Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2013, 12:23 PM   #1531
DaniMoon
Mouseketeer

Let me say, the first few posts on this thread are absolutely magnificent. I am booked at AoA for October, but am keeping my options open.

I saw in the Transportation section that you could walk to the Contemporary from Pop -- how long of a walk would that be. I am thinking of making an ADR for the day we arrive and think maybe walking there would be a nice, leisurely way to introduce the kids to the wonders of Disney.

Thank you.
DaniMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 12:26 PM   #1532
casanova5
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniMoon
Let me say, the first few posts on this thread are absolutely magnificent. I am booked at AoA for October, but am keeping my options open.

I saw in the Transportation section that you could walk to the Contemporary from Pop -- how long of a walk would that be. I am thinking of making an ADR for the day we arrive and think maybe walking there would be a nice, leisurely way to introduce the kids to the wonders of Disney.

Thank you.
Pop century is not near contempary it would be a very very long walk
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-10-2013, 12:35 PM   #1533
junebugTN
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniMoon View Post
Hi DaniMoon!

You can walk between the Magic Kingdom and Contemporary but I don't think you'd want to walk between Pop and the Contemporary. I think it would be well past a 5 mile walk, and you're going to be walking quite enough already.

There's a neat interactive map on Disney's website that will give you a pretty good idea of the distance.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/maps/

Hope that helps!
June
Old 02-10-2013, 12:47 PM   #1534
DaniMoon
Mouseketeer

Thank you. I see where I made my mistake.

Also, thanks for the link to the map. It is now saved in my Disney Tips document.
DaniMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:18 PM   #1535
2Pirates2Princesses
DIS Veteran

We are booked at Pop for our May trip! My kids are going to love the theming here and I am looking forward to finally getting to try the tie dye cheesecake I am also planning for us to take a stroll over to AOA to look around and try out their food court too. We were initially planning to stay at Bonnet Creek for this trip, but we had to change our travel dates and are only going for six nights instead of seven, so we decided to just stay onsite and get two value rooms. We had a family suite at AS Music for our last trip and really liked it and had a good experience at that resort; but we want to have a new experience and try a different resort complex and getting a family suite at AOA wasn't something we could do for this trip. I had concerns about not getting connecting rooms or our building request since we booked standard rooms; but I am not worried anymore, just excited
Old 02-10-2013, 09:17 PM   #1536
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdevine10 View Post
Its been a few years since our last stay at Pop! But, its still our fave onsite option. Last year we stayed at CBR and although we liked the pool, we did not care for the resort at all. It was huge and confusing to get around.

We just booked this week for mid april and are super excited!
And if your POP stay was pre 2010, you will notice a few changes since the rooms were refurbised that year...new mattresses, privacy curtain, entertainment dresser, flat screen TVs, mini-fridges, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberg@eastlink.ca View Post
just returned wed from a week long trip to pop. we enjoyed it, had two rooms with the babe so she could get sleep at night away from the big kids. we did have an agentina cheer group there- fifteens they were called. we didnt hear them at the resort but were at the back of the 80/s building. we did run into them in several parks however and while that wasnt too bad, having them literally up my butt at bag check at epcot was a bit much. honest i could not move if i needed to.

disney handled the crowds well tho and put huge motor coachs on to transport the extra ppl sunday and monday nights. monday night we, an aussie cm and one other couple were the only ones on it going to pop. didnt need to collapse the stroller but instead he left it up and put it underneath.
Happy that you had weathered the dance troupes and had a great time! Seems like Disney handled the additional crowds well in regards to the busing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberg@eastlink.ca View Post
weather was beautiful, we had fun and came home burnt and tired. a sign of a great vacay. only real issue? someone with my first and maiden name checked in around the same day and they thought it was me when i did online checkin- so that was literally a bust for us this time. they said amber, blah with one room no one else, stying 5 nights. um no, 2 adults, 3 kids, 2 rooms and 7 nights. oy! i always knew i was a trouble maker. lol
Even in the midst of computer issues, you still kept your sense of humor about it! Pretty cool ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by skater View Post
I haven't stayed at POP in years. We arrive in two weeks (DS 11 and I) and I'm starting to get nervous about the groups. Anyone know when they'll be gone?
January is a big tour group time....and this past weekend there was the National dance championship....in 2 weeks you will be past presidents weekend (which gets higher crowds), so the levels will drop off.... next weekend (2/23) is the princess half marathon, so people will be arriving for that. We were at Disney over marathon weekend in January, and did not find the parks unmanageable... many people come in specifically to just run the marathon and attend the other events. And the running events is different than the large tour groups.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KELLY View Post
I got 2 different cm's 2 different years that were completely not going to put the 60's section on my reservation. Because they thought the entire 60's section was preferred. Which we all know it isn't . But instead of the hassle now I just give building 4 or 5 facing the lake.
Kelly, we usually give bldg numbers as well, although we have never been told that the 60s is all preferred... weird...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KELLY View Post
well everyone after my SW air heart attack this week. Meaning I had to get over sticker shock. We moved our BB dates to 8/19 to 9/2. We paid 1200.00 for air and our original dates was around 1450.00. So wasn"t a big deal to push our trip up a day to save 250.00. We don't lose any days. Just the fact that we have 2 days off before we leave.
Always good saving money!!

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!

Last edited by Janet B; 02-10-2013 at 09:26 PM.
Janet B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:32 PM   #1537
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Pirates2Princesses View Post
We are booked at Pop for our May trip! My kids are going to love the theming here and I am looking forward to finally getting to try the tie dye cheesecake I am also planning for us to take a stroll over to AOA to look around and try out their food court too. We were initially planning to stay at Bonnet Creek for this trip, but we had to change our travel dates and are only going for six nights instead of seven, so we decided to just stay onsite and get two value rooms. We had a family suite at AS Music for our last trip and really liked it and had a good experience at that resort; but we want to have a new experience and try a different resort complex and getting a family suite at AOA wasn't something we could do for this trip. I had concerns about not getting connecting rooms or our building request since we booked standard rooms; but I am not worried anymore, just excited
Hi and to the POP Faq thread. Booking standard should not affect your ability to receive connecting rooms ..... have the connecting request listed first as it seems to be your most important, and any additional request(s) should follow in order of importance.

At check in, if you do not receive your request(s), ask the CM to move you and they will do their best to accomodate you.

TY Kook!
Old 02-10-2013, 09:38 PM   #1538
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbugeye22 View Post
Thanks to this thread I have just officially booked our families first say at POP Century. Thank you all for being so informative about this place. My 2 DDs and I are taking a girls only trip for spring break. I am so excited thanks to all of you!
Girls Trip! (and probably a road trip as you live in FL - lucky you.). Have a great time!

TY Kook!
Old 02-11-2013, 01:01 PM   #1539
akayek31
DIS Veteran

3 days! The first time in 2 years my DD16 is going!

1985-Day trip, 7/08-offsite, 5/09 Pop Century, 2/11-Pop Century,9/11-Pop Century, 2/12-Pop Century, 10/12-Pop Century, 2/13-Pop Century, 2/14-Pop Century, 10/14-Pop Century

akayek31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:02 PM   #1540
casanova5
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by akayek31
Yea have a great time
Old 02-11-2013, 05:49 PM   #1541
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniMoon View Post
Happy you like the FAQ thread. AoA looks awesome and its great that each resort is a short bridge away from each other... you can explore POP easily while at AoA or vice versa if those options are '"exercised".

Quote:
Originally Posted by akayek31 View Post
Something extra to celebrate while in the "World" Have a fabulous time!!

TY Kook!
Old 02-11-2013, 09:44 PM   #1542
DonnaBoo
DIS Veteran

We're going back! So excited for another Disney vacation. We booked a bounceback and in just a few days I'll be booking dining. I can't believe how fast the time went.
Looking forward to spending the next 6 months on the Disboards.

Disney Trip#1 2006 Disney Wedding Disneymoon Dec2008 Halloween1 Sept2009 Halloween2 Sept2011 Halloween3/Universal Studios Sept2012
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO. what a ride!
DonnaBoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 07:52 AM   #1543
skater
Change sometimes stinks.. doesn't it?
I love to hear WWII stories

I didn't know they now have privacy curtains. Yay! I'm going with my 11 year old son in a couple weeks and this will make it so much better. I was a little worried about changing clothes in a tiny steamy bathroom .

Also, can someone tell me what will fit in the refrigerators? Will a half gallon of milk work? Thanks!
skater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:02 AM   #1544
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by skater View Post
Also, can someone tell me what will fit in the refrigerators? Will a half gallon of milk work? Thanks!
Yes a half gallon of milk will fit. Please see post #2 of this thread for a picture of the fridge.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:58 AM   #1545
skater
Change sometimes stinks.. doesn't it?
I love to hear WWII stories

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
Yes a half gallon of milk will fit. Please see post #2 of this thread for a picture of the fridge.
Thank you! I looked at the picture and I thought it was a yes, but now that its getting close, those little details are starting to seem more important . I appreciate the confirmation.
skater is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: