Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 03:07 PM   #1651
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpossibleOfMe View Post
Thanks

The 12 cup is the only one we have at home and Im not sure it'd be worth buying a smaller just for the trip vs a refillable mug or something like that.
Take it (if you have the packing space) or perhaps someone can lend you a smaller one? The way its worded it's really open to interpretation. If it's important to you to have your favorite brew, go for it.

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 02-18-2013, 04:49 PM   #1652
lovesdumbo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpossibleOfMe View Post
Thanks

The 12 cup is the only one we have at home and Im not sure it'd be worth buying a smaller just for the trip vs a refillable mug or something like that.
If you like coffee not sure a refillable mug is a good substitute. I'm not too picky about my coffee but I won't drink the stuff at Disney. I just switch to soda at Disney for my caffeine. I have read that Disney is getting a new coffee vendor but not sure when the new one will be served.
Register to remove

Old 02-18-2013, 06:11 PM   #1653
SwimBikeRun
Mouseketeer

I can't believe it but I will be there in 1 week!! (Actually less as our flight gets in at 11:30)
Old 02-18-2013, 08:53 PM   #1654
Salrx95
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Welcome back! Happy that POP fit well into your plans....perhaps next time (if there is one ) you will be able to utiilize the resort a bit more, i.e. other pools, food court, arcade...

BTW... how was your stay at AoA?? The Cars Suite is our favorite.
Thanks for asking. We stayed in the Cars suite for the 2 nights and it was awesome. Our boys are 4 and 7 so Cars has been a big part of our lives for like 5 years now. We had to stay there now because they have sort of grown out of it as it is now and when we return in 2 years (we will try and go every other year), they will definitely be beyond it. And wife and I love Cars too. We quoted the movie throughout the 2 days. The room was great. The privacy of the master bedroom and bathroom was great for wife and I. One of my favorite pics of of the 4 year old in the Murphy bed sleeping with Mater sleeping above. Priceless photo. The nemo pool area and playground was lots of fun, too. Everything about the place and room was awesome. I could see us staying there again, though we sort of promised the 7 year old to do CBR next time, to satisfy his current Pirate fixation, though it surely could change in 2 years. It was no biggie switching. I would love to stay there again. Great job with the theme disney. Bravo!!!

Wife was dreading leaving it since she loved it so much but Pop fit our needs for the rest of the week and we pocketed the difference.
Old 02-19-2013, 09:39 AM   #1655
Laracroft72
All things Disney Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwimBikeRun View Post
I can't believe it but I will be there in 1 week!! (Actually less as our flight gets in at 11:30)
I will be there in 8 days!! We won't get there until 10 at night but I am happy to lay my head down next Wed night at Disney!!!!
Old 02-19-2013, 09:57 AM   #1656
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwimBikeRun View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laracroft72 View Post
I will be there in 8 days!! We won't get there until 10 at night but I am happy to lay my head down next Wed night at Disney!!!!
Getting in early or late doesn't matter does it?? As long as you get there!! Enjoy!! Hope the weather will be nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salrx95 View Post
Thanks for asking. We stayed in the Cars suite for the 2 nights and it was awesome. Our boys are 4 and 7 so Cars has been a big part of our lives for like 5 years now. We had to stay there now because they have sort of grown out of it as it is now and when we return in 2 years (we will try and go every other year), they will definitely be beyond it. And wife and I love Cars too. We quoted the movie throughout the 2 days. The room was great. The privacy of the master bedroom and bathroom was great for wife and I. One of my favorite pics of of the 4 year old in the Murphy bed sleeping with Mater sleeping above. Priceless photo. The nemo pool area and playground was lots of fun, too. Everything about the place and room was awesome. I could see us staying there again, though we sort of promised the 7 year old to do CBR next time, to satisfy his current Pirate fixation, though it surely could change in 2 years. It was no biggie switching. I would love to stay there again. Great job with the theme disney. Bravo!!!

Wife was dreading leaving it since she loved it so much but Pop fit our needs for the rest of the week and we pocketed the difference.
AoA does sound / and it amazing... we explored a bit last August. We liked the lobby area, and seeing the art designs considered for the films. We didn't get to eat in the food court but hope to do so this year. BTW, my DD is 14 and would love to stay in the cars suite!! (The movie was just on over the weekend... funny, I can pop in the movie anytime, but will stop and watch movies when on TV....)

The picture you described does sound priceless!! Disney is a master at puttling in all the special touches it does at their resorts and the attractions.

If we stay there for a few nights this year, I'd like to sit a bit in one of the cozy cones by the pool...

TY Kook!
Old 02-19-2013, 10:52 AM   #1657
HappyGal
DIS Veteran

Early ADR travel time?

Magic Kingdom doesn't open until 9am but we have an 8:05am reservation at Crystal Palace.

What time should we leave POP for our 8:05am reservation?

By bus?

By car?

Monica
Old 02-19-2013, 11:13 AM   #1658
Megsie1000
Mouseketeer

Hi All!

We are a family of 5 going on a "budget" (is Disney ever budget?) trip in May.

It was between 2 rooms at POP or 1 room at POR and I think we have finally made the decision to go POP. We have an AP so will be using the AP spring discount for a stay in late May.

My Mom and I stayed there in October in a preferred room (70's) and we liked our location OK. The location was rather non-descript (we were by the Big Wheel) but we did like how close we were to the main building. We have never stayed there as a family before.

Since we need two rooms this time the difference between standard and preferred for 6 nights is $220!!! Yeah, I'm not doing that, but I DO want to try and be close to the main building, buses, etc. I know I am not guaranteed to be unless I book a preferred but I feel like at a difference of over $200 I will have to take my chances.

So what do you guys think about this as a room request (in this order):

Buildings 3, 4 or 5. Ground Floor. Connecting.

We have a huge Lady & the Tramp fan in our party, so my first choice would be building 3 (or 1?) but I am afraid if I only request one specific building I will be limiting our chances of getting what we want. Should I just say 50's instead? I am so confused.

Ground floor and connecting are our other requests. Those would be nice but are not as important as the building location. If we don't get connecting we will just put our youngest boy in with Daddy and the two girls will be with me. As long as we are close by we are OK.

Thoughts? I want to call some time today to make the reservations and I don't want to have to call more than once if I can help it. LOL.

Thanks SO much in advance for your help!
Old 02-19-2013, 11:37 AM   #1659
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megsie1000 View Post
Hi All!

We are a family of 5 going on a "budget" (is Disney ever budget?) trip in May.

It was between 2 rooms at POP or 1 room at POR and I think we have finally made the decision to go POP. We have an AP so will be using the AP spring discount for a stay in late May.

My Mom and I stayed there in October in a preferred room (70's) and we liked our location OK. The location was rather non-descript (we were by the Big Wheel) but we did like how close we were to the main building. We have never stayed there as a family before.

Since we need two rooms this time the difference between standard and preferred for 6 nights is $220!!! Yeah, I'm not doing that, but I DO want to try and be close to the main building, buses, etc. I know I am not guaranteed to be unless I book a preferred but I feel like at a difference of over $200 I will have to take my chances.

So what do you guys think about this as a room request (in this order):

Buildings 3, 4 or 5. Ground Floor. Connecting.

We have a huge Lady & the Tramp fan in our party, so my first choice would be building 3 (or 1?) but I am afraid if I only request one specific building I will be limiting our chances of getting what we want. Should I just say 50's instead? I am so confused.

Ground floor and connecting are our other requests. Those would be nice but are not as important as the building location. If we don't get connecting we will just put our youngest boy in with Daddy and the two girls will be with me. As long as we are close by we are OK.

Thoughts? I want to call some time today to make the reservations and I don't want to have to call more than once if I can help it. LOL.

Thanks SO much in advance for your help!
Hi

We always book standard and are never disappointed with our room locations. We prefer lake view which does fall under the standard booking category...and it seems like you are leaning towards booking this category. The other 2 categories (in addition to preferred) are pool view - standard (50s and 80s/90s) and pref pool view (60s).

You requests seem to be in order… if the ground floor is more important than connecting, then fine. (You could also ask for Bldg 3 (or 1) and then add 60s.

Make sure to ask the CM to link the 2 reservations.

The Lady bldg. is 1… note that most of this bldg is either pref (front part and backside near luggage services) and std pool view (front) . If you request Bldg 3 (tramp) and book standard, the rooms are are lake view which is nice. And when you walk out the front part of the bldg. you see Lady across the way.

Not sure when you are planning to go, but if it is not at a high volume time, you should able to get one of the bldgs you prefer.

Remember, at check in if you are not happy with your room location, ask the CM to move you and they will do their best to do so.

p.s. love the Disney budget remark... it's right on!!

TY Kook!
Old 02-19-2013, 11:42 AM   #1660
Rorey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyGal View Post
Magic Kingdom doesn't open until 9am but we have an 8:05am reservation at Crystal Palace.

By bus?

By car?
Me personally, I give travel time by Disney transportation at least an hour, but since that would mean you would have to be out waiting for a bus by 7am and they can be sporadic at that time in the morning you would probably be best using your own car.

**Becky**
Beach Club - October 2011, AoA and ASMo - December 2013, Yacht Club - August 2014
Numerous visits to Disneyland
Old 02-19-2013, 11:53 AM   #1661
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyGal View Post

By bus?

By car?
Suggest being at the bus stop an hour before your ADR time.

By car you have a little bit more leadway, but you need to park at Tickets & Transporation and take the boat over (monorail begins an hour before park opening I believe).

BTW... We took a cab last year to the Poly for breakfast and it was $19.00.

TY Kook!
Old 02-19-2013, 12:08 PM   #1662
AJ1983
DIS Veteran

Getting VERY excited for my trip! 76 days!
Old 02-19-2013, 12:42 PM   #1663
Megsie1000
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
We always book standard and are never disappointed with our room locations. We prefer lake view which does fall under the standard booking category...and it seems like you are leaning towards booking this category. The other 2 categories (in addition to preferred) are pool view - standard (50s and 80s/90s) and pref pool view (60s).

You requests seem to be in order… if the ground floor is more important than connecting, then fine. (You could also ask for Bldg 3 (or 1) and then add 60s.

Make sure to ask the CM to link the 2 reservations.

The Lady bldg. is 1… note that most of this bldg is either pref (front part and backside near luggage services) and std pool view (front) . If you request Bldg 3 (tramp) and book standard, the rooms are are lake view which is nice. And when you walk out the front part of the bldg. you see Lady across the way.

Not sure when you are planning to go, but if it is not at a high volume time, you should able to get one of the bldgs you prefer.
Thank you! We are going at a fairly busy time. May 23-29th. So, yeah, Memorial Day weekend is right smack in the middle. We got spoiled in January but we've been in the summer before, too, so we know what to expect. I am not sure what that means in terms of getting our request or not at POP. But I think I will do what you suggest and say "Building 3 or 1. Or 60's. Ground Floor. Connecting."

Added complication is that my BIL and his daughter are traveling with us but they are arriving a day early. They are booking standard, too, so I will suggest he ask for the same sort of requests. We'll see where he ends up. I will try and link his reservation with ours, too. It will be interesting to see what happens! ;-)

My Mom is coming too (in her own room) and I worry she will not like having the extra walk. But I figure she can book a preferred if she is really concerned. For one room it is only $111 extra but for two it adds up fast!
Old 02-19-2013, 01:11 PM   #1664
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megsie1000

Thank you! We are going at a fairly busy time. May 23-29th. So, yeah, Memorial Day weekend is right smack in the middle. We got spoiled in January but we've been in the summer before, too, so we know what to expect. I am not sure what that means in terms of getting our request or not at POP. But I think I will do what you suggest and say "Building 3 or 1. Or 60's. Ground Floor. Connecting."

Added complication is that my BIL and his daughter are traveling with us but they are arriving a day early. They are booking standard, too, so I will suggest he ask for the same sort of requests. We'll see where he ends up. I will try and link his reservation with ours, too. It will be interesting to see what happens! ;-)

My Mom is coming too (in her own room) and I worry she will not like having the extra walk. But I figure she can book a preferred if she is really concerned. For one room it is only $111 extra but for two it adds up fast!
Hmmm....I don't know if I would link the ressies with it being such a busy time of year if it were "me". But that's just me. You're making pretty popular requests. I have a strong suspuscion by linking them, putting the rooms together will be the first priority. And if the resort is fully booked (which it may be since it is around a holiday) you may not get your building requests because of differing arrival dates. They're not going to hold two connecting rooms empty like that for a night near your relative's...do you know what I mean?? So I would deal with possibly having to walk to your relative's room and focus more on what "you" want most....and then list in that order...connecting, ground floor (whichever way it is). Just my opinion, but that's what I would do if I were you. I have stayed at POP over 90 days now...
Old 02-19-2013, 01:20 PM   #1665
AuroraRora
Princess

70 days for me, I'm so excited!!
July '12 - POFQ 10 days
March 2013 ASMu 5 days ......May 2013 POP 8 days...... October 2013 POP 10 days *
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: