curtain and the refrigerator. I am looking forward to the bright colors, the music, and the cm's . I remember it as being a fun and very Disney place. It looks like the weather may cooperate .
skater is offline  
Old 02-20-2013, 08:36 AM   #1676
Laracroft72
All things Disney Lover
 
Laracroft72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: North Florida
Posts: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by skater View Post
Leaving for POP this Saturday. I haven't been for years and feel a little nervous still about it (I got spoiled at POR and AKL). I feel lots better knowing about the privacy curtain and the refrigerator. I am looking forward to the bright colors, the music, and the cm's . I remember it as being a fun and very Disney place. It looks like the weather may cooperate .
Last night I was looking at the weather for next week and it showed 2 of our days there with a 60% chance of rain. I was a little bummed, but I have ponchos so it won't stop me. THis morning , the rain chances are gone. Hopefully we will all have great weather for our trips!
Laracroft72 is offline  
Old 02-20-2013, 08:39 AM   #1677
Laracroft72
All things Disney Lover
 
Laracroft72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: North Florida
Posts: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwimBikeRun View Post
Woo Hoo!

It's now 6 days for me!
I am excited for you! And excited for me! LOL
Laracroft72 is offline  
Old 02-20-2013, 08:48 AM   #1678
Janet B
DIS Veteran
 
Janet B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Harleysville, PA
Posts: 3,939

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer84 View Post
Hi everyone! I just changed my resort from CBR to POP so I wanted to come read up on it. You all seem so knowledgeable! I am coming with my daughters (ages 2 and 5- turning 6 during the trip) May 3-9. Its my 2nd trip to WDW (first and only trip was when I was 5 and I don't remember much) and my girls' first trip Cannot wait!
Jennifer! Welcome to the POP FAQ thread So this trip is basically a first for all of you!..POP offers fun, whimsical ICONS, nightly movies, plenty of games and activities poolside during the day... great food court and terrific CMS....and all the little details Disney is known for Stick around, you will get lots of great info from all the knowledgable POPers here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skater View Post
Leaving for POP this Saturday. I haven't been for years and feel a little nervous still about it (I got spoiled at POR and AKL). I feel lots better knowing about the privacy curtain and the refrigerator. I am looking forward to the bright colors, the music, and the cm's . I remember it as being a fun and very Disney place. It looks like the weather may cooperate .
POP is certainly fun!! With the 2010 refurb, in addition to the privacy curtain came the updated entertainment unit, flat screen TV, new beds, new bedding etc. Refrigerators were added in March '12. A lot to see and do at POP (check out the shadows boxes in the lobby, for us, there's always a lot of "remember when?" going on. )

POR and AKL are wonderful...what great is that Disney themes each resort so well and each one has something unique to offer ... hope you like the POP.
__________________
Janet

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Janet B is offline  
Old 02-20-2013, 08:54 AM   #1679
Janet B
DIS Veteran
 
Janet B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Harleysville, PA
Posts: 3,939

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwimBikeRun View Post
Woo Hoo!

It's now 6 days for me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laracroft72 View Post
Last night I was looking at the weather for next week and it showed 2 of our days there with a 60% chance of rain. I was a little bummed, but I have ponchos so it won't stop me. THis morning , the rain chances are gone. Hopefully we will all have great weather for our trips!
Being florida we all know that rain is often in the forecast and is a part of Disney... just go with the flow and just keep swimmin'

To both of you... have a fantastic time and if you get a chance stop back here and tell us about your trips.
__________________
Janet

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Janet B is offline  
Old 02-20-2013, 09:23 AM   #1680
andigomeep
Mouseketeer
 
andigomeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 165

Hiiiiii!! DH and I are too impatient to wait for our next trip - DS's 3rd birthday in Nov - that we decided to go back in May! We just can't help ourselves. We stayed at Pop last September and loved it so that's where we'll be staying again. I sure hope my TA gets back to me today because I'm booking our flight today, lol.

Anyone been in the beginning of May? It seems to be average for crowd levels from what I can find. We've been spoiled by going at really off peak times and having a 10 minute wait be a long time.
andigomeep is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:47 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: